The Billionaire CEO

By AidinWhite

{Book #4 of The Winters Series} Five years out of school, and five years that Winters Group had prospered and... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six

Chapter Fifty One

587 18 0
By AidinWhite

It had been three days of the trial three days where Adrian left to do one thing and I another.

It was also quite evident that Adrian didn't really want to go to another trial of watching another person who had wished to do him or myself harm face something that was almost inevitable especially since there was so much that had been placed against Victor.

I had also been reorganizing my office over the past two days since there wasn't actually anything that desperately needed doing though I was making sure that things were going well so at least I was doing my job.

My desk had been moved from in front of the window to in front of my bookshelf though it held every file I had access to and needed to keep for various reasons that were only known to myself, and Adrian, same as how Adrian's own office had been locked in his absence because of classified information about Winters Group inside.

There was also two cloth chairs in front of the electric fireplace with a rustic clock set above it on the mantle for the sake of making it feel less professional though I did manage to keep everything in an appropriate manner for a workspace, and office of a COO.

Then the door opened and Jessica stepped into my office holding a box of folders.

"Ms. Thorne this was all the files you asked for" she says as I stood looking over New York from my window.

"Thank you Jessica could you please put them on my desk" I say pointing across the room at my now slightly messy desk since I had been neglecting putting anything away mostly because I was trying to make sure I had done what I wanted with the one thousand square feet of space my office was.

"Anything else you need me to do?" she asks politely gravitating towards the doors.

"No, that is all thanks" I say moving from the window back to the desk where I began removing the various files and organizing them in labelled folders, which was a lot more helpful then I originally thought it would be.

Then suddenly my work phone rang and I reached over to put it on speaker.

Yes I have a work phone which is mostly for business trips.

"Good afternoon, Olivia speaking".

"Good afternoon Livi" Adrian's voice says rather cheerfully through the speaker.

"Hi Adrian, what has you in such a good mood?".

"They're telling me this trial will be done by the end of the week, which means I will get to take you to London earlier then I thought, if you want to go a week earlier then we normally do, and if not, an extra week in New York is always welcome".

"Do you want to do something to celebrate".

"Like what? Elijah home please" Adrian says before the sound of a door closing could be heard.

"We could have a family dinner essentially, besides the last time we all saw one another it was when you were in a hospital bed, that's not exactly ideal conditions to see each other" I point out getting the file holders put on the correct shelves, along with putting up some of the decorations that I had bought for in here.

"No I guess it wasn't, well how about this everyone can come to the marina I want to make use of my yacht, and well your mom has never been on it, and neither has Nico's parents" he says.

"Alright I'll move the rest of my schedule to tomorrow, and come home to get ready for that then" I say, "besides work hadn't actually been that busy, and everyone seems a little sluggish today".

"It's December everyone wants to go on vacation, and not have to worry about anything, even me I want these fucking trials to just be over" he sighs and I can all but picture him running his hand through his hair out of habit of stress.

"Adrian what you should do is go to Taz's or use the boxing gym on the Skoteino, you won't be as tense" I say shutting my laptop, and walking towards the doors of my office, while pulling on my coat, before stepping out, and walking off towards the elevator.

"Have a good day Jada" I say walking past the reception desk.

"You too Ms. Thorne" she replies giving me a small smile as I stepped into the elevator.

"I will use the gym on the Skoteino, also I'm back at One57 somehow there is almost no traffic out right now" Adrian says as I press the button to go down to the lobby.

"Okay I'm just coming down to the ground floor" I say pulling out the key to the car I had chosen from the garage today.

I might bug Adrian about the millions he spends on supercars but I also know damn well he has earned everything he owns.

I sure have as well.

"Did you take out the 720S?" Adrian asks and from the sound of footsteps echoing I assume he is in the garage.

"Yes favourite in Manhattan" I say as if it was obvious, which of course it was, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if Adrian bought it when he purchased the top floor penthouse at One57.

"You could buy your own fleet of cars yet you choose to drive mine" Adrian laughs.

"Didn't you say what is yours is also mine" I muse, and I hear him hum back affirmation.

"Yes I did say that" he admits and I can hear the ding of the elevator from both the one I stood in and the one that he was walking into before I walked out and across the floor towards the doors of Winters Group and down to the black convertible McLaren.

"So technically I do have a fleet of cars because we share one" I point out lifting the door of the car and sliding into the vehicle.

"That is very true" Adrian says as I pull away from the curb and speed off towards One57.

"Oh I completely forgot to show you my new office, I had it redesigned over the past two days" I say slowing at a light.

"I will see it eventually, also I'm thinking about coming into work tomorrow since of course there's meetings and we both have to be at them" he says.

"I think the one month you hate work is December" I laugh.

"I don't hate work I just hate having a court case in the middle of one of the busiest months of the year" Adrian says.

"Well either way I will be home in ten minutes" I say pulling into a faster lane which yes isn't the nicest things to do but I also have things to do besides wait ten minutes for NYC traffic to move ten feet.

"Okay, I'm about to shower and then head to the marina" Adrian says, and once again background noise tells me he's in the bathroom.

"Alright see you when I get home" I say.

"Yes you will, I love you bye".

"I love you too".

"I know you do" he quips and I roll my eyes.

"Bye" I laugh, before hanging up and focusing on my driving for the remainder of the drive.

As stated I pulled into the garage of One57 ten minutes later and parked, before getting out and locking the door of the car which beeped as my heels clicked against the ground.

Stepping into the elevator I pressed the button for the penthouse and waited as it carried me up to the peak of the building.

When the doors finally opened with a ding I walked out removing my coat and shoes before going into the living room where Adrian was walking down the stairs in typical black jeans, and a grey crewneck.

"Hello beautiful" he says walking over to me and hugging me before leaning down and placing a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Hello babe" I reply smiling up at him.

"How was your day?" he asks.

"Slow, yours".

"Boring, that's why I'm here, I also couldn't sit in the same room as Victor" Adrian seethes.

"How's Leila, and Payton doing?" I ask knowing how much this whole ordial must be weighing down on them both.

"She had a hard time accepting that he has done this but now she's seen all the evidence and all bias aside it's pretty substantial by any means" Adrian sighs, "as for Payton I feel bad for the kid, no child should ever have to grow up without a father, or father figure".

"Payton looks up to you, you know that right" I say my hand resting on his arm.

"I know that, but I'm also not the most stable example" he says pressing his lips together.

"Everyone has flaws stop being so hard on yourself" I say, "now I'm going to have my own shower, I'll be down in a moment" I say walking towards the stairs before heading upstairs off to the bathroom.

When I actually got into the shower I quickly started to do as I set out to do, mostly because Adrian was patient but also punctual and I wouldn't make him wait forever.

Though I was trying to be quick I ended up having a fifteen minute shower, before getting out and drying off before wrapping my hair in a towel which ended up resembling a turban, though you could buy one of these at various stores.

I then take an olive green wrap dress along with a silver necklace with a teardrop emerald pendant to match my knee length dress.

Returning to the bathroom I put my hair in a near bun before walking downstairs to see Adrian at his piano playing nothing in particular mostly I think he was just finding notes to play in combinations.

"Adrian, you ready to go?" I ask stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes, you look beautiful by the way" he says standing and walking over to me.

"Thank you" I say giving him a soft smile before we both walked into the entryway and slid on our shoes, and went down to the main lobby where we were greeted by Elijah standing next to Adrian's Maybach.

Both of us then got into the back and pulled on our seatbelts before the car drove off towards the Marina, both of us remaining in silence though I would catch him staring at me every once in a while throughout the drive.

Eventually the car parked in the lot by the marina and we all walked to the largest of the three yachts, all of which were moored at their own place side by side and towering over all of the surrounding boats which just proved how unbelievably wealthy Adrian was yet none of them would be able to appreciate that he had actually designed the entire boat himself.

"Right this way Mr. Winters, Ms. Thorne" the captain says from the end of the gangplank that let allowed us to board the boat while six or so PPO's all dressed in suits stood nearby.

How to ensure safety one oh one.

"Thank you Captain" Adrian says before walking along the decking of the boat to the kitchen where Adrian seemed to find a gentle peace while cooking.

"So any idea what you will make?" I ask pulling the sliding glass wall back into place.

"Yes, but it's a surprise" Adrian says walking around the kitchen and collecting various pieces of cookware to make whatever it was that he had planned for twelve people.

"Alright, I'll go make sure everyone finds the right boat when they arrive" I say walking towards the back where the aft outdoor lounge was with a fire pit, and open dining room though I made sure it was closed since it was rather cold outside.

Over the next hour everyone arrived making their way onto the boat which included the entire group, Nico's parents, and my own, all of which I offered drinks which allowed for all of us to relax and talk while waiting for Adrian to be finished with dinner.

"I've never been on a boat this bit" Jordan admits while the mooring ropes are stashed away since we had left the marina ten or so minutes ago, and deck staff were making sure everything was how it was supposed to be around the boat.

"You get used to it, though it took me two full years to adjust to this all" I admit taking a sip from my glass before the dining room wall opened and Adrian walked out his sleeves folded to his elbow while the smell of top quality food mixed with spices flowed out to all of us making the temptation of food rise in all of us.

"Damn that smells good" Hunter remarks looking over at Adrian.

"Everyone just a fair warning if you want food I suggest you get it now before Hunter takes all of the best parts, right Ambrose" Adrian points out with a sly smirk on his face at the expense of his friend who was shaking his head at him.

"Shut up Adrian" Hunter muttered.

"Jokes aside food is ready" Adrian says walking back inside to the head of the table which had been laden with plates, utensils, and all the food that Adrian had made which looked more like a feast, granted there was twelve people that would be eating from the same table.

"This looks amazing thank you" Kate says sitting beside Nico, which was soon followed by all the others thanks and appreciative remarks about his cooking.

"Please sit, and take what you want" Adrian states as he sat down and began taking what he knew he would eat along with the rest of us, which created a round the table cycle of food until we all had what we wanted.

"I want to give a toast to our cook, and host" Jordan says raising his glass towards Adrian.

"Don't give me too much credit Jordan" my boyfriend adds humbly, "this was actually Olivia's idea".

"Well then, to Olivia for convincing Adrian to do this" my step dad adds, and we all raise our respective drinks.

"Cheers" we all say before the casual light hearted conversation we had all been having restarted, and with all of us sitting here I could see it how Adrian did, this was family everyone here whether by blood or by bond this was our family, and I was glad to be apart of it.

This was definitely long and done before two which is rather eye opening but I also wanted there to be a chapter like this, and I enjoy writing long chapters, leave comments, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

778K 51K 99
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...
52.1K 1.4K 75
{Book #5 of The Winters Series} For newly weds Adrian Winters and Olivia Thorne everything seemed perfect, and like nothing could stand in their way...
822K 24.2K 35
Book #2 of "The Four" book series Warning: Mature (18+) Content! "I said move your hand," I demand with a low growl. She shakes her head again. So I...
100K 2.8K 30
Araceli is 16 and is ready to be set free from the brutal life of a biker princess. Her mother and older brother was shoot dead and her dad was sente...