Loving You is A Losing Game |...

By bangtanslostslipper

"So you're telling me all this time you had no feelings for me? Are you fucking kidding me?" "Seeing the affe... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69 (Letters)
70
71
Epilogue

39

252 21 0
By bangtanslostslipper

Seungmin threw himself onto his bed as soon as he entered his bedroom. He felt so drained, not caring how he was still in unchanged clothes from the day.

He just wanted the comfort that only his bed could provide.

As he kept drifting off to sleep, a sudden ding from his phone caught his attention. Not one ding, it kept dinging so many times Seungmin was definitely pissed by the time he reached his phone.

A flood of texts filled the guy's phone.

Texts from a number Seungmin had no idea of.

Warily he took a hold of the phone before slipping under the warmth of his mattress.

Oh how much he wished he had just ignored it and went to sleep.

Unknown number
Seungmin
Pls answer
Pls just let me explain! I'm so so sorry love pls talk to me at least once
I got a new number to contact you cuz you already blocked me from everything.
I was outside your apartment today all day but you never came home
Are you okay babe?
Pls talk to me. I need to know if you're doing okay
Ik nothing can forgive me for what you've witnessed but pls pls just listen to me once
I swear you won't regret
There's a big misunderstanding going on here. Pls don't jump into conclusions
I love you, Seungmin
Trust me once more please.

His breath hitched, hands shaking in frustration. Of course it was Hyunjin.

The cheater that he had nothing to do with anymore. Yes, Seungmin had lost all hopes of Hyunjin actually having any valid reason for kissing someone other than himself, in a party where he came with his boyfriend.

He harshly wiped the tears that had just rolled down his pale cheeks, taking a few deep breaths.

Seungmin was done.

Seungmin
Do not try to reach me
I'm done with you
There's nothing that I want to hear from you
Goodbye, Hyunjin

*You cannot reply to this conversation*

More tears swelled in the eyes of the guy lying motionless on his bed, his phone lazily left beside him.

It was over, from his side. The relationship he had grown to love was gone now, the person he had loved to fall in love with was far from his reach.

And he didn't regret pushing away the love of his life.

Seungmin rolled to his side, pressing both of his hands on top of his mouth, to muffle the sound of sobs. Although he was the one to end this journey with his once best friend, it didn't hurt any less.

Please don't jump into conclusions.

The text that kept roaming through Seungmin's head brought a rush of deja vu. It sounded way too familiar to something the male had heard that night from an older male he had started to slowly lean on, just a few hours back.

"I feel you, Seungmin and i respect your decision. Just be sure that the conclusions you come to are the ones related to reality." 

*A few hours ago*

Due to Minho forcing the younger to finish everything he had ordered, they were both able to leave with a content stomach. Seungmin of course refused to eat anything other than the little food he had ordered for himself.

But of course Minho had his ways too. "C'mon Seungmo, help me out with all these," he had pointed towards the tons of dishes decorated in front of him, "What was I thinking while ordering so much?"

Seungmin sighed, seeing right through the older's slick behaviour. Minho showed a smug smile before pushing some of the food towards the younger.

In the end, they both finished everything together. 

That night, none of the males had the appetite to eat. They most probably would've skipped dinner if it weren't for each other's company.

That alone made both of their hearts feel content. 

After Minho had paid for their food, which Seungmin insisted on sharing but got sushed by the older male instead, they went out for a small walk to the park.

It was silent between them during the whole walk but it was one of a comfortable kind. The park was empty when they reached, as it was supposed to be on a chilly winter night around midnight.

Minho shivered at the sight of the familiar park. There in front of him was the place where he remembered seeing him after getting his heartbroken by the younger now beside him.

He hated how despite it being years, everywhere he went had something to remind him of him.

"Hyung, let's go sit on the swings." Seungmin's timid voice brought Minho back to reality as he saw the younger staring at him expectantly. 

"Ah- right! yeah, let's go." 

Minho internally cursed himself for zoning out like that, in thoughts of someone he wished he could forget. Shrugging off the feeling, he went behind Seungmin who had already occupied one of the swings.

"Hyunjin and I used to come here all the time for our late night dates," Seungmin chuckled bitterly.

The older took a sit on the swing beside him, carefully listening to the other.

"I don't understand, hyung. Was everything we built up together, all the times we spent with each other not worth of anything?

"There must be something seriously wrong with me.." his voice trailed off, making the older beside him frown.

"No, Seungmin. There's nothing wrong with you and I have a feeling that Hyunjin thinks the same too-"

"Then why!?" Seungmin yelled. "How can you say that after the things he had done!"

Tears streamed down the younger's face. Seeing this, Minho slightly panicked, not knowing what to do exactly.

He hastily stood up from the swing and made his way in front of the younger, crouching down in front of him.

"Because I know you, and I've seen the way he's been around you." Minho slowly took the younger's shaking hands in his own, lightly caressing them while speaking softly.

"You were perfect, sweetie. But you have to accept that some people aren't meant to stay. I don't want to see you sad when we can both try getting through this together."

"I want to see you shine again, Seungmin."

Seungmin sniffled, his cries dying down a bit, as he made eye contact with the older male crouching in front of him.

A small smile was plastered on Minho's face. That smile, that damn warm smile which could melt even the coldest hearts.

"You're perfect, Seungmin. Don't let anything or anyone let you think otherwise."

In an instant, Minho felt the younger in front of him launch himself onto him as a loud sob escaped his mouth.

Minho quickly caught the other in his arms, wrapping him up in a warm hug as he let him cry his heart out on his shoulder.

The left out swing behind the two hugging men dingled on its own as the night fell even darker.

Seungmin remembered how the older patted his back and held him until he was sure the other had calm down again.

After spending some time at the park, both of them decided it was right to leave for home around 2 am.

Fortunately the younger's apartment was a 5 minutes walk from the park, so Minho insisted dropping him off.

"You can come inside, hyung. How are you gonna go home this late?"

They were now in front of the 7 storied apartment complex, biding their goodbyes for the night.

"It's alright, I don't wanna be a trouble." Minho kindly rejected the invitation. "I'll find a ride back don't worry. You should get inside now."

"Hyung, I-" Seungmin hesitated a bit before taking a deep breath. "I've decided."

Minho nodded, gesturing for the other to continue.

"I don't think I can face Hyunjin right now and neither do I wanna associate in any kind of conversation with him. I'll end things here."

It was what felt right. It was a feeling of loss and betrayal that only Seungmin had had a taste of. He had every right to decide how his life went.

Minho nodded at him understandingly.

"I feel you, Seungmin and I respect your decision. Just be sure that the conclusions you come to are the ones related to reality."

The cold night which was supposed to welcome the new rising sun in a few hours felt as if it was gulping in another lonely night.

That's how Minho would describe how he felt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

265K 10.9K 43
"Are you seriously going to give up on Minho?" "No." ~ In which Han Jisung is in love with his best friend Lee Minho and tries everything to hide his...
108K 4.7K 62
jisung had gotten into a relationship like any other but just 2 months later, his relationship had taken a turn for the worst jisung however was blin...
91.8K 3.6K 55
Minho only wanted one thing: revenge. He was going to kill Jisung and he thought nothing could stop him. But then, his plan for revenge takes an un...
425K 12.5K 79
I know what you came here for: • Yes, there's heavy smut • Minsung are the main ship • Contains side ships Please don't bully me, I'll cry It's Lee...