CROSSFIRE; twd (1)

By cierakay_

"𝙒𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧" Jane Monroe, a young virologist pre-apocalypse and a badass who's in lov... More

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙚𝙣
𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮
BOOK 2

𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

783 19 3
By cierakay_

CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
"Reunited"
——

In Alexandria, walkers continue to swarm the streets. Jane and Joslyn sat down on the floor and Jane looked out the window of her living room cautiously as some of the walkers left her door step but multiple still crowded it. The sun was still out and Jane felt like they were never getting out and getting back to normal. Although they were never really normal they were just living a slightly better life that reminded them of life before the fall.

"We're never getting out of here" Jane mumbles as she twirls her blade in her hand. "We need to go out there and kill every single one of them weather it's by hand or a gun" Jane states and Joslyn locks eyes with Jane. "There's a herd of them out there. We'll get tired unless all of us as a community works together to kill them but all I see is a bunch of people hiding in there house at the moment" Joslyn argues and Jane sighs as she fidgets around with the necklace around her neck continuing to think about Glenn and his whereabouts.

Those balloons were close so maybe he had to be too but she also hoped he didn't get to close considering the circumstances at Alexandria right now. "He'll be okay" Joslyn reassures and Jane clears her throat leaving her train of thought. "I hope so" Jane mumbles and Joslyn reaches over and places a reassuring hand on her sisters shoulder. "You can't think like that". "It's hard not to when you have a herd of walkers surrounding you" Jane says as she continues to fidget with her necklace trying to get her mind to wander to better thoughts and scenarios.

"Here" Joslyn says as she reaches into her bag and grabs a bottle of water and hands Jane a bag of chips. Jane looks down at the food and water and shakes her head. "I'm okay" Jane says and Joslyn scoffs and hands Jane the water and chips anyway. "Fine, but we're sharing these" Jane says as she opens the bag of chips and takes one before handing the bag over to Joslyn, "I hope you didn't think you would get these all to yourself" Joslyn says before taking a few chips and eating them one by one.

"When did you even get these?" Jane asks and Joslyn shrugs, "I went to the pantry as soon as the watchtower fell. I got chocolate too" Joslyn says as she pulls out multiple chocolate bars out of her bag. Jane shakes her head jokingly before taking a few sips of water. "You know I don't like chocolate" Jane argues and Joslyn sighs as she opens up the chocolate bar and takes a bite of it. "I don't know why or who you got that from but more for me" Joslyn states as she takes another bite of it.

Jane, who has lost her appetite just lays her head back against the arm of the couch as it sits in front of the door. "You gotta eat something" Joslyn says and Jane sighs as she takes a few more sips of water. "I'm okay" Jane mumbles as she looks over outside the window as the sun began to set and things weren't looking any better outside.

As nighttime fell upon them Jane began to get tired and found herself closing her eyes for a bit but was interrupted every-time by the obnoxious banging on the door every so often from the hungry walkers outside on her doorstep. "Jane— Jane look!" Joslyn calls out as she watches from the window in shock. "What?" Jane asks as she stands to her feet looking out the window seeing Alexandria residents watch from their homes as Rick and the others take on the walkers. "We have to help him" Jane says as she pulls out the gun from her holster. "I agree" Joslyn says as she pushes the couch out of the way and not in front of the door.

"We open the door and we shoot" Joslyn says as she unlocks the door and places her hand on the door knob ready to open it. Jane nods her head and counts down from 3 and as soon as she hits one Joslyn swings open the door killing any walker she sees, same as Jane. "Ugh!" Jane grunts as she pistol whips a walker in the head, killing it instantly. Jane, Joslyn and other residents of the community venture out and join the fight. "We can beat them!" Rick cries. "Ah!" Jane screams as she uses her blade to stab 3 walkers back to back. "Take it easy" Joslyn whispers over to Jane before she kills a walker with her end of her rifle.

Jane sees the lookout post in the distance as she kills yet another walker to help out Rick. She sees Enid helping Maggie and minutes later sees Glenn distracting them away from the tower so Maggie and Enid are able to get down. "Glenn?" Jane questions as she kills a walker who gets to close to her and stares in the direction ahead of her seeing Glenn start to get surrounded by walkers.

"No! No!" Jane cries out as she pulls out both of her guns and shoots any walkers who get in her way, creating a pathway so she is able to get to Glenn. "Glenn! Glenn" Jane calls out as she kills a few walkers who get to close to him. "Jane!" Glenn notices and uses the rest of his bullets to kill some of the walkers around him. Soon Jane runs out of bullets and she drops her guns on the ground and starts using her blade to kill some of the walkers around him but she is still unable to get to him.

"Get down!" Sasha shouts and Jane looks in there direction seeing them standing on-top of a fuel truck and does as they say and gets down on the ground before they gun down the walkers and save Glenn and Jane. Jane and Glenn both rise to their feet and immediately lock eyes. Tears flood Jane's eyes as she rushes to Glenn and wraps her arms around him as she smashes her body into his.

"I saw the balloons" Jane breathes out as she hugs Glenn tight not wanting to let go. "I love you" Glenn confesses and Jane pulls away from the hug placing her lips onto his and sharing a very passionate, mutual, and loving kiss with Glenn, her husband, her soulmate. "Come on" Glenn says as he interlocks his hand into Jane's and walks her over to the truck and helps her in. Jane looks over at the drivers seat and sees Daryl. "What the hell happened?" Daryl asks as Glenn and Jane catch their breaths. "A herd followed Rick back here and then the watch tower fell and let them all in" Jane explains and Daryl shakes his head.

"Listen... we can— we can lead some of them away, but they're scattered" Glenn states and Jane nods her head. "They spilt up once they got into the community" Jane states as she looks around still seeing herds and herds of walkers. "No, we get 'em all together. Won't have to lead em away" Daryl states and Jane nods her head as she leans back into the seat of the truck, not wanting to let Glenn's hand go. "How's Joslyn?" Daryl asks as he doesn't meet Jane's eyes. Jane furrows her eyebrows and nods her head, "She's good. She's helping Rick" Jane states and Daryl nods his head before he hits the roof of the truck, warning Sasha and Abraham that they will be moving.

Daryl drives the truck over to the pond in Alexandria and Jane and Glenn hop out of the car, running in front of the truck killing any walker who gets close to them and the truck while Daryl dumps fuel from the truck into the pond as the fighting intensifies in Alexandria. Sasha, Abraham, Maggie and Enid rush over to help Glenn and Jane kill the walkers that start to come up to the truck giving Daryl time to do his plan.

Once Daryl was finished everyone got back into the truck and Abraham drove it a few feet away from the pond like Daryl wanted. All of a sudden Daryl launches an RPG into the water and a ball of fire erupts into the sky, distracting the walkers. Rick's group and all the Alexandrians keep killing and killing as the walkers flock to the fire, going up in flames as they stumble into the lake. "Shit, it worked" Glenn says as he looks over at Jane staring into her eyes with such lust as he's glad he found his way back to her.

The next morning, the street is littered with walker corpses and the town has successfully been reclaimed by the living. Jane and Glenn stayed together for the rest of the night and took a much needed shower after all the blood, sweat, and tears they were covered in. Last night, Jane laid with Glenn in there bed and told him what was going on while he was gone. Including her pregnancy. He wasn't upset, he was over the moon happy.

Although he remembered what happened to Lori but he wished them the best and knew they would be great parents. Jane let him know she would like to keep it on the down low for now and he accepted that considering what had happened to Carl and hearing about a pregnancy would make anyone any happier.

WORD COUNT: 1617

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 7.9K 27
Scarlett Bradford, a twenty-three-year-old ex-nurse, roams what's left of the world alone. After a narrow brush with death in the city of Atlanta, Ge...
3.4K 68 33
(REVAMP AND REPUBLISH OF THIS STORY) (ACTIVELY UPDATING) When a young female marine finds herself helping an old creep named Merle handcuffed to a ro...
89.8K 2.1K 38
SQUEAL TO TOGETHER From the quarry, to the CDC, then the farm, to the prison, Rick and his group have survived through it. Losing many, from walkers...
85.8K 1.5K 54
pre-apocalypse melanie always felt small and alone in the big city she lived in. moving at a young age forcefully didn't make the situation any easie...