A Dream Within A Dream

By Jk_writes_

Being in an ecstatic world of our own seems amazing, right! Rather than living in a world full of harsh dish... More

Blurb
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 48
Epilogue

Chapter - 36

51 13 141
By Jk_writes_

On 01 December, at 19:45 the Prince of the Kingdom of Buldana was born and felicitated with a title naming the child, Marshall. The sole motive of the Prince's life was meant to be the devastation of Kingdom Agorta.

But destiny had planned something else for them. On one fine day, the Prince was in his armor and was practicing sword combat when he felt a tender touch near his shoulder, which left him bewildered in astonishment and the hostile opponent won the round.

The opponent was none other than Princess Bella, the Princess of Agorta, born on 23 November, 01:10 a.m., who came there to mend things up and convince with a treaty of peace.

The princess had some extraordinary powers in her beingness. The power to predict future happenings, and whether anyone believed or not, anything and everything said by her subconscious proved to be the truth. Her inner voice precisely got to know what was going to happen, but only in those times when it was needed to.

After the unwanted encounter and getting defeated by the Princess in a sword combat as well as by her charms, the Prince, Marshall couldn't stop himself from falling in love with her.

Contrary to the mending relations between the two, the peace treaty was disregarded by the King, as he thought that it was the Buldana's win against the Agorta's.

The Princess left empty-handed from the Kingdom the same day, but something was there that still didn't let her go.

The lake, the essence of the village in the huge Kingdom of Buldana became Marshall's and Bella's place to encounter by, to see each other again. Just a glance at each other for both of them was enough to persuade them into meaningful well-being towards each other's love and passion.

The lake, where the swans dwelled, became their precious family. At every unannounced arrival in disguise towards the lake, made the swans fidget with joyousness, that they hugged the Prince and Princess into their embrace.

Never in their lifetime, the swans hurt them or get hurt by Marshall and Bella. It was their unconditional love and precious presence that brought them together as a family.

But this small family came into the view of dark energy when the King and Queen were told about the betrayal harmed by the Prince, resulting in casting a dark evil curse on the Prince by his step-mother, the second wife of the King.

Bella's subconscious voiced that circumstances were not in their favor and would never be in this life. She saw death coming near them any minute.

With her powers, she masked the time to move into reality only when Marshall's and Bella's souls would reconnect into two clocks. She had known that despite the curse, the love, the passion, the feelings would mend things again.

After writing the last lines of their lives of giving their soul promises to each other, they once again but only for the last time, ran in the heavy rains, in freezing hails, they ran towards... the lake. The swans on seeing their beloved ones fidgeted closer to them and showed their affection towards each other.

However, the time was near and fate was accepted by the two. The Prince got stabbed by one of the King's men and was shoved into the lake to drown and die, where the Princess teared up and cried at the top of her lungs on her beloved's death and had no reason to live.

Step by step, she entered the water and drowned herself to death. The swans couldn't do anything for them. They just stood there at the back, showing their pain in the form of singing about the death of their beloved ones.

The only sound heard in the kingdom at that night was the swans' song, which was the meaning of menace and dark death embarked by the broken heart.

The village families called them soulmates and agreed to the significance that one day their souls will reunite again, and that day will be the one where the village will illumine again with happiness.

The time of death of the soulmates was 23:01 being their death by body's but never by souls.

According to them, their souls will try to reconnect with each other in every life, with the inception of the scenario masked by the scenery just before their death. The clock will start ticking again when their birthdates and time of death will clash, resulting in the meet-up of their souls... again.

I... I was speechless. Heavy drops of tears already started to brim in my eyes, making my vision go blurry. My lips were trembling while my heart was beating loudly.

It felt so... so real.

What that old woman had said, and what had been written there, couldn't be a mere coincidence.

The curse, the love, the sense of precognition, their birthdates, their names, ... the c-clock... the time, everything was just... connecting. That meant that we were the Prince and Princess. Omg.

I secretly wiped my tears away and excused myself for searching more on this to make sure if what I was thinking... which was truly unbelievable yet evidenced, was true.

I roamed nonchalantly thinking about what was going on when I reached the last alley of mere dark, ancient abandoned books.

My blurry vision got focused on one, sitting horizontally on the pavement... "Souls".

There was a bookmark attached to the book and I opened the book from there only to find out a chapter on "tethered strings"... and the same butterfly bookmark.

How can all this be a coincidence? I thought to myself when I covered my mouth with my hand.

Well then, it's not a coincidence. I'm still in shock at how you decoded it all.

What do you mean?

Like, I'm prodigious, but I didn't know that without me telling you, you could find the truth.

Well, it's said, sometimes destiny takes the route of coincidences to achieve the destination.

I adore my mind, dolt.

I walked back towards where I was seated, but before I could, my hand was pulled in between one of the stacks of books.

I was about to shriek in fear when a hand was put on my mouth to shush me up by none other than Mr. Water guy.

"Do you want to know a secret, love?" He whispered in my ear.

I tried to move to not embarrass myself, but he caged my body in between his hands and leaned closer than ever that there was no space for me to even move.

As usual, my stupid heart started thumping loud enough for him to hear.

I have understood one thing, bitch. No matter where you are, you have the power to embarrass me everywhere.

"Wh-what secret?" I stuttered. Shit.

"Answer my question, first. Do you remember the first time we met?" He asked raspily in my ear.

"Someone will see us," I said politely while looking, with the widest eyes I could do, at him.

He hummed in response and slowly got back and leaned down closer to my face that his right profile was just in front of my face.

I just stood there thinking of what was going on until I realized, he wanted me to kiss his cheek?

Bitch, yes! I'm so happy that you are thinking straight today, unlike every other freaking time.

I leaned closer to his face until my nose bopped his temple, to which he let out a chuckle, still bent down.

Likewise, I kissed his cheek and let my lips rest there for a while until I retorted back. He smiled at me, which was one of his genuine smiles, and caressed my cheeks in a circular motion in return.

My heart-he is so cute.

We sat at our seats in the library, reminding me of the days we spent together in the library talking and bickering about anything and nothing. We had come so far.

"Answer my question, love," he said and kept his hand on mine, holding it gently.

"At that alley, where you thought that you had seen a ghost!" I exclaimed but immediately regretted the choice of words as he might be going through one of his panic attacks at that time.

"Wrong," he simply said.

"But I asked you so many times that if we met before, you never replied to that," I remarked.

"It's true. I had seen you before. But where? How? It was all so weird for me... because I never saw you in real... I saw you in flashes... like I imagined your face in a fantasy parallel world... I saw you in A dream within a dream" he stated.

"What? You should have told me this earlier. It's not a secret, my love, my marshmallow, because I had seen you somewhere in flashes and dreams too... in my own ecstatic world... I even had given you a nickname back then... Mr. Water Guy," I let out a giggle at the end.

"I dreamt of your eyes in my dreams... where I knew I was imagining things, but I was still awake in my dreams. That is, I was pulled in... A Dream within a dream, where I fell in love with you."

"Oh! That explains why you ran away from me... because that was my first time too seeing you in real!" I exclaimed like I solved one of the biggest mysteries.

"Wait- you fell in love with my eyes?" I asked.

"All this time, whenever I look in your deep eyes, I see a kind soul calling my name, demoing me a glimpse of hope."

"Vian... I love you." I mouthed, happy tears forming in my eyes.

"I love you," he whispered.

"Also, Mr. Water Guy? Seriously?! Again... you give me so weird names! And then complain about me being calling you my favorite name," He said, making a priceless face.

"You don't even know the significance of those names. Every name had a meaning, which I'll tell you some other day."

"Now it's time for my secret..." I chimed proudly.

I read the bookmarked page and spoke out the contents, "Souls are linked to other souls. That's what we call soulmates, souls that are another part of your soul tethered by an invisible string, where the strings pull you together into a world of one consciousness."

"Some are past life soulmates, where their souls being soulmates in the past might reunite and reconnect again in their present beingness." I read.

"That's what happened Vian, we are past life soulmates," I said and told him about Marshall and Bella's story, how everything just got... connected. That we are their reincarnations.

"It was written, that the souls will try to reunite with the inception of the scenario masked by the scenery just before their death. And the first time, I saw you... was when time stopped for some time and I heard the swans singing voices... like they were crying and then you..." I explained where the similar had happened to him too.

"I'm your Marshall, Bella..." he smiled lightly.

"I'm your Bella, Marshall."

I read further, "Some souls connected from the past are encountered again and again. They are truly devoted to each other that they can feel each other's pain, they can die if the other dies. They can vaguely communicate with each other through flashes and dreams."

"I would die on the spot if you-" I cut him off.

"Don't talk about death, Vian. Remember, I talked about it all the time since the day we came here, and now with this precognition sense, I don't feel great talking about death at all..."

I further read, "Not every soulmate is romantically bonded. Some come in our life like family, friends and turn our life drastically to make life a meaningful and beautiful experience."

"Xavier."

"Casey."

We both said in unison and laughed freely. Everything was just getting better and better, completely opposite to what our lives have been.

Our laughter echoed in the room, disrupted by many glares that even made us laugh more.

"I want to tell you something, Jo. Even if we weren't the past life soulmates or any other soulmates, I would have still loved you the same with every ounce of blood in my body."

"I would too."

He leaned in closer without noticing that we were sitting in between a silent room of people and pecked my lips making a smooching sound at the end grasping the attention of one or two to which my face turned the deeper shade of red as some eyes widened at our moment and I didn't want any eyes on us except ours.

"Hey, you want to know another secret? Remember that butterfly bookmark girl?" He asked all of a sudden.

"Uh- yeah, what about her?" I asked him, acting like I don't know her.

"I saw her the other day, almond shaped hazel eyes, brown long hair, crescent dimples when she smiles, she's CUTE," he said and smirked leaning back in his chair chewing on an imaginary gum.

"What?" I questioned, and then I realized he is talking about me.

Remember the time I said you were good at decoding clues? I lied.

I couldn't help but get shy at his remark.

We all were ready to march back to the cottages when Chloe decided to interrupt us again.

"Vian, baby, my feet are hurting, please carry me to the cottage," she seductively said.

Pathetic pick me bitch.

"Everyone's entitled to act stupid once in a while, Chloe. But you definitely abuse this privilege, girl!" I exclaimed and scoffed at her, leaving Vian and her and going for my way.

"You heard my girl, right? Also, are you always this stupid, or do you show off only when I'm around?" I heard Vian ask her in his deep voice.

I fell into a fit of laughter and to my surprise, her friend Bonny even laughed at Vian's remark too.

"Vian, hi-five baby!" I shouted and whistled.

Finally, he was opening up. He was standing up for himself. Everything was going perfectly.

"You will pay for this, Jo, soon." Chloe barked at me to which I didn't even acknowledge her presence and my hand gestured at her showing my middle finger.

"What the -"

─•❉᯽❉•─

Thoughts?🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 8.4K 48
Meet Willow Woods, a very passionate beautiful girl who has a fun and free personality. Willow always knows what she wants and she won't let herself...
58.1K 3.4K 46
#1 in Paranormal 15/12/20 and 31/10/2021 #1 in Paranormal Love 13/04/19 and 21/10/2021 Everyone has been told at least one ghost story during their l...
50.9K 2K 47
โœ… Complete โœ… When Campbell Kramer accepted a job offer in Manhattan, she never could've imagined what the city had in store for her. Namely, two hand...
34.4K 2.3K 28
[ COMPLETED โœ”๏ธ] Yibo & Tae are childhood best friend's so their families arrange their marriage. But just after engagement tae & yibo decides to go...