Their little star

RyuuLu által

If there is one thing Skye is sure about, the one thing she has come to learn, is that there are people out t... Több

Melinda
Melinda
Maria
Phil
Phil
Victoria
Natasha
Maria
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Skye
Skye
Natasha
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Melinda
Victoria
Skye
Jemma
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Jemma
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Bonus Chapter
Skye
Pepper
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Jemma
Skye

Skye

664 20 1
RyuuLu által

"Take Skye with you."

Hearing her name as she walks past the common room, makes her cone to a stop. Turning her head to the side, she sees that Melinda is handing over a piece of paper to Simmons and Fitz.

"Take Skye what now?"

She asks, not fully sure what Melinda is planning, as long as it only contains Simmons and Fitz in the group, she guesses things will be fine.

"That's perfect!"

Simmons says, moving with a speed Skye didn't know she had in her. In a blink, Simmons has locked her arm around Skye's and Fitz is taking the paper from Melinda before joining Skye and Simmons.

"Come on, this will be fun."

Simmons adds before she starts to drag Skye with her.

"Take Skye where now?"

Skye asks once more, looking over her shoulder to see a small smile playing on Melinda's face. Oh, she had a bad feeling about that.

"We are going shopping!"

Simmons explains happily as they reach the staircase leading down to the hangar. Seeing as how Melinda gave them a piece of paper, she should have seen it coming.

"I'm just wondering where we are going to find a few of these things."

Fitz comments, which makes Simmons stop walking and since she is still holding onto Skye, she is forced to stop to.

"Let me see."

Skye tells him, holding out her free arm to get the paper. Reading through the list, Skye realises it's the one that's been placed on the fridge and where things have been added once they are out. Melinda have taken this opportunity to add in a few things that won't be found in a normal store.

"I know a place where we can find all of this. But we are going to need a car."

Getting her arm back from Simmons grip, Skye walks the last few steps down, happy that the ramp is already open, and that Coulson thinks it's a good idea to keep the keys in the car when they are on the plane, easier to get out if needed. Taking the driver seat in one of the SUV's she waits for Simmons and Fitz to join her.

She didn't have to wait for long, the moment both of them are in the SUV, Skye starts in up and they are off. To her surprise, there is a silence in the car as they drive. Remembering that the last time the two of them were stuck with her in a car, they were hit by another.

Skye can't blame them for that, even if it wasn't really her fault. Sure, she could have pulled the trigger, but that would have added to many questions she didn't want to answer at the time.

"How do you know about this store?"

Simmons finally asks as they are getting closer to the store.

"One of my foster parents only did her shopping in this store, it has everything she needed."

Skye starts to explain, finding a parking space close enough. Leaving the car, she starts leading the sciences twins down the road.

"And it helped that it was across the street from... the... studio..."

Skye continues to explain, only to drop what she is saying and coming to a stop as her eye's lands on the dance studio. Realising now why Melinda suggested Simmons and Fitz to take her with them.

"I didn't know you could dance."

Fitz comments, keeping her eyes on the studio, the only reply Skye managed to give was a nod of her head. Forcing herself to look away, she turns her attention towards the agents.

"At least through some of the foster homes. It was the one thing I could count on was the same every time."

She explains, not lying for once. Which in this moment felt a bit odd, she had grown used to laying to these people. But the only foster family that never took her to the studio was the one she lived with between Victoria and her siblings, and that family was a bad one in other ways too so.

"You want to go over there, don't you?"

Simmons asks, making Skye nod her head in a respond. From the corner of her eye, she can see how Simmons and Fitz looks at one another and she recognises the silent conversation happening between them.

"You go over there; we can take care of the shopping. Come over once you are done."

Simmons tells her, making Skye smile big before hugging Simmons, something that surprises both her and the British woman.

"Thank you! I owe you one!"

She tells them, before she heads for the dance studio, making sure she can cross the road without a problem. Reaching for the door, she takes out her wallet to get the key card so she can let herself in. The security system was added once Skye moved in with her siblings, just to keep her extra safe. Placing the card on the lock, hearing it klick open, she pushes the door open.

Stepping into the studio, Skye takes in a deep breath, and she can feel how the stress and worry that has been hanging over her melt away. Looking over to the receptions, she stops in her movement. Her eyes landing on a woman she hasn't seen before.

"Who are you, where is Zari?"

She asks, her eyes narrowed and ready if she will need to escape. The woman seems to be around the same age as herself.

"I'm Michelle."

Is the respond Skye receives, which makes her narrow her eye's.

"Where is Zari?"

She asks once more, her tone growing a bit darker this time and she can see how the young woman freezes up slightly.

"Calm down Skye, she is jumping in since Zari decided to stay home sick."

A familiar voice speaks up, making Skye relax slightly as she sees Evgenia walk out from the backroom. Seeing how Evgenia place a hand on the young woman's shoulder before stepping out behind the receptionist to give Skye a hug. Calming down in the hug, she keeps a watchful eye on the new woman.

"Who is she?"

Skye asks, once Evgenia releases her.

"Oh, she's Zari's niece."

Evgenia explains and Skye looks at the young woman, finally smiling slightly.

"Poor thing."

She says, which makes Evgenia laugh, and Michelle smiles slightly at this.

"So, Zari decided to be sick when I finally decide to come for a visit."

Skye points out, moving from the door and towards the reception, where she jumps up to sit. Seeing the look Evgenia gives her, Skye smiles big before she turns her attention towards Michelle.

"You know, your aunt is a pain in everyone's..."

"Skye!"

Evgenia interrupts before Skye has a chance to finish what she was saying, which makes Michelle laugh this time around.

"See, she already knows this."

Skye adds which makes Evgenia roll her eyes. Smiling, Skye turns her attention back to Michelle once more.

"So, how much do you know?"

She asks, seeing how Michelle's smile disappears.

"I'm not sure what..."

She starts to say, and Skye can see how she turns her attention towards Evgenia.

"She knows the basics at least. So, tell me, what do I owe the pleasure of you coming to visit us today?"

Evgenia asks, turning the conversation around on her, making Skye roll her eyes.

"Well, I was in the neighbourhood, I thought I droop by for a visit."

Skye answer and the look Evgenia gives her this time around, makes Skye roll her eyes.

"Well, what I'm about to tell you, you can either tell Zari or keep it to yourself."

Skye starts to explain, which makes Evgenia look quite interested.

"I presume my sibling have told you what I have been up to recently?"

Skye asks, Evgenia nods her had at this.

"Well, thanks to this work, I was picked up by a team that my mother is part of."

"Wait... you're spending time with Qiaolian?"

Evgenia asks and Skye can see that she doesn't fully believe her in this, which makes Skye smile.

"Yes, we are connecting once more. It's quite nice to be spending time with her once more. I didn't realise how much I have missed her until I was face to face with her once more."

Skye explains, feeling a smile grow. It's the first time that she has actually admit it to anyone. She is quite sure Maria has figured this out before, but it's a different thing to say it out loud. Seeing the warm smile Evgenia gives her, makes Skye smile even more.

"It's actually thanks to her that I am here. We needed to do some shopping and she made sure to put things on the list that can only be brought across the street. The people she sent me with are in there shopping what we need. But, by this time they are probably arguing over what to get."

Skye adds, looking at her watch to make sure how long she has been in the studio.

"Have you spoken to my sister recently?"

"Which one? You have three."

Hearing this, Skye's smile turns into a grin, only Evgenia and Zari would make this comment. Then again, it's only Evgenia, Zari, herself and her siblings that knows the full story behind that comment.

"Ali, I'm planning on taking the things she has left in her locker. I need to start dancing again."

Skye explains, finally jumping down from the receptions desk.

"The things should be there."

She informs which makes Skye nod her head, giving Michelle a wink, Skye heads for the changing room, finding Natasha's locker, she opens it without a problem and starts taking out what she needs. Looking through her own locker she grabs what she needs in there before heading back to the front room. Seeing that Evgenia has taken her jacket, Skye lifts an eyebrow at this.

"We need some lunch."

Evgenia explains her silent question, making Skye shake her head. Knowing what she is doing, she smiles. At least Natasha would be very happy to learn about this. Turning to look at Michelle, Skye can see she's talking to someone on the phone, waving, Michelle waves back before she starts working on the computer.

"Alright, let's move!"

Skye tells Evgenia who moves to open the door. As they step outside, Skye grabs hold of Evgenia who looks at her out of surprise.

"I might as well inform you that you will hear things being said, just play along and call Maria later to get the full story."

Skye tells her in a low voice, she can see worry in Evgenia eyes, the woman nods her head either way. Happy for now, they start to walk once more. Not a single word is being said between them as they enter the store, looking around herself, Skye tries to figure out where Simmons and Fitz are when she hears a faint sound of arguing. Nodding her head towards the direction, she starts to walk, Evgenia following her.

Walking around one of the corners, Skye comes to a stop and shakes her head, seeing how Simmons and Fitz are arguing over what cereal to get. Standing there for a few seconds, listening to them, Skye takes a deep breath before she starts to walk towards them.

"Alright, that's enough!"

She says to her surprise, Simmons and Fitz stops arguing and turns their attention towards her.

"What are you two arguing about now?"

She asks, already having a feeling what it can be.

"We are just trying to figure out which cereals to get."

"And we need to take into count that Ward doesn't like any of the once we pick."

Fitz and Simmons explain, making Skye rolls her eyes, she had been right in her guess then. It always comes down to Ward.

"I saw that list, Ward didn't put down anything that he wants for himself, he only added the things we all eat that is out. Besides, he can't say he didn't know we are doing the shopping round, both May and Coulson informed us all, twice. So, if he wants something he like, he better start writing down exactly what he wants or do the shopping himself."

Skye tells them, crossing her arms in the progress. She can see how Simmons and Fitz eyes grows in surprise at this and beside her, she can hear Evgenia laugh lightly. Turning her head to look at the woman beside her, Skye lifts one eyebrow once more.

"And what are you laughing about?"

"Oh, you sound like your older sibling."

"Which one?"

"Definitely not Francis at least."

Smiling at this, Skye nods her head.

"Sounding like either Ali or Ria, I can live with that."

Turning to look at Simmons and Fitz, Skye rolls her eyes.

"This is Evgenia, she used to be my dance instructor."

She explains, seeing how Simmons and Fitz waves their hands as a hello, Evgenia nods her head.

"Well, I should leave you to it. Make sure you come and say hello more often."

Evgenia tells Skye who nods her head before giving the older woman a hug.

"And make sure to say hello to May for me."

Evgenia whispers in her ear, making Skye nod her head once more. Letting to, Evgenia nods her head once more before walking away. Looking after her for a few seconds, Skye turns her attention back to Simmons and Fitz.

"Except for the cereal problem, do we have everything else?"

She asks and seeing how Simmons nods her head, Skye smiles, leading them towards the check out.

-X-X-X-X-

A few hours later, back on the BUS and with the large plane up in the sky. Skye finds herself moving silently towards the cockpit, opening the door carefully she looks inside to see that Melinda is alone. The older woman turns her head when she hears the door open and smile when she sees that it's Skye. Taking this as a welcome in, Skye enters the cockpit, closing and locking the door behind her to be on the safe side.

"Thank you, for today."

Skye says as she sits down in the cp-pilot seat, Melinda nods her head.

"Evgenia says hi, Zari was home sick. I also managed to take some of the stuff Natasha left behind and a few things left in my locker."

"Good, because we start training at 5 am."

Melinda informs her, making Skye's eyes grow large. She should have seen this coming, both the training and the time. She wants to complain, but knowing it wont help her, she nods her head. At least she will get to spend time with Melinda alone and do Tai Chi beside her. Things are going back to what they once were, and she is here for it all. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

627K 37.2K 113
Wanda and y/n have settled nicely down in the cabin, their lives running smoothly for a good few months. However, when a past villain who is unleashe...
10.2K 286 25
Chloe Fitz has never really fitted in. She was always known as the nerd or the freak. Even when she went to SHIELD academy she never fitted in but, s...
10.4K 293 31
When Coulson informs them that their next O-8-4 mission is going to be along side another secret organisation, Skye knows her life is in danger. Even...
136K 3.5K 50
» Book 1 « » undergoing some editing « The world is constantly evolving and we're just barely beginning to discover what threats lurk in the depths...