𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ➢ ᴅᴇ...

By _devilishEJ_

** COMPLETED ** Cadence "Aurora" Lahey has always been aware of the supernatural world, she just kept her dis... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - OMEGA
Ch. 2 - SHAPE SHIFTED
Ch. 3 - ICE RINK
Ch. 4 - ABOMINATION
Ch. 5 - VENOMOUS
Ch. 6 - FRENEMY
Ch. 7 - RESTRAINT
Ch. 8 - RAVING
Ch. 9 - PARTY GUESSED
Ch. 10 - FURY
Ch. 11 - BATTLEFIELD
Ch. 12 - MASTER PLAN
Intro to Season 3A
Ch. 13 - TATTOO
Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 15 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 16 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 17 - FRAYED
Ch. 18 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 19 - CURRENTS
Ch. 20 - VISIONARY
Ch. 21 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 23 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 25 - ANCHORS
Ch. 26 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD
Ch. 27 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 28 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 29 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 30 - RIDDLED
Ch. 31 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 32 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 34 - DE-VOID
Ch. 35 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 36 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Intro to Season 4
Ch. 37 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 38 - 117
Ch. 39 - MUTED
Ch. 40 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 41 - I.E.D
Ch. 42 - ORPHANED
Ch. 43 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 44 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 45 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 46 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 47 - A PROMISE TO THE DEAD
Ch. 48 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro To Season 5A
Ch. 49 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 50 - PARASOMNIA
Ch. 51 - DREAMCATCHERS
Ch. 53 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 54 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 55 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 56 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 57 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 58 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 59 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 60 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 61 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 62 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 63 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 64 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 65 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 66 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 67 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 68 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 69 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 70 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 71 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 72 - RELICS
Ch. 73 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 74 - GHOSTED
Ch. 75 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 76 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 77 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 78 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 79 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 80 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 81 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 82 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 83 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 84 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 85 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 86 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 87 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 88 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bonus Ch. - TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN

Ch. 52 - CONDITION TERMINAL

1.8K 82 0
By _devilishEJ_

Aurora's outfit:
Station / Hospital / Home -

Highschool / Stewart Household -

•🕯☽☾🔮🖤 •

Chapter Fifty-Two
🎭 Condition Terminal 🎭

Jordan laid on his couch flipping over a queen of hearts card over and over. He flipped it over again but the face changed, instead of it looking like the normal queen of hearts, the queen now looked very similar to Aurora making him stare at it.

It flipped it over again a couple times and the face still looked like Aurora making him think back to a few nights before.

*** "You're going to do a magic trick?" Jordan asked as Aurora messed with a lighter, "No... But you are." She said and Jordan raised his eyebrows. "I only know one trick, and it's with a playing card." He said while nodding to the deck of card they were just playing making her smile and grab a card, "You want me to show you?" He asked and she smirked.

"Let me guess, is it the age old truck of..?" She asked as she made the card disappear through her fingers before making it reappear and he chuckled. "You know card tricks?" He asked and she smiled, "The twins went through a magic phase. Although, it's a lot better with actual magic." She said. She held the card up before making it completely disappear through her fingers.

She smiled at him before pointing at something making him look over to see the card stuck to the wall. Jordan hum slightly and chuckled before looking back at Aurora as she held up the lighter before flicking it on.

"This is sounding less like a magic trick and more like assault." He said and she chuckled and shrugged, "It's can be a little dangerous, sure. But it's nothing like being lit on fire in a Deputy Sheriff's car... Which you walked away from, completely unscathed." She said and he shook his head and smiled.

"Not entirely! I had to pay for the uniform." He said and she laughed and rolled her eyes, "Oh, you poor guy. Give me your hand." She said holding her hand out. He stared at her for a moment before placing his hand on top of her's. "I think I've seen something like this in a movie..." He said as she made him hold his and out with his palm facing down.

"Lawrence of Arabia." Aurora said almost instantly and he nodded slowly as she held the lighter up. "Remind me what the trick was?" He asked and she smiled, "The trick of not minding." She said before flicking the lighter on.

She held it up to were the flame was just touching the hand and after a few seconds he quickly pulled his hand away. "Ow! Son of a-" He said making her scoff lightly, "Oh come on, you can last longer than that. I could even last longer than that." She said and he smiled and shook his head as she leaned forward slightly and grabbed his hand.

"Now, I want you to do something different. Don't think about the flame. Don't think about the heat. Don't think about it burning. Don't even look at it... Look at me and don't think." She said and he stared at her for a moment before nodding, "Okay." He said making her smile as she make him hold his hand out again.

She held the light under his hand before flicking it on and holding it where the flame was touching his hand. She stared at him while he seemed like he was in a trance as he was staring at her. A few seconds later Aurora hissed under her breath, pulling her hand away making hin snap out of it.

"Damn..." She said making his eyes widen, "What? What happened?" He asked and she sighed. "My thumb got too close to the flame." She said looking at her thumb that had a small red mark on it. "Are you okay?" He asked worriedly and she rubbed her finger across the burn, watching as mark disappeared with her finger, "Good as new. What about you?" She asked.

He looked down at his hand and wiped away a black smudge and it was like his hand was never over a flame. "Did it hurt?" She asked and he looked at her and shook his head making her hum softly, "When you were looking at me... Your eyes kind of drifted. What were you thinking about?" She asked.

"A dream." He said and she raised her eyebrows, 'What dream?" She asked. "I've had it here and there for about six months. I'm walking in the woods, carrying a body... But it's completely burned. I can't see who it is or who it was." He said and she nodded slowly, "Where are you taking it?" She asked.

"A clearing. There's a huge tree in the middle of it. You'd think it was a thousand years old... But it's been cut down. It's just a stump." He said and she sighed and nodded, "It's real. It's a real tree in Beacon Hills. It used to be the center of a grove of trees called a Nemeton." She said and he furrowed his brows.

"What's a Nemeton?"

"A sacred meeting place for Celtic Druids. They were scientists and healers thousands of years ago. When Allison, Stiles and Scott sacrificed themselves to find their parents, they woke it back up." She said and he looked at her confused, "I've never seen this place..." He said and she thought for a moment before realization crossed over her features.

"That's why you're here- You said you felt drawn to this place. It drew you here. That's what it does. It's a beacon for supernatural creatures. It might even make them more powerful. What else happens?" She asked and he glanced off in the distance, "I put the body down. I... I lay it down on the rings of the tree, and..."  He trailed off making her raise her eyebrows.

"What?" She asked making him look at her before shaking his head, "...Nothing. That's it. That's the end of the dream." He said and she squinted slightly. "You know, being a mother of two clever kids... I've gotten pretty good at telling when someone is lying." She said making him look at her slightly shocked, "You don't have to tell me. I don't push. We're all allowed to have our secrets." She said. *** 

🎭

Scott, Stiles, Theo and Deaton all ran into the station the first thing they noticed was the smear of blood and then Deputy Clarke helping Stilinski up. Scott rushed over to help while Stiles followed the blood to find Aurora, Kira and Lydia.

Stiles froze as his eyes landed on Lydia while Theo noticed and ran over, started to take his belt off but Aurora shook her head. "If you're aiming to make a tourniquet, don't. That's only for limp. I need a cloth. Like a towel or a shirt." Aurora said and Theo nodded slightly. "I think I have an extra shirt in my truck." He said, "Go get it." She said and he quickly got up and ran outside.

"Stiles. Stiles. Stiles, come on." Scott said tried to get Stiles's attention but he just kept his eyes on Lydia. "Stiles, I'm fine. Help Tracy. Find Tracy. Go!" Lydia said and Stiles hesitated, staring at her with slightly glossy eyes. Theo ran past him and got down next to Aurora, handing her a shirt which she quickly took and pressed it down on Lydia's side making her wince slightly. "Press it here, tightly." Aurora said before letting Theo take over.

"Stiles." Aurora said making him look at her and she nodded, "She's okay." She said and he blinked rapidly before nodding slightly as he took a deep and following Scott.

Aurora closed her eyes for a moment before looking down at Lydia who was wincing in pain. Aurora grabbed Lydia's hand making Lydia tightly grip onto her as Aurora's necklace glowed. "Accipere dolorem suum." She whispered lowly making black veins trail from Lydia's hand to her's as Lydia sighed softly

"You'll be okay." Aurora said in a slight whisper as she squeezed Lydia's hand.

🎭

"Stiles." Melissa said as she walked up to them making them turn around, "How bad is it?" Stiles asked. "Could have been worse. Aurora, Theo nice going with the shirt. You guys probably saved her life." Melissa said making Stiles look over at Theo while Aurora nodded slightly.

"All right. She's about to go into surgery, so it's going to be a while. Any other supernatural details that I need to know about, or do we just stitch her up and hope for the best?" Melissa asked, glancing at everyone. "It was the tail." Kira said making Melissa look over at her and Scott nodded, "Yeah, Tracy cut her with the tail, if thar makes a difference." He said and Melissa nodded before walking off.

"But it wasn't just Tracy. There were the others- the guys in the masks." Malia said making Aurora look at her confused, "Men in masks?" She asked.

🎭

"Hey." Leah said as she opened the door for Aurora, "What happened?" She asked once she noticed Aurora's bloody hands. "Tracy happened. Cut Lydia pretty deep with her tail." Aurora said making Leah furrow her brows, "Tail?" She asked and Aurora nodded. "Yep, kanima." Aurora said as Leah turned the faucet on in the kitchen, "Kanima? You mean like Jackson?"

"Yeah, no idea who bit her. But we did figure out that all her killings were unintentional. She was asleep, having one massive night terror." Aurora said making Leah's eyes widen slightly, "That's... something." Leah said and Aurora nodded.

"Tell me about it..."

🎭

"Did you get in to see Lydia?" Scott asked as Stiles, Aurora and Malia ran over to him in the library during lunch. "She's still in the ICU, and no one outside family is allowed in except an officer. I got Jordan to be that officer and he's been texting me updates. She's okay." Aurora said and Scott nodded as Malia set the bestiary on the table. 

"Anything in here about half werewolves, half-Kanimas?" Kira asked as she started flipping through pages, "The Chimera." Scott said making Stiles look at him confused. "Uh, what?" He asked and Scott looked up at him, "Chimera. It's a creature made of incongruous parts." Scott said and Aurora nodded in agreement looking at him impressed. "You learn that in AP Bio?" She asked and he nodded, "Yeah and if Liam said he found two burial sites, it means Tracy's not the only one." 

"Who's the second Chimera?" Kira asked, glancing at them all of them, "And why would they bury them?" Stiles asked. "Deaton thinks it's part of their process." Scott said and Malia nodded slightly, "The people in masks." She said.

🎭

"Aurora!" Someone called out as Aurora was walking out of her class after finishing up grading some papers. She turned around to see Malia walking over to her, "Can you drive me to Tracy's house?" Malia asked as they started walking outside, "You want to go to Tracy's house?" She asked.

"I want to see of theres anything else there." Malia said and Aurora nodded slightly as they walked up to her car, "Yeah, you can drive." Aurora said holding up her keys and Malia cock an eyebrow slightly. "You want me to drive?" She asked and Aurora nodded, "You need the practice." She said and Malia slowly took the keys.

A little while later, they walked into Tracy's room and Malia sat down on the bed while Aurora looked around. Malia stood up making Aurora look over to see Malia looking at the drawings on the walls. "I don't have to tell you that it's not your fault?" Aurora asked as she walked up to Malia making Malia look at her with glossy eyes.

"You tried to save her, you did the best you could. Dispite what Scott likes to think, we can't save everyone. We can only try out best." Aurora said and Malia sucked in a shaky breath and nodded slightly before something caught her eye. She walked over to the desk and picked up a book that had a note on it.

"Here's the book you asked for. Cheesy stuff, but still a fun, scary read."

Malia pulled off the note before gasping slightly, "Aurora." She said making Aurora walk over to her. "This is them. These are the men in the masks." Malia said showing Aurora the book, "The Dread Doctors... Interesting." She mumbled slightly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

766K 20.5K 103
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 Riley Winters knew noth...
348K 12.3K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...
460K 15K 109
When Jordan Parrish was drawn to the small town of Beacon Hills, he never expected to find the existence of the supernatural there. He never intended...