𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ➢ ᴅᴇ...

By _devilishEJ_

** COMPLETED ** Cadence "Aurora" Lahey has always been aware of the supernatural world, she just kept her dis... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - OMEGA
Ch. 2 - SHAPE SHIFTED
Ch. 3 - ICE RINK
Ch. 4 - ABOMINATION
Ch. 5 - VENOMOUS
Ch. 6 - FRENEMY
Ch. 7 - RESTRAINT
Ch. 8 - RAVING
Ch. 9 - PARTY GUESSED
Ch. 10 - FURY
Ch. 11 - BATTLEFIELD
Ch. 12 - MASTER PLAN
Intro to Season 3A
Ch. 13 - TATTOO
Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 15 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 16 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 17 - FRAYED
Ch. 18 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 19 - CURRENTS
Ch. 20 - VISIONARY
Ch. 21 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 23 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 25 - ANCHORS
Ch. 26 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD
Ch. 27 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 28 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 29 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 30 - RIDDLED
Ch. 31 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 32 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 34 - DE-VOID
Ch. 35 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 36 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Intro to Season 4
Ch. 37 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 38 - 117
Ch. 39 - MUTED
Ch. 40 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 41 - I.E.D
Ch. 42 - ORPHANED
Ch. 43 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 44 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 45 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 46 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 47 - A PROMISE TO THE DEAD
Ch. 48 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro To Season 5A
Ch. 50 - PARASOMNIA
Ch. 51 - DREAMCATCHERS
Ch. 52 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 53 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 54 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 55 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 56 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 57 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 58 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 59 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 60 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 61 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 62 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 63 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 64 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 65 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 66 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 67 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 68 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 69 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 70 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 71 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 72 - RELICS
Ch. 73 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 74 - GHOSTED
Ch. 75 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 76 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 77 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 78 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 79 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 80 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 81 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 82 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 83 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 84 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 85 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 86 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 87 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 88 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bonus Ch. - TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN

Ch. 49 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

2.4K 89 7
By _devilishEJ_

Aurora's outfit:

•🕯🔮🖤 •

Chapter Forty-Nine
🎭 Creatures Of The Night 🎭

Aurora walked out of one of the offices behind a client after talking with a Deputy. "Yes, ma'am, we're having trouble with the power as well. It's most likely related to the storm." Jordan said making Aurora look over at him to see him on that phone, which was almost constantly ringing.

A few seconds later he out the phone down and glanced up to see Aurora walking over to him. "What are you doing here?" He asked and she smiled, "Had a client then I saw you, behind a desk answering phone calls and not out where you should be." She said as she glanced around. He sighed softly and was about to say something when Stilinski spoke up first.

"Parrish! Check the back-up generator and make sure it's fueled! And Parrish? Answer the phone!" Stilinski said before walking into his office making Aurora look at Jordan, "He still isn't letting you do anything that's not behind a desk?" She asked and Jordan sighed and shook his head. "We're going on six months now." He said and she nodded slowly, "I'll be right back." Aurora said before walking over to Stilinski's office.

She walked into the office making Stilinski look up as she sat down, "Was there a problem with your client?" Stilinski asked. "No, but I have a problem with you." Aurora said making Stilinski sigh and raise his eyebrows, "What did I do now?" He asked.

"For the last six months, I've lost count at how many times I've drove past Jordan directing traffic. I've seen him many times at the courthouse doing security and everytime I'm here he as about a foot tall stack of paper work or as answering phone calls." Aurora said before raising her eyebrows. "He's your best deputy, not a security guard and he might as well work at an office with how much desk work he has to do." Aurora said and Stilinski sighed.

"Aurora, I have reasons for why he's just doing light work." He said and she raised her eyebrows, "May I ask what is the reason?" She asked. "None of us know what he is, but he is something. It's better to be safe and have him behind a desk then be out on the field and what ever he is losing control." He said and she hummed and nodded slightly as she sat back, crossing a leg over the other.

"Sounds to me like discrimination in the workplace. Doesn't sound very legal to me..." Aurora said making Stilinski raise his eyebrows, "Are you gonna blackmail me into giving him work?" He asked and she smiled and shrugged slightly. "I might." She said making him sigh, "Okay, Fine, theres something he can do that's not desk work." He said before sifting through a couple files.

He handed her the files and she read it before looking at him with a bored expression, "Really?" She asked, "Its the best I got right now." He said and she sighed. "Definitely gonna have to have a talk with you later." She said, pointing at him before walking out the office.

"Good new, I got you out of desk work. Bad new, this is the best I could get you." She said, handing Jordan the file and he read it over, "A noise complaint?" He asked and she shrugged. "Would you rather sit behind a desk all night?" She ask and he sighed and stood up, "Do you want to come with me?" He asked she raised her eyebrows.

"After the meeting I just had? I could use a little action." She said before grabbing his keys off the desk and walking away. He chuckled quietly, watching her walk away before grabbing his things and following her.

🎭

Jordan and Aurora pulled up to the house and stared at the dark ominous house for a moment. "If I told you to stay here would you actually listen?" Jordan asked and Aurora pursed her lips as she stared at the house. "Normally I would be walking in before you but I've seen horror movies. And that house is a horror movie waiting to happen." She said before looking at him, "I'll sit this one out." Aurora said he quietly sighed in relief as she raised her eyebrows.

"But if you scream, I'll either leave you for bead or do a couple spells." She said making him chuckle, "I'd hope so." He said before getting out and walking towards the house. She watched as he slowly walked up the steps of the porch before slowly pushing the front door open.

He glanced back at the truck to see her watching and giving him an encouraging smile before he slowly stepped in, shining his flashlight around. "Hello?" He called out, the house looked completely vacant, "This is the Beacon County Sheriff's Department." He called out again.

A few seconds later he stared walking down the stairs of the basement with his gun drawn, shining the flashlight around. A thud coming from the other side of the basement made Jordan spin around, shining the flashlight at a brick wall. "Hello!" Jordan called out and then there was a couple thuds coming from behind the wall.

He slowly walked up to the wall and leaned in closer to hear better when another thud came from behind it. "Hey! Hey, can you hear me?" Jordan yelled and got answered but a couple more thuds, "Okay, okay, I'm going to get you out of there. I'm coming right back. Just hang on." He said before running back up the stairs.

Aurora looked up from her phone to see Jordan quickly running back outside making her roll down the window. "What's happening?" She asked as he opened the metal box in the back of the truck, "Someone's trapped behind a wall." He said quickly making her furrow her brows. "What? I thought this was just a noise complaint." She said and he sighed and nodded, "So did I. Stay out here." He said before running back inside.

Aurora watch him run into the house before sighing and leaning back into her seat. She glanced around for a moment before pursing her lips slightly and slowly rolling the window back up.

A few minutes later her necklace started to glow making her quickly grab it but instead of seeing a vision she subconsciously looked over at the house as the front door opened. Someone was walked, but it wasnt Jordan, it was a man covered in some black goo. Aurora quickly sunk down in her seat, trying to stay out of view as the man walked past the truck.

She watched though the side door mirror until the man was far enough away before quickly throwing the car door open and running inside. "Jordan!" Aurora called out but got no answer as she quickly pulled out her phone, dialing Stilinski's number.

"Aurora?"

"Yeah, I need you to get to the house that the noise complaint came from." She said, "Why? What's wrong?" He asked as she glanced around the house. "Something wrong with Jordan." She said and then heard the distant sound of groaning coming from the basement making her hang up. "Jordan?" She called out before she found the door to the basement.

She quickly ran down the stairs, and saw Jordan weakly lifting himself up to lean against a shelve. Her eyes winded when she saw the long, deep claw marks in his chest before she ran over to him. "Aurora?" He asked weakly as he seemed to be slowly loosing consciousness while Aurora got down next to him.

"Hey, stay with me." She said as she gently cupped his face while his eyes fluttered, "Jordan, look at me." She said making him look at her. "Stay with me." She said in a slight whisper and he just stared at her as she lightly traced his jaw with her thumb.

"Aurora! Parrish!" Stilinski called out after a couple minutes, "We're down here!" She called back and a few seconds later he ran down stairs. Aurora looked back at Jordan to see his eyes closing and his head falling back, "Hey, Jordan? Jordan!"

🎭

"Okay, okay, easy, easy..." Stilinski said as he and Aurora laid Jordan on a metal table in the morgue of the hospital, "You said you were gonna keep him on desk duty." Melissa said making Aurora look at them in exasperation. "It was just a minor noise complaint." He said and Aurora sighed and roll her eyes slightly.

"He's not on fire, is he?" Melissa asked as they looked at the smoke coming from the claw marks, "I don't think so..." Aurora said and Melissa shook her head slightly. "You know, maybe it's part of his healing process?" Melissa asked and all of the sudden Jordan shot up, eyes glowing a bright fiery orange.

Stilinski held his gun up making Aurora's eyes widen, "Stop!" She hissed while pushing his arm down. She stood in front of Stilinski and Melissa making Jordan look at her and she just held her hand out slightly as she stepped towards him. "Jordan?" Aurora asked, slowly grabbing his arm making him break out of whatever trance he was in.

He looked down at his partly healed, bloody chest before looking up at then with wide eyes. "Scott. We need to find Scott." He said making Aurora furrow her brows, "What happened?" She asked. "The guy that attacked me... He came out of a wall and his claws were different- twice the size of Scott's, more like talons." Jordan explained making Aurora glance back at Melissa and Stilinski, "If that's the worst part, that doesn't sound too bad..." Melissa said and Jordan shook his head.

"It's worse. They did something to me. I don't know how to describe it, other than it felt as if the life was being drawn out of me, through them. Through the claws." Jordan said making Aurora look at him worriedly while Melissa raised her eyebrows, "And now he's looking for Scott?" Melissa asked and Jordan nodded.

"Which got me thinking about what this guy can do. The rule is you have to kill an Alpha to steal their power, right?" He asked and Aurora shook her head, "It's different for Scott. You can't steal a True Alpha's power." She said making Jordan look at her. "I think this guy can." He said and she sighed softly before nodding and pulling how her phone, "I'll call Scott." She said before walking out the morgue.

Almost instantly she noticed Liam leaning against the wall making her sigh softly. "Go." She said and he nodded before running off. She tried to call Scott but after a few rings it just went to voice mail making her sigh. A couple seconds later Jordan walked out making her turn to him, "Did you get him?" He asked and she sighed. "He's not answering but Liam was listening to us. He'll probably be able to get there before I can get a hold of anyone." She said and he nodded.

She glanced down at his bare, bloody chest for a moment before looking away while awkwardly clearing her throat. "We should probably get cleaned up." She said making him glance down at himself before nodded, "Yeah, that would be a good idea." He said and she chuckled.

💰

"Sit." Aurora said, pointing at the arm of her couch after she and Jordan walked in, "You didnt have to bring me here." He said as he sat down on the arm. "I still need to heal you." Aurora said as she moved to stand in front of him making him furrow his brows, "I thought I was." He said and she nodded.

"On the surface." She said before poking his chest making him groan slightly, "The wounds run too deep, you may look completely healed but your not." She said. Jordan watched as she pressed her hand to his chest before her necklace started to glow. "Sana haec vulnera." She whispered lowly then pulled her hand back once her necklace stopped glowing. "There." She said as she poke his chest, "All healed." She said.

"Thanks." He said and she smiled at him before squinting slightly, "You're supposed to be asleep." Aurora said as she turned around slightly. Maeve and Ronan were peaking around the corner at them, "We heard you come home." Maeve said and Aurora hummed and nodded slightly. "Didn't we have a talk about if you hear me come home, don't come out, I'll go to you?" Aurora asked but the twins ignored her as they looked at Jordan.

"Is he hurt?" Ronan asked and Jordan shook his head, "I'm fine now." He said and Maeve raised her eyebrows. "Do you fight bad guys with our mom too?" Maeve asked making Aurora and Jordan glance at each other before Aurora shrugged slightly, "Technically he fights bad guys more than I do." She said making the twins smile.

"Cool." Ronan said and Aurora chuckled before glancing at Jordan, "I'll be right back." She said and he nodded before she started walking towards the twins. "Room." She said making them quickly run back to their room as she followed them.

After getting the twins back to bed, Aurora walked into her room to grab a couple things before Leah quietly snuck in. "Are my eyes deceiving me or did you just bring a guy home?" Leah asked making Aurora glance at her with raised eyebrows, "It's not that big of a deal." She said making Leah look at her crazy.

"Of course it's a big deal. It's a huge deal. You're finally moving on from Derek. Although I was rooting for you to get a girlfriend since you haven't had one since you and I briefly dated in freshman year of college." Leah said making Aurora give her a look. "Jordan is a friend, not a rebound." Aurora said and Leah rolled her eyes, "I didn't mean a rebound, I ment a potential boyfriend." She said before raising her eyebrows.

"It's been six months since Derek left, you can move on." Leah said and Aurora raised her eyebrows, "I moved on months ago." She said and Leah hummed sarcastically. "Yeah, you keep telling yourself that." Leah said and Aurora gave her a look before she pulled out some clothes and walked away.

Jordan looked up as Aurora walked back over to him before holding out some clothes. "You can take a take a shower here if you want. I still got some of Derek's clothes that should probably fit you. Or I can just take you home and you can shower there." Aurora said and he raised his eyebrows.

"You don't mind me wearing those?" He asked making her chuckle, "I wouldn't be offering if I minded. It's either these or Leah's ex boyfriend from a year ego's clothes that she's too petty to give back." She said and Jordan chuckled. "These are fine." He said while grabbing the clothes making her nod, "Thought so."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

766K 21.5K 79
**COMPLETED** One night, walking through the woods, Scott McCall got bit by something that changed his life. Forcing him to dive in head first into t...
516K 21.1K 121
** COMPLETED ** It's been years since the fire that killed most of her family, but Amara Hale has been able to move on as much as she can. But it see...
258K 9K 67
** COMPLETED ** Transferring to Beacon Hills High from Davenford Prep, Avalon Dunbar knew life wasn't gonna be the same. But she never expected her l...
22.6K 376 13
[𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎✐] 𝄞𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ 𓈈⭒♬ ゚. ❝♫𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺...