𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ➢ ᴅᴇ...

By _devilishEJ_

** COMPLETED ** Cadence "Aurora" Lahey has always been aware of the supernatural world, she just kept her dis... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - OMEGA
Ch. 2 - SHAPE SHIFTED
Ch. 3 - ICE RINK
Ch. 4 - ABOMINATION
Ch. 5 - VENOMOUS
Ch. 6 - FRENEMY
Ch. 7 - RESTRAINT
Ch. 8 - RAVING
Ch. 9 - PARTY GUESSED
Ch. 10 - FURY
Ch. 11 - BATTLEFIELD
Ch. 12 - MASTER PLAN
Intro to Season 3A
Ch. 13 - TATTOO
Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 15 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 16 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 17 - FRAYED
Ch. 18 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 19 - CURRENTS
Ch. 20 - VISIONARY
Ch. 21 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 23 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 25 - ANCHORS
Ch. 26 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD
Ch. 27 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 28 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 29 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 30 - RIDDLED
Ch. 31 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 32 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 34 - DE-VOID
Ch. 35 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 36 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Intro to Season 4
Ch. 37 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 38 - 117
Ch. 39 - MUTED
Ch. 40 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 41 - I.E.D
Ch. 42 - ORPHANED
Ch. 43 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 44 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 46 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 47 - A PROMISE TO THE DEAD
Ch. 48 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro To Season 5A
Ch. 49 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 50 - PARASOMNIA
Ch. 51 - DREAMCATCHERS
Ch. 52 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 53 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 54 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 55 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 56 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 57 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 58 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 59 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 60 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 61 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 62 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 63 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 64 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 65 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 66 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 67 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 68 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 69 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 70 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 71 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 72 - RELICS
Ch. 73 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 74 - GHOSTED
Ch. 75 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 76 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 77 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 78 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 79 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 80 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 81 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 82 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 83 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 84 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 85 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 86 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 87 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 88 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bonus Ch. - TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN

Ch. 45 - PERISHABLE

2.2K 82 1
By _devilishEJ_

Aurora's outfit:
Loft -

Home / Highschool -

•🕯🔮🖤 •

Chapter Forty-Five
💰 Perishable 💰

"He covered you in gasoline?" Aurora asked, rising her eyebrows as Derek looked at Jordan's hands with a conflicted look, "It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead." Lydia said and Derek nodded. "They should be gone." Derek said and Jordan looked at him crazy, "I was set on fire! All of me should be gone."

"Not if you're like us." Scott said making Jordan look at him confused, "Like you?" He asked. "I don't think he's like any of us." Aurora said shaking her head and Scott sighed, "Then what is he?" He asked looking over at Derek and Aurora who both who shrugged.

"Sorry, but we have no idea."

"But you guys knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott said and Derek sighed, "This is a little out of my experience." Derek said. "The only person I know whose been able to survive being set on fire is Peter. And the first time he got put into a coma for six years, he didn't walk away completely untouched. There's probably something in the bestiary- did you try Argent?" Aurora said and Scott sighed and shook his head, "I don't know where he is."

"Okay, hold on- what's a bestiary Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia or Aurora?" Jordan asked making them look at him confused, "Are you all psychic?" Jordan asked making Derek look at him crazy while Aurora hummed slightly.

"Wasn't aware that I'm now psychic." Aurora mumbled as she and Derek glanced at each other, "Not exactly." Derek said. "Okay then what are you?" He asked and they all looked at Scott and nodded. He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them to reveal his ruby-red eyes.

💰

"What's a Kanima?" Jordan asked sitting on the couch making Scott sigh softly, "We'll get back to that. Just know that everyone like us- everyone with some kind of supernatural ability, is on the Deadpool." Scott explained, while sitting down on the arm of the couch.

"But I don't even know what I am."

"I'm pretty sure they don't care." Derek said making Jordan look over at him, "How many professional assassins are we talking about?" Jordan asked and Lydia sighed. "We're starting to lose count."

"But is it still just professionals?" Scott asked and Jordan slightly shook his head, "I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Jordan said looking at each of them making Aurora sigh and run a hand through her hair. "That means anyone with the Deadpool could take a chance." She said glancing at all of them.

"But if Haigh had it, then who else does? How easy is it to get this thing now?"

💰

"Meredith was only at my grandmother's lakehouse once... But I think once was enough." Lydia said as she sat down on the bed. "How did your grandmother know her?" Derek asked and Lydia looked at him and shook her head.

"She didn't. She found her. Because of another woman named Maddy." She said, standing up to hand Aurora a picture of two women, which Aurora showed Derek. "The woman she loved." She continued, standing up to hand the picture to Scott. "I never met her, but I saw her name everywhere. She used to be part of a yacht racing team. There were plaques and trophies in the lake house from all the regattas she'd won."

"How did she die?" Jordan asked.

"How's not the story... It's what happened right before. My grandmother, Lorraine, used to work in San Francisco for IBM." She explained then started to walk back and forth. "She was there on a weekend, catching up on work. She started hearing this sound, like rain. But, when she looked out the windows.. All she saw was blue sky."

"But she kept hearing the rain?" Scott asked and Lydia nodded slightly, "And it just kept getting louder. Rain and thunder, cracking like gunshots in her head... so loud, she finally just... screamed."

"Like a Banshee." Aurora said and Lydia nodded. "She called Maddy, who was planning on taking one of the boats out on the lake... But Maddy said that the sun was shining there, too... So, Lorraine didn't say anything." Lydia said and Jordan raised his eyebrows slightly, "There was an accident?" He asked asked and Lydia nodded.

"It took them four days to find Maddy's body... and then it took decades to figure out how Lorraine knew. She started with parapsychologists- like the Ph.D in their name made it more scientific. They built the study in the lake house according to every pseudoscientific theory they could find. None of it worked. So then, she started going to more extreme occult- things like mediums and psychics, all of them failures... Until she found Meredith. They found her in Eichen House... this fragile girl who didn't understand the things she heard. They brought her to the study... and they almost killed her. She was hospitalized for over a year. She... never really recovered."

"My grandmother drove her insane. I drove her to suicide. And all she ever wanted to do was help. My grandmother created the code for the Deadpool. They think she's the Banshee who put the names out in the first place. She left me this message in the same code." Lydia said sliding over a piece if paper.

"But she didn't leave a cipher key, did she?" Scott asked and Lydia sighed and shook her head.

💰

"Careful with that." Derek said as Scott picked up a gun from the bed, "I thought you didn't like guns?" Scott asked handing the gun over to Derek as Aurora walked over to them. "Does this have something to do with your eyes?" Scott asked and Derek sighed and glanced at Aurora, "My eyes, my strength, the healing... All of it." He said.

"Gone?"

"Whatever Kate did to me, it's still happening." Derek said as Aurora grabbed his hand. "If the Deadpool really was made by a Banshee, then there's something else that you should know about... Your name broke the third list. It was a cipher key." Scott said and Derek and Aurora looked at each other for a moment before Derek sighed softly, wrapping his arm around her shoulders

"And the two other keys were Allison and Aiden." He said and Scott sighed, "It kind of feels like there might be a pattern there, doesn't it? Allison, Aiden... you." Scott said. "Names picked by a banshee." Aurora said in a slight whisper and Derek held her tighter, "It... It could mean that you're in danger." Scott said and Derek smiled grimly at him.

"Banshees don't predict danger, Scott- they predict death."

💰

Aurora and Derek were sitting on the ground in Aurora's livingroom with the twins. Derek had his arm around Aurora as they and the twins played a broad game, though Aurora was only half focused on everything.

"You're distracted." Derek whispered making Aurora look at him before sighing and shaking her head slightly, "You're too calm." She said and Derek sighed and glanced at the twin. "Your name broke a third of the list, a list that has had multiple Banshees involved. Derek, you're set to die and you're playing Candy Land." She said and Derek shook his head.

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked and she shrugged slightly, "I don't know... Leave Beacon Hills until we end the deadpool? Anything." She said and he grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers. "People can't just avoid death that's was predicted by a Banshee." Derek said and Aurora shook her head slightly.

"It's too soon." She said and he kissed her forehead before pressing their foreheads together making her close her eyes. "Derek, it's your turn." Maeve said impatiently making them look at her and Ronan, "Sorry." Derek chuckled as he leaned forward to take his turn.

Aurora watched him with a small smile until he leaned back and look at her. They stared at each other for a moment until Ronan suddenly shot up with his hands in the air. "I win!" He yelled excitedly while Maeve pouted slightly making Aurora chuckle as she leaned forward to clean everything up.

The door opened making them all look over to see Leah and Braeden walk in. "Hey! You played Candy Land without me!? Who won?" Leah asked when she noticed Aurora picking up all the pieces. "I did!" Ronan said as he excitedly stood up and Braeden held her hand out for a fist bump.

Aurora and Derek book stood up before Derek grabbed the board game box from her to put it up. As he started to walk away, Aurora's phone started ringing making her pull it out to see Liam calling her. She furrowed her brows slightly, glancing at Derek, Leah and Braeden before. "Liam?" She asked when she answered while putting it on speaker, "Miss. A! I'm Mason, I'm Liam's friend. I didn't know who else to call." Mason said.

"Is everything okay? Where's Liam?" Aurora asked, "I don't know. We're at the bonfire at the school. Him, Malia and Scott got really drunk even though Scott said he didn't drink anything. A couple security guards took them away." Mason said making the adult all glance at each other. "Did Scott say anything else before the security guards take them?" Aurora asked, "Yeah, he said something shout having to turn off the music. I- I don't know why." Mason said and Aurora focus on the music in the background for a moment

Her necklace started to glow making her grab it before feeling a slight buzzing sensation, as if she was drunk. "Okay. Mason, listen. I'm gonna need you to turn that music off as quick as possible." Aurora said as Braeden was already walking over to grab a gun she had hidden in the house. "Why?" Mason asked and Aurora sighed, "I can't explain it right now, but trust me alright. Go now." She said before hanging up.

"We gotta go." Aurora said as Braeden tossed Derek a gun, "Already on it." She said. "Are you guys going to go fight bad guys?" Maeve asked as Aurora leaned down to kiss her and Ronan's head, "Yep." Aurora said. "Awesome." Ronan mumbled as Aurora, Derek and Braeden quickly walked out.

💰

A security guard dropped Scott against some lockers next to Malia and Liam, all three of then completely if not mostly out of it. "What is that? What are you doing?" Scott asked, looking down at a red container the main security guard held.

"It's gasoline. Haigh says we gotta burn you." The man said before dumping the gasoline all over them. Scott tried to get up but the man pushed home back down before crouched down in front of him. He smiled before holding up a lighter and flicking it on.

The music suddenly stopped and Scott's eyes glowed bright red as his dizziness started to clear away. He quickly grabbed the man's hand, closing the lighter before twisting the man's wrist. All of the sudden, Braeden walked out, slamming the end of her gun down on the man's head. Derek and Aurora followed her out into the hallway as three security guards can running down the hall.

Derek pushed one guy back before punching another guy in the face before slamming him into the locker. Aurora held her hand out in front of the guy that Derek pushed. She flicked her hand out to the side slightly making him slam his head against the lockers, knocking him out at the time time that Braeden and Derek knocked the other two out.

"What happened to the gun?" Scott asked making Derek scoff, "You're covered in gasoline." He said and Scott slowly nodded his head. "Oh, yeah..." He said before Derek held his hand out to help him up while Aurora quickly moved over to Malia and Liam.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516K 21.1K 121
** COMPLETED ** It's been years since the fire that killed most of her family, but Amara Hale has been able to move on as much as she can. But it see...
33.3K 913 46
"Look, I get it. You probably think I'm a total weirdo now. Just please, don't tell anyone. Including Scott." Stiles moved to sit next to her and gra...
4K 141 11
[ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 2 ] "If someone helps her kill them no matter who they are, kill them. We need her, she is an argent and she is the last one of them, exc...
253K 7.7K 45
** COMPLETED ** Ivory Lahey was bitten in sophomore year along side her brother, except she isn't exactly the same as him. But when he stayed in Fran...