𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ➢ ᴅᴇ...

By _devilishEJ_

** COMPLETED ** Cadence "Aurora" Lahey has always been aware of the supernatural world, she just kept her dis... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - OMEGA
Ch. 2 - SHAPE SHIFTED
Ch. 3 - ICE RINK
Ch. 4 - ABOMINATION
Ch. 5 - VENOMOUS
Ch. 6 - FRENEMY
Ch. 7 - RESTRAINT
Ch. 8 - RAVING
Ch. 9 - PARTY GUESSED
Ch. 10 - FURY
Ch. 11 - BATTLEFIELD
Ch. 12 - MASTER PLAN
Intro to Season 3A
Ch. 13 - TATTOO
Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 15 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 16 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 17 - FRAYED
Ch. 18 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 19 - CURRENTS
Ch. 20 - VISIONARY
Ch. 21 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 23 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 25 - ANCHORS
Ch. 26 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD
Ch. 27 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 28 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 29 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 31 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 32 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 34 - DE-VOID
Ch. 35 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 36 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Intro to Season 4
Ch. 37 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 38 - 117
Ch. 39 - MUTED
Ch. 40 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 41 - I.E.D
Ch. 42 - ORPHANED
Ch. 43 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 44 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 45 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 46 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 47 - A PROMISE TO THE DEAD
Ch. 48 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro To Season 5A
Ch. 49 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 50 - PARASOMNIA
Ch. 51 - DREAMCATCHERS
Ch. 52 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 53 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 54 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 55 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 56 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 57 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 58 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 59 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 60 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 61 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 62 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 63 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 64 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 65 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 66 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 67 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 68 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 69 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 70 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 71 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 72 - RELICS
Ch. 73 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 74 - GHOSTED
Ch. 75 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 76 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 77 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 78 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 79 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 80 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 81 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 82 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 83 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 84 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 85 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 86 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 87 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 88 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bonus Ch. - TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN

Ch. 30 - RIDDLED

2.4K 99 5
By _devilishEJ_

Aurora's outfit:
Hospital / Stiles' House / Station / Hospital -

School / Electrical Substation / Hospital -

•🕯🔮🖤 •

Chapter Thirty
🦊 Riddled 🦊

"Aurora!" Isaac yelled as he started getting dressed after getting off the phone with Scott. "What's wrong?" Aurora asked as she walked into Isaac's room, "I need you to drive me to Scott's." Isaac said making Aurora furrow her brows. "It's midnight. What's going on?" Aurora said and Isaac nodded, "I know, but Scott called. Something's wrong with Stiles." He said making Aurora wake up more.

"What's wrong with Stiles?" Aurora asked and Isaac shook his head, "I have no idea but I need to get to Scott's." Isaac said. "I'll go change, you go tell Leah." Aurora said and Isaac nodded.

A few minutes later, Aurora and Isaac walked into Scott's house as he walked down the stairs. "Okay, let's go." Scott said and they were about to walk out but Scott's phone started ringing making him pull it out to see Stiles calling him.

"Stiles?" He asked after he instantly answered and put Stiles on speaker, "Did you call him? Did you call my dad?" Stiles asked making him sigh. "No, just Aurora and Isaac. We're coming to find you. Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something and tell us where to look." Scott said as he glanced up at Aurora and Isaac.

"It's a basement... I think-I think I'm in some kind of basement..." Stiles said still breathing heavily, "In a house?" Aurora asked. "No, it looks bigger- like, industrial. I think there's a furnace. But it's cold. It's freezing down here. I gotta turn the-I gotta turn the phone off, Scott, It's going to die." Stiles said making Scott's eyes widen.

"Wait, wait, wait! What else is there? What do you see?" Scott said trying to get more clues as to where he could be. "The phone's dying. I can't talk. I have to go. Please..." Stiles whispered shakily. "Stiles... Why are you whispering?" Scott asked worriedly.

"Because I think there's someone in here with me..." Stiles whispered making Scott look up at Aurora and Isaac wide eyed.

🦊

Aurora, Scott and Isaac ran into Stiles's bedroom to see Lydia and Aiden standing there, "How did you know? Did he call you, too?" Scott asked and Lydia shook her head. "I heard it." Lydia said and Aiden shook his head slightly, "Don't ask- it gets more confusing when you ask." He said and Lydia sighed.

"Not as confusing as this." She said and they moved over to show Stiles's bed where red yarn tied to a pair of scissors that had been stabbed into the bed. Each sting connected to a picture on the walls. "He uses red for unsolved cases..." Lydia said, looking back at everyone. "Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Aiden suggested, "Or is an unsolved case?" Isaac said as he glanced around.

"Hold on- is he still out there? You don't know where he is?" Lydia asked making Aurora, Scott and Isaac glance at each other. "He said that he was in an industrial basement somewhere." Scott said and Isaac nodded, "We came here to get a better scent."

"What else did he say?" Lydia asked and they looked over at Scott who sighed, "Something's wrong with his leg- it's bleeding." He said and Aurora nodded. "And he's freezing." She said, "Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the twenties." Aiden said and Aurora nodded.

"What did his dad say?" Lydia asked making them glance at each other again, "We kind of... We didn't tell him yet." Scott said making Lydia's eyes widen. "Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call his dad?" She asked incredulously.

"He made me promise not too. We can find him by scent. If he was sleepwalking, he couldn't have gotten far, right?" Scott said and Aurora sighed. "You didn't notice that his jeep is gone did you?" She asked and he sighed and looked down.

"Scott, there's only so much we can do. We have to tell Stilinski, I don't have the best feeling about all of this, Scott." Aurora said and Lydia started to pull out her phone. "Wait, guys! Hold on- I can get more help. I can call Derek, Allison-" Scott tried to stop Lydia making her scoff.

"Everyone except for the cops. Great idea!" Lydia said, "You guys remember they only get these feelings when someone's about to die, right?" Aiden said and Aurora nodded in agreement making Scott sigh.

"Lydia you don't have to call his dad. It's five minutes to the station." He said and they all nodded. Scott, Isaac, Aurora and Aiden went to leave but Lydia grabbed Aiden's arm, "We'll catch up." She said making Aurora furrow her brows, "What? Why?" She asked.

"There's something here..." Lydia said and Isaac nodded, "Yeah, evidence of total insanity." Isaac said and then hissed in pain when his sister hit the back of his head and shot him a look. "We can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him from freezing to death." Scott said and Lydia nodded.

"Go. We'll be right behind you." She said and Scott, Isaac and Aurora walked out, Aurora grabbing something off Stiles' desk in the process.

🦊

Stilinski took a couple deep, looking like he was a pinch from breaking down after Aurora, Scott and Isaac explained everything to him. "If his Jeep is gone, that's where we start. Parrish, let's get an APB out on a blue 1980 CJ-5 Jeep." Stilinski said making Aurora look over at the deputy sitting in front of them who was around her age.

Parrish glanced up at her for a moment before getting to work while she furrowed her brows, feeling a strong energy coming off him.

"Cordova, I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level of any building that he could've gotten into while sleepwalking. It's the coldest night of the year so far... So, if he's out their barefoot in just a t-shirt, he could already be hypothermic. Let's move fast. Let's think fast. Three of you come with me." Stilinski said and lead the two teenagers and Aurora into his office.

"Okay... Is there anything you need to tell me that I can't tell anybody out there?" Stilinski asked and Scott nodded slightly. "Lydia knew he was missing." He said. "Can she help find him?" Stilinski asked and Aurora sighed, "She's working on it." She said as she laid a map on his desk.

"Anything else?" Stilinski asked looked over at her, "I called Derek and Scott called Allison for help. And I'm gonna try to do a tracking spell just incase whar ever Lydia's doing isn't working." Aurora said as she took her necklace off. She held her necklace and whatever she took from Stiles' desk in the same hand before holding them above the map.

"Mihi opus est invenire perditum amicum. Nunc adiuva me, adiuva me cito." Aurora mumbled lowly as she closed her eyes before suddenly seeing flashes of Stiles in the dark, asleep. She furrowed her brows slightly as she opened her eyes to see her necklace was just spinning around and not pointing at any specific location.

"Where is he?" Stilinski asked and Aurora shook her head slightly, "It's not working the way it should. Somehow Stiles is mentally blocking me. All it's telling me is that he's somewhere in this area..." She said as she grabbed a pen and circled the large area that the necklace was spinning around. It had parts if the woods, the mental institution, random buildings, too many places to fully know where Stiles could be.

Someone knocked on the door and opened it, "We got it, sir. We found the Jeep." Parrish said making them look at him.

🦊

Cars pulled into the hospital parking lot before Stilinski, Aurora, Isaac and Scott jumped out of their cars, running over to Stiles' jeep. "It's dead. He must have left the lights on." Stilinski sighed. "Why would he come here?" Scott asked. "Lets find out." Stilinski said and they ran into the hospital. Stilinski went to Melissa while Scott, Aurora and Issac went to the roof where they knew Derek was

"He's not here. Not anymore." Derek said and Aurora raised her eyebrows, "You mean, the whole building?" She asked and Derek nodded. "Gone." He said making them sigh, "I'll go tell Stilinski." Isaac said.

"Notice how strong the scent is up here?" Derek asked when Scott walked up to them. "Ever hear of chemo-signals? Chemical signals that communicate emotion. And just our sweat can give off anger, fear, or disgust. Take a deep breath and tell me what you feel." Derek said and Scott closed his eyes, "Stress."

"And anxiety, I can feel it everywhere up here." Aurora as she glanced around, "What was he doing up here?" Scott asked and Derek shook his head. "I don't know... But there was definitely some kind of struggle." Derek said and Scott furrowed his brows. "With who?" He asked, "Himself." Aurora said as she glanced around.

🦊

"So, you think he was just sleepwalking, or is there something more to it?" Aiden asked as he, Aurora and Derek were jumpstarting the jeep, "Isn't it always something more in this damn town?" Aurora asked and Derek nodded in agreement as she leaned against the jeep.

"What if I told you I know something more?" Aiden said, "I kind of overheard-" He started but stopped when Aurora gave him a look. "I listened in on Stiles talking to Scott- how he thinks he was the one who wrote that message in the chemistry room. The message telling Barrow to kill Kira." He said.

Derek raised he eyebrows at him before he and Aurora glance at each other. "You think Stiles- skinny, defenseless, Stiles- is the Nogitsune, a powerful dark spirit?" Derek said in disbelief and Aiden shrugged, "I'm not the only one thinking it. I'm just the only one saying it." He said.

"This thing wants to possess someone and chooses Stiles? Why wouldn't it take someone bigger? Stronger? Someone with a little more...Power." Derek said as he looked down at the jumper cables while Aurora furrowed her brows slightly. "Because that's what people would expect." Aurora said as she and Derek looked at each other.

🦊

Kira walked down the stairs after class, to see Scott walking out of his class. "Scott, wait!" Kira said but Scott seemed like he didn't hear her before walking away.

"He's a little preoccupied... But we can help you." Derek said as he and Aurora walked up to Kira making her look at him confused, "Because I want you to tell me everything that happened at the power station with William Barrow. Actually, I want you to show me." He said.

Aurora sighed, noticing Kira's nervous expression, "Don't worry, he looks intimidating but he's just a big softie with some unresolved trama." Aurora said, smiling when Derek rolled his eyes and Kira relaxed slightly.

🦊

"It was around here, I think... But everything kind of looks the same now." Kira said as she lead Derek and Aurora into the substation. They looked around until they noticed scrape marks in the concrete. Following the line, it lead into an open gate to a power box that had a baseball bad stuck to it.

"What is that? Is that a baseball bat?" Kira asked, "It's Stiles's bat." Aurora said before glancing at Derek who looked at her as well. Derek walked over and went to grab it but it took a full pulls to get it off, "It's magnetized." He walked over to the start of the scrapes and bat started attracting back to the power box.

"Kira, I'm going to need you to tell me everything you know about foxfire." Derek said making her look at him confused. He nodded to something behind them making them turn around to see a "DANGER: HIGH VOLTAGE" sign.

🦊

A little while later they pulled up to the hospital all they all got out of Derek's car but Kira paused slightly making them look at her. "I don't know if I should go in..." She said making Aurora furrow her brows, "Why not?" She asked and Kira sighed softly.

"You're going to tell Scott that Barrow might have used foxfire- created by me- to jump-start the Nogitsune's power inside Stiles." She said and they nodded slightly, "Yeah." Derek said and Kira nodded. "Basically, that I helped a dark spirit take control of his best friend." She said making Derek and Aurora look at each other for a moment before nodded. "You should probably wait here." Aurora said and Kira nodded before Aurora and Derek walked into the hospital.

Scott was sitting in the of the chairs outside the room, staring at the ground when Derek and Aurora walked up and sat across from him. "You know the stuff you were telling me about chemo signals earlier? It reminded me of the time you were teaching me to use anger to control the shift." Scott said and Derek smiled.

"I think you ended up teaching me more about that." Derek said making Aurora chuckle and nodded while Scott smiled. "Are you teaching me again?" He asked and Derek shrugged slightly.

"Think of it as sharing a few trade secrets. You know, I took Cora back to South America, right? It's where she spent most of her time after the fire. But that's not the only reason I left... I needed to talk to my mother." Derek said making Scott raise his eyebrows, "You're dead mother?" He asked and Derek nodded.

"She told me something that changed my perspective on a lot of things. She said that my family didn't just live in Beacon Hills- they protected it. This town needs someone to protect it. Someone like you." Derek said and Scott smiled softly.

"And someone like you guys to teach me a few trade secrets." Scott said then the look of realization crossed his face before he stood up. "He was trying to protect us. Stiles was protecting us-" Scott said making Derek and Aurora stand up, realising the same thing, "From himself." Aurora said.

A few minuets later they ran into the roof looking around, "What are we looking for?" Derek asked. "I'm not sure... But I think Stiles wasn't just up here struggling with himself. I think he was struggling not to do something." Scott said then noticed a box in front of one of the fences.

He climbed onto it then reached up on top of the roofing of the fence and pulled down a white duffel bag making a bunch of wires and tools fall out. They looked at it confused before looking around, and thats when they noticed a slightly cut wire above them.

They started to walk back but Aurora stopped when her necklace started to glow making her wrap her hand around it. She started seeing flashes of the cut wire snapping, a puddle of electrified water and her brother laying in said water.

Once the vision ended her eyes widened and right as she turned around the electrical box they where just at suddenly exploded into a million sparks. Aurora pulled Derek and Scott back as the wire they saw earlier snapped and started wiping back and forth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 12.3K 121
** COMPLETED ** Growing up in Beacon Hills, Wren Martin's life was as normal as any teenagers. With her sister Lydia, and her two best friends, Scott...
459K 15K 109
When Jordan Parrish was drawn to the small town of Beacon Hills, he never expected to find the existence of the supernatural there. He never intended...
33.1K 913 46
"Look, I get it. You probably think I'm a total weirdo now. Just please, don't tell anyone. Including Scott." Stiles moved to sit next to her and gra...