All I Need ✔️

By Chronically-Chaotic

"You're playing with fire Safania." "Good thing I don't burn." The last words he spoke before throwing me ont... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Author's Note Part 2
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Epilogue
Book 2!

Chapter 35

2.5K 133 48
By Chronically-Chaotic

Third Person POV

Prince Cassius entered the Council room. His brothers, the King, and Advisor Melli were all already there, sitting around the large table. They fell silent at the sight of him.

"Welcome back son!" the King said happily upon seeing Cassius.

"Father," Cassius said, bowing his head. He took his seat next to Orphasius, who was picking at a loose splinter of wood in the table. Orphasius gave him a smirk, and then returned to picking.

"Well there's no use in pleasantries. I think we're all extremely curious to know how your trip went," King Theodore asked.

"Better than we could have even hoped," Cassius answered. "We're expecting at least a thousand men to sign up to join our military - five hundred already have. None of the nobles protested their demotions. We didn't have to execute anyone. And the women and children are so grateful they have started sending homemade goods to the soldiers stationed at the fort. Breads, blankets, clothing... We have some military supplies we need to ship out this afternoon, but with the village's support we can likely cut back on the food and certain supplies we've been sending."

"Fascinating," the King said, astonished. "And you believe you could replicate this result in other villages?"

"It would depend on the village," Cassius responded. "The closer you get to the heart of an empire, the more loyalists you're bound to find. But as far as border towns? I strongly recommend we adopt this strategy going forward until Abree realizes their raiding excursions aren't worth the cost."

"Thank you for your proposal. Any thoughts?"

"Your majesty, I have to strongly disagree," Melli said immediately. "We have no reason to believe this is more than a fluke, or that this peace will even last. Adopting this proposal is extraordinarily risky. Especially given the fact that we are preparing for war with Irado. We can't be fighting on multiple fronts."

"Father, this is a way to add soldiers to your army. That's exactly what we need to do in preparation for war," Cassius urged.

"We can add soldiers to your army regardless," Melli responded.

"Soldiers being forced to fight, not soldiers choosing to fight," Cassius explained.

"Do you think Irado is asking people to pretty please join their army Cassius?" Melli snapped. "Of course they aren't! And a soldier is a soldier. An army with 300 men is stronger than one with 200. It's simple math."

"If we use our enemy's morality as a substitute for our own, we're no better than they are," Cassius said firmly. "And you're wrong. A soldier fighting for something he believes in is stronger than one who fights out of fear or obligation. We want our military to want to fight Irado. Not because they have to, because they want to."

"Enough," the King interjected. "Orphasius, what do you think?"

Orphasius continued to pick at the corner of the table. "I have no thoughts on the matter father," he replied without looking up.

The King sighed. "What about you Alterius?"

Alterius looked at Melli and Cassius thoughtfully.

"I suppose I don't see the harm in trying Cassius's strategy in another border town," he said finally. "But perhaps we need more evidence it works before we adopt it altogether."

Cassius was slightly surprised at his brother's response, but he knew Alterius was posturing to take over as the King. He had a reputation for being ruthless, so taking a reasonable, middle-of-the-road approach helped make him look like a good option. He was extremely cunning, and he would do or say whatever it took to get him the power he so desperately craved.

"I agree," King Theodore replied. "Cassius, have your generals do the same thing in the next closest border town to the fort."

"Yes father," Cassius responded. Advisor Melli scowled, but made his face neutral once the King turned to him.

"Advisor, have you found your wife yet?" he asked.

"The search continues," he replied simply, looking straight at Cassius.

"Well, I will continue hoping for the best. She's such a frail little thing...she couldn't have gotten too far. If you need more guards for the search, please let me know," the King responded.

"I think I have a fairly good idea where she is," Melli said, continuing to glare at Cassius.

"That's a pretty bad run of luck, isn't it? Your first three wives pass away and this one disappears?" Cassius asked.

Melli stared at Cassius with the coldest look he could. "It is unfortunate. But at least when my wives were around they were demure, obedient, and respectful. I may be a bit harsh with my teachings, but it's important to break your women in so they learn their place," Melli said pointedly.

Cassius returned his look with an equally harsh glare. "It appears to be working really well for you," he answered with an equally cold look.

Melli looked for a moment as if he were about to yell, but he instead got up from the table and left.

"I suppose that's meeting adjourned," the King said cheerfully, either oblivious to or ignoring the tension between his son and advisor.

Alterius and the King left quickly. Cassius had gotten up to leave, when Orphasius grabbed his shoulder.

"Hey, Cassius," Orphasius said, pulling him aside.

"What?" Cassius asked, irritated at being kept from Safania longer.

"Welcome back brother. I just wanted to check in with you because I'm a little concerned. Is everything working? You know, down there?" Orphasius asked while smirking.

Cassius looked at him with his icy stare, unamused.

"I'm honestly concerned brother," Orphasius continued. "Do you need a medic to check you out and make sure you're alright?"

"I'm assuming there's a point to this?" Cassius impatiently replied.

"Just find it rather odd you haven't bedded that hot slave girl you seem to spend all your time with."

Cassius froze. How did Orphasius know that?

"My sex life is none of your business," he responded, recovering from the initial shock.

"Well that's where you're wrong," Orphasius replied, walking in a circle around Cassius. "First, I think you mean 'lack of sex life,' and second, it is my business, because if you're not man enough to deflower Safania, I gladly will."

"What are you talking about?" Cassius asked in a low tone.

"Wait...you didn't even know? You're telling me I found out that she's a virgin before you did?" Orphasius laughed. "Oh, that has to sting!"

It did sting. But it also made a lot of sense. Safania freezing up when he would initiate contact, her insistence they remain platonic despite clear chemistry between them, her constant attempts to not be seen as weak. Cassius realized he had been overlooking some major clues.

"Like I said," Orphasius repeated, "if you're not going to screw her, stand aside and make room for someone who will. It's not fair to keep a treasure like that locked up. I will hand it to you though, you've done a good job taking care of her. She's filled out quite nicely. I'd love to get my hands on that nice round ass of hers."

Cassius felt anger growing inside him that he tried to suppress. He wasn't quite used to this feeling - normally he could stay extremely calm through just about anything. But hearing Orphasius talk about his Safania in such a vile manner was grating on his nerves.

"She's got such a sweet little mouth too," Orphasius continued, sensing he was getting under Cassius's skin. "Imagine how good it would look wrapped around my cock."

Without thinking, Cassius punched Orphasius in the face.

Orphasius stumbled backwards and fell to the ground. He wiped his face, only to leave it covered with blood from a nosebleed. Before he could stand up, Cassius lifted him up and pushed him against the wall, ready to strike again.

"She's sure got you, huh brother?" Orphasius said, grinning as his nose continued to bleed.

Cassius didn't respond. Instead, he released Orphasius, turned, and walked away, cursing the fact that he let his brother provoke him.

"What? It's just nice to know you have feelings after all! The great ice prince is actually human," Orphasius called after Cassius, laughing.

As he walked away, all Cassius could do was keep cursing in his head. Damn it, damn it, damn it, he thought. Now Orphasius knew that Safania meant something to him. Which meant Safania was in even more danger. And it was his fault.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 694 103
Aurora opens her eyes only to feel the agonising pain in her body. That is to be expected when there has been an accident. It's excruciatingly painfu...
10.7K 167 74
"You don't want me..." I breathed, selfishly leaning into his touch. But I quickly pull away. "I'm different and so not your type," I muttered, looki...
36K 873 52
A high trained Assassin is betrayed by her former lover, also known as the Royal's Son. The story takes place in Elisora, known for it's dark secrets...
16 1 9
Enmae cannot forgive herself for the wrongs she committed that have ruined her life. Torn between wanting a simple happy life and knowing she is unde...