𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ➢ ᴅᴇ...

By _devilishEJ_

** COMPLETED ** Cadence "Aurora" Lahey has always been aware of the supernatural world, she just kept her dis... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - OMEGA
Ch. 2 - SHAPE SHIFTED
Ch. 3 - ICE RINK
Ch. 4 - ABOMINATION
Ch. 5 - VENOMOUS
Ch. 6 - FRENEMY
Ch. 7 - RESTRAINT
Ch. 8 - RAVING
Ch. 9 - PARTY GUESSED
Ch. 10 - FURY
Ch. 11 - BATTLEFIELD
Ch. 12 - MASTER PLAN
Intro to Season 3A
Ch. 13 - TATTOO
Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 15 - FIREFLIES
Ch. 17 - FRAYED
Ch. 18 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 19 - CURRENTS
Ch. 20 - VISIONARY
Ch. 21 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 23 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 25 - ANCHORS
Ch. 26 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD
Ch. 27 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 28 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 29 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 30 - RIDDLED
Ch. 31 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 32 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 34 - DE-VOID
Ch. 35 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 36 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Intro to Season 4
Ch. 37 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 38 - 117
Ch. 39 - MUTED
Ch. 40 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 41 - I.E.D
Ch. 42 - ORPHANED
Ch. 43 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 44 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 45 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 46 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 47 - A PROMISE TO THE DEAD
Ch. 48 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro To Season 5A
Ch. 49 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 50 - PARASOMNIA
Ch. 51 - DREAMCATCHERS
Ch. 52 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 53 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 54 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 55 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 56 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 57 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 58 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 59 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 60 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 61 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 62 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 63 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 64 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 65 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 66 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 67 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 68 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 69 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 70 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 71 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 72 - RELICS
Ch. 73 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 74 - GHOSTED
Ch. 75 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 76 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 77 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 78 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 79 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 80 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 81 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 82 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 83 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 84 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 85 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 86 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 87 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 88 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bonus Ch. - TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN

Ch. 16 - UNLEASHED

3.5K 162 27
By _devilishEJ_

Aurora's outfit:

Chapter Sixteen
Unleashed

Jennifer Blake walked into her classroom and closed the door before turning around, letting out a scream when she saw Aurora standing there. Aurora just raised her eyebrows as Jennifer grabbed a pointer stick, holding it up like a weapon, "Is that supposed to be threatening?" Aurora asked.

"What do you want? You gonna threaten me? Tell me that no one's gonna believe me? Try to scare me?... Kill me?" Jennifer asked and Aurora chuckled, "I was just wanting see if you were okay." Aurora said and Jennifer raised ber journal, "Physically or emotionally?Although, I guess that presupposes I was emotionally okay  before any of this, and, according to my therapist... It's been debatable for a long time." Jennifer said and Aurora nodded slightly.

"I'm a lawyer and a highschool history teacher with two kids in Beacon Hills, I would make a therapist need a therapist." Aurora said and Jennifer raised her eyebrows and nodded, "In twenty minutes, I have to start two dozen teenagers on The Crucible, and I honestly have no idea what I'm gonna say." Jennifer said and Aurora shrugged.

"You could start by telling them that it's an allegory for McCarthyism?" Aurora suggested making Jennifer raise her eyebrows, "Is that a subtle way of suggesting that I shouldn't say anything? Because I won't." Jennifer said and Aurora chuckled and shook her head. "You seem smart enough to know when you should keep your mouth so I'm not too worried about that." Aurora said as she walked around Jennifer, towards the door.

"My names Jennifer, by the way." She said and Aurora smiled at her, "Cadence, but you can call me Aurora." Aurora said before walking out.

Aurora walked into her classroom and paused slightly when she saw Derek waiting for her by the windows. "I'm surprised no ones banded you from school grounds yet. Surely some teenager have been weirded out by an ex-fugitive constantly being at school." Aurora asked and Derek smiled slightly, "I was an innocent man who was accused." He said and she raised her eyebrows.

"Innocent isn't the word I'd use." She said before going to walk over to her desk but stopped when she saw a bouquet of flowers sitting on it. "Did you bring me flowers?" She asked as she pointed at them and Derek just smiled and shrugged slightly. "I might have." He said and she squinted at him, "What did you do?" She asked.

"Why do you automatically think I did something?" He asked and she raised her eyebrows, "Derek Hale randomly decided to bring me flowers... Either you broke sometime of mine, lost one or both of my kids..." She trailed off slightly as she leaned against the front of her desk while grabbing the flowers.

"Or you have a crush on me." She said making him chuckle and playful raise his eyebrows, "Me, have a crush on you? Not a chance." He said and she chuckled. "You'd be lucky to have me." She said as she brought the flowers up to smell them while he smiled at her.

"Can't deny that." He said making her smile while squinting at him as she stood up and walked around her desk. "You're being weird." She said and he raised his eyebrows, "I'm being weird?" He asked and she hummed and nodded. "Visiting me at my work, bringing me flowers and being flirty out of the blue... You do like me." She said and he rolled his eyes while still smiling.

"I don't like you, I've just been thinking lately." He said and she smirked and raised her eyebrows, "About how much you like me." She said, chuckling when he rolled his eyes again. "No, about how much you've been helping me even after what I did in highschool. Thank you." He said as he walked up to her desk and she hummed, "You somehow got Ronan to start talking more, that's thanking enough." She said.

They stared at each other for a moment before the bell rang making Aurora suck in a deep breath and glance away from him. "Well- I think that's the signal for you to get out of here before you get the cops called on you." She said and he chuckled and nodded before starting to walk away.

"Hey, Derek?" She asked making him stop at the door before looking at her, "I love the flowers." She said and he smiled before walking away.

"Scott, trust me, if there was something I could do I would. But unless you can find something that proves Aiden beat up his own brother, then I can't do anything." Aurora said as Scott stood in front of her during lunch. "You can't just give them detention or something?" Scott asked and Aurora shook her head, "Not unless I catch them doing something." Aurora said making Scott sigh.

All of the sudden Aurora's necklace started to glow making her grab it before she saw flashes of Isaac and Allison trapped in the janitor closet. "Shit!" Aurora said before quickly running out the classroom making Scott furrow his brows before running after her.

They ran up to the janitors closet to see a vending machine blocking the door making Aurora and Scott quickly quickly moved the vending machine away from the door. Scott opened the door and pulled a half transformed Isaac away from Allison and Aurora quickly ran over to him. "Isaac!" She said, grabbing his wrist as he growled, "Isaac!" She yelled louder and he froze slightly before going back to normal.

"Oh god." He said in a whispered as he moved back to sit against the wall. "Allison..." Scott said as Allison walked out the closet and Scott grabbed her hands to see claw marks on her arms. "I'm okay. I'm fine." Allison said and Isaac looked up at them, "I'm sorry, I didn't-I didn't mean to do that..." He said and Allison nodded.

"I'm okay." She said as Isaac sighed softly, "I'm so sorry..." He said while putting his head in his hands. "It's not his fault." Allison said while Aurora grabbed her brother's hands, letting him hold onto hers tightly. "I know." Scott said and Aurora sighed, "I guess now we know they want to do more than just get you angry- they want to get someone hurt." She said and Isaac looked up at Scott.

"So, are we gonna do something?" He asked and Scott and Aurora glanced at each other before Aurora nodded, "Yeah... I'm gonna get them angry. Really angry."

Engine Roaring, Isaac tears down the corridor on the motorcycle, He soars past the locker room, heading right for Aiden who comes hurtling down the stairs. Isaac hits the brakes, skidding towards him before Aiden grabs the handlebars, stopping the bike short. The tires screech and spin, kicking up smoke as it stopped.

"Get off my bike!" Aiden said and Isaac took the helmet off and smirked. "No problem." He said before climbing up onto the bike, grabbing Aiden's shoulders before flipping over him. Isaac stood back, watching as students filled the halls while Aiden climbed onto the bike.

"You have got to be kidding me" Miss. Blake said as she and Aurora pushed past students, walking over to Aiden, "I do hope you realize this is gonna end in a suspension." Aurora said. Aiden looked over at Isaac, Scott and Allison, the guys where smirking while Allison laughed.

Aiden looked over at Aurora and she just gave him a daring look as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Derek walked up to Cora who was doing pull ups on a bar in the loft. "Stop. You're not done healing." Derek said as Cora dropped down, "Yeah? Well, I'm done lying around." She said as she got down to do push up.

"Then sit." Derek said as Cors started doing push ups making Derek sigh. "Are you gonna help me go after them?" Cora asked and Derek didnt say anything as he just walked up to her, pushing her arm out from under her with his foot making her fall back. Cora quickly got up before going to punch him bit he just blocked her hits before grabbing her arm.

"Fight back!" Cora yelled before Derek slightly pushed her back and she scoffed, "I came back for this? I can't believe I got my ass thrown in a vault for three months for you! All those rumors I heard... A powerful new Alpha... One of the Hales! Building a pack! Do you know how long I waited to hear something like that? Do you have any idea how it felt to find out you were alive?" Cora yelled making Derek sigh softly.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." Derek said but before Cora could say anything, a beeping sound made them look over at a blinking red light on a control panel. "What's that?" Cora asked and Derek took a deep breath, "Trouble." He said.

The door to the loft slid open to reveal Ennis who smirked and let out a low growl. Cora growled before running forward making Derek's eyes widen, "No, wait!" Derek yelled. Cora ran at Ennis hut before she could do anything, he grabbed her by the throat before slamming her to the ground. He looked up at Derek with a fang-full smirk, "Ready for a rematch?" He asked.

Derek started to step forward but stopped when Kali walked through the door, clawed feet on full display. Derek ran at her but backed up slightly when she tried to spin kick him. Kali ran down making Derek back up before Kali went to kick him but he grabbed her leg before flipping her and letting out loud a roar.

Kali ripped the the pipe that Cora was doing pull ups on and spun it around before hitting Derek in the face with it. She hit him again, making him fall to the ground. She spun the pipe around before stepping it through his back making Cora's eyes widen as she went to step forward but Ennis slammed her back dow .

The sound of footsteps made everyone look over to see Deucalion walking down the stairs. "Everybody done? Because just listening to that was exhausting." Deucalion asked before collapsing his cane and crouching down in front of Derek. "So. Let's chat. Sorry about this, Derek. I asked Kali to be gentle, but..." Deucalion trailed off slightly, "This is me being gentle." Kali said before twisting the pipe slightly making Derek groan.

"Let...let her go." Derek struggled to say as he glanced at his sister. Before Deucalion could do something, Ennis was suddenly ripped away from Cora, slamming against the wall with an invisible force. He went to move but was shoved back into the wall again. "Posuit manere." Aurora said, her necklace glowing as she walked into the loft.

Ennis went to move but he couldn't pull away from the wall due to Aurora's spell. "Aurora Lahey, it seems like you've gotten better with that necklace of yours since I last saw you." Deucalion said making Aurora look over at him, Derek and Kali. "Is she gonna let him go or am I gonna have to make her?" Aurora asked making Kali cock an eyebrow while Deucalion chuckled.

"In time, we're not quite done yet." Deucalion said before turning back to Derek, "What do you want? You want to kill me?" Derek struggled to say and Deucalion raised his eyebrows. "You really think I'm that boring? Don't throw me in with sociopaths like your Uncle. I'm a man with far more vision than simple murder. In fact... I'm here to show you just how much vision a blind man can have." Deucalion said as he took off his sun glasses before his eyes started to glow a bright red.

Blood started dripping from Derek's mouth making Cora step forward, "You're killing him!" She yelled as Aurora grabbed her arm to keep her from running over while Kali turned to her, holding up her finger. "Not yet, little sister. But I could. Who knows if it's five minutes or five hours before it's too late to pull this thing out. But just to be on the safe side... Might want to get to the point, Duke." She said.

"Now you see the one problem with being in an Alpha pack. Everybody wants to make the decisions. Me? I'm more about discovering new talents... Like you." Deucalion says and Derek took a deep breath, "Not interested." He said.

"But you haven't even heard my pitch." Deucalion said and Derek looked up at him, "You want me to... Kill my own pack." Derek said weakly as Aurora watched him worriedly. "No. I want you to kill one of them. Do that, and I won't have to ask you to kill the others. You'll do it on your own. I did it. Ennis did. Kali did. Tell him what it's like, Kali, to kill one of your own." Deucalion asked making Kali smile and hum.

"Mm... Liberating."

"Listen to me, Derek. Do you really want to stay beholden to a couple of maladjusted teenagers bound to become a liability? And believe me, they will become a liability. In fact... I have a feeling one of them is getting himself into trouble right now." Deucalion said as Derek's blood started to turn black.

"See, the reason I'm always invested in new talent is simple. We all know a pack is strongest due to its individual parts- the stronger the individual parts, the stronger the whole. When I lost my sight, one of my Betas assumed I wasn't fit for my role anymore. He tried to take it from me. Killing him taught me something about Alphas I didn't know they could do. His power was added to mine. I became stronger, faster, more powerful than I'd ever been. I tested this new ability to subsume the power of your own by killing another one... In fact, Derek, I killed them all. I took the individual parts and became a greater individual whole." Deucalion said.

He crouched down in front of Derek and grabbed his hair, pulling his head up. He lightly felt Derek's features before letting go of his head and standing up, "You were right, Kali. He looks like his mother. You'll get to know me, Derek. Like she did." Deucalion said.

"I've heard stories about you. And they all say the same thing." Aurora said making them all look at her, "That you're a fanatic." She said making Deucalion scowl. "Know me? You've never seen anything like me. I am the Alpha of Alphas! I am the apex of apex predators! I am death, destroyer of worlds! I am the demon-wolf!" Deucalion yelled as thunder flashed outside for a moment and his glasses cracked.

Cora stepped back slightly, holding onto Aurora's arm while Kali ripped the pipe out making Derek fall to the ground. Kali held her arm out, letting Deucalion grab it before them and Ennis, the spell wearing off, started walking out while Cora ran over to Derek. But before they got to the steps, Aurora held her hand out making them stop and look at her.

"If you or any of your rabid pack animals mess with my little brother again... I won't need a magical necklace to kill all of you." Aurora said and Kali growled at her making Aurora roll her eyes before lowering her hand and walking over to Derek and Cora. The Alpha pack walked out the loft as Aurora crouched down in front of Derek, "You can heal him right?" Cora asked and Aurora held her hand over Derek's wound.

"Sana haec vulnera." Aurora whispered and Derek closed his eyes for a moment as his wound healed. He took a deep breath before looking at Aurora as she raised her eyebrows at him. "Do you have to have such bad luck with people?" Aurora asked making Derek let out a tired chuckle and shake his head slightly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 913 46
"Look, I get it. You probably think I'm a total weirdo now. Just please, don't tell anyone. Including Scott." Stiles moved to sit next to her and gra...
4K 141 11
[ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 2 ] "If someone helps her kill them no matter who they are, kill them. We need her, she is an argent and she is the last one of them, exc...
119K 3.3K 27
[ POORLY WRITTEN, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ] ❝ 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝗺, 𝗜 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗴...
239K 872 6
(REWRITTEN) 𝐒𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 | ❝𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗂𝗍 𝗂𝗀𝗇𝗂𝗍𝖾𝗌, 𝗂𝗍 𝗂𝗌 𝖿𝖺𝗍𝖺𝗅❞ Dolores 'Lola' McCall have been working at the Beacon...