𝐓𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ➢ ᴅᴇ...

By _devilishEJ_

** COMPLETED ** Cadence "Aurora" Lahey has always been aware of the supernatural world, she just kept her dis... More

Intro + Cast
Ch. 1 - OMEGA
Ch. 2 - SHAPE SHIFTED
Ch. 3 - ICE RINK
Ch. 4 - ABOMINATION
Ch. 5 - VENOMOUS
Ch. 6 - FRENEMY
Ch. 7 - RESTRAINT
Ch. 8 - RAVING
Ch. 9 - PARTY GUESSED
Ch. 10 - FURY
Ch. 11 - BATTLEFIELD
Ch. 12 - MASTER PLAN
Intro to Season 3A
Ch. 13 - TATTOO
Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING
Ch. 16 - UNLEASHED
Ch. 17 - FRAYED
Ch. 18 - MOTEL CALIFORNIA
Ch. 19 - CURRENTS
Ch. 20 - VISIONARY
Ch. 21 - THE GIRL WHO KNEW TOO MUCH
Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED
Ch. 23 - ALPHA PACT
Ch. 24 - LUNAR ECLIPSE
Intro to Season 3B
Ch. 25 - ANCHORS
Ch. 26 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD
Ch. 27 - GALVANIZED
Ch. 28 - ILLUMINATED
Ch. 29 - SILVERFINGER
Ch. 30 - RIDDLED
Ch. 31 - LETHARIA VULPINA
Ch. 32 - ECHO HOUSE
Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF
Ch. 34 - DE-VOID
Ch. 35 - INSATIABLE
Ch. 36 - THE DIVINE MOVE
Intro to Season 4
Ch. 37 - THE DARK MOON
Ch. 38 - 117
Ch. 39 - MUTED
Ch. 40 - THE BENEFACTOR
Ch. 41 - I.E.D
Ch. 42 - ORPHANED
Ch. 43 - WEAPONIZED
Ch. 44 - TIME OF DEATH
Ch. 45 - PERISHABLE
Ch. 46 - MONSTROUS
Ch. 47 - A PROMISE TO THE DEAD
Ch. 48 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Intro To Season 5A
Ch. 49 - CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
Ch. 50 - PARASOMNIA
Ch. 51 - DREAMCATCHERS
Ch. 52 - CONDITION TERMINAL
Ch. 53 - A NOVEL APPROACH
Ch. 54 - REQUIRED READING
Ch. 55 - STRANGE FREQUENCIES
Ch. 56 - OUROBOROS
Ch. 57 - LIES OF OMISSION
Ch. 58 - STATUS ASTHMATICUS
Intro to Season 5B
Ch. 59 - THE LAST CHIMERA
Ch. 60 - DAMNATIO MEMORIAE
Ch. 61 - CODOMINANCE
Ch. 62 - THE SWORD AND THE SPIRIT
Ch. 63 - AMPLIFICATION
Ch. 64 - LIE ABILITY
Ch. 65 - A CREDIBLE THREAT
Ch. 66 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN
Ch. 67 - THE BEAST OF BEACON HILLS
Ch. 68 - APOTHEOSIS
Intro to Season 6A
Ch. 69 - MEMORY LOST
Ch. 70 - SUPERPOSITION
Ch. 71 - SUNDOWNING
Ch. 72 - RELICS
Ch. 73 - RAIDO SILENCE
Ch. 74 - GHOSTED
Ch. 75 - HEARTLESS
Ch. 76 - BLITZKRIEG
Ch. 77 - MEMORY FOUND
Ch. 78 - RIDERS ON THE STORM
Intro to Season 6B
Ch. 79 - SAID THE SPIDER TO THE FLY
Ch. 80 - RAW TALENT
Ch. 81 - AFTER IMAGES
Ch. 82 - FACE-TO-FACELESS
Ch. 83 - PRESSURE TEST
Ch. 84 - TRIGGERS
Ch. 85 - WEREWOLVES OF LONDON
Ch. 86 - GENOTYPE
Ch. 87 - BROKEN GLASS
Ch. 88 - THE WOLVES OF WAR
Bonus Ch. - TOGETHER ONCE AGAIN

Ch. 15 - FIREFLIES

3.8K 151 15
By _devilishEJ_

Aurora's outfit:

Chapter Fifteen
Fireflies

"Is it them?" Scott asked a little while later as he, Aurora and Derek stopped, looking at a couple sets of footprints. "Looks like we're not the only ones that decided to stick together." Aurora said as she glanced around and Scott raised his eyebrows slightly, "Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?" He asked and she sighed and shook her head slightly.

"I don't know." She said and Scott looked at Derek, "Derek... I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone that they find?" He asked and Derek and Aurora glanced at each other for a moment.

"Everyone and anyone."

Somewhere within the woods, a girl named Caitlin stood around at a little camp area, calling out for her girlfriend. Hearing a low growl Caitlin begins to turn to see a transformed Cora stepping into the light, growling at her. But before Cora could do anything, Isaac jumps down making Cora look at him.

Isaac slowly looked up at her and smirked before running at her. Cora went to swipe at him but Isaac easily knocks her down and Cora looked up at them and growled loudly before getting back up. She grabbed him, tossing him back into a tree making him fall to the ground. He looked up at her as Scott jumped over him, kicking Cora to the ground.

Aurora walked up as the three werewolves all stood up, Cora growling at all of them. Cora turned as Derek stepped up and she growl at him making him roar back at her. She quickly turned around and ran off into the woods making Derek, Isaac and Aurora quickly run after her.

A little while later Scott, Aurora, Isaac and Derek stood around the woods as Scott hung up a call with Stiles. Apparently Lydia found a freshly dead body at the pool. "This doesn't make any sense. The public pool is all the way on the other side of the woods. We haven't tracked them anywhere near there." Derek said making them look at him.

"Derek, they killed someone." Scott said and Derek shook his head slightly, "How are they moving so fast?" Derek asked. "Derek-" Scott went to say but Derek cut him off, "They can't be that fast on foot!" He said.

"They killed someone. Some totally innocent kid is dead... And it's our fault." Scott said and Derek sighed and shook his head, "It's my fault." He said. "We need help." Scott said and Derek glanced at Isaac, "We have Isaac now." He said and Scott shook his head.

"I mean real help!" Scott said making Isaac look at Scott offended. "They're too fast for us, for all of us. They're too strong, too rabid..." Scott said and Derek shook his head slightly, "We'll catch 'em." He said and Isaac raised his eyebrows.

"What happens if we do? We just gonna hold them down until the sun comes up?" Isaac asked and Derek sighed, "Maybe it would be easier just to kill-" Derek started to say but Aurora instantly cut him off. "No, Erica's ready dead. We're not killing Boyd, and we're especially not gonna kill Cora, who we just got back after thinking she's been dead for over six years." Aurora said and Isaac sighed.

"What if it's the only thing to do? If we can't even catch them, what else can we do?" He asked and Aurora shrugged slightly, "Find someone who knows what they're doing." She said as she glanced over at Scott.

"Who?" Derek asked and Scott looked at him, "Someone who knows how to hunt Werewolves."

Engine off, Derek and Aurora sat in the front seat of Derek's car while Issac sat in the back as the watched Scott talking to Argent just a few yards away. "You think this is going to work?" Isaac asked and Derek shook his head, "No." He said and Isaac nodded slightly.

"Me either. So... your sister." Isaac started making Derek slowly turn an incredulous gaze on Isaac while Aurora just chuckled. "Sorry. Bad timing. I'll ask later." Isaac said and Derek raised his eyebrows slightly making Isaac's eyes widen slightly, "Or never. I'm good with never." Isaac said before sitting back while Derek and Aurora glanced at each other.

Back in the woods, Argent drops an equipment bag on the ground in front of Scott, Isaac, Derek, and Aurora before kneeling to examine the numerous prints in the dirt. "You've been tracking them by print?" He asked and Aurora sighed, "Trying to. I don't really have the time to do a tracking spell." She said.

"Then you've been wasting your time. The only creature on earth that can visually track footprints is man. And if you're not trained like me you have no idea that this print is Boyd's and these-" Argent said as he pointed at a footprint, "Are Cora's." Isaac said confidently.

"No, they're yours. You trampled Cora's when you first walked over here." Argent said and Isaac lifts his foot to back up then doesn't seem to know where to step. "Listen, I know the three of you..." Argent said looking at Scott, Derek and Isaac, "Are focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon, but that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora, who have fully given in. They put the pedal to the floor where you three are barely hitting the speed limit."

"So what do we do."

"Focus on your sense of smell. Actual wolves are known to track their prey by up to a hundred Miles a day by scent. A trained hunter can use scent to track them. If the wind is with them, wolves can track a scent by a distance of two miles, which means we can draw them to us... Or into a trap. Full moon does give us one advantage. They'll have a higher heat signature, which makes them easier to spot with infrared." Argent said as he tossed Derek some night vision goggles.

"Thanks but I've got my own." Derek said flashing his red eyes as he tossed the goggles to Aurora. She looked at the goggles before raising them up to look through the for a moment before humming and shrugging slightly.

"Just remember we're not hunting wild animals. Underneath those impulses are two intelligent human beings. Don't think they can't rely on that human side. It's suppressed but it's there. Reminding them how to mask their own scent. How to cover their tracks. How to survive."

Stepping toward the edge of the cliffside, Argent and the others look out to the brilliant lights of the town. "When was the last time you saw your sister?" Argent asked looking at Derek, "Not in years. I thought she died in the fire." Derek said.

"You feel like you have a lock on her scent?" Argent asked and Derek shook his head, "Scott, how confident are you in your skills?" Argent asked. "Honestly? Most of the time I'm trying not to think about all of the things I can smell." Scott said and Argent sighed, "All right, our real problem is when they breach the woods and hit the residential areas. Once they're past the high school they're right in the middle of Beacon Hills." Argent explained. "They're not going to kill everything they see, are they?" Isaac asked and Argent shook his head.

"No. But there's an important difference to recognize. Wolves hunt for food. At a certain point they get full. Boyd and Cora are hunting for the pleasure of the kill. For some primal, apex predatory satisfaction that comes from ripping a warm body to bloody shreds. And who knows when that need is satiated."

"We can't kill them." Aurora said and Isaac glanced at her, "What if we can't catch them?" He asked and Argent thought for a second. "Then maybe we just need to contain them." He turns back to the city below them, thinking. "There's no one in the school at night, is there?" He asked and Derek raised his eyebrows slightly, "You want to trap them?" Derek asked and Argent nodded.

"If there's somewhere with a strong enough door. No windows or access to the outside." Argent said, "What about the boiler room? It's one big steel door." Isaac suggested making them look at him.

"You're sure the school's empty?" Argent asked and Aurora shrugged slightly "Should be. After everything that happened with Peter, I'm the only teacher brave enough to stay after hours." She said.

A few minutes later, Argent grabbed something and stabbed it into the ground. "These are ultrasonic emitters- it's one of the tools we use to corral Werewolves, pushing them into a direction we want them to run." Argent said before turning it on.

"It gives off a high-pitched frequency that only they can hear." Argent said, smirking in amusement when he look up to see Isaac, Scott and Derek covering their ears in pain, "God, no kidding!" Isaac groaned while Aurora chuckled in amusement.

A couple minutes later Argent was passing them all done of the emitters, "These are gonna drive them to the school?" Aurora asked as she took one and Argent nodded, "And then, it's up to you to get them into the basement." He said. "Does anyone else want to rethink the plan where we just, uh... kill them?" Isaac asked making his sister give him a dirty look before lightly smacking the back of his head.

"Shut up or I'll ground you. It'll work."

"And the hunted becomes the hunters!" Peter said as Derek stabbed an emitter into the ground, "You really think a few high-tech dog-whistles are gonna help?" Peter asked making Derek roll his eyes as he and Aurora glanced at each other. "I don't see you offering a hand, Peter." Aurora said and Peter shrugged slightly, "Personally, I'm trying to cut down on futile endeavors." He said.

"Cora's alive." Derek said as Peter started walking over to them, "I heard! Let's throw the reunion party when she's not an unstoppable killing machine." He said. "I can stop her." Derek said and Peter nodded, "Sure you can! By killing her... Which happens to be the point of this little exercise." Peter said.

"Deucalion wants you to kill them. He wants you to get rid of his baggage, making it easier for you to join his pack. The fact that it was supposed to happen in the vault, and not up here, out in the open, doesn't change his plan. It just means Boyd and Cora are gonna kill a few innocent people first." Peter said and Derek squinted at him.

"And I should just let them? I should be okay with innocent people dying?" Derek asked and Peter shrugged, "Unless you're okay killing your own." He said and Aurora rolled her eyes. "We can catch them. None of this has to end in murder. Which makes me glad you're not helping because with you everything ends in murder. Even family members." Aurora said and Peter scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Oh, come on! How much damage can they do? So they off a few homeless people, a drunk stumbling out of a bar too late... So what? Let Scott deal with it. Let him be the hero of his morally black-and-white world. The real survivors- you two and I? We live in shades of gray." Peter said before shrugging.

"Then again, even if you did kill them, you're still an Alpha." Peter said before leaning down to turn in the emitter, "You can always make more Werewolves." He said then walked away.

"You still plan on killing him?" Derek asked and Aurora nodded, "I just need to figure out where to bury the body." Aurora said before they looked at each other again. "Wouldn't want Lydia finding it again." She said and Derek chuckled and nodded making Aurora smile.

"Do you see that?" Argent asked making Scott follow his line of sight to see a firefly, "Yeah. It's a firefly." Scott said and Argent shook his head slightly. "No, no, I know, it..." Argent trailed off making Scott raise his eyebrows, "What?" He asked. "It's, uh... it's very unusual. The, uh, Californian fireflies aren't bioluminescent." Argent said and Scott looked confused.

"They don't glow." Aurora said making them look at her as she walked up to them and Scott furrowed his brows slightly. "Does that mean something?" He asked and Aurora shrugged, "Could mean a lot of things. The climate could be changing quickly and rapidly... or since we live in Beacon Hills, probably supernatural." Aurora said before they heard a distant howl.

Isaac stood outside the school before hearing growling coming from behind him making him sigh. "Oh great..." He mumbled as he turned around to find Boyd and Cora standing there, growling at him. Isaac got ready for a fight but Argent drove up, honking his horn at them. They ran towards the school making Derek, who was standing in the hallway turn to the doors.

Boyd and Cora ran up and looked at him before suddenly jumping up to the roof. "They're not going through the school..." Aurora said and Scott nodded slightly, "They're going over it." He said before they ran over to Derek. "The back doors- someone has to get them open." Argent said and Derek nodded before running into the school.

"Someone has to drive them inside." Fallon said and Argent nodded, "I'll go." He said while holding up a stun baton. "No, I'm faster." Isaac said making Aurora looked at him, "Be careful, don't be an idiot." She said and he nodded before running off.

A little while later Boyd and Cora ran through the halls of the school before Derek suddenly shot out, slamming his sister into the lockers. Boyd stopped and turned to them as Derek shoved Cora to the ground. Boyd roared at him and Argent and Aurora turned the corner, Argent holding up his stun baton and Scott jumped down the stairs.

Derek and Scott stepped forward as Boyd and Cora growled at them, "Come and get us." Derek said before he and Scott ran off making Boyd and Cors follow them. Argent glanced at Aurora and nodded making her quickly following the two blood thirsty werewolves.

Scott and Derek ran down the stairs to the basement before opening up the boiler room and running in while Boyd and Cora ran after them. When they ran into the dark boiler room, Aurora ran up and stood by the door.

Boyd and Cora slowly walked down the stairs of the boiler room before all of the sudden Derek and Scott blasted them with a fire extinguisher. "Come on!" Aurora yelled making them drop the fire extinguishers, running back over to the door. The second they got through, Aurora shut the door and locked it.

They waited for a minute as the werewolves banged on the door before it got quiet. "Did that actually work?" Scott asked and Derek nodded slightly, "It worked." He said making Scott sigh in relief. Aurora paused as her necklace glowed making her wrap her hand around it. All the sounds around her slowly disappeared until all she could hear where some heartbeats.

"What is it?" Derek asked and Aurora furrowed her brows slightly, "Heartbeats..." She said and he raised his eyebrows slightly. "Both of 'em?" He asked and Scott focused for a second, "Actually... three of them." He said making Derek's eyes widen slightly before reaching for door making Aurora grab his arm.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She asked incredulously and he looked at her, "Close the door behind me and keep it shut." He said and she looked at him like he was crazy. "If you go in there alone, and you're either gonna kill them, or they kill you." She said and he nodded slightly as he stared at her for a moment. "That's why I'm going in alone." He said before unlocking the door and quickly running into the boiler room. Scott and Aurora glanced at each other before closing the door and locking it again.

They listened into all the gowls and tearing of flesh until Isaac called out to them. "Aurora! Scott! Guys! The sun's coming up!" He yelled and ran over to the stairs of the basement to see Scott and Aurora run into the boiler room making him quickly run after them.

They ran down the stairs to find Boyd and Cora passed out on the ground and Derek on his knees covered in slash marks breathing heavily. "Get Boyd and Cora, I'll help Derek." Aurora said and Isaac and Scott nodded. Aurora waited until they left with Cora and Boyd before walking over and slowly crouching down in front of Derek who was looking at the ground tiredly.

Aurora gently grabbed his face making him look up at her. They stared at each other for a moment before Aurora closed her eyes. "Sana haec vulnera." She whispered lowly and Derek sighed softly and closed his eyes as them slash marks started to heal. "There's a teacher... In the back." Derek said and Aurora nodded, "I'll talk to them." She said.

Derek opened his eyes to look at her as she used her thumb to wipe some blood off his cheek. "Go home, get some beauty sleep. You look like shit." Aurora said, smiling when Derek chuckled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

766K 20.5K 103
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 Riley Winters knew noth...
75.2K 3.1K 41
** COMPLETED ** Nabina Rai has had an overall difficult life growing up. She got sick at a young age but got better, and then her dad died so Nabina...
27.2K 1.1K 27
"𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈." Dylan goes from running with one sketchy crowd to another. She c...