Game of Thrones || The Sword...

By RickyAdams9

UNDER MAJOR EDITING AT THE CURRENT TIME* Ser Arthur Dayne of Starfall was the greatest knight the Seven Kingd... More

Cast
Dawn
Stories
"The Man Who Passes the Sentence Should Swing the Sword"
The Runts of the Litter
The King's Arrival
The Kingslayer
A Dothraki Wedding and Honeymoon
Words of War
Wishful for a Good Fight or Death
Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things
Wolves, Lions and Excuses
A Golden Crown and Bloodied Hands
Betrayal of the Obvious Traitor
The Cry for War
Planning
The Green Fork
The Whispering Woods
The Quiet Wolf put to Rest
The King in the North
The Bleeding Star
"You hold the reigns"
A Dayne at War
On The Move
To Finally See Her Grace
To Conquer a Mountain
Riling the Lion
Talk of Victory and Life
The Prideful Little Lion
The Second Battle of the Ruby Ford
The Black Lion Roars
A Dayne, A Lion, and Second Sons
Work That Leads to Nothing
Cornered
The Plan
Jenny of Oldstones
"Make It Yours"
Battle of the Flood Bowl
A Brother and Sister Reunited
Staines That Do Not Wash
A Frey and a Trout
Distractions
A Red Wedding
A Sign in the Stars
"You want it darker"
Cider and Dead Kings
The Red Mountains
Starfall
Blood of my Blood
Deadly Secrets
Dragon Troubles
Darkstar
The Dayne Slayer
Breakthrough
The Sword of the Morning
East
Angry Snakes
The Art of Compromise
Dragon Dreams
Stone Men of Old Valyria
"Slavery-free" City of Yunkai
A Different Kind of Cat
A Dance With a Dayne and a Dragon
Horselords
The Champion of the Braided Bloodrider
Past Events and Unspoken Emotions
Reborn Through Fire and Blood
Bloodriders for Her Majesty
A Forgotten Will
Love Under the Stars
A New Dawn
A City on the Rise
A Brave New World
Dragonstone
The King in the North Arises Once More
The Mantle of Responsibility
"What You Would Do If You Lost"
"Never Let Go"
The Bait
The Battle of Shipbreaker Bay
The Queen of the Torrentine
Siege
Old Vendettas
The Song of the North
No Mercy
Lost Enough
A Brother and Sister Reunited II
A New War
The Mormont Returns
Secrets and Banter
A Promise
Fall
"The Monsters Are Real"
Warm Again
What They Have
Set Dates
What They Need
Deal Broker
A Knight, A Warrior, and A Lover At Heart
The North Remebers
Slow Dancing
The Lords and Ladies of the North
The Key
Oathkeeper
Ghosts of Winters Past
The Wary She-Wolf
Dragon Riders
An Ever-shifting Future
Burying a Hatchet
An Understanding
A Way Through
The Bridge of Skulls
Shattered Hope
Not Invincible
"It Only Gets Worse Before It Gets Better"
An Old Face from an Old Life
Visions of the Flames
Hard Truths
Bloodletting
The Long Night
The Long Night II
The Long Night III

Prophecies

1.5K 80 3
By RickyAdams9

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I stare at Melisandra in confusion for a long time. The Red Woman only remains silent as she looks right back at me. No words befall anyone for a long time as the awkwardness of the situation drags on.

"Clear the room."

I finally say and everyone looks to me. I look around at everyone, raising a brow and they all immediately funnel out of the room.

"I'm staying."

"Dany, go outside with the others. I'll see you in a little bit."

Daenerys seems to want to protest but I give her a half-pleading look and she sighs, nodding.

"Fine. Just come back soon."

I smile with a small nod but the warmth from her hands quickly disappears as soon as she let's go. Instantly, my body feels cold without her touch as I watch her leave with Sansa and the others. Jon pushes Bran's chair. As they pass me, Bran looks at me with his blank expression but his dull eyes tell me he knows something. He probably knows lots of things at this point.

Everyone finally leaves and Jon shuts the door behind him. The candles around the table and the room flicker as the small fire in the hearth is slowly dying.

I raise a brow to the Red Woman.

"So... Why are you here then?"

I finally ask but the Red Woman only moves across the room away from me, moving to sit in a chair by the fire.

"Everything is dying.."

She half mumbles and I feel confused. But I approach her and the fire, sitting down on a chair across from her. It's said that people who believe in the Lord of Light can look into the flames and see glimpses of the future and past. But I don't believe in any of that nonsense.

Visions won't help us win this war.

"With winter comes universal death but also spring with eternal life."

"Is that a quote from somewhere?"

I ask with a small chuckle and Melisandra just shakes her head with a soft smile.

"When I was a child, I grew up as a slave."

Her tone changes from a amused to a sad tone in a fast pace and I lean a bit closer, slightly intrigued by the start to her story.

"I grew up being sold around like a prized mare. But when some red priestes from Asshai saved me from my masters, I found something to live for."

She smiles, the flames from the hearth reflecting in her eyes.

"My faith in the Lord of Light was stronger then..."

She mumbles before looking at me.

"May I see your sword?"

I start to draw Robb's sword but she quickly shakes her head.

"No, no. Dawn."

I feel confused as I slowly reach up and draw Dawn from it's scabbard on my back, holding the blade and handle in my hands and I present it to her. Melisandra moves to hold it but I pull away, shaking my head. She only nods before proceeding to graze the Valyrian Steel like blade with her fingertips.

"The sword forged from the heart of a falling star. As sharp and strong as Valyrian Steel.

"Mmhmm."

I nod as she moves her fingers away, allowing my to move Dawn away.

"That sword has been in your family's possession since before the last Long Night over 8,000 years ago. Before Aegon's Conquest, before everything, it seems."

Melisandra states and I have a feeling I know where she is going with all of this.

"That blade has been tempered in the blood of everything throughout the centuries. But now it's been tempered in the blood of lions, waters from the river Trident and rains of Westeros-"

"You're not really serious, are you?"

I cut her off, setting Dawn aside, leaning it against my chair as I fold my hands together.

"What do you mean?"

"I think you know what I mean."

Melisandra smiles a little before looking away with a sigh.

"'There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour, a warrior shall draw from the fire, a burning sword. And that sword shall be-'"

"Lightbringer. The Red Sword of Heroes."

I cut her off with a scoff as I shake my head.

"I know of Azor Ahai. But I know that a thousand other people across both continents tell the same story but with different names. You told Stannis Baratheon when he was alive that he would wield Lightbringer and destroy his enemies to bring the light."

I roll my eyes with a smile.

"But you were wrong about him, weren't you?"

I ask as a rhetorical question as Melisandra just looks down at the floor for a long time. Finally, the Red Woman looks back up into the dying flames in the hearth.

"The fires showed me victory and defeat when I was with Stannis. In a way, I wasn't wrong. Stannis did lose."

"Funny how things turn out, don't they?"

I remark and Melisandra looks looks from the fire and to me.

"And when Stannis lost, I lost my faith in Azor Ahai and the Lord of Light. But when I brought Jon Snow back from darkness, my faith was renewed. I realized that Stannis could never have been Azor Ahai. Azor Ahai was wrong this entire time."

I glance at her in confusion as she continues.

"The prophecy says that Azor Ahai would be the one to draw Lightnringer from the fire. But in recent times staring into the flames, I've seen things. I've seen dragons."

"What do dragons have anything to do with Azor Ahai?"

I question as her words of this prophecy confuses me beyond measure.

"The dragons are the key to it all."

"I thought you said that their were multiple keys."

I retort and Melisandra stops for a moment, looking at me in hesitation before finally continuing.

"When Aegon Targaryen came to Westeros three centuries ago, he brought with him, his sisters and their dragons. Three dragons."

"The way you're making this all sound, you seem to think three is a lucky number or something."

I chuckle with a smile but Melisandra looks serious about all of this.

"Don't you get it? Azor Ahai isn't just one man or woman, it's three. Three people to draw the sword, Lightbringer, and force the darkness darkness flee before them."

"You've certainly had some time to concoct this since I last saw you on Dragonstone, didn't you?"

The Red Woman's words are confusing. I've read stories of Azor Ahai. Hell, they used to be some of my favorite bedtime stories growing up. Old Nan would read prophecies to me as a child.

But with the Red Woman's words now, now I don't know what to believe.

"The Targayen sigil is that of a three-headed dragon. The Dragon must have three heads to defeat the coming darkness."

"And you believe Daenerys' dragons to be the three to defeat the darkness?"

She shakes her head at my question.

"No. Her dragons will serve their purpose as all things do. But the dragons I am referring to is her and two others."

"And you think me to be one of these dragons?"

I almost scoff.

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm not a Targayen. When we are married I will be in name."

"But you can command a dragon without even a drop of the blood of Valyria. You can see them in your dreams as you do Daenerys. You are a dragon, Evelyn Dayne. Whether or not you choose to believe my words is up to you."

Melisandra states before standing swiftly. And as soon as she does, the slow dying flames in the hearth finally die out.

"Valar Morghulis."

"All men must die."

I say and Melisandra nods with a small smile before leaving the room and myself behind.

The Red Woman's words make me question many things. Much of my thoughts are on the prophecy she foretold. The Azor Ahai. The Prince who was promised. I remember Daenerys' prideful smirk when Missandei corrected her translation of it to Prince or Princess who was promised.

But having the prince or princess who was promised contradicts Melisandra's words about how the Deagon must have three heads.

And if Daenerys and I are two of them, who is the third?

"Your Grace!"

An Unsullied barges through the door at a quick pace and I swiftly stand, recognizing the man as the guard I spoke to before questioning Ser Jaime back on Dragonstone.

"What is it? Is Daenerys okay? Is she safe?"

I ask a bit worriedly as a panicked sweat breaks out as the Unsullied shake his head.

"Queen Daenerys is safe. But a man came here to talk."

"What man? Who are you talking about?"

"The one handed man."

My eyes immediately narrow as I swiftly turn around, snatching Dawn from it's resting spot against my chair and I clutch the hilt tightly as I push my way past the Unullied, storming towards the great hall to meet the Lannister Lion.

~~~~~
A/N

Interesting stuff, eh? So what do you think: do you think Dawn is Lightbringer? Do you think our heroes will defeat the Night King and the dead? Let me know what you think!

Thank you all for reading this far and I hope you continue with your support. It means the world to me!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 62 9
Rhaegar Targaryen was the last dragon, but he wasn't like his father, the Mad King, but more like his sister Daenerys. "Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rha...
269K 6.6K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...
40.2K 1.4K 18
π‰π€π‚π€π„π‘π˜π’ π“π€π‘π†π€π‘π˜π„π descendant of Rhaenyra Targaryen, was adopted by Lord Ned Stark and brought to Winterfell. As the years went by...