Red Lights || HyunChan

By youngNfreeAstronAut

•Destined Souls series• Book 2 •"We are written in the stars"• "Tell me... you hate me. That you can't stan... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19. 🔞
Chapter 20
Chapter 21•
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
🔞Chapter 25🔞
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.

Chapter 7.

204 11 14
By youngNfreeAstronAut

I hate unnecessary attention. Why couldn't he just call to my desk or send someone else? If I'm getting fired, everybody will know beforehand; great. 

I didn't say a word. I placed the coffee down and stood up. Mr. Hwang didn't even look at me, he turned around before I could even move and started walking. The girls all eyed me wanting to know what the deal was, but I didn't even know it myself. 

The walk to his office was deadly awkward. We took the elevator, just him and me. His presence was very intimidating, strong. It wasn't the time to remember the incident, but it was all I could imagine. 

His facial expressions. 

The doors opened, he got out immediately, not even checking if I was still following him; he'd probably know without having to look back. 

Just like last time, the whole floor was almost empty; not a single soul could be heard. He opened his office's doors; of course, going in first. He didn't bother to hold one out of courtesy; lucky me I don't need his manners. 

"Take a sit" He commanded, cold tone. I sat down, he sat on his desk and rested his elbows over. He didn't look at me a single time. I felt absolutely intimidated, but I wasn't going to show it.

"Lee DaEun, right?" 

"Yes, sir" 

He's probably going to fire me. 

"Here, sign this" He handed me a paper, still not looking at me at all. I took it and read it quickly. 

-Promotion- 

"I'm sorry, sir, what is this?" 

"I'm promoting you." 

"What for?" 

"Weird. I thought people liked being promoted." He replied arrogantly. 

"Sorry, sir. I'm just curious to know why I'm getting promoted" I cleared my throat. 

"Doesn't matter. You're going to be my new assistant." 

"Oh, um, I really appreciate it, sir, but I wouldn't like to take mr. Yang's position." 

"That is nothing you should worry about. You start today"

What is he planning? 

"What about my current projects?" 

"Finish them. Your other tasks must be done by 5." 

I didn't understand his intentions, and the only reason I didn't say no, is because I need this job to pay for rent. I love my apartment and don't want to look somewhere else. Maybe he'll pay me more and I can go back to normal. 

"Yes sir. Thank you" I'm not really thankful, but I'll be polite. 

"You can go pick your stuff up" 

"Sir?" 

"You're moving up here, so hurry up, you have things to do." 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"DaEun! What did he say?" Of course they had to know, snitches.

"Nothing important" 

"Oh, come on. You're playing hard now? He clearly needed you for something! Are you fucking with him?" 

"What?! No! I don't even like him." 

"How can you not? He's so hot" 

"He's an asshole" 

She jumped and cover my mouth. "Shhhh! Don't say such words!" 

"Fine, fine, move!" I mumbled. 

"Did he fire you?!" one of them whispered, as I packed my few things in a box. 

"No. I'm going to be his assistant" 

"WHAT?!" They all yelled, lowering back their voices. "How did you do it? You must be giving it to him" 

"I'm not. He just called me and said that." 

"I mean, DaEun works really hard. Maybe if you all lazy bitches worked as hard, you'd also get promoted" One of them said. I giggled, it's true they don't work like I do. 

"Well, you better tell us how he tastes" 

"Oh my god, stop that. It's inappropriate" 

"You're such a grandma!" The all whined and complained. Maybe the only good thing about this weird sudden promotion was the fact that I wouldn't be doing their job. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I spent the rest of the day working like crazy, finishing projects and new work. For the first time during the day, I remembered Chan. I just hope my apartment is safe with him in there. 

I checked the clock, 4:55 pm, and I had finished all my tasks, old and new. Luckily, I didn't need mr. Hwang to explain anything, I just asked around. 

I wonder how Chan's day went. Probably better than mine, for sure. 

I double checked everything and got up from my chair, from my new desk, from my new office. It was the side office to his. I also got a pretty view from the city, but nothing like his view. 

Of course, and without him noticing it, I cleaned the shit out of the desk. God knows how many times he fucked with someone on top of this. I'm not too happy about it, believe me. 

"Sir, here." I handed him the drive. He raised his brows and looked at it, not me.

"You finished?" 

"Yes, sir" 

"...Everything?" 

"Yes" 

"Even your projects?" 

"Correct." 

He seemed annoyed; like if he wanted me to get stuck in here the whole night, but damn I wasn't going to. 

"Fine, you can go now" He waved his hand, taking the drive and putting it in his laptop. Little naïve me, thought he'd say thank you, but he didn't, of course. 

That was his only answer. I bowed, turned around and made my way to the door. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Chan?" I opened the door to my apartment, ready to see it burning down; but instead, it looked very veeeery clean. Did he do this? I don't remember cleaning this well. 

"Um... Mr, king, are you here?" 

"I told you Chan is just fine" I heard from the hallway, turning to find... a very naked Chan; I flinched and covered my eyes immediately. 

"My god! Put something on!" 

"My clothes got stained twice so I don't have clothes" He replied, unbothered. 

"Put a towel around... that! At least!" 

"Why do you make such a fuss for it? Human body is natural" 

"Everything is natural to you!" 

"So?" 

"Nowadays, you just don't walk around naked in front of other people! Here, put something on!" 

"What's this?"

"I bought you some clothes on my way home, those are well.. pants"

"What's with this fabric?" He frowned, even smelling it.

"Blue jeans? It's fashion right now"

"I don't like it"

"Sorry mr. King, that's what you'll have. Can you please put something on?" I once again covered my face, clearing my throat. "Here" I threw him the bag, "everything's yours". "Did you clean?"

"Yeah, I thought I could help, and I was bored so I grabbed your cleaning stuff. Do you label everything around here?"

"No" I laughed, "just for times like this, when a king from other timeline comes to visit."

"Very funny. What's with the white substance? It stained all my clothes horribly"

"God... chlorine? You don't bring your clothes close to that. Thank god those were old.."

"Sorry"

Of course I talked giving my back to him, since he still wasn't covering.

"It's.. alright, just put something on!"

He nodded, going back to the bathroom and changing to what I bought. I must admit he looks incredibly handsome with it.

"Did you eat?"

"Yes, I opened the door when you told me to and there was the food. It was delicious."

"I'm glad you liked it. If I'm luckier, I can cook for dinner tonight."

"Don't overwork yourself."

"It's okay, I'll just-" my phone suddenly started to ring; weird enough since no one ever calls me. I checked the number, but I didn't seem to have it saved.

"Hello?"

"What are you doing?"

"Um.. who is this?"

"You better save my number from now on, since you're my assistant"

"Mr Hwang?"

Chan's attention changed from his new clothes to the thing I was holding near my ear. He seemed to be triggered by my boss; who isn't, really? He came closer, too close I must say.

"Stop" I mouthed to him.

"Yes, it's me."

"Sorry sir, I'll save it right away." I rolled my eyes. "Did you nee-"

"I asked you a question"

"I'm... I was about to cook dinner-"

"Drop that, I need you to work on my agenda tonight."

"Your agenda?"

"I already sent you schedules and other info. I need you to arrange it better for me."

I really wanted to tell him to go fuck himself, I just got home from doing everything for him, but I couldn't find words, and I needed my job.

"Yes sir"

He hung up, of course. That man doesn't know how to say thank you or please.

"Sorry Chan, I'm gonna do this real quick and then start with dinner, okay?"

"Didn't you just get out of work?" He asked. It felt like dinner wasn't his issue, but the fact that mr Hwang called.

"Yeah, so?"

"Why would he make you work even after you came home?"

"I don't know... he actually made his assistant today, I guess it's payback from yesterday-"

"Don't allow him to make you work more than you already do, I don't care if he's your boss"

What's with his sudden protective reaction?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
8:30 and I haven't finished. His agenda is way more complicated that I thought, no wonder he's never around.

There was always something blocking other activities, I was gettin frustrated. Chan, luckily, had been playing with my phone, he was amazed by it. You've seen parents giving their phones to their babies to keep them distracted? That's how it felt.

Just when I though I was able to move correctly every schedule for him, my phone started ringing again, scaring Chan.

"I'm sorry I think I touched something" he came with the phone in hands, his reaction was cute.

"Don't worry, it's just a phone call." I took it and answered, tapping the speaker mode while I kept working. I waved Chan to be quiet.

"Hello?"

"You can't set any activity after 6 pm"

"Oh, I'm sorry sir, I just couldn't find-"

"You should do you job properly"

"I just didn't want your agenda to be so tight, sir"

"Nothing after six, Lee" he again, hung up.

I hate him. Chan seemed as disgusted as me, but for his own sake he decided to go do something else instead of listening to mr. Hwang. Lucky him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Fuck, it's 9:10, Chan must be starving, and I'm hungry too. I'll just cook something simple as soon as I finish with this, it's only a few more meetings and nothing more, even keeping his stupid after 6 time untouched.

I suddenly caught a delicious smell, which suddenly turned into burnt. Chan hadn't been around for a while, uh oh.

"Chan?!" I stood up and went to the kitchen, "what are you-?"

There he was, with a towel in hand blowing what seemed to be sauté onions. His struggling face was so funny I couldn't even get mad at the fact that he decided to cook without my permission or supervision.

"What are you doing?" I laughed, walking towards him and turning off the kitchen.

"I wanted to cook something"

"I know, I know, I'm sorry I haven't cooked anything, I'll just order something for you"

"It was for you." He scratched his head.

"For me?"

"You seemed very stressed and hungry, so I figured I could help."

That's nice of him, actually.

"It's fine" I chuckled, "thank you for the nice intention, maybe tomorrow I can show you how to not burn things down" I placed the pan in the sink and opened the water on it.

"I know how to cook, just not in these" he frowned, hilariously making confused faces.

I ended up ordering some food for both of us, which arrived not long after. I had managed to finish Hwang's stupid agenda, and since he didn't call back I took that as green light.

"I'm sorry for making you wait so long without eating" I apologized.

"I told you, don't worry about me, really. Im just an intruder" he recalled what I said before, joking.

"Thank you for trying to make something to eat for me, I... really appreciate it"

"Even if I burnt your kitchen?"

"Meh, could've been worse" I laughed. "It's fine." I stood up and started picking leftovers up. Chan immediately stood up and helped me, that's progress.

"Careful with the glass-!!" Chan raised his voice as I was about to step on his empty glass on the floor. I stumbled as I avoided to crush it with my bare feet, dropping the leftovers.

Before I slipped, Chan threw himself to me and catched me. His hands held my waist tightly, and our bodies were too close.

"Um..." I whispered. I got completely lost in his eyes, and it's the first time it happens to me. He looked at me deeply, without moving an inch.

"Are you okay?" He asked, voice low.

"Y-yeah... I just..-"

"Ehrm...I- I shouldn't have placed that glass there, sorry" he said.

"It's... fine" I was motionless.

I forced my body to snap out of it and move.

"I-I'll just put these in the fridge and go to sleep" I said. He slowly let go of me and picked up the glass on the floor.

"Okay... I'm gonna go sleep too." He replied.

"G-good night then.." I turned around, went to the kitchen and straight to my room without looking back a single time.

Why do I feel so nervous?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 180 20
You and Hyunjin have been best friends for a really long time already. You knew each other since the two of you were 15 Which means that you know St...
15.1K 1.2K 30
"[...] it's like I'm sabotaging myself, like I want to stop myself from being happy, like I'm no longer allowed to be happy. A way to atone for my gu...
63.4K 2.1K 54
Dreams. She got big dreams. Almost as high as the stars in the sky. She never doubt herself. She promised herself that she will fight for it no matte...
50.4K 1.5K 51
"But they are my kids," "No, they are my kids. I have raised them for the last five years by myself while you left and became an idol. All they...