The Perfect Storm 3

By Mandalev19

After tragedy has struck Madison and Miles in more ways than one, things start to change and so do their live... More

Coming soon
Chapter 200
Chapter 201
Chapter 202
Chapter 203
Chapter 204
Chapter 205
Chapter 206
Chapter 207
Chapter 208
Chapter 209
Chapter 210
Chapter 211
Chapter 212
Chapter 213
Chapter 214
Chapter 215
Chapter 216
Chapter 217
Chapter 218
Chapter 219
Chapter 220
Chapter 221
Chapter 222
Chapter 223
Chapter 224
Chapter 225
Chapter 226
Chapter 227
Chapter 228
Chapter 229
Chapter 230
Chapter 231
Chapter 232
Chapter 233
Chapter 234
Chapter 235
Chapter 236
Chapter 237
Chapter 238
Chapter 239
Chapter 240
Chapter 241
Chapter 242
Chapter 243
Chapter 244
Chapter 245
Chapter 246
Chapter 247
Chapter 248
Chapter 249
Chapter 250
Chapter 251
Chapter 252
Chapter 253
Chapter 254
Chapter 255
Chapter 256
Chapter 257
Chapter 258
Chapter 259
Chapter 260
Chapter 261
Chapter 262
Chapter 263
Chapter 264
Chapter 265
Chapter 266
Chapter 267
Chapter 268
Chapter 270
Chapter 271
Chapter 272
Chapter 273
Chapter 274
Chapter 275
Chapter 276
Chapter 277
Chapter 278
Chapter 279
Chapter 280
Chapter 281
Chapter 282
Chapter 283
Chapter 284
Chapter 285
Chapter 286
Chapter 287
Chapter 288
Chapter 289
Chapter 290
Chapter 291
Chapter 292
Chapter 293
Chapter 294
Chapter 295
Chapter 296
Bonus chapter 1: Miles's Story
Bonus Chapter 2: Miles's Story
Bonus Chapter 3: Miles's Story
Bonus Chapter 3
Bonus chapter 4: Miles's Story
Bonus Chapter 4
Bonus Chapter 5: Miles's Story

Chapter 269

818 24 5
By Mandalev19

I've been staring at Miles for what feels like an hour, those tired eyes speak more than any words he could ever tell me.

How did everything turn out so horribly?

"Come with me," Miles says, his eyes only on me, like they always are, on only me.

"She doesn't have to go anywhere with you," Jace speaks, and Miles's eyes move slowly toward him as if his eyes are an old clock wheel turning slowly and ruggedly.

"Jace," I breathe softly, "I want to go," my eyes look at him and I can tell that all I do when I part my lips are somehow hurt him, and I know I can't be a part of this cycle anymore, I don't want to involve him into any of this, I shouldn't have told him anything because I still haven't figured the way I feel about knowing that Miles and I won't be together after he finds out.

"Of course you do," Jace says surprisingly under his breath.

"You moved in with him and none of us knew." Jace says, his eyes on neither of us until he finally does look up, "How long have you been living with him?" His tone is firm but yet somehow gentle as his eyes peek up to look at me and Miles as we silently stare back at him.

"A month? three?"

"It hasn't even been a week," Miles replies calmly, his voice different than I remember, so fragile, so raspy, so boyish that I almost feel myself fall in love all over again.

Jace seems caught off guard and I can't help but let a small unnoticeable smile spread across my lips, Jace has always expected the worst; ever since Miles came into my life. Ever since then I know Jace's mind has been nothing but silent hate, and I've never really known toward which one of us he's directing it to.

"We should go," I say and both of them look at me, the last thing I want is for Jace to somehow spill out that I'm pregnant, I don't want Miles to find out right now, not like this, I never really thought about how I'd tell him something like this because I always knew it would never happen and now that it has, I feel panic flood over me from the thought alone.

I know Jace will only disapprove more from my words but as soon as the thought crosses my mind, he smiles at me, and with a small nod he parts his lip, "I hope I can--" he stops, glances at Miles, glances down and then back at me, "that I can see you at my wedding next month," cold runs through me like water in a stream and I feel nervous somehow, hurt and disappointed even though I know nothing in me belongs to Jace, somehow the idea of us I held so long is now finally, crumbling before me; something I knew I needed to see. I know I need to completely let go of Jace, he was never truly an option for me but somehow when things go wrong with Miles, I find myself thinking about just how effortless things could have been, but the truth is, I will never want Jace.

"Of course," I manage a smile, I'm glad that I have Miles, even though I don't know if I'll have him for much longer.

"You're sure she'll say 'yes'?" I ask but when I see the look in his eyes and the way the color shines when they meet mine, I instantly regret the words.

"Yes, because I know she loves me as much as I love you and I owe it to her to learn to love her back," he replies, and with that, the last of the image I've had of Jace and I, falls apart.

"HE TOLD YOU HE LOVED YOU," Miles states as I watch Jace in the rearview mirror, I know that a painfully long journey awaits before us as we're only a few feet past Jace's house and the gravel, trees and the emptiness of Ohio greet us as we continue the drive.

I'm not sure what Miles wants to hear or why his words sound like a mixture between a question and something else that I can't depict, but all I can reply with is a small 'yes' as I continue to stare outside my window. 

I never would have left with Miles, I would have stayed, slept over at Jace's house, anything to get away from the hurt between the two of us. it's something I've known to recognize too well, and something I know will eventually . . . one day turn into something less chaotic; something beautiful.

The only reason I'm even here is because of the panic inside me that doesn't want any of this to be in Miles's mind, I don't want him to be aware of any of this.

Miles is right, he did tell me he loved me, and he told me everything was okay, me being pregnant and even me leaving his necklace behind and telling him it doesn't belong to me, but yet as soon as he had more time; more time to relive my words, more time to imagine, more time to see Miles, he seemed to change, but not with everything he said before, but with his image of me and Miles. I know Jace will probably never be okay with any of this, but I'm ready to put it behind me, Jace knows how I feel and as long as we never mention any of this again, everything will be okay, if we can ever do that.

I hear Miles's voice, but the words he said don't register and I find myself not replying or asking him to repeat his words, all I can think about how much everything will change and how much I don't want it to. The doctor said I'm almost a week pregnant and I don't know how much longer I can keep this safe; tucked away with me somewhere Miles can't find, and I know deep down he doesn't deserve that.

I know Miles isn't going to repeat what he said because something tells me it took everything in him to say it once and twice is going to be impossible.

"Can we visit Becky?" I ask I need something; anything, I can't go back to that house with Miles, I don't want to be all alone with him and my thoughts. and there's too much I want and need to say to him that I know will only spiral in the wrong direction.

everything goes silent and all I hear is a raspy, "sure," from Miles.

I don't reply and instead, I watch the window, the situation between us feels odd somehow and yet I can't put my finger on it, it's as if we're both dealing with too much that we aren't saying out loud, something we're only keeping to ourselves and I know that eventually, it will spiral but right now, all I want to do is close my eyes and think about how beautiful Jace's wedding will be and just how much I wish that one day, Jace and Miles will accept each other for what they really are; the most important people I have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 360 16
Youre a new girl in a new town. You move next door to a bad boy with a secret past. You end up going to the same high school and have the same classe...
799K 24.3K 51
Sam was damaged and truly believed she wasn't worth fixing. Shes ready to run from her past and her first year away at college will be her chance. Wh...
140K 2.9K 21
Brooke was not living The Life. With high school, Friends, and now she was engaged to the school's very own bad boy. How will she manage? A tale of h...
87.8K 5.2K 42
After his departure from Michigan and Precious, Chris had found himself in New York, hoping to try and work more on himself and end his constant stru...