Hear No Secrets

Per ShellMarie35

Gymnast Chloe Lang felt her world crumbling down the day she got injured at the olympics. The doctors told he... Més

Hear No Secrets
Hear No Secrets: Prologue
Hear No Secrets Chapter 1
Hear No Secrets Chapter 2
Hear No Secrets Chapter 3
Hear No Secrets Chapter 4
Hear No Secrets Chapter 5
Hear No Secrets Chapter 6
Hear No Secrets Chapter 7
Hear No Secrets Chapter 8
Hear No Secrets Chapter 9
Hear No Secrets Chapter 10
Hear No Secrets Chapter 11
Hear No Secrets Chapter 12
Hear No Secrets Chapter 13
Hear No Secrets Chapter 14
Hear No Secrets Chapter 15
Hear No Secrets Chapter 16
Hear No Secrets Chapter 17
Hear No Secrets Chapter 18
Hear No Secrets Chapter 19
Hear No Secrets Chapter 20
Hear No Secrets Chapter 21
Hear No Secrets Chapter 22
Hear No Secrets Chapter 23
Hear No Secrets Chapter 24
Hear No Secrets Chapter 25
Hear No Secrets Chapter 27
Hear No Secrets Chapter 28
Hear No Secrets Chapter 29
Hear No Secrets Chapter 30
Hear No Secrets Chapter 31
Hear No Secrets Chapter 32
Hear No Secrets Chapter 33
Hear No Secrets Chapter 34
Hear No Secrets Chapter 35
Hear No Secrets Chapter 36
Hear No Secrets Chapter 37
Hear No Secrets Chapter 38
Hear No Secrets Chapter 39
Hear No Secrets Chapter 40
Hear No Secrets Chapter 41
Hear No Secrets Chapter 42
Hear No Secrets Chapter 43
Hear No Secrets Chapter 44
Hear No Secrets Chapter 45
Hear No Secrets Chapter 46
Hear No Secrets Chapter 47
Hear No Secrets Chapter 48
Hear No Secrets Chapter 49
Hear No Secrets Chapter 50
Hear No Secrets Epilogue

Hear No Secrets Chapter 26

314 13 0
Per ShellMarie35

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark
Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Note: Here is the next chapter!! I will continue updating only about once a week because of school, but I hope you like this story and I hope there are still people reading.

so please vote comment and fan!

and last but not least, enjoy! :D

Chapter 26

“Chloe Lang!”

            It was the beginning of the competition and I was the first one to go for the beam. After last night I felt even better about the competition. When all the other girls went up to their room, Nicole and I stayed down in the lobby talking. It felt just like old times. Today both of us are ready to win this competition. Nicole was best on beam and vault and I was best at bars and hopefully today I will prove myself on the floor too. I flipped onto the beam and began my routine. I always tried not to think too much while I was on the beam. Peter always said that I’m the type of person that would fall if I started to over think everything about the routine. I tried to block out the audience and the judges and just tried to have a good time. I lost my balance twice, but quickly recovered and ended the routine well.

“That was great!” Peter hugged me.

“Yeah but I fell twice.”

“It was still good, don’t doubt yourself.”

I waited for my score then sat back down next to a couple other gymnasts.

“That was great,” Nicole said, sitting next to me.

“Yeah but it was the first. All the other gymnasts are going to do right past it.”

“It’s okay because you’ll pass them later.”

“True,” I smiled, “Good luck.”

“You too.”

            That was the last time we saw each other through the rest of the first round. The first round ended at around noon and all the gymnasts and their coaches went to the cafeteria to get some lunch. The second round wasn’t going to start until around two o’clock. Mom and I sat down at a table with Nicole and her friends and we waited for Peter to come back with some food. My handed me my phone.

“It keeps ringing,” she said, “I think it’s Grant.”

I smiled, “Thanks mom.”

Sure enough, it was Grant texting me.

You were amazing. Even Darren’s impressed.

I laughed and texted back, I’m amazed. Lol thank you.

How’s your break?

Better now. I’m talking to you. 

Good 

How’s the hospital?

Still boring.

“How is he?” Mom asked, “Still in the hospital?”

I nodded, “He’s bored but him and Darren are watching the TV so they can see me.”

“I feel so bad for them,” Mom said, “Those poor kids.”

“They’re not kids mom, but I know what you mean. That’s why I told them we were going to help. Grant argued, but I needed to help. I don’t want something to happen because they can’t afford it.”

“We’ll help as long as you want sweetie. Make sure they know that.”

“I will,” I smiled.

“I’m glad his surgery went well.”

“Me too,” I replied, “But I’m nervous.”

“Because things won’t be the same?” she asked.

“Exactly. It’s gonna take getting used to. I was just getting used to the way things are now. Like communicating with him and always having to look at him so he can read my lips and texting because he can’t talk on the phone. Now we have this new obstacle.”

“Honey it will be fine. This boy loves you and I know you love him. You’re a strong girl. This obstacle will be easier than you think it will be.”

“Yeah you’re right.”

“I’ll go help Peter. You better text him back.”

I smiled, “Okay.”

Good thing you have me to talk to now I texted back.

You’ve saved me from Darren telling me all about Lana.

They’re still dating?!

Yes and whenever there’s a commercial, he tells me about it.

I’m happy for them though. I haven’t had time to talk to her so I don’t know what she thinks about it.

I don’t want to get into their dating gossip. I’d rather talk about us.

I smiled, Us? What about us?

Like the fact that I’m taking you out when we get back.

You are? Why? And where?

That’s a surprise  it’ll be a congratulations dinner.

I haven’t even won yet.

You will and when you do I want to be the first one to congratulate you.

I’ll remember that. Thank you 

I’m your boyfriend what else am I supposed to do?

That’s true. I love you for that.

I love you too.

“Earth to Chloe?”

Nicole was waving her hand in front of my face.

I snapped out of the trance I was in, “What? Sorry.”

She laughed, “You’re really out of it.”

I smiled, “I was just texting.”

“What was it that you and your mom were just talking about? About him?”

“It’s nothing,” I said, “His family’s just going through a hard time and he’s still in the hospital.”

“It’s probably not easy being with him is it?”

“It is though. I can talk to him so easily. He’s not the type of guy anyone expected me to end up with, but it’s really working. We started hating each other but eventually became friends then best friends before admitting that we had any other feelings for each other. I don’t have to try unlike with everyone else where I have to watch what I say in case it ends up on the internet. Everyone just assumes it wouldn’t be easy because he’s deaf, but deaf is not an obstacle. It’s not a barrier that holds people apart. Not enough people realize that.”

“I had a feeling the guy for you wasn’t going to be normal.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Come on,” she said, “You know what I mean. Did you ever think the guy for me would be normal?”

“Of course not,” I replied, “I pictured him as being a fellow athlete. Someone who understands your hectic schedule.”

“Exactly,” she said, “And I pictured the guy for you as being someone different. Especially after your accident because a normal person wouldn’t understand it but either would an athlete. You needed someone different who would understand.”

“And that’s what I found,” I smiled.

“Here’s the food,” Peter and my mom finally came to our table with the food.

Nicole and I stopped our conversation so we could eat and started getting back into the gymnastics zone. I texted Grant back and told him I had to go.

Break’s almost over I hit send on my phone.

Good luck he texted back.

            While we ate all of us sat around talking. Nicole and I finished first because we had the least on our plates. We sat down next to each other by our bags in the locker room and talked.

“Time to get our heads back into the competition.”

“Whitney’s at the top in first, you’re in third and I’m in fifth,” I said.

“If we both stay where we’re at or move up in the next round we’ll be fine,” Nicole said.

I took a deep breath, “And I end with floor.”

“And don’t forget she changed the schedule,” she added, “They’re ending the competition today instead of dragging it on to tomorrow.”

“We’re not gonna get done until like 10 o’clock,” I complained.

She laughed, “It’ll be worth it when we make the team.”

“And when I beat Whitney.”

“I doubt that will happen.”

            I tuned my head to the door and Whitney was standing there. She had one hand on her hip and the other on the door frame.

“Oh trust me,” I stood up, “I plan on beating you.”

“Your best event is bars and your last is floor. You have never wowed in the floor event and unless you can, there’s no way you’ll even place second.”

“I’m not the gymnast I was before Whitney,” I snapped, “I’m going to go out there and give the performances of my life. If my predictions are correct, you’re the one that should be worried about placing.”

I left the locker room without saying another word and Nicole followed.

“I’ve never seen that side of you before,” Nicole said.

“I can’t help it I just got so mad. I’m tired of being judged based on the gymnast I used to be before the accident.”

She put her hand on my shoulder, “Don’t let her get to you. Don’t let anyone get to you. Just go out there and do your thing. I know you have it in you to win.”

“Thanks,” I smiled, “Now it’s really time to get my head in the game.”

“I’ll leave you alone,” she said and left me to sit by myself.

            I pulled out my iPod and played Kelly Clarkson’s Stronger. I have to know this song backwards and forwards if I want to win. I sat with all the other gymnasts waiting for the competition to start again. I didn’t talk to anybody or even take out my phone. We were all called back into the gym when the competition was starting. The cameras were all back on and we got warmed up. I got myself prepared by blocking everyone else out. I was in my own world.

            As the day of competition went on, I found it harder and harder to stay in focus. I was worn out and exhausted as were the other competitors. I couldn’t keep my head in the competition. There were only two events left. I put my hands on my head and sat down on the chair in frustration. Tears were pouring out of my eyes.

Peter stood in front of me, “Chloe calm down. You can do this.”

I shook my head as he continued trying to calm me down.

“I know you’re exhausted, but this could be it. Your last chance to get that gold medal and I know your knee hurts and your back is probably killing you, but block all that out. Get back into your world.”

I shook my head, “I can’t.”

“Fine.”

            I looked up and he was walking to my bag. He picked up my phone and starting calling someone.

“What are you doing?” I asked him.

He shushed me and handed me my phone, “Talk to them. Now.”

I took the phone and put it up to my ear, “Hello?”

“If you give up now,” I heard Mia on the line, “I’ll drive over there and kill you!”

I let out a small laugh, “Thanks Mia.”

“I’m serious,” she said, “You’re meant for this.”

“You are,” I heard Lana say, “You can do it.”

“Promise me one thing,” Mia said.

“What’s that?” I asked.

“I want you to ignore your pain right now. Ignore the exhaustion and step out on that floor and give 100 percent in those routines. Don’t do it to win. Do it for yourself.”

I smiled and stayed silent for a while and listened to everything around me.

“Chloe Lang answer me right now!”

I sighed, “Okay.”

“You promise?”

I nodded, “I promise.”

“Good. Now hang up the phone and go perform.”

“You can do this,” Lana added, “We love you.”

“I love you too,” I smiled, “Thanks.”

I hung up the phone and gave it back to Peter.

“So?”

“I’m ready,” I smiled, “I’ll regret it if I don’t.”

Peter smiled, “Good for you.”

“Just one question, am I as good of a gymnast as I was before?”

Peter shook his head, “You’re better than you were before. You’re stronger.”

THE END CHAPTER 26!!!!

feedback??

vote comment and fan!!

what do you want to happen?

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

434 3 15
On the day of her gymnastics competition, Hailey is faced with a shocking new reality. A reality which is sure to change her whole world.
27.4K 434 24
A not so typical high school romance that is about a high school gymnastics team and their lives.
33.2K 920 17
Zoey is a gymnast, and the Jr. Olympics are right around the corner. Just when she thinks things are going to get better for her, something else happ...