Game of Thrones || The Sword...

By RickyAdams9

UNDER MAJOR EDITING AT THE CURRENT TIME* Ser Arthur Dayne of Starfall was the greatest knight the Seven Kingd... More

Cast
Dawn
Stories
"The Man Who Passes the Sentence Should Swing the Sword"
The Runts of the Litter
The King's Arrival
The Kingslayer
A Dothraki Wedding and Honeymoon
Words of War
Wishful for a Good Fight or Death
Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things
Wolves, Lions and Excuses
A Golden Crown and Bloodied Hands
Betrayal of the Obvious Traitor
The Cry for War
Planning
The Green Fork
The Whispering Woods
The Quiet Wolf put to Rest
The King in the North
The Bleeding Star
"You hold the reigns"
A Dayne at War
On The Move
To Finally See Her Grace
To Conquer a Mountain
Riling the Lion
Talk of Victory and Life
The Prideful Little Lion
The Second Battle of the Ruby Ford
The Black Lion Roars
A Dayne, A Lion, and Second Sons
Work That Leads to Nothing
Cornered
The Plan
Jenny of Oldstones
"Make It Yours"
Battle of the Flood Bowl
A Brother and Sister Reunited
Staines That Do Not Wash
A Frey and a Trout
Distractions
A Red Wedding
A Sign in the Stars
"You want it darker"
Cider and Dead Kings
The Red Mountains
Starfall
Blood of my Blood
Deadly Secrets
Dragon Troubles
Darkstar
The Dayne Slayer
Breakthrough
The Sword of the Morning
East
Angry Snakes
The Art of Compromise
Dragon Dreams
Stone Men of Old Valyria
"Slavery-free" City of Yunkai
A Different Kind of Cat
A Dance With a Dayne and a Dragon
Horselords
The Champion of the Braided Bloodrider
Past Events and Unspoken Emotions
Reborn Through Fire and Blood
Bloodriders for Her Majesty
A Forgotten Will
Love Under the Stars
A New Dawn
A City on the Rise
A Brave New World
Dragonstone
The King in the North Arises Once More
The Mantle of Responsibility
"What You Would Do If You Lost"
"Never Let Go"
The Bait
The Battle of Shipbreaker Bay
The Queen of the Torrentine
Siege
Old Vendettas
The Song of the North
No Mercy
Lost Enough
A Brother and Sister Reunited II
A New War
The Mormont Returns
Secrets and Banter
A Promise
Fall
"The Monsters Are Real"
What They Have
Set Dates
What They Need
Deal Broker
A Knight, A Warrior, and A Lover At Heart
The North Remebers
Slow Dancing
The Lords and Ladies of the North
The Key
Prophecies
Oathkeeper
Ghosts of Winters Past
The Wary She-Wolf
Dragon Riders
An Ever-shifting Future
Burying a Hatchet
An Understanding
A Way Through
The Bridge of Skulls
Shattered Hope
Not Invincible
"It Only Gets Worse Before It Gets Better"
An Old Face from an Old Life
Visions of the Flames
Hard Truths
Bloodletting
The Long Night
The Long Night II
The Long Night III

Warm Again

1.8K 104 12
By RickyAdams9

~~Daenerys Targaryen~~

My mind is completely blank as my tears have frozen to my face. But despite the frigid winds and the terrible temperature, I am not cold.

I don't feel like myself.

I feel as if a dagger has been plunged in my heart and twisted. I feel anger and hate for the White Walkers and I feel agony and sorrow for what I lost. Evelyn was my whole world and he took that from me.

The Night King has proven to me just how dangerous he and the undead are. By taking my love, he has sealed his own death.

I stare blankly beyond the Wall in the watchtower, the harsh winds blowing my ruined braids wildly as I refuse to move. I hear footsteps behind me and a throat clear.

"Daenerys..."

I hear Jon's voice break as he too is devasted.

"We cannot stay here... We-"

"We leave when I say we leave, not before."

I mutter quietly, still staring at the nothingness beyond the Wall as fresh tears fall to join the frozen trails of the previous ones.

"I know that-"

"What exactly do you know, Jon Snow? Do you have any idea what Evelyn is to me..."

My words die in my throat as a sob escapes instead, and I bury my face in my gloved hands, my tears almost immediately freezing as my sorrowful cries mix with the howling wind of the Wall.

"I'm sorry, Daenerys...I truly am. But we have to go."

Jon whispers and I nod hesitantly. I look back beyond the Wall one more time and turn around, using any willpower I have left not to just leap from the Wall right now and end it. I can't stand to even still be breathing without...

"I see something!"

Someone shouts from the other watchtower on the Wall and I turn sharply, looking out with wide eyes as I see a horse trot towards the Wall.

My heart pounds in my chest as happy and sad tears stream down my cheeks as I dash out of the watchtower, making my way back down before reaching the gate.

Ser Jorah and that Tormund Giantsbane quickly open up the gates as the horse trots in, a body hunched over it before falling to the ground.

"Evelyn!"

I half scream, rushing to her as I see her eyes are barely opening before I hear her soft and barely audible mumbles.

"D-Dany... F-Find..find h-her.."

"I'm here, my love!"

I cry out before swiftly looking at the others.

"Help me with her!"

I wrap one of her arms around my shoulders, grunting in effort as I try to lift her on my own before Jon takes her other arm and we begin to carry her.

"We have to get the ship ready! Go!"

~~~~~

Jon and I bardge into the bedchambers that Evelyn and I had used previously and we immediately set her on the bed.

The bear fur over her leather armor is practically frozen as I quickly try tearing it off. It comes apart in my hands as I begin to hurriedly but carefully take off her clothes.

Her cold breath shows in the air as even in her slumber she shivers from the cold. My heart breaks as I peal off her shirt. I've seen every one of her scars, mapped out each one along with the rest of her body on an intimate scale. But it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt seeing them.

Countless scrapes and scratches, a few stab wounds on her abs and burn marks. The long slashes from the whips from the Masters and Dothraki, the jagged scar she got from the Red Wedding that runs from her jaw to her neck. One across her cheek from her duel with Darkstar... the scar over her eye from the Kingslayer...

The large purple and blue brushes spread across a large portion of her chest and her arms, making me sob even more.

Gods, so many scars but they don't show the true depth of her suffering that Evelyn has been through.

I quickly move the thick heavy furs over her bare body, watching as she unconsciously snuggle further into them. She still has the necklace with the ruby on it.

The ship rocks slightly and my sons roar outside, but the cabin is silent. Evelyn's breathing is what I focus on as I stare at her seemingly frozen body.

My body aches as I sit in a chair beside the bed, moving it to be closer to her as Jon sits on the other side of the bed, silence eating away at the both of us.

And so we wait in silence. I've stitched up her arm, crying while doing so as cold blood seaps out before I wipe it away.

For hours, I hardly even blink as I just stare at Evelyn's face, seeing her chest rise and fall gently as a worried and scared look still looks frozen to her face.

"I wish we'd never gone."

Jon finally speaks and I shake my head, but refusing to leave me gaze from her.

"No...I... I feel like my world was torn apart. But with her back here again, I feel like that part of me that was torn away is there again... I wish I had just listened to you..."

I mutter as I look at Jon apologetically.

"You couldn't have known, Daenerys. You had every right and reason not to believe me about the White Walkers."

He says with no blame in his words but I can't help but blame myself for this, for Evelyn's suffering.

"It's something you have to see to believe it... That monster only proved his existence further by taking what I hold dearest to my heart.."

I whisper as more tears fall once again. I sniffle a bit, rubbing my eyes before looking at Jon with a determined look.

"He will pay. With fire and blood, the Night King will pay dearly, I swear."

I mutter angrily as Jon seems relieved to hear it as he nods, looking back down to Evelyn as I do the same. We sit once again in silence as the only sound in the air is the steady rocking off the ship and Evelyn's soft breathing.

"Our mother never liked either of us.."

Jon starts and I look at him as he shrugs a little.

"Well, Lady Catelyn wasn't our mother. But she didn't like me or Evelyn, me least of all. Evelyn, me, Theon..we were just bastards in her eyes."

He mutters, sounding angry at the memory of Lady Stark.

"Evelyn said once that she didn't like her either. She said that her actions during the War of the Five Kings cost them everything."

"It did. She let Jaime Lannister go in exchange for my sisters. A man without honor was exchanged for two girls, one of whom was gone."

Jon shakes his head, sighing a bit.

"My father was always kind to Evelyn."

I smile at that a little, shifting a little to listen in as Jon continues to tell stories about my love.

"Robb and her butted heads now and again but they were family, through and through. Evelyn was always closest with me and Arya, though. Growing up, before we were even ten, Evelyn would sneak out of lessons with the Septa to ride horses and learn swordplay with me and Robb."

He laughs at the memories as I can only imagine Evelyn as a happy child playing at being a knight instead of Lady.

"Tell me more."

I say with a smile as he nods with one as well.

"But everything she did, she was scolded by Lady Catelyn for. Climbing trees and the Broken Tower at Winterfell, scraping her knees and getting cuts on her hands and fingers, breaking her nose.."

Jon laughs as my eyes widen with a grin.

"She broke her nose?"

"Yes, she did. Evelyn was doing chores as a few stable boys attacked her. One hit her with a spade right across the face, hence, breaking her nose."

"What happened next?"

I ask, finding myself leaning closer to listen as this is a story that Evelyn hasn't told me.

"Well, Robb and I heard a commotion at the stables and we took off towards it, you know, because we were both boys and idiots that ran into things head first."

I chuckle at that as he smiles.

"When we got there, there were four boys on the ground, all with bruised and bloody faces and Evelyn was standing over them with bloody knuckles. When she turned to the two of us she smiled. But Robb mentioned her nose and how ugly it was and she started to ball."

Jon laughs.

"A broken nose and a beating but she only cried when he mentioned how ugly her nose looked."

"..Thanks for telling her this, areshole...."

My eyes widen as we both snap our heads down at the bed to see Evelyn's eyes open, her staring at me and Jon.

"Evelyn!"

Without even thinking, I crash into her chest.

"Are you okay? Are you warm enough? Tell me if there's something I can do, honey. I-"

"I'm okay.."

She mutters, groaning as she tries to sit up. I put my hands on her shoulders, softly pushing her back down.

"No, you're not."

"I am... But I'm not okay with this arsehole telling you lies about me."

She says with a faint smile, pointing at Jon as he chuckles, shaking his head.

"In all considerations, your nose looks significantly better now."

"Fuck you.."

"I love you too, Sister."

Jon chuckles as he leans down, gently placing a kiss on her forhead before standing, looking back to me.

"I'll leave you both to it."

He smiles warmly before leaving me and Evelyn, closing the door behind him.

"So, did you really break your nose as a child?"

"Ughh..."

She groans as I chuckle, taking her hands in mine, rubbing soft circles on the back of her hands.

"Are we moving right now?"

She asks softly and I nod.

"We're on the ship. We're going back home, Evelyn."

"Home..."

She mutters quietly before squeezing my hand softly.

"I'm already home."

My heart melts at that as I let out a happy laugh, leaning down and placing a kiss on her lips.

Suddenly, Evelyn pulls me forward with a surprising show of strength as she pulls me on top of her.

"Evelyn, you're-"

"You're sleeping with me and I don't care what you have to say on the matter."

She mutters, pushing me down onto the bed before I can even take my boots off. She struggles to pull back the furs and I do it for her, kicking off my boots and taking my Wildling coat and my chain off before getting underneath the furs, feeling her cold yet warm bare body against me.

"So..what now?"

Evelyn asks and I look into her eyes, seeing that lovely spark in them that I fell for all those years ago but just didn't know it.

"We'll be going home to gather everyone. And then, you're going home."

"I am home."

"To Winterfell, I mean."

I say and her eyes widen slightly and a smile spreads across her lips.

"I'm taking you home."

She whispers softly before snuggling into the crook of my neck, sighing in content, kissing my neck softly.

"I love you."

She whisper against my neck and my heart melts and I feel pure joy and happiness having my love back in my arms again, finally feeling warmth in such a cold place.

"I love you, too."

"If you steal the blankets on our journey back, Dany, I swear I'll just have to..."

She stops before leaning towards my ear, whispering to me just what she would do to me and I cross my legs, grinning at her boldness.

"Maybe I just might if that is a promise that you'll do those things to me."

She groans a little at my deflection before snuggling back into my neck, making me chuckle warmly as I pull the thick heavy furs up around us higher, sighing happily.

I'm warm and happy again.

~~~~~
A/N

Yay! Evelyn is back in Dany's arms where she's supposed to be! Hope you all enjoy!

You may be wondering what's the plan from here and it us rather simple. Considering that Cersei has almost nothing in terms of manpower to offer to help fight the Night King, you'd think that they wouldn't meet with her. But Evelyn will have a few demands to make after a certain conversation with a certain Kingslayer.

Hope you all enjoy!!

Thank you all so much for reading!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 530 15
𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘸𝘰. 𝘚𝘪𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘝𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭. 𝘋𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘴...
11.1K 547 53
In the wake of the flames forbear, the House of the Dragon stakes it rightful claim and hereditary with Fire and Blood against House Pendragon. Upon...
269K 6.6K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...
13.7K 615 25
The sweet butterfly of House Targaryen narrowly escaped with her life as the rebellion came to an end. Hidden in the sand, she emerged a dragon with...