Game of Thrones || The Sword...

By RickyAdams9

UNDER MAJOR EDITING AT THE CURRENT TIME* Ser Arthur Dayne of Starfall was the greatest knight the Seven Kingd... More

Cast
Dawn
Stories
"The Man Who Passes the Sentence Should Swing the Sword"
The Runts of the Litter
The King's Arrival
The Kingslayer
A Dothraki Wedding and Honeymoon
Words of War
Wishful for a Good Fight or Death
Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things
Wolves, Lions and Excuses
A Golden Crown and Bloodied Hands
Betrayal of the Obvious Traitor
The Cry for War
Planning
The Green Fork
The Whispering Woods
The Quiet Wolf put to Rest
The King in the North
The Bleeding Star
"You hold the reigns"
A Dayne at War
On The Move
To Finally See Her Grace
To Conquer a Mountain
Riling the Lion
Talk of Victory and Life
The Prideful Little Lion
The Second Battle of the Ruby Ford
The Black Lion Roars
A Dayne, A Lion, and Second Sons
Work That Leads to Nothing
Cornered
The Plan
Jenny of Oldstones
"Make It Yours"
Battle of the Flood Bowl
A Brother and Sister Reunited
Staines That Do Not Wash
A Frey and a Trout
Distractions
A Red Wedding
A Sign in the Stars
"You want it darker"
Cider and Dead Kings
The Red Mountains
Starfall
Blood of my Blood
Deadly Secrets
Dragon Troubles
Darkstar
The Dayne Slayer
Breakthrough
The Sword of the Morning
East
Angry Snakes
The Art of Compromise
Dragon Dreams
Stone Men of Old Valyria
"Slavery-free" City of Yunkai
A Different Kind of Cat
A Dance With a Dayne and a Dragon
Horselords
The Champion of the Braided Bloodrider
Past Events and Unspoken Emotions
Reborn Through Fire and Blood
Bloodriders for Her Majesty
A Forgotten Will
Love Under the Stars
A New Dawn
A City on the Rise
A Brave New World
Dragonstone
The King in the North Arises Once More
The Mantle of Responsibility
"What You Would Do If You Lost"
"Never Let Go"
The Bait
The Battle of Shipbreaker Bay
The Queen of the Torrentine
Siege
Old Vendettas
The Song of the North
No Mercy
Lost Enough
A Brother and Sister Reunited II
The Mormont Returns
Secrets and Banter
A Promise
Fall
"The Monsters Are Real"
Warm Again
What They Have
Set Dates
What They Need
Deal Broker
A Knight, A Warrior, and A Lover At Heart
The North Remebers
Slow Dancing
The Lords and Ladies of the North
The Key
Prophecies
Oathkeeper
Ghosts of Winters Past
The Wary She-Wolf
Dragon Riders
An Ever-shifting Future
Burying a Hatchet
An Understanding
A Way Through
The Bridge of Skulls
Shattered Hope
Not Invincible
"It Only Gets Worse Before It Gets Better"
An Old Face from an Old Life
Visions of the Flames
Hard Truths
Bloodletting
The Long Night
The Long Night II
The Long Night III

A New War

2.1K 97 0
By RickyAdams9

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

I groan in pain as Jon and Daenerys help me into the rowboat to take us to shore. The rest of the fleet carrying the Dornish and Dothraki also board rowboat to row to shore.

"Careful, love."

"I am being care-"

I stub my foot on one of the boards, sending a sharp pain up my entire leg.

"Fuck!"

Jon chuckles as he takes my hand, helping me over without hurting myself even further.

"Not funny, Jon."

"I thought it was."

I nudge his shoulder as Daenerys climbs on with Greyworm and a few others tk help us along.

Jon's words of the White Walkers still sits in the back of my mind. The stories Old Nan told us all those years ago could be true. I'm not exactly sure at the moment where I stand on the matter. No one has seen the Walkers in thousands of years since the Age of Heros.

But I trust Jon.

~~~~~

"A new war you say?"

"Yes, Your Grace. They're the same ones I told you about."

We sit around the carved table of Westeros inside the castle. Those damn stairs leading to the castle were a nightmare to get up.

"I like you, Jon Snow. But I'm not sure if I believe you."

Daenerys states, narrowing her eyes at Jon across the table. I take her hand in mine gently, making her look at me.

"Please, just hear him out."

Daenerys huffs a cute huff, nodding.

"I have allowed you to mine the Dragonglass here on Dragonstone. You say that it's the only thing that can kill these things?"

Jon nods.

"Yes, Your Grace. That, and I've found that Valyrian Steel can kill them as well, along with fire."

"So you are trying to convince me that the dead are up and walking and are preparing to march on the Seven Kingdoms?"

Daenerys raises a brow, looking thoroughly unconvinced as Jon sighs.

"I know it's hard to believe, Daenerys... But I have lost plenty of friends to the Walkers. I know they're real. And make no mistake on this, Daenerys. The dead are coming."

Dany doesn't narrow her eyes as much, but only seems half convinced. I squeeze her hand, making her look back at me.

"My love, this is my brother. The damn bastard is as stubborn as his father and just as honorable."

I smile at Jon, making him smile back in appreciation.

"Jon has never told a lie in his life. He couldn't tell a lie to save his life."

I joke and Daenerys chuckles along with a few that are in the room. Daenerys smiles, nodding.

"I can't say that I believe you fully, Jon Snow. But my love trusts you and I trust her judgment. Is there a way that you can prove that the army of the dead is real?"

She asks and Jon goes silent, dipping his head down on thought. We wait for some time, waiting for Jon to say something.

"The first Wight I ever killed was at Castle Black, saving Lord Commander Mormont."

My eyes perk up at the mention of a Mormont. Jon takes off his glove on his right hand, showing his palm to us all. There's a fading mark but it's still there.

"I burned my hand throwing an oil lamp at it. The Wight was burned. One of my best friends, Samwell Tarly, killed a White Walker with a Dragonglass dagger."

My eyes widen slightly at the name. Another Tarly. I had just executed that man's father and he doesn't even know. Jon looks at me sadly, probably seeing the regret on my face.

"How many Northmen do you have that can face this threat?"

Tyrion asks and Jon looks down at the table in silence for a moment before shaking his head.

"Without your support...15,000, barely."

"And how many do you think the army of the dead has?"

I ask and Jon looks at me, his eyes holding slight fear in them.

"The Night King has millions, it seemed. It's entirely possible he has a million because the Walkers have been around since the previous Long Night. They've had time to prepare and wait.

Silence fills the room as one of the candles on the table smuffs out, making us all stare at the dark candle in surprised silence.

The North and the Realm itself would bleed if we didn't help. I look at Daenerys with serious eyes.

"Dany... We have to help."

"The war with Cersei isn't over."

"But you just said it was to me the other day."

I find myself glaring unintentionally at Daenerys who in turn glares right back. But almost as if we both realize we're almost arguing, we both drop our glares. Daenerys shakes her head a little, sighing.

"I am not marching North with just my good intentions. I can't take this information upon faith that it is true."

"Then how can I prove it, Your Grace? How can I prove to you that the dead are real?"

Jon asks in frustration and it all seems to come to a stall. This conversation seems to be getting nowhere.

"Fucking hell, you two are both stubborn."

"Says you."

Jon remarks almost childlike and I smirk at that. Varys and Tyrion glance at each other before Varys speaks.

"As Master of Whispers for many years, I had to take information from others upon faith that it was true without actually seeing it. But White Walkers...that's something I would need to see with my own eyes to believe it."

As soon as his words come out, I shake my head.

"So you propose we abandon the war with the Lioness to go see if the monster under the bed is real?"

I ask and he nods.

"Unless you have a alternative suggestion, Your Grace?"

He says to me and I sigh a little bit. First I'm a ward, then a Commander of an entire army, then a Queen. It's still hard to get used to the fact how much my life changed in a couple of years.

I shake my head reluctantly.

"We can gather proof to get an alliance with Cersei."

"We don't need an alliance with Cersei."

I roll my eyes at Tyrion.

"If Jon Snow is right, and the army of the dead is as big as he says, wouldn't you think it'd be wise to have as many able-bodied fighters to face them?"

"What could she offer us? A few hundred Goldcloaks and farm boys?"

"Enough."

Daenerys says, setting her hands on the table, silencing everyone as she states at Jon.

"I need to see them to fully believe you, Jon. Take us beyond the Wall to discover the truth."

She says in a demanding voice, making it seem that this is the only option for her. Jon looks at me and I nod reluctantly, not liking the idea one bit. Old Nan told stories about how the Walkers rode mammoths and giant spiders bigger than direwolves.

Even though Jon is one of the most trustworthy and honorable people I know, I silently pray that this is all a joke. But something in my gut tells me that he's telling the truth.

The Red Woman's words of the Long Night sit in the back of my mind. Her looks at me and Dawn on my back that night still doesn't make any sense.

"Do I have all of your support on this?"

Daenerys asks and one by one, everyone agrees to it. Daenerys looks to me with soft eyes and I hesitate before nodding.

The coming months, weeks even are certainly going to be interesting.

~~~~~
A/N

So you may be wondering, "why the hell are they doing this if Cersei has nothing to offer out of an alliance?". Well, Dany needs some proof. They all do because Jon is the only one who has fought and actually seen them.

Cersei will contribute to the Great War but you'll have to wait and see what happens, lol.

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy!

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 547 53
In the wake of the flames forbear, the House of the Dragon stakes it rightful claim and hereditary with Fire and Blood against House Pendragon. Upon...
4K 243 8
"𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑, 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄, 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐍?" ☆ ...
31.7K 708 20
Valaena Fireborn of House Targaryen has been in exile her entire life. Robert's Rebellion twenty years ago forced her and her siblings out of their h...