CROSSFIRE; twd (1)

By cierakay_

"𝙒𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧" Jane Monroe, a young virologist pre-apocalypse and a badass who's in lov... More

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙚𝙣
𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧
𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙖𝙘𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮
BOOK 2

𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

1.1K 35 7
By cierakay_

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
"D.C."
——

"Okay, Okay, we should get back" Jane sighs as she pulls away from the kiss with Glenn. "Or... not" Glenn jokes and leans over and places his lips on Jane's and she falls for it and sinks into the kiss but quickly pulls away shortly after. "Come on" Jane says as she stands to her feet along with Glenn. "Your flies down" Jane says as she looks back up at Glenn before he zips his pants.

Jane chuckles before shaking her head, grabbing ahold of Glenn's hand and walking out of the bus with him. The arrive at the front of the church and begin walking in and everything is silent. Joslyn walks up to Jane, "Where were you?" Joslyn asks as Glenn steps away leaving them to talk amongst themselves. "Just— out" Jane lies and scratches the back of her neck in nervousness trying not to meet Joslyn's eyes. "Yeah, is that what they call se—" Joslyn says and Jane reaches over and pinches her on the arm. "Uh. Ow!" Joslyn shrieks as she rubs her arm and walks beside Jane before Jane stops in her tracks looking around. "Where's— Where's half the group" Jane asks as she looks around.

"Uh—" Joslyn mumbles right before the door opens revealing Sasha, Tyreese and Rick. "Right there" Joslyn cheers as she takes a seat. Jane watches Sasha walk in slow and mysterious knowing she's definitely upset about something. She walks past Jane and right up to the priest, Gabriel.

"Stop" Sasha orders and Gabriel lifts his head up quite confused as to why she's confronting him. "What are you doing?" Sasha asks not giving Gabriel time to answer while Rick and Tyreese walk up behind her looking to Gabriel with a not so happy look. "This is all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone" Sasha explains and Jane looks over to Rick. "We're being watched? What's going on?" Jane whispers before Gabriel speaks and stumbles over his words.

"I- I don't. I don't have anything to with this" Gabriel states and Sasha wastes no time and grabs her knife out of her holster alerting everyone. "Sasha" Jane calls out, "Don't!" Rosita shouts trying to go towards Sasha but Abraham holds her back letting them deal with it. Jane steps forward and Rick grabs ahold of her arm and looks at her shaking his head. Jane calms down and Rick releases his hand from her arm.

"Sasha, put it away" Tyreese demands but Sasha continues to press Gabriel and step towards him with the knife in her hand. "Who's out there?" Sasha questions while Gabriel lifts his hands up in surrender swearing he has no idea what she's talking about. "Where are our people!?" Sasha screams, her voice booming through the whole church which makes Rick and Tyreese pull her away so Rick can confront him himself.

"Why'd you bring us here?" Rick asks and Gabriel looks around at all the intense stares and shakes his head. "Please, I—". "You working with someone? Rick presses taking a small step forward. "I'm alone. I'm alone. I was always alone" Gabriel repeats and Rick steps towards him once again. "What about the woman in the food bank, Gabriel? What did you do to her?" Rick asks but doesn't get a response and decides to add to his questions. "'You'll burn for this' That was for you. Why?" Rick presses and Jane takes a step forward but Glen wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her back and she turns to look at him.

"Let Rick do this" Glenn whispers and Jane sighs as she relaxes under Glenn's touch. Rick roughly grabs onto Gabriel's collar pushing him up against the table behind him. "What did you do? What did you do?!" Rick screams making Gabriel gently push him away and look around at everyone. Gabriel tearfully reveals that during the beginning of the apocalypse, he denied anyone else entry to the church, allowing them to be killed by the walkers. "The Lord sent you here to finally punish me" Gabriel states as he lets out quiet sobs and kneels to the ground. Jane watches Gabriel as tears slide down his face. She understands why he would cry like this. She understands why he would be frightened. She understands.

As Rick and the group listen, a faint whistling can be heard coming from outside. Jane and Glenn whip there heads around. Glenn walks towards the window to see what it is and spots something. "There's something— there's someone outside lying in the grass" Glenn reports and everyone looks around at each other. "Sasha" Rick calls out as Sasha begins running towards the door. "No!" Rick shouts but before he can stop her she's already outside screaming Bob's name.

"Oh! Bob!" Sasha calls out making everyone else follow behind her and discover Bob lying in the grass, and begin carrying him inside as walkers approach. Jane looks down at his leg and widens her eyes, "Oh my— His leg" Jane mumbles as Joslyn rushes past her and kills a walker with the butt of her gun. "Shit" Jane curses as she rushes towards walker and stabs it in the head immediately, killing it and causing it to fall onto the ground.

Suddenly someone opens fire on them from the trees, and Rick blindly fires off all of his bullets into the trees. "Get inside!" Rick shouts and Jane kills one more walker before grabbing onto Joslyn's arm and bringing her into the church with the rest of the group.

Not shortly after, while everyone was inside the church, Bob regains consciousness. "I was in the graveyard. Somebody knocked me out. I woke up outside this place" Bob breathes heavily with sweat stains staining his shirt. "It looked like a school. It was that guy, Gareth and five other ones" Bob explains and Jane scoffs. "From terminus? They're back?" Jane questions as she sits on of the benches next to Glenn while they look down at Bob unable to help him at the moment. Jane notices Bob also sweating a lot and his skin not looking to good but then she looks down at his cut leg and realizes he could've just lost a lot of blood in the process.

"They we're eating my leg right in front of me. Like it was nothing. All proud like they had it all figured out" Bob explains and Jane looks away from Bob trying to hold her puke in her mouth after hearing Bob's story. "Did you see Daryl or Carol?" Rick asks worriedly and Bob shakes his head. "Gareth said they drove off" Bob answers and suddenly starts feeling extreme pain.

"He's in pain. Do we have anything?" Sasha asks looking over to Rosita. "I think there are pill packets in the first aid kit" Rosita states and Sasha nods her head taking what she can get to save Bob who she's grown an attraction too. "Save em" Bob refuses and Jane looks over at Bob thinking about the sweat she sees running down his face and knowing she's seen that color on a persons face before. "You're— You're bit... aren't you?" Jane asks and everyone goes silent.

"What? No. He's not b—" Sasha says but is completely shut off by Bob revealing his bite to the group. Sasha looks at the bite in disbelief but knows what has to happen and is going to happen. "It happened at the food bank" Bob confesses making Sasha widen her eyes a little bit but soon soften her emotions. "It's okay" Sasha whispers as she looks to Bob reassuringly.

Glenn rubs Jane's back soothingly and Jane turns her head to look over at him and sends him a sad smile. "There's a sofa in my office" Gabriel offers and Sasha looks back at him with tears staining her cheeks. "I know it's not much but..." Gabriel stops knowing Bob will at least be comfortable before he goes. "Thank you" Sasha says sending Gabriel a sad smile before Tyreese bends down and helps Bob over to the couch in Gabriel's office all on his own.

"Time for a reality check. We all need to leave for DC right now" Abraham announces and Jane furrows her eyebrows in confusion. "DC? Our friend is dying and you want to leave. Right now?" Jane questions and Abraham nods his head as Rosita grabs her gun before she walks over to Abraham.

"Yeah, Daryl and Carol are still missing. We're not going anywhere without them" Rick explains. "I respect that, but there's a clear threat here to Eugene. I need to extract his ass before things get uglier. So, if y'all won't come, good luck to you. We'll go our separate ways" Abraham states as he starts walking to the door. "You leaving on foot?" Rick asks making Abraham stop before he exits the door. "We fixed that damn bus ourselves" Abraham argues and takes a few steps forward demandingly.

"There are a lot more of us" Rick states. "You want to keep it that way? You should come" Abraham orders and Rick scoffs getting in his face. "Carol saved your life. We saved your life" Rick argues. "Well, I am trying to save yours! Save everyone's!" Abraham shouts and Jane crosses her arms over her chest.

"We're not just going to leave out people behind" Jane adds. "They took off!" Abraham shouts and Rick slaps Abrahams gun out his hand. "Do not touch—" Abraham shouts stepping towards Rick aggressively before Glenn steps in between them.

"Hey, Hey, stop! Now!" Glenn screams looking to Abraham first. "Do you really think that you're gonna be any safer leaving right now in the middle of the night?" Glenn questions and Abraham nods his head slightly. "I do" he answers. "What about tomorrow? We need each other for this. We need each other to get to DC. We can get through all of it together" Glenn argues leaving the room silent for awhile until Tara speaks up.

"If you stay just one more day and help, I'll go with you to DC no matter what. Okay?" Tara says as she looks over to Rick for conformation. "Glenn and Maggie, too" Abraham states and Jane scoffs. "Like hell they're going" Jane argues as she walks towards Abraham angrily but Glenn steps in front of her. "No" Rick answers and Abraham shrugs.

"Good luck, then. I'm not interested in breaking up what you have here. Rosita, grab your gear. Eugene lets go" Abraham orders Rosita and Eugene who seem quite hesitant to leave. "Eugene. Move it" Abraham orders but Eugene doesn't leave his seat. "I don't want to" Eugene speaks up for himself but Abraham's not having it. "Now" Abraham orders in low husky voice and Eugene stands up immediately and walks past Abraham ready to leave.

"You're not taking the bus" Rick states making Abraham and Eugene stop in their tracks once again. "Try to stop me" Abraham says and Jane looks to Rick who looks ready for a brawl and watches him walk towards Abraham who gives his gun to Eugene so he can fight but Glenn stops them yet again. "You stay— you stay and help us, and we will go with you" Glenn says referring to him and Maggie. "Glenn!" Jane shouts. "It's not your call, Jane" Glenn says turning around to face Jane who scoffs quietly and looks Glenn up and down. Abraham agrees to stay for one more half of a day. In exchange, Glenn guarantees that he, Maggie, and Tara will accompany them to Washington, D.C. leaving Jane in quite shock he made the decision without telling her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 8K 27
Scarlett Bradford, a twenty-three-year-old ex-nurse, roams what's left of the world alone. After a narrow brush with death in the city of Atlanta, Ge...
467 39 16
"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚, 𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧" "𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝, 𝙬𝙝�...
52.2K 946 80
Rori Rhee has survived this long, been through so many death. Yet she still had Carl, her parents, and the rest of the group. Except, she's slowly lo...
124K 3.5K 78
'𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝘼𝙘𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝘿𝙚𝙣𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙖 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚...' *** H...