Game of Thrones || The Sword...

By RickyAdams9

UNDER MAJOR EDITING AT THE CURRENT TIME* Ser Arthur Dayne of Starfall was the greatest knight the Seven Kingd... More

Cast
Dawn
Stories
"The Man Who Passes the Sentence Should Swing the Sword"
The Runts of the Litter
The King's Arrival
The Kingslayer
A Dothraki Wedding and Honeymoon
Words of War
Wishful for a Good Fight or Death
Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things
Wolves, Lions and Excuses
A Golden Crown and Bloodied Hands
Betrayal of the Obvious Traitor
The Cry for War
Planning
The Green Fork
The Whispering Woods
The Quiet Wolf put to Rest
The King in the North
The Bleeding Star
"You hold the reigns"
A Dayne at War
On The Move
To Finally See Her Grace
To Conquer a Mountain
Riling the Lion
Talk of Victory and Life
The Prideful Little Lion
The Second Battle of the Ruby Ford
The Black Lion Roars
A Dayne, A Lion, and Second Sons
Work That Leads to Nothing
Cornered
The Plan
Jenny of Oldstones
"Make It Yours"
Battle of the Flood Bowl
A Brother and Sister Reunited
Staines That Do Not Wash
A Frey and a Trout
Distractions
A Red Wedding
A Sign in the Stars
"You want it darker"
Cider and Dead Kings
The Red Mountains
Starfall
Blood of my Blood
Deadly Secrets
Dragon Troubles
Darkstar
The Dayne Slayer
Breakthrough
The Sword of the Morning
East
Angry Snakes
The Art of Compromise
Dragon Dreams
Stone Men of Old Valyria
"Slavery-free" City of Yunkai
A Different Kind of Cat
A Dance With a Dayne and a Dragon
Horselords
The Champion of the Braided Bloodrider
Past Events and Unspoken Emotions
Reborn Through Fire and Blood
Bloodriders for Her Majesty
A Forgotten Will
Love Under the Stars
A New Dawn
A City on the Rise
A Brave New World
Dragonstone
The King in the North Arises Once More
The Mantle of Responsibility
"What You Would Do If You Lost"
"Never Let Go"
The Bait
The Battle of Shipbreaker Bay
The Queen of the Torrentine
Siege
Old Vendettas
The Song of the North
No Mercy
A Brother and Sister Reunited II
A New War
The Mormont Returns
Secrets and Banter
A Promise
Fall
"The Monsters Are Real"
Warm Again
What They Have
Set Dates
What They Need
Deal Broker
A Knight, A Warrior, and A Lover At Heart
The North Remebers
Slow Dancing
The Lords and Ladies of the North
The Key
Prophecies
Oathkeeper
Ghosts of Winters Past
The Wary She-Wolf
Dragon Riders
An Ever-shifting Future
Burying a Hatchet
An Understanding
A Way Through
The Bridge of Skulls
Shattered Hope
Not Invincible
"It Only Gets Worse Before It Gets Better"
An Old Face from an Old Life
Visions of the Flames
Hard Truths
Bloodletting
The Long Night
The Long Night II
The Long Night III

Lost Enough

2K 117 25
By RickyAdams9

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

The crows and vultures already sweep over the battlefield, already feasting on the flesh of the fallen. I stare blankly ahead as there is a slight shake in my hands.

Soldiers kill off the enemy combatants that are too wounded too help. Some of the Dornishmen collect swords and other prizes off the ground and out of the hands of the dead Lannister soldiers. The spoils of this war are great. The Tyrell supplies never managed never get into King's Landing. And with the Kingslayer captured, the Lannisters won't be able to pay back their debts.

The war is as good as won.

But I feel like I am broken. I came into this battle with two Daynes at my side and I end it without either of them.

I look down at the ground, seeing it stained with the blood and the bodies of the fallen. Rickard lies on the ground, eyes closed and his neck cut open. But he died by the sword. He still holds it in his hand.

A few Dornishmen are collecting our dead to bury them. A few come to collect Rickard but I stop them.

"His grave is to be marked like that of a lord. Do you understand?"

I half whisper as my throat is raspy and dry. They nod solemnly and they take Rickard's body away along with his sword to bury.

I fall to my knees, shoulders shaking as I feel tears brim in my eyes.

"Evelyn.."

A smooth pale hand rests on my shoulder and I look up, seeing Daenerys with the most sorrowful and regretful look I have seen on her yet.

"Edric is whole... He has been wrapped and made ready to bury."

I stand, releasing a shaky breath, shaking my head.

"I want him to have a pyre."

"Then it will be done."

The sun is slowly beginning to sink as the crows continue picking away at the flesh of the dead.

"Evelyn, I... I'm so sorry. I should've gotten here sooner. Maybe if..if I tried harder, maybe I-"

"No... Daenerys, you came here to save us. You came when I needed you most."

I whisper, a few tears beginning to fall. I release another shaky breath and I clutch her hands tightly in mine.

"I lost myself... I snapped when I saw his head..."

I begin to cry and Daenerys quickly moves and wraps her arms around my shoulders, bringing my face down to hers.

"Shhh... We'll be okay, Evelyn... You're  going to be okay."

"Dany... I'm scared. Please..save me..."

I whimper as I cry even harder.

"You just saw the darkest part of me that I've tried so hard to hide away... I-I let it out a-and I'm afraid I can't put it back in it's cage.... Please, help me!"

I practically beg her as I collapse to my knees, taking her with me as I cry harder into her shoulder.

"Evelyn, my love... that wasn't you. The real you, the you I fell in love with so long ago is still there. This monster hiding in your heart will be extinguished. I won't let it take you again."

She whisper softly and with as much love as she can possibly muster. I whimper as I lift my head up, looking deep into her tear filled violet eyes.

"The war is over with, Evelyn... We're  okay..."

I see the Dothraki enter the battlefield, ushering what little of the remains Lannister prisoners along, some already tied with rope.

"No...it isn't finished yet."

I whisper, slowly standing. I withdraw  from Daenerys' warm embrace, picking  up Dawn, seeing the blade shine red from the blood soaking it. I wipe the blade on my trousers to try and clean it.

But it's stained with the blood of thousands of years of combat. No amount of cleaning will wipe the stains away.

I sheathe Dawn, looking at Daenerys and nod with with deep breath, taking her hand in mine. We walk across the battlefield, stepping over dead and broken bodies to a couple of large stones overlooking the field.

Ellaria Sand stands below with her daughters, all of them soaked in blood like me. Tyene is crying into her mother's chest and my heart only breaks further. I'm not the only one devasted by Edric's death.

The Lannister and whatever remains of the Tarly forces stand, surrounded by the Dothraki and Dornishmen. All of them are weapon-less and they look broken as well, their hands raised in the air in surrender.

Jaime Lannister stands in the front alongside Randyll Taryl and his son.

Jaime's eyes never stray from me.

Daenerys stands on the highest point of the rock overlooking the field, Viserion and Drogon behind us as they stare down the broken army before us.

"I know what Cersei has told you all."

Daenerys starts, looking across the field of prisoners as they all look up at her, many with fear.

"She has told you that I have come to destroy your cities, burn down your homes, murder you and orphan your children... That is Cersei Lannister, not me."

She shouts, her voice booming with power across the field to get her point across.

"I am not here to murder, to pillage and rape, to sack your cities and burn you and your families... I am not my father. All I want to destroy is the Wheel that has rolled over the rich and poor to the benefit to no one but the people of the world like Cersei Lannister. I offer you all a choice: bend the knee and join me. Together, we will make this world into a place where all peoples, no matter what Houses or lands they come from, can live together in peace and fairness."

She says with passion as many of the angry and fearful looks on the prisoners faces chance to that of consideration.

Despite that, nobody kneels.

"How many of you fought in the War of the Five Kings?"

I ask suddenly, loud enough for all to hear me. The prisoners do not answer with words but I can tell the vast majority are indeed veterans.

"How many of you fought and bled for an ideal or agenda that wasn't your own?"

I feel my lip tremble slightly and tears sting my eyes as I clear my throat, trying to hold back my emotions as best I can.

"Who reaps the spoils of the war? Is it you? Is it your wives or your children back wherever it is you call home?"

Still, no answers from anyone but I can tell it's getting them thinking. I glance at Daenerys as I feel myself wanting to stop talking and just go and hide away. But she smiles warmly, urging me to continue silently.

"No... Cersei Lannister and her.."nobles" soak in the rewards whilst you scrape by just to put food on your family's table. When is it time you realize that enough is enough?"

I ask with passion.

"When is it time you realize that too much blood has been spilt over a small minority of people who wouldn't even shed theirs for you?"

A few tears slip down my cheeks as I see many of the prisoners have the same tear filled eyes. I let out a skaky breath.

"All that I am asking of you is to do the right thing. Often times the right thing to do is the hardest but it has to be done... Just...give up. Give up because you have lost enough."

I finish my speech, gazing out at the prisoners of war with teary eyes. Many of of are reduced to tears as one after the other, they bend the knee.

Soon, all of the prisoners kneel before Daenerys and I. But not all of them kneel. The Tarly's and Jaime still stand. Randyll with a defiant look whilst Jaime with a look I can't quite decipher.

He looks incredibly moved by my words.

"Step forward, my Lord, Ser Jaime."

Daenerys commands and they do so. Jaime wipes some of the blood off his face with his good hand, groaning a bit in pain. They stand before us now. The old man holds no fear on his face as he just looks at us scornfulley.

"You will not kneel?"

She questions pointedly.

"I already have a queen."

"My sister?"

I glance at Tyrion as he steps forward.

"She wasn't your Queen until recently though, was she? When she murdered your rightful queen and destroyed House Tyrell for all time. So it appears your allegiances are somewhat flexible.

"There are no easy choices in war."

The oldest Tarly states, looking a bit grim. But he is right about that. There are no easy choices in this game.

"Say what you will about your sister, she was born in Westeros, has lived here her whole life. You on the other hand, you murdered your own father and chose to support a foreign invader. One with no ties to this land, an army of savages at her back."

Randyll Tarly spits angrily and I sigh, shaking my head.

"And you..."

I look up to see him glaring at me.

"You helped throw Westeros into chaos. You fought for a traitor to the Crown."

"Look who is talking. You betrayed your liege lady. That is true treason."

"And you take no responsibility for your actions during the war!"

His glare intensifies and I sigh, looking at the ground. I shake my head in disappointment.

"For your sake, I am asking you one last time to kneel, my Lord."

Randyll Tarly lifts his chin in defiance.

"Never."

"Bring him to his knees."

I order in Dothraki and two bloodriders come up and grab Lord Tarly, tugging him forward as I walk down.

"He can take the Black, Evelyn."

"Treason like his does not warrant exile. I would have him hanged as an oathbreaker, but there are no trees around."

I say with no emotion, walking past Tyrion.

"Are you going to behead my brother, too?"

Tyrion asks, sounding angry and I glance at the Kingslayer all beaten and bloody.

"No. Your brother will be a prisoner of war once again... But he will be treated with respect and his wounds tended to."

I say, catching Jaime by surprise a bit. The way we treated him when he was our prisoner before was cruel and unjust. I won't do that again.

I step towards Randyl Tarly as the bloodriders force him to his knees.

"Evelyn."

I turn to see Daenerys walk towards me with a worried look. She takes my hand in hers, violet eyes looking into mine.

"You don't have to do this."

"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword, Daenerys. I am no man but it's all the same."

I whisper. She nods in understanding and I turn around, drawing Dawn and resting the tip on the ground while I grip the handle and pommel.

"In the name of Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, the Breaker of Chains, and the Mother of Dragons, I, Evelyn of the House Dayne, Queen of the Torrentine, the Lady of Starfall, and the Sword of the Morning, sentence you in sight of Gods and Men to death..."

I glance at Randyll's son who looks like he wants to protest but Jaime puts his arm in front of him, stopping the boy from doing something stupid.

"I believe you have already spoken enough words but I grant you a moment to speak a final one."

"Will you leave my corpse here to rot with the rest of them?"

"No. Your son will take you to Horn Hill where he will remain for the rest of his days as the Lord there."

I say with a nod.

"I swear."

Lord Tarly glances at Dickon, the boy shaking as he has tears in his eyes.

"Do not weep for me, boy. It will all be over soon."

He says before bowing his head. I raise Dawn up into the air with both hands, hesitating slightly before bringing the blade down swiftly, ending the Lord of Horn Hill.

~~~~~
A/N

Oof. Another killing. Such a bloody mess, eh? Anywho, I really hope y'all enjoy and since this is the New Year, I might release the next chapter at 12:00. (It's only 9:30 right now in the US)

Thank you for reading! Questions and comments are really appreciated!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

988 4 11
This is a fanfiction of Game of thrones. That Lady Lyanna Stark fell in love with Ser Arthur Dayne and she married him in Dorne. But everyone believe...
11.1K 547 53
In the wake of the flames forbear, the House of the Dragon stakes it rightful claim and hereditary with Fire and Blood against House Pendragon. Upon...
3.8K 236 8
"πƒπŽ π˜πŽπ” 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 π–πŽππƒπ„π‘, π‹πˆπŠπ„, π–π‡πŽ 𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐄 πˆπ’ π…π”π‚πŠπˆππ† π˜πŽπ”π‘ πŒπ€π?" β˜† ...
267K 6.6K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...