Made To Believe ✔️

By LyssahTraicey

Diana Mumbi is a beautiful book cafe owner who is a romantic at heart and obsessed with the literary world. F... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five

Chapter Forty Two

674 49 0
By LyssahTraicey

**Unedited**

DIANA'S POV

I left the police station with one goal in mind, to go see Kyle and set things straight. He had to stop whatever nonsense he was doing and man up enough to accept that we were done. Kareem was my future now and I would be damned if I let my past interfere with that. I thought I was done getting Kareem out of jail but Kyle just had to strike again with another stupid ass reason. He thought that putting Kareem in prison was going to make me leave him, not possible. Kareem was my ride or die, we would be together to the very end.

It wasn't even that hard to find out where Kyle lived. The asshole liked to brag a lot on his facebook page and had posted where he lived for everyone to see. It took me an hour to get there and I had to agree that he had done well for himself ever since we broke up. The apartment building he lived in was pretty luxurious and had some fancy car's parked out front. At least he wasn't putting Kareem behind bars just so I could bribe him. He was just being petty and foolish.

I asked the first tenant I saw what house Kyle lived in and he was only too happy to help me out. I took the stairs to the second floor as I'd been instructed and found Kyle's door. After taking a deep breath and composing my thoughts I knocked. The door was opened a few moments later by Kyle's wife as advertised by his Facebook photos. She was a beautiful woman with big brown eyes, dark skin, short hair and a curvaceous figure. Seeing her made me wonder why Kyle was going after me when he has such a beautiful wife. She didn't seem to recognize me which meant she had no idea who I was. That was good since it would complicate the story less.

"Hi is this Kyle Mutiso's home?"I asked just to be polite even if I knew that it was.

"Yeah, I'm his wife, how can I help you?"She replied.

"I'm so sorry to barge in on you like this but I was visiting a friend in the building and as I was leaving I accidentally bumped his car. I didn't want to leave just like that so I asked around and was directed here. I would like us to exchange insurance information so I can get it fixed."I rambled out hoping she'd buy my fake story.

"Wow that's very courteous of you, most people would have just left."She replied with a smile.

"I was raised right, so is Mr Mutiso in, I would like his insurance information."I repeated myself.

"Yes he is, come on in please."She offered.

"Oh no thank you I don't want to stay long, I'm in quite a hurry."I rushed out.

I didn't want to enter their home, that would be wrong in so many ways.

"Well okay then, give me a moment to call him."She said.

I nodded and watched as she walked back inside the house leaving the door slightly ajar. I could hear the sound of cartoons on the TV reminding me that Kyle had kids too. It got me wondering why he was being stupid when he has such a wonderful family. He really needed to grow up.

It didn't take long before Kyle came out and the surprised look on his face was priceless. He had a black eye from where Kareem had punched him and for some reason it made me proud of Kareem in a way. I didn't condone fighting but Kyle had clearly deserved it.

"Diana?"Kyle asked surprised.

"Mr Mutiso, it's so nice to meet you. I really I'm sorry that we have to meet like this. I don't know if your wife has mentioned why I'm here."I replied hoping that he was smart enough to play along.

"Yes...yes . You hit my car."He stuttered.

"Yeah I am so sorry about that. If you would please accompany me to the parking lot so we can exchange insurance information as you look at the damage, I'll really appreciate it."I added.

I didn't want to have our conversation anywhere near his wife and kids. Kyle looked confused and reluctant so I stepped closer to him to whisper in his ear.

"If you don't follow me outside right now I will make a scene. I'm sure you haven't told your wife where you really got that black eye so let's keep it that way for now. Now put on some shoes and come with me."I whisper yelled in his ear.

Kyle didn't need to be told twice after that as he put on some shoes and followed me outside. As soon as we arrived next to my car I turned to him with an angry look on my face.

"What are you doing here Diana? How did you even find me?"He asked before I had the chance to demand what had brought me to him.

"You know why I am here Kyle and you should learn to keep your private life private. Limit your Facebook posts for your own safety."I replied.

"Najib punched me, he deserves to go to prison."Kyle seethed looking like an injured dog.

"Oh please drop the theatrics, you were drunk and being a dick that night, you deserved to be punched. Now be a man for once in your life instead of a dick and accept that you got your ass handed to you and drop the charges."I requested as politely as I could.

"You know that's not the whole reason why I filed those charges against him."Kyle replied.

"You can't be serious, not this again. Kyle I'm with Kareem now so stop being a prick and let him go."I demanded.

"Why did you chose him? Najib was fucking worse than me back then. Why is he deserving of you and I wasn't?"Kyle yelled.

Was he even listening to himself and all the nonsense that he was spewing.

"Kyle it's been five years since we broke up. I've moved on and you have too. You have a wife and kids for crying out loud, why can't you just drop this?"I asked getting angrier at his pettiness.

"Because you were mine first."He shouted and I totally understood why Kareem had punched him in the first place. He was being completely unreasonable. Kyle looked determined to make me pay for dating Kareem, for moving on from him to someone far better than him.

"Not that its any of your business but Kareem has changed. I am happy with him and you have your family. Let's put this behind us please."I requested.

"No."Kyle replied stubbornly.

I pinched the bridge of my nose taking deep breaths to calm myself because Kyle was being very uncooperative. Since he wouldn't listen to reason I decided to change tactics. No more nice Diana, it was time to show him a side of me he had never seen before.

"You know what Kyle, it's fine, if you want to be a dick about this then okay. Just know that I will do everything in my power to make sure you lose. I hope you have a good lawyer because by the looks of this case the tables might turn and you'll go to jail."I informed him trying to look as confident as possible.

I was making things up as I spoke but I got his attention when he heard me mentioning about him going to jail.

"What do you mean?"He asked looking alarmed.

"Oh you don't know? Well let me give you a rundown of what my lawyer informed me. You threw the first punch so you are actually the aggressor, you accosted me several times even after I said no and we have witnesses of all these crimes. So you either drop the charges against Kareem or I will sue you for sexual harassment. I know you remember what my family is capable of because if I push on with this, after they are done with you those six months that you spent behind bars will look like a walk in the park compared to the years you'll get."I threatened putting on the meanest face I could muster.

Kyle swallowed hard when he realized that I was actually serious with my threat.

"You don't scare me Diana and neither does your family."Kyle muttered out his voice betraying him.

"Tell that to your buckling knees. You have an hour to decide otherwise first place I'm visiting tomorrow morning is the police station to file a case against you."I informed him.

"You wouldn't."Kyle choked out.

"Oh I would, to protect the man I love."I assured him.

"That was me once."Kyle whispered having the audacity to look sad.

"Yes Kyle, key word, was, so accept that and grow up. Drop the charges or next time I'll be seeing you it'll be in handcuffs being taken away for a decade."I continued."And to think I loved you, you disgusting piece of shit."I spat out.

Kyle's macho facade fell and I knew that I was getting through to him. A few more hits and I would actually get what I wanted from him.

"Do you even know who you just put behind bars?"I asked him.

"What do you mean?"

I was grasping at straws but I had to do everything possible to scare Kyle into dropping the charges.

"Does the name Emir Hassan ring a bell?"I replied.

"The minister."Kareem mumbled looking confused.

"Yeah the very one, he is Kareem's dad, we haven't involved him yet because we don't want this to go public but we will if it gets you to man up. I have the power to ruin you Kyle, just one phone call away but I'm deciding to be civil about this. Make a good choice for once in your life before this becomes so much bigger than you can handle."I explained.

Kyle looked scared shitless. I was mostly bluffing but he didn't need to know about that.

"I expect to have my man back in my arms by morning Kyle or else by the time I'm done with you, you'll be a mere memory to everyone in your life right now. And please let this be the last time Kyle. I don't have any more time for your bullshit. Forget that I ever existed because if your name ever comes up in my life again I will do more than threaten you. "I concluded knowing my last statement had hit home when I saw the defeated look on Kyle's face.

I didn't want to talk to him anymore since I'd gotten my message home so I just unlocked my car and got in leaving a gaping Kyle staring after me. He'd have to find an excuse to give to his wife when she saw that the car was okay but that wasn't my problem anymore. I really hoped I'd gotten through to him.

It was already past six pm by the time I left Kyle so if he was to do anything it would have to wait until the next morning. I drove home feeling sad that it would be another night without Kareem by my side.

I expected to get home to an empty house but I was surprised to find Jamila there waiting for me with a hot meal and a big hug. She was the only one who knew about the whole ordeal. I couldn't tell Salome because she would tell Ashton and Kareem had specifically asked me not to tell any member of my family.

Fabian had called while I was at work and I'd told Salome that Kareem had fallen ill at work again and I had to go pick him up. I didn't like lying to my best friend but sometimes she wasn't very good at keeping secrets. At least I had Jamila for my support system.

"How did it go?"Jamila asked as she pushed the plate of spaghetti and mushrooms towards me.

"I threatened him with everything I had so let's hope it's enough for him to back off. This whole experience is very draining."I replied shoving some food into my mouth.

"I know and I really wish I had a way to help you and Kareem."Jamila replied looking sad.

"Hey it's okay, you being here with me as my support system is enough. I just feel bad because I have no idea why the universe had to throw Kyle at us. Why now when everything was going so well?"I groaned.

"I don't know but maybe it's a test to your relationship. If you guys can get through this then you can get through anything."Jamila consoled.

"Maybe, you're right."I replied with a shrug.

"I'm always right."She said flicking her hair back making me laugh.

I enjoyed the food Jamila had made me grateful that I wasn't alone after such a hard day.

"Where is Nuru?"I asked.

"At her best friends how house."Jamila replied.

"Since when do you agree to sleepovers on weekdays?"

"Since today, she wouldn't stop asking about Kareem and I didn't have the energy to keep lying to her so I let her go. It's just this once though because I also wanted to be here when you got home."She explained.

"I'm sure Nuru is very happy and I'm grateful you're here."I smiled squeezing her hand appreciatively.

I finished eating my food and Jamila took my plate away to clear it.

"Do you want to relax and talk or watch a movie?"Jamila asked.

"Shower first then movie, anything with sexy men and a lot of action that we can scream at, I need the distraction."I replied.

What Kareem didn't know wouldn't kill him.

"Now you're talking my language, go shower, I'll make the popcorn."Jamila said making me smile.

I got off the stool and skipped towards the bathroom for a quick shower. Twenty minutes later I was dressed in my pajamas, lights off and snuggled under a blanket with Jamila as we watched Hobbs and Shaw. It was a good distraction from the absence of my man who was spending the night in jail again. Hopefully if Kyle had listened to me, Kareem would be with me the following day and we would put the whole ordeal behind us.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Triple update. Damn, I'm on a roll. This chapter was written fast so it has a lot of typos that I hope you guys can forgive. I'll fix them all soon, I promise.

Vote

Comment

Share

Love@Lyssah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223 10 9
Evie was a dreamer, a lover of the written word. She was known for her wild imagination, her endless stories, and her love for literature. But as muc...
162K 6.5K 44
Highest Rankings: #1 Interracial #2 LGBT/LGBTQ #2 Gay #2 highschool #3 Wattpride #5 Boyxboy #17 ManxMan Mason Moore and Mark Tyler have been friends...
220K 7.8K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
149K 6.3K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...