subtle|skz

By _baby_dwaekki_

It's hard being in the spotlight, especially when you have the biggest crush on one of your group mates. Stra... More

-important-
-minsung character info-
-changlix character info-
-chanjin character info-
-seungin character info-
-one-
-two-
-three-
-four-
-five-
-six-
-seven-
-eight-
-nine-
-ten-
-eleven-
-twelve-
-thirteen-
-fourteen-
-fifteen-
-special-
-sixteen-
-seventeen-
-eighteen-
-nineteen-
-twenty-
-twenty-one-
-twenty-two-
-twenty-three-
-twenty-four-
-twenty-five-
-twenty-six-
-twenty-seven-
-twenty-eight-
-twenty-nine-
-thirty-
-thirty-one-
-feedback-
-thirty-two-
-thirty-three-
-thirty-four-
-thirty-five-
-thirty-seven-
-thirty-eight-
-thirty-nine-
-forty-
-rewrite?-
-question-
-waiting for us-

-thirty-six-

340 11 0
By _baby_dwaekki_

SeungMin's POV

"Channie is on his way. How's Lixie?" I mumble quietly as I slip into the other bedroom.

"Hm? Oh—he finally fell asleep." ChangBin lifts his arm from his face to see me.

"How's Innie?" MinHo questions as he runs his fingers through JiSung's hair.

"He's scaring me. Channie said he's bringing medicine and that Jinnie is pretty sick, too. He said we'll probably have to cancel everything for the next two weeks." I report everything Chan told me.

"Jinnie sounded pretty rough when I called earlier." ChangBin confirms as Felix squirms a bit. ChangBin rubs at his back in hopes of keeping him asleep.

"What if someone ends up in the hospital?" I whisper—well aware they might not hear me—but just needing to get it out in the open.

"Min—don't think like that. Once Channie brings the medicine, we should be able to keep everyone comfortable and well enough to stay home. We're all pretty healthy in general, so it shouldn't hit us too hard. If we all get it now, we'll be in the clear for awhile. We might as well just try and get through it without a problem so we can come out on the other side." MinHo reassures me as JiSung turns his head so he can see me.

"Minnie, they'll be okay. I promise. Channie won't let them go anywhere unless he has no choice. We've been together since day one and he won't let that change unless he has no other choice." JiSung smiles tiredly before yawning and closing his eyes.

"You should go back to Innie. He probably wants you." ChangBin suggests softly and I nod weakly.

I drag myself out of their room and into the living room. I close the door softly behind me and glance toward our door. I don't want to go back in. I can't stand seeing him like that. It breaks my heart. He fell asleep—so he won't be upset if I just sit out here for a bit—will he? It's not like he'll even really notice.

I fall down on the couch and chew at my nails. I bounce my leg and stare at the clock. I watch the second hand tick slowly while the minute hand never seems to budge even in the slightest. I close my eyes tightly and lean my head back against the wall.

I jump the moment I hear a door open. My heart leaps into my throat before settling back in its place the moment I see Chan carrying HyunJin.

"Can you get the bedroom door for me, Min?" Chan asks softly as he does his best to ensure HyunJin doesn't wake up.

"Yeah." I hope up and quickly tug it open for him.

Chan delicately lays HyunJin down before gently taking his coat off of him. He tosses it on the ground near the end of the bed before carefully tucking him in.

"How's everyone doing? Where you waiting for us?" Chan questions as he glances over at JeongIn.

"No—I just—I couldn't sit next to him like that." I lower my head—unable to look at JeongIn's pained expression.

"Come help me, Min." Chan takes my hand in his and leads me back out of the room.

"Help with what?" I mumble as I allow him to drag me toward the front door.

"I couldn't bring everything in while carrying him. The medicine and some snacks are in the car still. I figured it'd give you a second to breathe." Chan forces a weak smile.

"Oh—thanks." I whisper as I glance back at the door. I feel bad leaving him, but I do need a bit of fresh air to try and clear my head a bit.

"How are you feeling? Your voice sounds rough." Chan wraps his arm around me and pulls me close.

"I mean—not good—but not super bad either." I admit as we step out of the elevator and move toward the front door.

"When we get back up, take some medicine and go to sleep with Innie. He probably wants you next to him." Chan instructs and I obediently agree. If he's there, I know Innie will be okay.

"Here—carry this." Chan hands me a few bags before taking the rest for himself.

"You should probably check on Lixie when we get back up. He was sleeping last I knew, but he could've woke up." I follow Chan back into the building like a little lost puppy.

"I will. Binnie is taking good care of him as far as I know. I'm not too worried. Once he gets medicine, he'll be fine." Chan smiles as the elevator Carrie's back up to the dorm.

"What'll Innie do if I get sick like him?" I question shyly—too afraid to meet his gaze.

"I'll take care of both of you. Don't worry, Minnie. I'll do my best to keep everyone as healthy and happy as I can." Chan insists as he rests his head on my shoulder for a moment.

"Where'd they go?" ChangBin groans as the elevator doors open. His eyes fall on his and he lets out a relieved sigh.

"What's up?" Chan mumbles as he leads me out of the elevator.

"Jin's having a meltdown." ChangBin reaches out to take everything from Chan.

"Shit." Chan hands it all to ChangBin before rushing for the door.

MinHo pushes it open for him. ChangBin and I make our way after him. I set the bags in the counter to see HyunJin burying his face in the crook of Chan's neck. He cries as he clings to him with everything he has. Chan rubs at his back and presses his lips to the top of his head.

"Shh—it's alright, Prince. Talk to me—what's wrong? I can't fix it if I don't know what's bothering you." Chan attempts to get to the bottom of HyunJin's breakdown.

"Bin—can you get him some medicine?" Chan asks as he sits down on the couch. He holds HyunJin as tightly as he can as he coughs through his tears.

"He had a bad dream." JeongIn mumbles as he slips out to join us. He rubs at his eyes and yawns.

"Hmm—Innie." I hold my hand out for his and he happily makes his way toward me. I pull him into a warm embrace and he rests his head on my shoulder.

"Hey—is that what's wrong? Jinnie—it was just a dream, Baby. I'm right here." Chan runs his fingers through HyunJin's hair.

"Daddy—I—I thought you left." HyunJin sobs as Chan takes his face in his hands. He gently dries his tears with his thumbs.

I swallow hard as the pet name hits me. Daddy? Does he really call him that? It's the first time I've heard it come from him. I mean—it shouldn't be shocking—Chan jokingly told Stay he was their Daddy—I guess HyunJin took it to heart.

"Never, Baby—I would never leave you. I had to get the stuff from the car. I couldn't bring it in while I was carrying you." Chan finally manages to get HyunJin to calm down a bit.

"Here." ChangBin hands the medicine to Chan.

"Take this, Baby—it'll help." Chan gently guides the medicine to HyunJin's mouth.

HyunJin takes it without complaint before burying his face in Chan's chest. Chan hands the small cup back to ChangBin and ChangBin moves toward the kitchen to wash it.

"Innie—take some before you go back to bed. Then Bin—take some to Lix. I know you don't want to wake him up, but it's probably better to wake him up then to wait. It'll make it easier for him to breathe and he shouldn't be as rough in the morning that way." Chan directs and JeongIn pulls away from me obediently.

"Once he takes some, Min—you might want to, too. It'll help you sleep. Don't worry about getting up in the morning. I'm planning on calling our manager about five thirty and telling him not to come. If it's what we're thinking—it's best he's not here. He doesn't need to get it and give it to his little one." Chan instructs casually as he reaches for a blanket to drape over HyunJin.

I follow after JeongIn and we both take some of the medicine before heading back toward the bedroom. I move the blankets aside and motion for him to climb in. He gets comfortable and I slide in next to him.

"Minnie—don't worry so much about me." JeongIn whispers softly as he lifts his head so I can slip my arm beneath it. I wrap my arm around his shoulder and pull him toward me.

"I can't help it." I admit quietly as he rests his head on my chest.

"Jinnie—shh—you need to sleep. Minnie and Innie need sleep, too. I told you I would lay with you—I just want to check on Lixie real quick." Chan carefully carries HyunJin into the room. He moves toward the bed and leans down to lay him down, but HyunJin refuses to let go of him.

"Jinnie—come on—please." Chan sighs as he gives in and sits down with HyunJin in his lap.

HyunJin doesn't budge. He holds onto Chan as if his life depends on it. He shivers slightly, but doesn't pull away. He's committed to keeping Chan with him. He's scared. He's clearly not feeling good—probably a lot worse than he's letting Chan see. I wouldn't be shocked if he's afraid he'll end up in the hospital—so he's trying to spend as much time with him as he can just in case.

"Channie—don't fight him. When I saw Lixie he didn't look too bad. If Binnie gave him medicine, I'm sure he'll be perfectly fine. He's got Bin, Min, and Sung with him. He'll be okay. Jinnie only has you in here. Innie and I are sick, too." I try to help HyunJin as best as I can without straight up instructing Chan.

"Please, Daddy." HyunJin whispers softly as he does everything he can to stay close to Chan's body. He's feeding off Chan's warmth.

"Fine. Lay down, Prince. I just have to change—I won't leave the room—I promise." Chan sighs as he finally manages to get HyunJin to lay down. He tugs the blanket up around him and gets to his feet.

"Keep your shirt off—please—you're really warm." HyunJin pouts as he watches Chan tug his shirt up over his head.

Chan nods and quickly switches his jeans out for a pair of shorts. He crawls into bed and HyunJin immediately clings to him. It doesn't last long though. HyunJin is up and coughing within a few minutes. He clutches at his chest and struggles to catch his breath as Chan rubs at his back.

"Jinnie—Baby—let's go to the living room. You can sleep in my lap. That way Min and Innie can get some rest." Chan is quick to look out for us. HyunJin nods weakly and allows Chan to lift him back up.

"If you need me, just come get me. I'm hoping the medicine kicks in and we'll be back soon, but no promises." Chan frowns as HyunJin wraps his arms and legs around him tightly. He buries his face in the crook of Chan's neck and takes a shaky breath.

I give him a silent thumbs up before pulling JeongIn closer. I press my lips to his forehead before adjusting the blanket around him.

"What time is it?" JeongIn yawns. His eyes flutter shut as the medicine seems to slowly start kicking in.

"It's a little after five. Channie is probably calling our manager soon. So don't worry about it, Baby Fox. You can sleep all you need. Get as much rest as you can. Minnie will be right here to make sure everything is okay." I reassure him as I smooth his hair down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 792 13
A cute love story for a cute couple ;) Hyun Jae, who has been best friends with Chan since birth, has had a small crush on him since... forever. She'...
18.8K 579 26
The Stray Kids members have separated into two dorms. Chan, Changbin, Jisung, and Hyunjin in one. Minho, Felix, Seungmin, and Jeongin in the other. T...
14K 392 14
Bang Chan is the school's bad boy. Almost the entire school fears him. Lee Felix is the new student in this Korean school. He doesn't know any Korean...
251K 11.2K 42
[OMEGAVERSE!!] [UNEDITED] INCLUDES ALL STRAY KIDS SHIPS. Being with mates is filled with happiness and best moments but it doesn't come to us just l...