Egotistical

By casuallyslaying

[ third book of attitude problem ] "I'm old enough to handle it by myself" Pharaoh was much like his fathe... More

0.5
1.0
1.5
2.0
2.5
3.0
3.5
4.0
4.5
5.0
5.5
6.0
6.5
7.0
7.5
8.0
8.5
9.0
9.5
10.0
10.5
11.0
11.5
12.0
12.5
13.0
13.5
14.0
14.5
15.0
15.5
16.0
16.5
17.0
17.5
18.0
18.5
19.0
19.5
20.0
20.5
21.0
21.5
22.0
22.5
23.0
23.5
24.0
24.5
25.0
25.5
26.0
26.5
27.0
27.5
28.0
29.0
29.5
30.0
30.5
31
31.5
32
32.5
33
33.5
34
34.5

28.5

6.8K 339 281
By casuallyslaying

Omniscient

"Tash Go somewhere else with your jailbird ass hours you got going on" Nassiah mumbled as he opened the front door for his sister. She stood there all dressed and ready at 9 am which was considerate considering she woke up at 6:30.

   "You told me we'd get breakfast, and then you tell me what's up with your relationship memba?"  She blinked a bit before checking her phone and Nassiah only let out a groan. Of course he was going to get ready, to be honest Nassiah was clingier with Tash than he was with Alonso lately. She came home and he can't afford to loose his sister again, so of course he was gonna go get ready.  "Okay good don't take long, we gotta pick up Donnie and Dj— we dropping him off"

  "Him off where?" Nassiah asked as he started making his way up the stairs.

  "That boy is a mess, a literal mess I'm putting him where Donnie should've months ago— someplace to get help. He doesn't trust himself anymore and how can you get through an addiction when you are your biggest fear? He can't ever. He gotta believe in himself atleast 5%- I can take my nephew the rest of the way" she explained and Nassiah only nodded before hurrying to get ready. He knew Tash was the mother figure most of these kids needed, and due to Nassiah and Donnie's own unresolved  mommy issues they also tended to pass onto their kids.Not  to mention the fact that both males reproduced with bottom of the barrel females. That didn't help at all.

  "Where are you going?" Alonso asked as soon as Nassiah walked back into the room. At first Nassiah shrugged making Alonso only lay back down still trying to decide if he had enough Energy yet to deal with his husbands attitude. "Nas-

"With Tash damn- I know you hear her loud ass voice downstairs" Nassiah snapped making the darker male shut up. Nassiah was ready for Alonso to snap back at him but instead nothings. After finishing getting ready in silence he looked back at the male whom was now finding interesting in whatever social media app he was on. "Okay bye" Nassiah hesitated when going out the door hoping to hear something from Alonso but he got nothing. His emotions stood frozen on his face while walking down now rushing to get out of the house.

"What happened to you that fast?" Tas'hania was struggling to keep up with Nassiah. She moved quickly shutting the front door behind her as she fled down the walkway after her brother.

"Sometimes I just do- nah I'm fine, tis early" Nassiah nodded at his own words in agreement slumping down into the front seat. He didn't notice the car moving as he was stuck in a deep though, it was rare Nassiah had the time to do that lately. He was always trying to keep someone out of trouble and he couldn't do that deep into his own thoughts.

"So I get out of jail, just for you to lie to me?" Tash Started her guilt trip as she cruised down the street, Ari Lennox on blast and a small smile on her face. Nostalgia. She was glad to be home. "Nassy be more proud of yourself— you're doing good by yourself. I'm proud of you." She spoke sincerely but that only opened for Nassiah to oppose.

"Mane shit was easier.. shit was just easier when my biggest issue was you not finding out I was still in the streets" Nassiah admitted looking out the window of the car. "Now we here, like how did we get here? How did you loose 15 years of your life to a prison cell? By now you was pose to take us all out the hood with your hair shit" He started muttering to himself, was this how it was suppose to be? "How did Dj and king get so fucked up like this- they was just kids— sure some trauma but nothing like this" Nassiah couldn't help but shake his head for the second time this car ride. "How did me and Kiari end up here" he said the last part more time himself. Nonetheless Tash heard it all. Tas'hania hummed along to the song not saying anything as Nassiah let out what he needed too. She didn't dare to say anything, anything that would risk him shutting himself away from the conversation. Before she was hearing cursing and yelling from Djs house as she pulled up.

" Nah fuck this! Maybe it's you! Maybe you fucking me up more! You ruin everything good for you!" Dj snapped slamming the door as he walked out the house.

"If I wanted to whoop ass I would've brought king ass" Nassiah started getting out the car trying to figure out what was going on with Dj and his father now.

"Oh so all y'all gonna lock me up in some funky ass place? Like you too aunt T? First fucking move free is to take my freedom. Fuck y'all- Neva gave a da-"

"You gonna make these people call da fooking police, show some respect fore I beat it in you" Nassiah said as he snatched his god son up. He was honestly trying to save him from his father who was now coming out the house with two trash bags.

"Nassiah let go of him! Dj you're a grown man get in the car and we are gonna talk like one" Tas'hania tried taking the calm route.

"Shut yo bitch ass up Junior, get in that fucking car fore you end up like yo momma not worf a fucking damn" Donnie spoke sternly. "Buck at me one more time like you did in the house and we will fight. And you don't want these issues boy. Get in the damn car- fucking embarrassing"

"We're not doing this shit today, everyone get in the car" Tash tried again.

"YOU'RE EMBARRASSING! I'm embarrassed to carry your name, to be your fucking son" Dj struggled to get out of Nassiah's grip so he could swing at his father. "let me the fuck go- fuck all of y'all" he said pushing Nassiah back- when Nassiah almost lunged forward Donnie shut the trunk which he was putting Dj's clothes in and let out a final huff, he held Nassiah back.

"So say how you really feel, then imma beat your ass for all this disrespect" Donnie clenched his jaw watching his son every move. So once Dj swung and Donnie punched him in the jaw he didn't see Tash swinging at him then a quick one at Dj and finished off with Nassiah leaving all three of the males looking dumb and confused.

"I tried. I TRIED TO BE CALM." She picked up her keys which she dropped while she rushed over to stop the situation from escalating. "Y'all wanna fight so bad y'all can fight me." She stated and all three of them sucked their teeth. "So get in the fucking car— Dj the front now- I'm not asking.. you two the back" she said pointing to Nassiah and Donnie before going to get in herself.

The ride was silent for about 10 minutes, 10 minutes of suffocating tension until Dj cracked. "You can drop me off but I'm grown as shit, imma check my self out"

"So fuck I'm driving a hour out here for Donell Junior?" Tash responded. She sent quick glanced to the passenger seat and once she got no response she got off the first exit of the highway and pulled over. "I'm speaking right? I know I've been away but you do know you oughta respect me right?" She asked holding up a hand to the two males in the backseat itching to say something.

"Yes ma'am,I'm sorry— but I didn't ask for you to—

"I'm doing it because I can see your struggle in everything you do,Because you don't know how to ask for help and it's clear you desperately need some— I'm doing this because my god son.. my first god son needs help- needs to know that he isn't weak, nor am I or anyone who loves him any less proud of him— if he admits he needs help sometimes" she never stopped looking at Dj even though he couldn't find himself to look at her. "You coped the best way you thought you could, this ain't to lock you up, this ain't to take away your freedom— this is home for a group of young black individuals who need help too all for different reasons. All trying to find themselves and a healthier way to cope" she kissed the boys head and sighed softly.

"I can handle this on my own"

"Ain't you tired of trying to do it on your own son?" Donnie spoke. "So fucking stubborn, you don't gotta trust shit I say but know that everyone in this car wants to see you succeed in life"

"Your dad ain't no fucking liar, plus you annoying as hell if Ian had love for you I'd stop letting you come to my house.. and try to fuck my son" Nassiah added since everyone else was speaking.

"I hear y'all" Dj muttered trying to sneak wipe away spare tears running down his face, good thing Tash started driving again taking the focus off of him. Dropping him off after that went calm, Donnie threatened everyone until the staff knew not to play about his son. After everyone said their goodbyes Tash and Nassiah let Donnie and Dj have their own space and headed towards the car.

   "You know I heard you earlier"

"Well you got ears T, so that's good them shits work" Nassiah wasn't trying to get into anything too deep right now. Tas'hania never let things down, never brushed them under the rug or moved past things. She will be on his ass for the next couple of weeks. He shoved his hands in his pocket as the two strolled  through the parking lot mostly just enjoying each other company.

"Don't dwell on what you think should've happened-  soon enough everyone will stop try-

"Hold on" Nassiah mumbled checking his phone and seeing a random New York number calling him. He thought for a second, did he save Mac's number? Before letting the phone ring out he out w phone call to his ear.

"Hello? Hi, is this Nassiah?" The women spoke over the phone. She had a calm voice a bit raspy but other than that it didn't sound bad.

"Who is this?" Nassiah's looked around,first thing he wanted to do was check his surroundings. He saw Tash copying his moves as he listened into the phone. He heard a few sniffling and got upset. "Hello? I don't got time for this shit"

"Yes, yes I'm sorry to bother you, I have never got the chance to meet you nor do you even know who I am, but I'm Lucinda Kline.. I've talked to your aunt here and she told me you have a son with my daughter? Lacey Marie?" Nassiah listened to the women speak politely into the phone, if she called even 4 years ago he probably already be screaming profanity through the phone but none the less. He only exhaled.

"Lacey told me her and her mother don't talk to each other" the male got in the car ignoring the movement Tash was making beside him trying to listen.

"I contacted Lacey for the second time a few years back after finally getting ahold of her, I admit I had my faults when it came to raising her— lost her to the system at 6. When I found her at 15 she had no interest in coming back to live with me upstate and stayed in the city. I reached out to her multiple time over the years to make up for lost time but Lacey was bothered with other things, things I couldn't be around at the risk of my sobriety" she explained but Nassiah listened in and out of the womens rant. None of it answered the real question he was wondering.

"Right, that's a very touching sentiment- why are you calling me about Lacey? I don't fuck with her unless it comes to my son respectfully" Nassiah added watching Donnie finally reach the car. After many protest he finally let Tas'hania lean in to listen to the conversation aswell.

"Yes, this has everything to do with your son. Yesterday morning the prison called me announcing that there were a few riots, she suffered severe head damage. Several stab wounds -

"What are you telling me lady?"

"She's dead, Lacey is dead"

"You for real? Like you better me fucking lying, cause the last thing I needed to hear was my baby mother is dead" Nassiah repeated as anger laced through his body, all he could think of was his son. His big bright eyed boy who was just barley recovering from previous traumas of the year. Now his mother who he made little time to see since she got transferred closer to him is dead. Nassiah hit his head against the window holding the phone in the hand away from it as he mumbled out a string of curse words. Tas'hania on the other hand was trying to cover for whatever Nassiah might say next. Moving quickly she took the phone listening to what else the.women had to say

" Si, Lacey dying might not be all that bad right? Well damn king might take it hard" Donnie said as soon as he got in the car, only catching glimpse of the conversation. Everyone in the car eyes snapped to his with a number of different emotions. Tash hurried up and got off the phone ready to scold Donnie for his remarks.

"You fucked up for that— you funny" Nassiah chuckled his head still against the window as he tried to figure out the easiest way to tell king. Especially due to the fact that they just checked Dj into a 6 month program.

"How you gonna tell h-

"I don't know T, he barely liked her though so maybe that will help"

"Not everyone can completely mentally detach from their parents like you can Nassiah— that's his mom"

"If we tell Junior he's gonna check himself out in five seconds, you know how he gets about king" Donnie started interrupting the other too.

"His ass staying in there, which means we all gotta move smart about how we say this.. or we will be checking king into someplace next" Nassiah spoke with nervousness laced through his voice. If it's not one thing it's really another. "My moms dead I took it pretty well"

Laughter filled the car cutting the tension, "you fucking stupid" Donnie started and Tash shook her head.

"Two things, one your son is not you and you wrong for even saying that knowing your circumstances around that one" she started laughter still spilling from her lips. "Two any emotion you don't process or refuse to process literary comes out of your body as anger Nassiah, everyone in this car knows that so don't even try to lie" she hummed and the other two only mumbled in agreement.

"I know one thing, with everything that's been going on lately— I need to fucking shoot something" Nassiah announced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212K 6K 39
Ethan went to boarding school every year, he didn't love it but it was better than staying home. Every year it was the same, maybe some new classes b...
79.6K 4K 35
"I'll fuck your nigga, keep playing with me." Khalan laughed but wasn't shit funny to him, "Throw that shit in my face again, I'll have Akia calling...
12.7M 516K 57
"Have you tried turning it off and back on again?" •• Christian Ivonov, CEO of Ivonov enterprises, had always been the best at fucking things up. Whe...
1.5M 58.4K 59
Oh this gay.. Right near Hamilton park, a block away was a barber shop- ran by the same old people nothing new, Everyone in the area seemed to kno...