Game of Thrones || The Sword...

By RickyAdams9

UNDER MAJOR EDITING AT THE CURRENT TIME* Ser Arthur Dayne of Starfall was the greatest knight the Seven Kingd... More

Cast
Dawn
Stories
"The Man Who Passes the Sentence Should Swing the Sword"
The Runts of the Litter
The King's Arrival
The Kingslayer
A Dothraki Wedding and Honeymoon
Words of War
Wishful for a Good Fight or Death
Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things
Wolves, Lions and Excuses
A Golden Crown and Bloodied Hands
Betrayal of the Obvious Traitor
The Cry for War
Planning
The Green Fork
The Whispering Woods
The Quiet Wolf put to Rest
The King in the North
The Bleeding Star
"You hold the reigns"
A Dayne at War
On The Move
To Finally See Her Grace
To Conquer a Mountain
Riling the Lion
Talk of Victory and Life
The Prideful Little Lion
The Second Battle of the Ruby Ford
The Black Lion Roars
A Dayne, A Lion, and Second Sons
Work That Leads to Nothing
Cornered
The Plan
Jenny of Oldstones
"Make It Yours"
Battle of the Flood Bowl
A Brother and Sister Reunited
Staines That Do Not Wash
A Frey and a Trout
Distractions
A Red Wedding
A Sign in the Stars
"You want it darker"
Cider and Dead Kings
The Red Mountains
Starfall
Blood of my Blood
Deadly Secrets
Dragon Troubles
Darkstar
The Dayne Slayer
Breakthrough
The Sword of the Morning
East
Angry Snakes
The Art of Compromise
Dragon Dreams
Stone Men of Old Valyria
"Slavery-free" City of Yunkai
A Different Kind of Cat
A Dance With a Dayne and a Dragon
Horselords
The Champion of the Braided Bloodrider
Past Events and Unspoken Emotions
Reborn Through Fire and Blood
Bloodriders for Her Majesty
A Forgotten Will
Love Under the Stars
A New Dawn
A City on the Rise
A Brave New World
Dragonstone
The Mantle of Responsibility
"What You Would Do If You Lost"
"Never Let Go"
The Bait
The Battle of Shipbreaker Bay
The Queen of the Torrentine
Siege
Old Vendettas
The Song of the North
No Mercy
Lost Enough
A Brother and Sister Reunited II
A New War
The Mormont Returns
Secrets and Banter
A Promise
Fall
"The Monsters Are Real"
Warm Again
What They Have
Set Dates
What They Need
Deal Broker
A Knight, A Warrior, and A Lover At Heart
The North Remebers
Slow Dancing
The Lords and Ladies of the North
The Key
Prophecies
Oathkeeper
Ghosts of Winters Past
The Wary She-Wolf
Dragon Riders
An Ever-shifting Future
Burying a Hatchet
An Understanding
A Way Through
The Bridge of Skulls
Shattered Hope
Not Invincible
"It Only Gets Worse Before It Gets Better"
An Old Face from an Old Life
Visions of the Flames
Hard Truths
Bloodletting
The Long Night
The Long Night II
The Long Night III

The King in the North Arises Once More

2.5K 134 14
By RickyAdams9

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

Lightning and thunder crash outside, rain pours down like a waterfall and the waves of the Blackwater Bay crash on the shores.

A little water gets into the council room where a large table carved in the shape of the continent lies, candle lighting up the room. The eerieness of the storm sends chills to my spine.

"On a night like this, you came into the world."

Tyrion states as Daenerys turns away from the large open window, peering back at the Imp.

"I remember that storm. All the dogs in King's Landing howled through the night."

Varys states.

"I wish I could remember it."

Dany moves to the table, grazing her fingers over the part of the table that marks Dorne. And more specifically, Starfall.

My birthplace.

~~Edric Dayne~~

Edric Dayne, acting Lord of Starfall temporarily until his cousin returns to her seat at Starfall.

"When did Daenerys Targaryen and Evelyn arrive to Dragonstone?"

"They arrived yesterday."

Edric says to Rickard as he climbs off of his horse, the entrance of the city of Sunspear up ahead of them.

"And we'll be traveling with the same people that killed the remaining members of House Martell? The House that you and I as Daynes of Starfall serve?"

"Yes."

Edric says with a smirk.

"Doran Martell should have rebelled against the Iron Throne but he didn't. He didn't do anything in all his years as our Prince. Elliara Sand and her daughter's seized power here. I trust them more than I could ever have trusted Doran."

"You act as if you know how to rule."

Edric sighs, frowning at his cousin beside him.

"I was Lord of Starfall once."

"Until Evelyn Dayne came out of nowhere and claimed Starfall and Dawn."

"Yes, exactly. But you didn't seem to have a problem with it considering your allegiances to Darkstar were flexible."

Rickard Dayne remains silent as he looks away from the seventeen-year-old lord. Seeing guards in the platforms around the city walls, Edric raises his hands.

"Who goes there?"

A guard shouts down to the pair.

"Lord Edric of House Dayne! I have urgent business with Lady Elliara Sand."

~~~~~

"Are you prepared to travel to Dragonstone?"

"Who said that you could speak?"

Tyene Sand, one of the younger Sand Snakes asks in full seriousness. Edric looks at her for a moment before looking back to Elliara Sand, raising a brow.

"Why should we go? Dorne is safe."

"I'm going. When Evelyn left Westeros she said that when Daenerys Targaryen returns that I should call the banners to her side. I would think you should do the same."

Edric, in the months since Evelyn has left, has grown up, the responsibility of taking care of his subjects in Starfall forcing the boy to grow up faster than Ashara ever wanted him to. When his mother had passed on in life and Beric Dondarrion made him return home away from the Brotherhood Without Banners, Ashara Dayne made it her goal to shield Edric.

He will always be thankful for her.

"Evelyn Dayne? The same Evelyn Dayne who returned to Dorne after so many years, claiming the sword Dawn and the title of Sword of the Morning without even being a knight, then disappearing to see a Targaryen?"

Elliara says a bit bitterly. She smirks at the young lord in front of her.

"Have you forgotten your Dornish heritage? Have you forgotten we killed the dragons?"

"Not all of them. This dragon is different. Evelyn insisted on it... Besides, the Lannister Lions are a threat to us all. Unless we stand together, the Wheel will keep turning and we'll be helpless to stop it."

Edric states passionately whilst Elliara Sand and her daughters look at Edric with judgemental and questioning eyes. Although, Tyene, the youngest of the four, looks at Edric with somethin more.

Rickard just stands in the background rather awkwardly.

"We leave for Dragonstone tomorrow. I will allow you to join us."

Is all Elliara says as she stands, leaving the Water Gardens along with the three of her four daughters. Rickard walks away as well, leaving Edric with Tyene.

"My mother finds you interesting, as do I."

She stands, smirking at the boy who seems a bit flustered at her as she walks away.

"I'd watch what you drink around here, you know, considering we like our poisons."

Edric eyes his cup of tea, frowning whilst swishing it around before setting it back down on the table.

Nevertheless, he will be going to see Evelyn again.

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"And I swear this...if you ever betray me, I'll burn you alive."

Lord Varys smiles at that, bowing to Daenerys.

"I would expect nothing less from the Mother of Dragons."

I smile a little. Though I do not like people who whisper poison into people's ears and scheme behind other's backs, Varys is a good man who truly does wish for the best for everyone other than himself. He's willing to go the extra yard to help the people. Not the noblemen and women, the people.

Daenerys looks at me with a smile before Greyworm suddenly enters the room.

"Forgive me, my Queen. A red priestess from As'shai has come to see you."

I raise a brow as I stand from my seat, moving alongside Daenerys and the others as we make our way towards the throne room and this red woman.

Entering the black stone throne room, a lone woman dressed all in red stands. I don't necessarily have a good feeling from this woman as she looks at me directly for a moment. Her eyes stare into mine, raising a brow before looking at Daenerys.

"Queen Daenerys, I was a slave once, bough and sold, scourged and branded. It is an honor to meet the Breaker of Chains."

The Valyrian rolling off her tongue catches me by surprise a little.

"The Red Priests helped bring peace to Meereen. You are very welcome here. What is your name?"

Daenerys asks.

"I am called Melisandre."

"She once served another who wanted the Iron Throne. It didn't end well for Stannis Baratheon, did it?"

Varys asks as the Red Woman goes silent, staring at the Spider.

"No...it didn't."

"Quite a night to show up here, isn't it?"

I remark as thunder crashes outside. Daenerys smirks a little at that.

"We had just discussed the pardoning of those who once served the wrong king."

Something about this Melisandre doesn't sit well. She keeps looking at me and then glancing behind me at Dawn, which stays in it's scabbard on my back.

"The Lord of Light doesn't have many follows in Westeros, does he?"

"Not yet. But even those who do not believe can still serve his purpose."

"And what does your lord expect from me?"

Melisandre shifts her eyes to me.

"The Long Night is coming."

Even if my Valyrian is still shit, I could understand that. My eyes widen a bit and I shake my head in disbelief, remembering all the stories from Old Nan about the White Walkers and the Age of Heros.

"Only the Prince Who Was Promised can bring the dawn."

"The Prince Who Was Promised will bring the dawn."

Daenerys sighs slightly, sounding slightly disappointed.

"I am afraid I'm not a prince."

"Your Grace, forgive me, but your translation is not quite correct."

Missandei states, making us shift all of our attention to her.

"That noun has no gender in High Valyrian, so the proper translation for that prophecy would be the Prince or Princess Who Was Promised will bring the dawn."

"Eh, doesn't quite roll out the tongue right."

I say with a smile, making Dany smiles.

"No, but I like it better."

I grin at that as Daenerys turn back to the Red Woman.

"And you believe this prophecy refers to me?"

Melisandre shifts slightly, glancing at me and it annoys me that she keeps doing that.

"Prophecies are dangerous things. I believe you have a roll to play as do two more."

"Two more? Who do you mean?"

I ask and the Red Woman's eyes seem to peer into my very soul briefly before a slight smile creeps onto the corner of her lips.

"The King in the North...Jon Snow."

I stagger slightly, not at all sure if I heard the woman correctly. I stare at her as Daenerys looks at me in confusion.

"What's wrong."

"You mean...the Jon Snow? The bastard of Lord Eddard Stark? That one?"

I ask almost breathlessly and Melisandre nods. I release a sharp breath of disbelief as I run my hands through my curly hair, smiling brightly.

"So the King in the North arises once more..."

"Evelyn, are you okay? Do you know him?"

I turn to her, raising a brow.

"It's the same Jon I've told you about."

"Your brother? I thought you said he was a Brother of the Night's Watch?"

"He is...was..I don't know. This is all so much to take in."

I move to the side of the room, sitting down on the steps up to the throne as rub circles on the sides of my head, groaning a little bit.

When Robb was murdered right in front of me and I fled like a coward, I never imagined that there would ever be another King in the North. I never imagined I would hear of Jon Snow again but now both things has resurfaced simultaneously.

Before Daenerys could even take my hand, I swiftly stand, moving towards the Red Woman at a fast pace, standing right in front of her.

"My last brother is King? Are you sure?"

"I am. I met your brother when he was Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. When he...well, that's a different story. He allowed the Wildlings south of the Wall to save them from the dangers beyond it. He united those Wildlings with all of the Northern Houses to face against a common enemy."

"Your brother? Forgive me, Lady Dayne, but you aren't related to-"

"Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Sansa Stark, Arya Stark and the others are my family, blood or not."

I cut of Varys a bit angrily as he returns to silence. I nod, turning back to Daenerys.

"I need to get a raven to him."

"Are you sure we can trust-"

"Dany, this is my brother! Of course we can trust him. And if Jon has removed the Bolton's and united the North, he will be a powerful ally in the North. With my little cousin in the South and my brother in the North, the Lannisters are beaten."

I take her hands in mine, smiling brightly.

"Daenerys, this could be the start of everything!"

I say excitedly and she chuckles warmly, rubbing circles on my hands with her thumbs before looking at Tyrion.

"Send a raven to this King in the North. Invite him to Dragonstone to discuss a possible alliance."

"Make sure you use my seal as well. A Targaryen sigil on a letter sent North might be seen as aggression by them."

"Right away, Your Grace."

Tyrion says to Daenerys but I can tell he directed that to me as well, which annoys me slightly. He just smiles and bows, walking away as Varys goes to join him.

I hold Daenerys' hand in mine tightly, smiling happily at the thought of my brother still being alive.

"The King in the North... Who would've thought?"

~~~~~
A/N

Who liked that chapter? I certainly did. Throwing in an Edric POV was different and I wanted to try that out. Did anyone notice the weird flirting with Tyene Sand?

Big things are going to be happening considering that war is coming. We haven't had a proper war in this story for a hot minute now have we?

Anyways, I really hope you all enjoy this chapter and story as a whole. If you do, consider dropping a comment or vote to ke me know what you think?

Thank you all so much for reading and for your amazing feedback!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1.1K 51
๐ŸšงUNDER HEAVY EDITING๐Ÿšง Riva Targaryen is Rhagar Targaryen's twin sister. Viserys always envied his older sister and looked down at her just the way...
272K 6.7K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...
17.7K 570 15
๐˜–๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ. ๐˜š๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ. ๐˜‹๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด...
23.3K 1.3K 24
Daeron Dayne is the son of Ser Arthur Dayne and Shaena Targaryen, now Arthur was the only son of his father and mother who wished for him to become L...