The Billionaire CEO

By AidinWhite

{Book #4 of The Winters Series} Five years out of school, and five years that Winters Group had prospered and... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six

Chapter Sixteen

658 19 2
By AidinWhite

I don't think I've ever seen so many camera's or as many media outlets covering the same event.

By noon three hours later it had been broadcast in nearly every country in the world, and that added stress was obvious for Adrian who had been on the phone making sure nothing was ever linked to Winters Group, since it would be the first major incident of one of the company's subsidiaries.

When we got to Dubai International Adrian and I both got onto the jet with complete silence between us mostly due to him looking both mad and focused.

He sat across from me dressed in a full suit with legs crossed and his hands held together tightly in his lap while he looked out the window with his jaw clenched.

There were few times his anger was like an ocean, deep, dark, and intimidating but I could feel it like a weight in my stomach.

"Sorry", the word leaves his lips and I glance up at him being met with his fiery thunderstorm coloured eyes.

"What?" I ask wondering if he had said something before he spoke.

"I can feel your nervousness, and I can see it on your face. So I'm apologizing for being so angry" Adrian says leaning forward in his chair.

"It's alright, I can tell you're angry, so vent, you've been on your phone for hours and it's only made you madder" I say giving him a soft smile that he returns.

"What did I do to deserve you?" he remarks more to himself then me.

The answer is a lot Adrian.

"The pipeline has to be purged of oil, and the environmental cost is going to be over a billion dollars to clean up the oil spill, and Eastern Oil lost over thirty seven million dollars in oil, most of which went up in flames. The repair of the pipeline will cost another four billion, so learning that in three minutes my company lost what will come to five billion dollars in profit, and expenses. My mood isn't good, it's also been seen by top socialites from twelve major corporations, and someone has to pay for it, but Eastern Oil doesn't have the money, and a bail out cost from Winters Group will put Victor in a position to repay what will be paid somehow" Adrian sighs, "This was more then one whole day's profit, but the PR alone could push my whole enterprise and everything we've worked for completely under if this isn't solved".

"You know it was a bomb, they have to find the fragments and piece it back together".

"It's not that simple, arson and terrorist investigations take a long time, nothing can be touched until it's identified who did it, but the chemical compounds of foam, and the need to clean up the mess with mix together, prolonging this whole event".

"So what do we do about it?" I ask reaching over to hold his hands which he gave a small squeeze.

"We wait and attempt to deal with this whole thing with care, it's also odd that in under half a month I'm shot at, and in the exact location of an arson event that could have killed dozens of people" Adrian says.

"Let the police do their job, and stay focused on work, treat it like the other situations, this is far from the first time either of us have been targeted" I muse.

"A kidnapping, threats, now attempted assassination" Adrian laughs, "for fuck sake, why can't we just be left alone".

"One day we will be but until then we make sure we are protected at all times more so then usual" I suggest.

"A hundred twenty fucking bodyguards and I still can almost be killed" Adrian laughs as one of the flight attendants brought the glass of scotch he asked for to him.

Taking the glass Adrian brought it to his lips while I accepted the glass of water handed to me.

The flight took along time but that was expected, and by the time we landed it was four PM in New York.

Adrian then stood walking down the steps to the convoy of Brabas G-Wagons awaiting us at the bottom surrounded by armed bodyguards all brandishing large calibre rifles.

You'd think Adrian was a world leader or the Don of a Mafia family.

I however knew that the Mafia wasn't actually as flashy as the world portrayed them to be, but popular depiction from novelization would have you believe it was what they looked like.

Getting into the back of the vehicle along side Adrian they began moving in a circle before heading off back towards the Hamptons.

Seeing trees was odd, snd almost seemed out of place after seeing sand and tall buildings for the past week.

On the other hand though it felt like home, even if there were six others, the Hamptons always had a familiarity to it even when I first saw Adrian's house.

When the SUV's parked I got out followed by Adrian who took our bags, and began to walk across the yard towards the front door of our large house.

Getting to the door Adrian unlocked the door and we stepped inside our warm house.

"I officially need a shower after being on a plane for ten hours" Adrian groans climbing the stairs and heading towards our bedroom with me not far behind.

Taking my bag I decided I'd deal with it later and walked towards the bathroom which seemed to be where Adrian was going as well.

"You go, I'll use a different one" we both say simultaneously.

Yes, we had showered together before but I also knew Adrian would never let his pride get in the way.

"No you can use it" I say, and he shakes his head.

"No you are using it" he says walking backwards towards the double doors.

"There's two showerheads Adrian" I laugh pushing the door open before walking across the room and discard my clothing into a small pile on one side of the shower before getting in.

Something small I liked about the showers in the house was that they all had heated pipes, instead of a tank that had to heat up and eventually got warm.

It seemed almost trivial but in my childhood home I always had to wait for the water to go from cold to hot eventually.

Though this house belonged to two multi billionaires, and there was no room for error when building this house.

As I got done adjusting the water the other side of the curtain moved and Adrian slid in the opposite side of the shower and turned on the second showerhead.

We both then continued to shower until I glanced over at Adrian who's arm had a burn mark down it which explained the change of suit.

"What?" he asks having caught me staring.

"Your arm has a burn mark down it".

"I'm fine if that's what you're wondering, I treated it and wrapped it when we got back to the hotel" Adrian says, and I can't seem to help the urge to gently touch it.

Running my hand along the healing burn which I know will scar, it feels slightly rough and the redness has faded, but none the less I barely touch it.

"Ouch" he says flinching his arm away and I immediately feel bad before seeing that he's smiling and punching him hard.

"Don't do that" I warn and he laughs, "I thought I hurt you".

"You could only hurt me by leaving, but I know that means I would have to hurt you first, and we both know I'd hand myself to the police if I did".

"You're not afraid of much are you?" I muse with a small smile.

"Only of losing you" he states looking deep into my eyes and I could actually feel my heart swoon.

And here lies Olivia Aubrey Thorne death from endearment.

"You'll never lose me".

"I hope not because I couldn't live without you bellissima" he says, this was something most people couldn't tell apart was if he was smooth talking or if he was being genuine, but those tri coloured eyes gave away everything.

"And I couldn't live without you either Adrian" I reply, as he held the side of my face.

He then leaned down and gently pressed his lips against mine before I reciprocated the act, leaning up so that I could kiss him back.

Pulling me against his chest it was almost like setting a piece of dry wood on fire, with each kiss being like adding gasoline to it.

So there we stayed making out under the hot water until neither of us had any air left in our lungs and broke apart gasping for air.

"Trying to keep up with you is hard" I remark leaning my head against his rock solid chest.

I then hear Adrian's deep rhythmic laugh of amusement.

"I thought you would have learned I can hold my breath for a long time".

"No because I can't kiss you long enough".

"Someone's addicted to my lips" he says.

"And you're not to mine" I implore, and he goes silent. "I thought so".

"Then the addiction is mutual, also you're standing under my showerhead" Adrian points out and I step back to let him have his hot water back.

"Whoops" I say before shutting off my own stream of water so that I could get out and dry off to deal with my clothing.

After a few minutes once I had dried off and gotten dressed in clean clothing I sat unfolding my clothing and tossing it into my laundry hamper, which seemed to be taking a lot of time.

As I neared the bottom of my bag I felt arms snake around my waist, and I glance into my mirror to see Adrian peering over my shoulder.

"How's the unpacking going?".

"It's going alright, why aren't you doing yours.

"It's all done I did it before going to shower".

"Of course you did" I sigh tossing the final item into the hamper and turning around to face Adrian.

"What do you want for dinner?".

"Pesto".

"I'm sure I can manage that" Adrian says rubbing the side of my face and tapping just above where is thumb had been, before pulling away and walking backwards towards the door. "Oh, and there's a smiley face on your cheek".

He then shows me his hand with what looked like makeup on his thumb before walking out of the room, while I rushed to look in my vanity, where there was indeed a smiley face on the side of my face.

"Thanks for the positivity" I laugh before taking a makeup wipe and cleaning it off my face, so that I could go downstairs to help him with dinner.

That's todays update on time too so thats good after the late ass one I gave you all yesterday, also please comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
75.2K 1.8K 60
{Book #2 of The Winters Series} A week after leaving New York Adrian Winters once plagued by blame of the kidnapping of his girlfriend, turned to par...
1.6M 55.7K 57
Hunter Blackthorne, CEO of the most powerful company in the world. Young, attractive and extremely arrogant. Payton Flores, escaping a dark past a...
3.8K 202 61
It had been one year since Adrian Winters ascended to the position of CEO of Winters Group, and had begun building a reputation of his own to break f...