A Dream Within A Dream

By Jk_writes_

Being in an ecstatic world of our own seems amazing, right! Rather than living in a world full of harsh dish... More

Blurb
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 48
Epilogue

Chapter - 27

118 18 191
By Jk_writes_

I looked blankly outside the window as I couldn't see anything because of the darkness that took over the clear sky.

The heat erupting from the heater lost its track of providing warmth when the temperature of the outer world changed its direction.

Lowering the car window, a sudden breeze hit my nose, sending shivery tingles to my body. My dark brown strands of hair got juxtaposed with the outside darkness.

I believe the universe gives signals. The shade of the sky reflects the contrasting aura and helps set the tone of a person's deportment. Like a sudden strike of happiness when the rain pours.

You (you), you are (you are) my universe
And I (I) just want (just want) to put you first~

Stop singing!

In the twinkling light of the night sky, with no set destination, I looked at him in disguise, thinking of what that small smile meant which was plastered on his face.

It was not that I was afraid or something, but a little eerie because I didn't know where we were headed to.

After a while of silence, he stopped the car at an uncanny spot and got out of the car. Walking towards my side, he opened the door for me, signaling from his eyebrows that we had reached the place.

Distant chatter and murmurs could be heard, but when I roamed my eyes to take in the view, it was nothing but darkness covering the moonlight.

Was it the weather that was not on my side or something else was going to happen- which was not giving good vibes.

"Wait here, okay? I'll be back soon!" He said in my ear from back in a husky voice, startling me all of a sudden.

"Wait-" before I could have said, he was gone. I focused on the sounds clearly while I closed my eyes.

As if you are able to see with open eyes! Haha.

I heard the sound of waves moving in slow tides. The direction of the wind helped me to guess that there was an ocean nearby.

"So, you are finally here, huh?" Someone hissed at me and I knew I would be dead anytime soon because my heart skipped some beats together because of fear.

I yelled in response to see who was that person and looked at the person, but I couldn't see him because of the lack of light in my life.

"Who is it?" I asked in a trembling voice.

"You shouldn't have met him, why did you come back? Now suffer the consequences," the person hissed at me again in a venomous voice.

"Joe-e-e!" I heard Vian's voice from the other side and I turned around to face him.

"Sorry to let you wait, all is set, let's go," he said in an excited tone and I looked back at the person to find... no one.

I was sure that I saw someone and heard him. 'I shouldn't have met him? Why did I come... back? Consequences?' I recalled the words he spatted. Met who?

"Shall we?" Vian asked, snapping his fingers at me.

"Yeah, yeah! Yes!" I exclaimed.

We walked towards the side where he went alone first, and I couldn't help but admire the beauty of the place.

It was a beachside restaurant covered with cantaloupe-colored lights wrapped like a honeycomb. A decent number of people were there chattering and laughing and enjoying their food along with the calm and soothing view of the ocean.

I followed him to the table, where he pulled the chair and waited for me to sit down. Realizing this, I closed my mouth which was unknowingly open in admiration of the place, and sat there.

"Seafood, right? I hope I am not wrong?!" He asked to hope to hear the reply he wanted to hear.

"I love seafood!" I exclaimed while smiling brightly. "But you don't like it, right?" I asked immediately.

"Huh? I don't know, actually, but I once had prawns sushi!" He said enthusiastically.

"And?...." I asked.

"... And I hated it..." he remarked, showing me his teeth with wide eyes and closed his mouth instantly.

"How do you know, though?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I can read minds muahahaha-" I acted like a villain, but soon I realized it was not funny at all.

Yep, not funny.

"Hahahahaha Ha ha-" he attempted to laugh but couldn't, which made me laugh in real.

We ordered the food keeping in mind my hate for extra garlicky stuff, but other than that it was all so mouth-watering.

The lady who took our order came back and filled the table with different varieties of seafood. Vian's face, when he saw the lobster, was so worth it.

"Don't worry, it won't bite," I whispered in his ear while coming closer.

After placing the food, she took out something from her jacket and handed it to me.

I gasped in blankness when I saw a rose which she just handed me and left after showing me a huge smile.

It was the same rose that I saw in Vian's car. Don't act stupid, it's for you! I guess? Is it?

I immediately looked at him while he was still giving infamous looks to the lobster.

"You said this was for someone," I said.

"Yep and it got delivered to whom it belongs," he said drawing circles with the spoon in his empty plate to which I smiled.

He made that priceless face which was so worth watching that I couldn't control my laugh when he slurped down the oysters.

"How can someone eat this?? Excuse me for a second," he said, and drank the drink he ordered in order to swallow them without chewing.

"Hey, don't do that, it's not good for your health," I spoke, seeing his actions.

"Have this bite," I made my favorite package of a little crab meat, rice, seaweed, and kimchi on top.

He looked at me and gave me a confused look. My hand was still in the air holding the food-filled cutlery, while he was just looking at me and then at the food.

"You can take the spoon from my hand and then eat-" Before I could finish my sentence, he leaned in and opened his mouth, devouring the food, and smiled. His mouth was so full that his eyes got closed when he smiled.

"How's this one?"

"Make another one," he grinned, still chewing onto the last bite, to which I felt something.

I remembered the first time my mom and I went out, and she fed me food this way because I was too lazy and clumsy to eat by myself, I made that same happy face.

"So, tell me something about you. I know you since the beginning of our sophomore year but still, I don't know much about you," I said.

"There's nothing good to tell."

"Come on, anything, your likes, dislikes?"

"I like music."

"Ah, that explains when you were humming that song. Will you sing something for me? Please~" I requested.

"You won't mind if I say no today, right?"

"Umm... okay but promise?" I asked as I didn't want to let him do anything that he didn't want but acted for the sake of others.

"Soul promise." He chimed.

"Soul promise?" I asked, as it was new to me.

"Promise made from soul to soul. Humans lie, souls don't."

"Waaah! Add this line to our book. It touched my heart."

A girl was eyeing him, and it made me want to puke, "Vian! Look at that side!" I said strictly to look in the opposite direction from her. That bitch.

"Umm... what about your family?" I asked out of curiosity because he never talked about them where I was telling him tales about mine.

"I... I live with Casey," he said hesitantly.

"Casey?"

"She's my childhood friend. We moved here 3 years ago with her family because of some personal reasons, but her parents shifted back to their old home because of their business."

"Oh!... What about your family?"

"Will it be okay if I don't talk about them? Just think of them as they are far away...far away from me."

He excused himself for a moment and went to the restroom. Maybe I shouldn't have asked about his family. He always felt uneasy at their mention. I'm such a fool.

That you are. No doubt.

It was 15 minutes that he was gone, and I started to get an uneasy feeling. I looked straight and in a flash, I saw... blood.

Blood? Better this not be precognition! I thought and ran outside to find Vian.

Walking my way towards the restroom, I saw a familiar figure lying on the ground, back supported by the wall.

"Excuse me, sir? Are you okay?" I asked from distance and walked towards him sulkily.

There was no one in sight, and fear took over me at the man's empty response.

"Excu-" words stuck in my mouth as I found Vian unconscious, his nose bleeding like a waterfall in red.

"Vian! Vian?" I tapped on his cheek and shooked his shoulders, but he didn't budge.

What should I do now? What's going on?

Suddenly, his phone vibrated and without a second thought, I picked up the call as the name flashed on the phone was none other than Casey.

"Hello~" she spoke politely, but soon her voice became concerned as she heard my voice.

"Hello? Casey? What should I do? He is unconscious...his nose..." I said with a trembling voice between my sobs.

I didn't know when water started to come through my eyes, but I only knew one thing at that time. That- it was all my fault.

"Josephine? What happened? Why are you crying? Where's Vian?" She asked in a concerned voice.

"I don't know, we were eating and... and then I don't know what happened... he excused himself... and then I found him unconscious," I managed to tell her all in short.

"Is his nose bleeding?" She asked.

"YESSS!!"

"Did you talk about his parents?"

"YESss?!"

"You did not! Okay, calm down, did he take any medicine by any chance?" She shouted and then controlled herself.

"Noo?! Was he supposed to?" I asked.

"Get his bag, there you'll find a white bottle of meds, feed him one and as soon as he gains consciousness, tell him to take deep breaths and send me the address, I'm coming! Better do one thing, drive him home," she said all in one go and stopped to take a breath.

"Drive? Hello? Hello? I don't have a license!" I shouted in the phone call and soon realized she didn't stop to catch her breath, but Vian's phone's battery died.

Not only that, but I tried to call Xav from my phone, but it showed not reachable every freaking time.

Luckily, I had the unused tissue in my pocket which I didn't know why I borrowed in the first place, I gently cleaned the blood that was still flowing through his nose.

After that I went to take his medicines. But the sight made me gasp in horror.

The rose he gave me was cut into tiny bits of pieces like someone had mercilessly tried to destroy it. I took out the chunks and put them in my bag, taking his bag along with some water.

I didn't know what was happening! But all I knew was to take him home as soon as possible.

Address? His address? Where should I take him now?

"Vian, Vian! Tell me your address," I asked him politely and got the answer in jumbled words.

Connecting the dots, I put the address and followed the instructions of the GPS.

After what took 20 minutes or something, I reached a pretty big house and ran towards the door and rang the bell uncountable numbers of times.

The door was abruptly open, and I saw the last person I expected to see here.

"XAVIER?"

"Where is he?" He asked and as soon as he looked at the car parked at the distance, he ran towards it followed by a concerned girl, whom I suppose was Casey.

Reality hit me when I remembered that girl I saw in the library... that was none other than Casey.

Happy realization.

He carried Vian into the house, following the directions of her towards his bedroom.

I was feeling something terrible... It was guilt. I shouldn't have asked him about his family when I knew he tries to avoid this question every time.

I stood at the main gate trying to process what was happening, gazing at the frame set near. A frame of a black lake with two swans.

─•❉᯽❉•─

🦋Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 8.4K 48
Meet Willow Woods, a very passionate beautiful girl who has a fun and free personality. Willow always knows what she wants and she won't let herself...
26K 2.4K 33
~What if you find your soulmate but he's already dead?~ Charlotte is a last year Psychology student, hating the dorm-life she moves into an apartment...
52.7K 2K 47
โœ… Complete โœ… When Campbell Kramer accepted a job offer in Manhattan, she never could've imagined what the city had in store for her. Namely, two hand...
148K 5.8K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...