When I Look At You (Book 2...

Von MercyRose

Amy is a focused student and just wants to enjoy a care free senior year. Her family is fiercely over protec... Mehr

Chapter 1 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 2 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 3 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 4 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 6 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 7 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 8 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 9 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 10 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 11 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 12 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 13 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 14 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 15 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 16 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 17 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 18 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 19 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 20 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 21 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 22 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 23 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 24 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 25 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 26 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 27 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 28 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 29 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 30 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 31 (Amy) (Edited)
Chapter 32 (Steven) (Edited)
Chapter 33 (Amy) (Edited)

Chapter 5 (Amy) (Edited)

186K 1.9K 44
Von MercyRose

*****Edite by krisgee*****

2011 © All Rights Reserved

Chapter 5 (Amy)

            I walked back into the school with him following closely behind me.  I looked at my watch and realized that we had spent most of the day outside.  Perfect, the last class of the day had just started. 

            My Mr. Hunky Brown Eyed stranger had said his name was Steven.  I was still inclined to call him Mr. Hunky Brown Eyes; it suited him so much better.  I snuck a quick glance back over my shoulder to see him watching me intensely.  I smiled at him and felt him pull me back against his broad, hard chest. 

            His arms wrapped around me and I could still feel my skin tingling all over from his touch.  Some girls craved chocolate others liked jewelry but I craved his touch.  There was nothing in this world that could ever compare to how his fur felt against mine when he marked me with his scent.  It felt so good when his body was against mine.  Instinctively I pressed against his back and nudged my head against his neck.  His chuckle came from above me and I felt it warm me deep down in my belly.

            “Princess, if you don’t stop that we will never get back to class,” he replied huskily.

            I sighed and turned around in his arms.  His lips lowered to mine and he brushed a gentle kiss against my lips.  I felt him mentally push into my mind. 

            “Take care Princess, don’t let that brother of yours give you a hard time.”

            I had seen the sincerity on his face and nodded in my head.  “I won‘t,” I mentally pushed back to him.

            Regrettably he loosened his arms and I stepped away from the comfort of his body.  I heard his sigh and immediately felt bereft from the loss of his touch.  His chocolate brown eyed stare seared me deep to my soul.  After a few moments he nodded his head in the direction down the hall.

            “Go on Princess; get to class before you get in more trouble.  You’ll see me later.  That’s a fact that I can definitely promise you.”

            I smiled up at him before turning on my heel to head to English class.  I was no more than two steps away when I felt a smack on my butt.  I froze and turned back to see a smirking Steven.

            “I warned you Princess,” was all that he said before he abruptly turned and headed down the hall in the opposite direction. 

            Damn that boy.  In all of six hours he had managed to turn my whole world upside down.  I woke up this morning ready for my senior year and looking forward to graduation.  Now half way through my first day I found out I had a mate.  I ran my hand through my hair absorbing all of the facts.  Wow, a mate.  Mom was going to have a cow right after Zach finished having his little conniption fit. 

            I shook my head as I opened the door to the classroom and walked in.  Ms. Myers was standing at the front of the room and gave me a questioning look. 

            “Um, I had some trouble with my locker,” I tried to explain as the reason for my tardiness.

            She looked down at me through her glasses that were just barely balancing on the tip of her nose.

            “Well, Ms. Martin.  I will let it go this time, but see that it doesn’t happen again or there will be consequences to pay.”

            I nodded my head, thankful that she was going to let it go when I spotted Tabby sitting in the back.  There was an empty seat by her that I immediately headed for.  Dropping my book bag beside the desk, I slumped into the seat.  I reached into my bag and pulled out my notebook and pen as Ms. Myers continued to talk about her expectations for class this year.  I straightened in my desk and a piece of triangular paper landed in front of me.  I glanced back at Tabby and she was looking around at everything except for me and Ms. Myers.  Way to try and be a little less obvious, I thought to myself before turning back in my seat.

            I glanced up to be sure that Ms. Myers was still totally engrossed in her lecture before I tried to inconspicuously open the note that was thrown on my desk.  Looking down I read, you have to tell me what it was like to lose your virginity, and I want details; lots and lots of details.

            My face flushed red as I quickly folded the note and stuffed it in my back pocket.  I could not believe that she had asked me that.  I turned to her and she was cheesing like a monkey.  She mouthed, “Well?”

            I huffed and turned in my seat.  I was determined that she would not get the satisfaction of seeing me blush.  I may be a rookie at this whole mate/boyfriend deal, but I was sure that girls didn’t ask about the deal once it was sealed.  At least I didn’t think they did. 

            I was trying to concentrate on what Ms. Myers was saying when my thoughts flitted to Mr. Hunky Chocolate Brown eyes again.  The way that he looked at me made me feel so feminine.  No one had ever looked at me the way that he did and I realized exactly how much I liked the way the he had looked at me.  If felt pretty damn good. 

            I felt someone kick my shin and I yelped.  I glared over at Tabby when I heard Ms. Myers speak.

            “We are all waiting, Ms. Martin”.  My eyes widened and I sat up taller in my seat.  Great what the hell did I miss?

            “Um, I’m sorry Ms. Myers, but can you please repeat the question?” I stumbled out just before the bell rang.  “Thank God,” I muttered to myself as the entire class jumped up and was rushing out the door.  Tabby picked up my book bag and grabbed me by the arm, effectively dragging me out of a classroom for the second time today.

            Once we were in the hall she shoved me into the bathroom and gave me an expectant look.  I stood against the sink and crossed my arms while narrowing my gaze on her. 

            Impatiently she blew out a breath and all but screamed “Well?”

            “Nothing happened,” I replied and ended with, “Not that it’s any of your business.”

            A sly smile lifted on her lips. “You lie,” she said simply.  “I can smell him.  He marked you with his scent.”

            I shook my head in denial.  “We kissed.  He did mark me with his scent in wolf form but we didn’t bond, okay?”

            Tabby kept that stupid smile on her face “What’s it like?  I mean when you find your mate.  How did you know?”

            Memories of what his first touch felt like on my arms when I ran into him rushed in my head and I couldn't help but to grin. 

            “Electrical shocks are the best way I can describe it when he touches me.  It’s so true when people describe the tingling sensation leftover from your mates touch.  The way his lips first felt against mine and his taste, oh god; that was so heavenly.” I replied dreamily.

            “You are such a lucky bitch,” Tabby announced.

            I shrugged my shoulders.  “Well, unfortunately, Zach doesn’t think so.”

            “Yeah, I kind of got that vibe myself in the hall earlier,” she answered while checking her lipstick in the mirror.  “Come on, let’s find Liza and get out of this place.”

            “Yeah, that sounds like a plan to me,” I told her.

            We both walked out of the bathroom and didn’t have to go far before we found Liza talking to a group of guys, of course.  She had seen us coming and had a knowing smile on her face.

            “Time to go Liza,” I said curtly.  I felt very uncomfortable being around all of these males.  I noticed how she stuck her nose in the air and sniffed.  Her eyes widened. “It’s true, the rumors are really true,” she repeated in a voice filled with awe. 

            I covered my face with my hands and mumbled through my fingers, “Not here please.  Can we just get out of here?” I asked anxiously.

            “Of course, Amy,” she said as she looked at me with concern in her eyes.

            Liza looked back at the group of boys that she had been talking to and said, “Guys, I’ll see you tomorrow“.  All of them ardently smiled and waved like little trained puppies.  She has that magical touch that has them melting in her hand like putty.

            We girls turned and headed out the door for Tabby’s car. 

            “Who is he?” Liza asked as soon as we were out the doors. 

            Tabby interjected. “The new hot man candy,” she said with a smile. 

            Liza’s mouth gaped wide open, “The new guy?  Seriously?  He has a hot body.”

            A little annoyed now I replied, “He has a name. It’s Steven Harper,” I said with a tone that I hoped to end the subject.  I was not impressed that my cousins were ogling my mate’s body.

            We reached Tabby’s car when I felt a hand wrap around my arm in a bruising grip and pull me off balance.

            “Hey,” I snapped before I looked up to see it was my brother.  Standing behind him were Jake and Leon.  His nostrils were flaring and his eyes had gone pitch black.  Shit.  He really was pissed.

            “You, young lady are riding home with me today,” he said in his alpha tone.

            “But, but what about, Jake and Leon?” I asked.

            “They are riding with their sisters.  Let’s go now!” he commanded.

            I did not like this side of my brother.  He had never tried to push his alpha authority on me.  I had seen him use it on other members of the pack, but never me.  I dutifully followed in behind him as he kept his hand tightly around my arm.  Once we reached the car he opened the passenger door and pushed me down in the seat.  I took a chance to look up at him and his eyes were still black as the night.  He slammed the door closed and I flinched at the sound.  I watched him closely as he walked around the car and slid into the driver’s seat.  With jerky movements he pulled out his keys and started the car.  For the first time in seventeen years I actually felt the slightest bit of fear from him.  I had never seen him loose his control like that before, and it was upsetting to say the least. 

            The drive started in silence and I kept my eyes facing out the front of the windshield.  I didn’t dare take a chance and look over at my brother who was obviously pissed off.  Half way home he finally spoke.

            “Why?” he asked angrily.

            I took a deep breath before I answered him.  “What do you mean why?” I asked softly.

            “Why did you directly go against my order, Amy?”

            I slowly turned my head towards my brother and asked cautiously, “What order are you talking about Zach?”

            “You reek of him Amy.  I told you to stay away from him and you disobeyed me.  I know exactly what you have been doing.  You let that damn rogue touch you,” he said through gritted teeth.

            Anger was coursing through my veins now.  I couldn’t hold myself back any longer.  “You know nothing of what I have been doing Zachary Evan.  You may be my brother, but that doesn’t mean that I have to listen to you.  You’re only three whole minutes older than me,” I said as I crossed my hands over my chest.

            “I am your Beta and I will be your future Alpha.  I have every damn right to tell you what you can and can’t do when it comes to your safety.”

            I huffed at him and rolled my eyes. “Whatever,” I said.

            I refused to argue with him when he was in this state of mind.  Steven was my mate and I was old enough to start making some decisions on my own.  We pulled into the driveway at the house and before the car was cut off I opened the door and ran in the house.  I heard Zach call after me but I refused to turn back.  Mom was standing in the foyer and I ran right by her.  I wasn’t ready to listen to another lecture about what was supposedly right for me.  How could Zach even understand what I felt for Steven?  He thinks he knows things, but he really doesn’t.  Until he finds his own mate he has no right to make those types of demands at me. 

            I reached my room and slammed the door behind me.  I locked it and turned around.  Sighing heavily, I leaned against the door and let myself fall to the ground.  Tears filled my eyes, blurring my vision. God, what was happening to me? I cried as I covered my face with my hands.  I sat there four long minutes and let the day’s events run through my head when that sexy voice entered my mind.

            “Princess?” I heard him call out to me and a smile curled on my lips.  My Mr. Hunky Brown Eyes.  Right then he was the only thing that actually made any sense in my life and when he called for me all the anger and despair that I had been feeling just seemed to just wash away.  I let a memory of his beautiful face flash in my mind before I answered him with an inviting tone. “Yes Steven?”

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

36.4K 1.2K 22
Delaney likes to keep to herself and she has a good reason to. Her family isn't exactly normal, they're not even human. They're witches. No, they're...
685K 11.6K 32
"Oh god," I made little gasping sounds, unable to stop my eyes from rereading the note again and again."This can't be happening." Love conquers all...
2.5M 24.7K 39
Michelle doesn't want to think about her parents divorce. No more, then she already has. Michelle swears she will never let herself forget what her...
509K 11.7K 24
Faye thought everything was in her life was perfect until one night when she was six, her pack was attacked. Everyone was killed, including her mom a...