The Undead

SunrisexCamren tarafından

After waking up from her 3-year coma, she comes to find out that the world that she knew is gone, it's an apo... Daha Fazla

Prologue
The Empire
Bitten
Mysterious Abilities
The Pure Blood
Zombie Training
Kicking It Off
Welcome To The Elites
Lost Blood
Infiltrating
Fight To Survive
Escaping The Brawl
Survivors
A Win And A Loss
Out In The Undead World
Escaping The Horde
Dinah's Crew's Journey
Gerald's Journey
Camila's Crew's Journey
Lauren's Crew's Journey
Recuperation
A Long Adventure
The Markings
All Together
To Rest
Finding Sanctuary
Alexandria
Dinner With The Governor
Pairing Off
Tasks
Old Mentor
Only Remain From The Past
Supply Run
Apocalyptic Future Parents
The Honorable
The White House
A Future Family Joyful Day
Grab And Go
Held Captive
The Potential Cure
The Fate Nearing
All Out War
Going After The Big Man
No More Left To Fight

Epilogue

443 16 9
SunrisexCamren tarafından

A/n

And this is when our apocalyptic journey comes to an end. I can't say how much I have enjoyed writing this story and I hope you guys enjoyed it so much. I love you guys and I will see you in other books. Enjoy and thank you for all the comments and votes ❤

-----------

One year later...

Camila's POV

I stare down at my couple-month-old son who is bundled up in his winter clothes and blanket as his green eyes shine against the soft light the sun provides.

"Oh, my beautiful hijo, how much you remind me of your mother," I whisper.

I hear footsteps behind me and I turn around to see Zayn and Gerald walking towards me.

"Morning, Cam," Gerald says.

"Good morning, G," I said.

"Hey! There's our little Elite," Zayn says.

I smile as I place my son in Zayn's arm who cradles him while stroking his cheek.

"I still can't believe how much he looks like her," Zayn says.

"I know," I said.

"Hey, are you okay?" Gerald touches my shoulder.

"I just... I miss her," I sniff.

"Hey, we all do but she'll be back," Gerald says.

"She lost her father figure that day and she doesn't know how to deal with the lost," Zayn says.

"But she has me and Andrew here. I don't like her making trips every month to Washington for an entire week, especially all by herself," I said.

"She should be coming back by the end of the week, trust us, she's hard to kill," Zayn says.

Two days later...

I get out of bed, shivering, as I hear the loud cries of Andrew from down the hall.

I grab Lauren's jacket from the chair and throw it on as I open the door and walk down the hall, entering Andrew's nursery. "Good morning, Drew," I said. I pick him up in my arms and sit down on the rocking chair as I begin to breastfeed Drew.

I stroke his hair, rocking back and forth on the chair as I watch Drew drink hungrily and peacefully, his tiny fist resting against the top of my breast.

"Your mother should be arriving today, Drew. I can't wait to be with her again, I've missed her so much and I know you have to. Hopefully this time I can convince her to stop making these trips to Washington," I speak softly to Drew.

After Drew finishes feeding and I burp him, I change him into his winter clothes right when I hear the house's doorbell go off.

I quickly grab Drew's blanket and leave the nursery, jogging down the stairs. I walk over to the front door and open it.

"Zayn, hey," I said.

"Hey. Get dressed because one of our patrols has caught Lauren's car so it shouldn't take long until she gets here," Zayn says.

"Okay. Take Andrew," I said.

Zayn takes Andrew in his arms and wraps him in his blanket before sitting down on the bench on the porch as I dash up the stairs and into my bedroom.

After changing into warm clothes, I jog back down the stairs and out the front door, closing it behind me.

"Perfect timing, just got a radio call from the gate guards that they are opening the gates up for Lauren," Zayn stands up.

"Let's hurry so we can greet her upon her entry," I said.

"Like always," Zayn chuckles.

I smile at him and take Drew back into my arms as we start walking.

As we approach, we see Lauren's car drive in slowly, the gates closing behind it.

The car door opens and Lauren steps out as one of the guards enters the running car and drives it away.

"Lauren! You're back!" I speed walk up to her.

I lean up slightly and peck her lips but Lauren doesn't reciprocate my kiss and walks past me as she adjusts the sling of the rifle on her shoulder.

I look at Zayn with a knowing look who crosses his arms across his chest and frowns.

I catch up to Lauren and we both walk beside each other in silence.

"You're doing it again," I finally speak.

Lauren doesn't say anything as she just only sniffs, looking down at the ground.

"Why do you keep going to Washington? To the White House? You just keep hurting yourself instead of letting your pain heal," I said.

"Can you just leave me alone?!" Lauren snaps.

I back away from her as Andrew begins to cry in my arms, making me shush him while bouncing him up and down in my arms.

Lauren's face and posture soften as she looks around, feeling embarrassed for snapping in public.

"Forgive me, Camila," Lauren says. She steps closer and kisses the beanie Andrew is wearing as she fixes it. "I have to check up on everyone's stations and the supplies to make sure everything is okay," Lauren says.

"Lauren," I speak softly.

The green-eyed girl avoids my eyes and kisses the top of my head before walking away from me.

I stare at her retreating form before a hand touching my arm catches my attention and I turn to see Zayn.

"I think those trips to Washington are not getting her closure at all," Zayn says.

"I think the same," I said.

Later that night, Lauren and I get dressed for bed as Drew sleeps on our bed directly in the middle.

"We're all worried about you. I'm worried about you," I speak.

"There's nothing to be worried about," Lauren says.

"Yes, there is. We all think, especially Zayn and I, that those trips to Washington and the White House are not giving you any closure at all. You don't see Danai going to the White House every month for an entire week, she grieved too, she loved Andrew dearly but she let him go. It's what he would've wanted for you and her," I said.

Lauren sighs and sits down at her side of the bed, making me move and sit down beside her.

"He was killed in front of me," Lauren says.

"He gave his life for you," I correct.

Lauren takes in a deep shaky breath as I frown, taking her hand in mine.

"You never talked about it. I just know that he gave his life for you because he told the rest and I heard what the rest only saw but you never said what exactly happened," I said.

"I..." Lauren chokes on her words.

"Take your time, baby," I said.

"I've just finished killing the undead on my side. As you know, the President already died up to this point but I turn so I can watch James die and as the undead get him, he has a gun held up to me and as he goes down, he pulls the trigger..." Lauren trails off.

Lauren's POV

The red lights flash and the intercom repeats its message, 'Warning! We are under attack' but all of that blurs out as I see the bullet rushing towards me.

"Lauren!"

I barely hear my name being called and see the body jumping in front of me until the bullet hits them and they go down and when they land is when I see the person's face.

"Andrew!" I scream.

The screams of James reach me although and I look up to see the undead ripping into him, feeding on his guts and flesh.

I reach a hand up and grip the katana handle, unsheathing it before I start slashing at the zombies, killing them.

I stare at James's dead, ripped apart body before I start slashing at it.

I grit my teeth as blood splatters all over me but I don't stop.

"Lauren..." Andrew calls to me weakly.

At the sound of his voice, I stop my actions and I walk over to him, dropping to my knees and dropping the katana as well. I cup the back of his neck and rest his head on my lap.

"Hang on there, Andrew, we can get you out of here," I said.

I put my hand over his bloody one that is putting pressure on his wound.

"It's no use. The bullet hit a fatal spot, it won't take long until I die," Andrew says.

"Don't... Don't, please don't tell me that," Lauren's voice cracks.

"It's the truth, my child," Andrew says. He reaches his other hand up and cups Lauren's cheek. "I've longed desired to reunite with you and I'm glad I got to see the woman you came to be," Andrew says.

"Don't do this, please, not now," Lauren whispers.

"It's the only moment we have left," Andrew says.

"No. Turn and then I'll tell Camila to turn you back," Lauren says.

"I don't want that for me, Lauren. I don't want to cheat death. The man above has chosen that it's my time to go," Andrew says.

"I love you, Andrew, I will never forget you. As my mentor and as my father figure," Lauren says.

"I want you to take over Alexandria. Tell Danai that I love her and not to grieve for so long. And you too my child. Take care of your wife and your unborn kid. I love you," Andrew says.

His eyes droop close and his hand falls from my cheek as I cry his name.

Camila's POV

"And then I grabbed my knife and stabbed him in the brain before he can turn," Lauren says.

"I'm sorry that you could have still had him here with you but he chose not to," I said.

"It wasn't his time yet but I can't change it now," Lauren says.

"He said that you shouldn't grieve for so long. It's been a year now and you haven't honored his word," I said.

Lauren stands up and covers her face with her hands, choking on a sob. "It's hard too," She says.

"Hey, I'm here with you. And I let you name our kid after him. We can visit his grave tomorrow if that's what you need since you had never visited it," I said.

Lauren uncovers her face and nods slowly. "Okay," She whispers.

I walk closer to her and wrap my arms around her neck, pulling her down so we can rest our forehead together.

"I love you, Lauren, so damn much. Andrew was a great man and the little time I was him, I understood why you looked up to him. He gave his life so you can be happy, so you can be with me and little Drew," I said.

"I'll always be with you two. Till death us part," Lauren says.

I smile and connect our lips in a tender kiss as we savor it, pressing up against each other, glad that the events from last year didn't separate us.

Lauren's POV

The next morning, Camila and I dress, ourselves, and Drew in warm clothes before stepping out and walking over to where the cemetery is.

Upon arriving at Andrew's grave we see a figure there and when she stands up and turns around we see that it's Danai.

"Hey, Danai," I said.

"Lauren, came to finally let him go?" Danai says.

"It's what he would've wanted," I said.

"He told you to but I understand why you couldn't," Danai says.

I walk up to be next to her as Camila stands on the other side of me.

"Hey little Andrew," Danai touches his cheek.

Drew snuggles his cheek against her gloved hand, smiling at her before he hides his face into Camila's breasts.

I kneel and rest a white rose at the foot of his grave before taking Drew into my arms.

"Hey, my boy," I said.

I tickle his cheek and Drew laughs before hiding his face in my shoulder.

I sigh and rest my cheek on top of his head as I stare at Andrew's grave. "I wish you could have seen him with your own eyes. You would've said 'My grandson is so damn majestic and I know he will be a badass like his two mothers' and here I'm hoping he is but not just only like Camila and I but like you as well. Hell, he even has your name," I said. I laugh as I squeeze my son in my arms. "You would've probably gotten a heart attack and you would've probably called him by his full name every time you saw him, Andrew Lincoln Jauregui Cabello," I said.

Camila and Danai laugh behind me causing me to laugh as we all know that, that will be true.

Our laughter dies down and I sigh as I rest a gloved hand against the snow at the foot of the grave.

"I guess it's time for me to let you go. But you'll always be with me, in my heart, and my son will always remind me of you too because he has your name after all. I'll also make sure that he knows that his name came from his badass grandfather. Thank you for risking your life so I can be here for my family, thank you for everything. I love you, Andrew," I said. I stand up and kiss my son's forehead. "And I love you my little Drew," I said.

Drew snuggles his face more into my shoulder and I turn around to face Danai and Camila.

"I'm proud of you, baby," Camila says.

"Thank you," I smile.

Danai smiles at me and hugs me, kissing Drew's forehead before leaving me and Camila alone.

I smile at Camila as I hold my arm out and she enters it, snuggling into me.

Camila brings a gloved hand up and plays with the little hair's sticking out from Drew's beanie.

"So... Are your trips to Washington done?" Camila asks. She drops her hand from Drew's head and places it on my chest.

"They're done," I said.

Camila pulls away slightly to look at my face as she kisses my chin than my lips.

"Thank God. I always felt like I was dying of worry and I think Drew was too," Camila says.

"You and Drew don't have to worry anymore because I'm going to be as attached to you two as much as I can," I said.

I press my lips to hers in a loving kiss before I pull away and kiss Drew's forehead.

Camila sighs as snowflakes fall all around us, making Drew giggle.

Camila and I look at each other and smile as a few feet in front of us in an open field every resident, Camila's and I's friends, and Andrew's friends have a snowball fight.

"And this is what a happening ending looks like. Let's go join them," Camila says.

I laugh as my wife runs off to join the fight and I sigh happily, looking at Drew who stares up at me, his green eyes shining.

"Despite the world that we're living in Drew, this is as good as it can get," I said.

I kiss his forehead, making him smile brightly at me before I start walking over so I can join the snowball fight.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

11.2K 669 40
Captured and separated from her tribe and family. She and her tribe killed many Confederacy soldiers and now they are paying the consequences. Brough...
9.6K 700 35
Everyone has skeletons in their closets
72.3K 3.2K 21
Vampires Dinah and Normani come across a car accident, a baby being the only survivor. They raise her as their own. Now, a teenage Lauren returns hom...
62.6K 1.9K 20
A cheerleader and a nerd