Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... More

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
꧁༺𝓗𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝒱𝒾𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓈༻꧂

Chapter 23

965 22 9
By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

I was in the middle of my book when I bumped into a hard body and look up to see Bucky towering over me, 'sorry', I said then step back from him and watch a smile play on his face until it disappears.

'It's fine', he tells me and points a thumb behind him, 'your needed in the conference room', he adds and I look at him with narrowed eyes, 'I didn't know we had a meeting scheduled today', I said.

'We don't', he responds, 'the calls from the academy', he adds and I'm beginning to understand and follow him down to where I'm needed.

'What's this about', I ask, hoping he'd know but he only shrugs his shoulders, 'I don't know', he responds and then opens the door for me, so I walk in with him following close behind and shutting the door behind him.

'Agent Y/n', I heard and look over to see Agent Flynn on the holographic monitor, 'what's wrong', I ask because I could see the worry etched in his brows, 'well, there's actually two problems', he responds, 'the first is there was a small fire', he begins.

'You've set the compound on fire', I said, and sigh, 'I'm coming over', I announce but he shakes his head, 'no, it's not that big of a deal, besides we extinguished it', he tells me.

'How bad is the damage', I ask this time.

'Just a room where we put the fax machines, someone thought plugging them into one outlet was a smart idea but we put it out before the fire could spread', he explains and I'm relaxing a little, as long as it wasn't a huge fire and there weren't any casualties, then it was fine.

'Send me the details of everything that was destroyed, I'll pay for the damages', I said and then look over at him again, 'what was the second thing', I ask.

'It's Bryyne', he replies, 'he's sick', he adds.

'Tell him to get some rest and he's off missions until he's better', I said, but he only moves a hand over his scruff, 'that's the thing, he won't get any rest, we tried telling him to get some rest since you guys left, but he just won't listen', he tells me and I sigh, Byrne hates being sick, he'd rather power through without thinking about what it would do to his body.

'So, we gave him some medicine to help, but he accidentally drank the non drowsy kind of flue medicine', he says and I'm confused until Brynne comes wheeling into the room in a chair, 'oh my god Flynn, did you know the walls can talk', he says whilst circling him, 'they have eyes too', he adds and laughs aloud.

'Where are my drugs, I'm feeling wheezy', he slurs until Flynn stops his chair and then a three agents come inside, 'sorry, he keeps moving so fast we lost track of him', Agent Langley says and try to grab him but he fight them off of him, 'hey, no, I'm in charge, so your not allowed to touch me', Brynne yells at them but when one of the agents grabs him, he pushes her away and she hits her head on the wall, so it's then I step in and grab Brynne.

Then I try to put him back into his seat, but he fights me and it's then Bucky, Steve and Thor hold him to his chair, 'Brynne, you need to calm down', Steve tells him but he only struggles against them.

'What did you guys give him', I ask Flynn whilst he helps agent lee up from where she fell, 'he drank a whole bottle of non drowsy medicine instead of the normal kind', he responds and then another agent comes in with something in his hands.

'I got the right one, this one should knock him out for a couple of hours', he states and then walks over to him, 'here you go Brynne, this is the drug you wanted', he says to him and it's then he stops struggling, snatches it out of his hands and chugs it down.

'Put him to bed and look after him', I instruct Flynn and he shares a small nod, 'I will', he replies.

________

I grabbed a coffee and sat next to Loki when he decided to show me something, to cheer me up after hours with the video I had been skimming, so for his own amusement and to get out of my own headspace, I looked at him and gave him my undivided attention, then saw his hand coming up whilst sparks of fireworks flared up from the fingertips of his hands and I looked at it in wonder, 'wow, how did you do that', I said, putting my hand to it and feeling how realistic it was, 'my mother taught me', he says as it stopped and looked at me, 'put your hands out', he instructed as I look at him and did it.

'I don't think I'll be able to do that', I said, when figuring out what he was trying to do, 'you will', he says as I sigh to myself and shook my head a little, 'now close your eyes', he says as I did it.

'Now, think of something that makes you happy', he says as I smiled, 'uhm doughnuts', I said whilst hearing the pair laugh as Loki refrained from it, 'concentrate', he says as I sighed, 'Fine'.

'Have you thought about something', he questioned as I nod, 'Hmm', I mumbled and then after a moment, I opened my eyes, 'see, now that your amusement is over, I'm done', I said as he continued to stare at my hands, 'look down', he says as I did and saw my hand, glistening over with stars and dust... wow, the thought ran across my mind, 'I think mine is prettier', I said as he rolled his eyes whilst they chuckled, and my other half agreed.

________

*Bucky POV*

I wanted to give Y/n the wrap that I had made, it was something to cheer her up after the video she watched of herself and I knew she needed to eat something because it had been seven hours since she'd last eaten something, so I wanted to make her something because I know how forgetful she is when it comes to eating, but when I entered her room and I looked over at her, the first thing I notice is the notebook on her legs with a pen falling from her hand whilst she drifted off.

I smile, put the plate on the counter, walk over to her and carefully take her pad, close it and put it to the side. The next thing I do is take her legs and drag her down slowly, manoeuvring her as slowly and carefully as I could.

Once her head was on the pillow, I moved my hand to her face and tucked the fallen hair behind her ear, which made her mumble something I didn't understand.

When I figured I needed to stop staring at her before it gets creepy, I get up to close the light for her, but stop when she grabs my hand, pulls it towards her and hugs it to her chest, just like the other times she's done it and I'd just chuckled and sat there, letting her hold it, from past experience, it wouldn't be the best idea to take it from her anyway.

So, the next thing I do is take my shoes off and climb into bed, but stay on top of the covers, that would have been safer anyway, I don't want to be crossing a line I have no right over until she steps there first.

I get out of thought when I hear her whimper and stare at her, 'shh', I say whilst strolling my finger on her cheek, which seems to calm her a little and when she moves closer to me, the point of her nose touches mine and when I wanted to create a distance between us, she kisses me and it catches me by surprise, 'peaches', she mumbles when she pulls away and instead of being upset, I laugh, I did just have some really good peaches from Mrs Patreski earlier, she was a sweet old lady, who saved me her best stock and the fact that she loved me.

'You better remember you kissed me or I'll be mad', I tell her and move her closer so she's comfortable.

________

I was staring up at the ceiling and in my own train of thoughts when Y/n's nails dug into my chest and I look at her when she begins to whimper and cry out, so I ran my fingers down her cheek, to help calm her down and when I thought she was beginning to still, she instead began to thrash around, yelling in the process and I had to sit up and steady her so she didn't accidently fall onto the floor.

'Buck', I head and looked over at Steve, who at some point came in and began to stare at her and it's then her hand met my cheek and she struggled against me again, but I hold her arms to her chest and keep her pinned there, 'Shh, Doll, it's okay', I whisper to her but she only struggles more and I try not to hurt her.

'Buck, I can handle it from here, you should leave', Steve says when I look at him and shake my head, 'I'm not leaving her', I tell him because I promised her I wouldn't leave and I won't go back on that promise.

'It's okay Doll, it's just a dream', I begin to sooth her, but she screamed even louder that it erupted more then her room, 'Doll, wake up', I call out to her and give her a small shake, but she does nothing but struggle in my arms.

'What the hell is happening here', I heard Nat say and I look over to see the whole team here, which wasn't surprising, seeing as her screams shook the entire base.

'Get her to wake up', Wanda suggests as I keep her from hurting herself, 'that's harder then you think', I said and just when I thought about a way to get her to wake up, she instead levitated out of my arms and I stare at her the same way the team is looking at her, shocked, because she can fly.

When I stepped over to her and put out my hands a voice stopped me, 'BUCKY STOP, DON'T TOUCH HER', the familiar voice chimed in as we all look over and see Loki coming in, 'don't touch her', he repeated as I became confused and just when I was about to questioned it, he locked the door, 'No one talks, moves, or fights her', he instructed as we all stare around and gave each other a questioning look, but we listened, even though I was confused, along with everyone else.

'Hail Hydra', she spat out as my neck twisted round, and I could feel my eyes bulge out, what did she just say, I said to myself as she hit the mattress and then the floor after she jumped off.

'Stand down soldier', Loki says as we look at him and she circled him, 'glad we could meet again', she began to say as he looks at her, '...I'll make your death quick', she says and it's then Loki's daggers swung into her direction and I stepped forward when my heart leaped into my throat, 'don't hurt her', I spat out, because he was an inch to her throat and if she hadn't had ducked away from the blade, things would've ended differently right now.

Her arm then came swinging, as she crouched down, allowing one of her legs to sweep under him and just when he fell and lost the grip on the dagger he had, she took it, yelled, and pointed it to his heart, 'Steve, a little help', he says as I watched him walk over and push her off.

The dagger twirled in her hand, once she got up, flew up and plunged into Loki again when Steve fell to the corner of the room and just when I knew this was getting out of hand, I moved over, stealthier and used the element of surprise when it took her by surprise that I'd actually grabbed her, 'let go of me', she says, struggling in my arms, 'calm down Doll', I whispered in her ear but there was nothing there, she didn't even say anything, only struggled and when she got the upper hand by throwing her head back, I swung my arm to the nape of her shoulder, knocking her out immediately.

I quickly grabbed her before she hit the ground and cradled her to my chest, 'is she okay', Steve asked as I nod, 'yeah, she will be', I said whilst checking over her.

'Does anyone care to explain then', Sam said, breaking the silence after a moment and I got up to put her back in bed, 'I think she'll have to explain that when she wakes up', Loki says as I grab the blanket and tuck her in, comfortably.

'We should let her rest', Wanda says as they agreed and walked out whilst Steve and Loki stayed in the room, 'how did you know', Steve questioned as I stroked her forehead from the bruise I could see throbbing through, 'this isn't her first she's done this', Loki says as I furrowed my brows and looked at him whilst Steve did too, 'what do you mean', he asked as his hand wiped the blood from his nose and just when he was about to say something, she moved to her side and I whipped my head back to her when she took my arm and pressed it against her chest, like she's done all the other times and I just smiled as she became comfortable again.

*End of POV*

________

I woke up to a throbbing headache again and sat up, 'are you alright Y/n', I heard Steve's voice amongst the ringing in my ears and nod when I realise he was in the room with Loki, 'would you like some water', he asks and I nod again, 'Mmm', I mumble and the ringing is replaced by footsteps as I sigh, 'what happened', I groan, 'and why do I have a massive headache', I ask, 'the last time I...', I began but cut myself off when I moved my face out of my hands and looked at the pair of them.

'What did I do', I ask this time because I know from previous events that have happened, I've never had the worse headaches unless I lost control and Loki had to intervene again and stop me.

I looked at Steve first, who had a mean looking bruise below his right eye and I indivertibly pressed my fingers on it, 'I'm sorry Steve, I didn't mean to', I said and he gives me a warm smile.

'It's okay, it was an accident', he says with the kindest eyes and I sigh, 'who else did I hurt', I ask and look at Loki who looked like brand new and didn't have any evidence of him being in a fight.

'No one', Loki replies and I sigh a sigh of relief whilst they both begin to tell me what happened and begin to unfold the events, but no matter how much of it I took in, it didn't help me regain my memory of the event's, I don't know what I did or how it happened because I'm usually more careful with my sleep pattern and I know if I get too much sleep, it will make my body lose control of itself and then I lose control, but I was thankful to Loki and Steve, they stopped me and that's all I could've asked for.

'I'll go get you something for your cheek', Loki says and I nod and watch him walk out, 'How did he know to stop you', Steve asks and I move my eyes back to him, 'because it wasn't the first time I did this', I said, 'Loki stopped me a few weeks after I got here, and other times, including a few hours ago', I explained, '...I tied myself to the bed, but that was never enough, he took care of me and let's just say I was fortunate', I said.

'He never mentioned it', he says and I nod, 'I told him not to, but that was a bad idea', I reply and then look at his cheek again, which throbbed even more, so I pressed the bottle of water I had in my hands to his cheek, 'I'm really sorry', I said and he smiles again.

'It's fine', he says, 'Besides, I've never had a girl fight before', he says and I laugh to myself because he actually joked for the first time, but then frown, 'Stop joking around, it's not funny', I said as he chuckled and then it goes into a comfortable silence and I sigh a little.

'I was meaning to ask Tony, because he owes me a favour, but I was wondering if you could help me instead', I said as he nods, 'what with', he asked as I sighed, 'I need access to unredacted files that no one will let me access, and I really need to look at them', I replied as he furrowed his brows, 'unredacted files', he questioned as I nod again, 'Mmm, they're in a very secret top level government compound, I need help to break in and get what I need', I said.

'And what's in these files', he asked as I look at the bottle in my hands, 'when I was with Hydra, I was injured to a point where they took me to a hidden bunker and kept me their so I'd heal', I tell him, 'Anyway, when I escaped after someone freed me, I saw someone being tortured in a bank vault, the only thing I know, is that he was also tortured and brainwashed too, I couldn't save him then, but, I've been looking ever since, I just... I want to help find him and make sure he's okay', I explained.

It's then the room fills with silence again and when I wanted to tell him something else, he interrupts, 'I thought you knew Y/n', He states, 'that the asset Hydra had, was Bucky', he adds and it's then my eyes fly back to his and I feel my mouth stand agape and stared at him whilst hearing the door creak open, no doubt Loki had come in again.

When I looked over, I saw Bucky instead, coming out of the bathroom and I stood up whilst staring at him, 'I'll be back', Steve says, them moves past me and out of the room, whilst my eyes remained on Bucky, then followed down to his arm and when it reflected off of the light, I saw the imagine flash before my eyes, that was it, that was what I was seeing the day I got out of that vault.

It's him, the voice confirms.

I walked over to him when he moved his jacket over him to wear it and to cover his arm, but I stopped him by wrapping my arms around him, 'you're not a monster for what Hydra did to you', I state and it's then he freezes in my arms and I squeeze him tighter, don't ever let him go, the voice says and I shake my head, I will never let him go, I reply back.

________

'Y/n', Bucky calls out and I squeeze tighter, because I needed it, I've been searching for him for a long time and to learn that he's been under my nose the whole time, I just wanted to keep him close and never let go and to reassure him that Hydra will never get their hands on him again.

'Y/n', he calls out again with the tug of my waist and I tsk and look at him with a frown, 'excuse me, what', I said and watch his brows furrow together, 'is that what you call me', I ask and this time he frowns and looks away from me, 'I'm angry with you', he says and I stare at him, 'you didn't tell me the truth', he adds and I sigh and nod.

'I know, it was only to protect you', I said, because some part of why I left it out was because I wanted to keep everyone safe, 'But I know now how much of a mistake it was', I say, because it was, and if I had told everyone sooner, I wouldn't be in this mess right now, 'Besides you should've told me', I said and see his eyes move to me for a slit second, 'I've been trying to look for you, for a long time', I state and it's then he turns his head and looks at me.

'I was in the vault, the same night you we're, I just didn't see you, only', I trail off and look at him arm, even though the one I saw was silver, I still made the connection, doesn't matter if his arm is black or silver, I could tell, 'If you told me, I wouldn't have spent so much on resources trying to find you', I said.

'You we're looking for me', he asks and I nod, 'I've been searching for you for a long time, no one would tell me anything, and the people who knew about the asset, meaning you, wouldn't tell me for fear of their own lives, so I spent years digging and digging', I reply, 'I'm really sorry for what Hydra did to you and my uncles actions', I said and take my hands from his face then step back.

'Now that I know your safe, I'll leave', I said, 'I don't think you want a reminder of what Pierce did to you, him and Hydra we're my mistake and you paid the price for that', I state, because he did and I only blame myself for not finding out about him sooner, 'I don't want to be a reminder to you for what Pierce did, so I'll leave', I said and when I'm ready to take a step towards the exit, Bucky grabs my hand and spins me around into him.

'I don't want you to leave', he says as I stay perfectly still whilst he presses me into him and I move my eyes to his, 'you're not Pierce, he lost his right to be your uncle the day he tortured you', he adds and closes the gap between us, 'if your gone, I am too, the only reason I stayed longer is because of you', he says and I hear the conviction behind his words as we both stare at each other and when he leans closer, I breathe in his scent and sigh as move my forehead against his, 'I can't', I whisper when he tries to kiss me and instead of objecting, he nods, 'I know Doll', he says and I smile.

'Is that my name now', I ask and he chuckles, 'Yes and I'm not changing it', he replies and I giggle and hug him, 'well I like it', I said and listen to him laugh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 1.2K 25
"Natasha, stop running." Bucky caught her wrist and forced her to look up at him. Her eyes were wild and frantic. "I can't." She pulled away. "Why no...
1.3K 79 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
41.8K 847 128
Michelle lost her entire family in a fire as a little girl. She then grew up in various homes for orphans. All her life she longs for the family that...
311K 8.5K 41
"Sorry, Ned. I've got places to be and daddy issues to avoid!" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Y/N)'s got it all! A lifelong friend, a dea...