Red Lights || HyunChan

By youngNfreeAstronAut

•Destined Souls series• Book 2 •"We are written in the stars"• "Tell me... you hate me. That you can't stan... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19. 🔞
Chapter 20
Chapter 21•
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
🔞Chapter 25🔞
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.

Chapter 6.

200 10 7
By youngNfreeAstronAut

The way back home was quiet, once again. I found myself a little surprised this guy kind of defended me; he surely is fearless. 

What did I even say back to the boss? I'm surely fired by now; I'll just wait for the guy of HR to contact me and tell me I just need to go back for my stuff. 

Between all the thoughts, as I looked back to the ground, I noticed one of the bags was dripping, and that's when I remembered. 

"Wait! The Makgeolli broke, I'll go get another one-"

"Leave it, don't go back there." 

"It's okay, he probably already left" 

"Still, I will drink whatever you drink. Actually, I'm sorry you spent your money for it." 

"No, it's fine, it's food! Money isn't important in that matter, as long as we have something to eat" I chuckled. Chan tilted his head; he didn't seem understand me. 

"Let's just go back so you can eat." He turned his head back to the front and continued to walk.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When I got home and pulled out the stuff from the bags, I noticed I had lost almost all of the ingredients. I cursed under my breath, going to the fridge to check what else I could do. 

"Something wrong?" Chan poked his head through the kitchen door frame. 

"I think I won't be able to cook what I wanted" I scratched my head, a little ashamed. "But I'll fix it, don't worry!" 

"Don't worry about me" He simply replied and went back. 
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
I ended up cooking a classic; Kimchi Fried rice. Not the finest meal for a King, but at least delicious.  I didn't ask him to help me arrange the table, though. 

He has to adapt; I won't be doing everything for him, but he kind of did something for me today, so let's leave it like that for now. 

I set everything up and brought the food to the table. 

"Food's ready, come sit" I waved at him. He was wandering around the living room, picking every decoration he found around. He placed a vase down and came to the table. 

So, I was planning on tteokkboki, but I'll make that later" I chuckled, "So I made Kimchi fried rice" 

"Kimchi with rice?"  He frowned

"Sure" I nodded, "You obviously had Kimchi before, right?" 

"Yeah, but not all mixed with... rice" 

"For real? It's delicious! Try it!" I grabbed a spoon full and put in front of him. He looked at me and then back at the spoon several times, weirdly.

"What?" He asked. 

"Eat!" 

"You're giving me food?" 

"I just want you to taste it. Open" 

He raised his brows for a second before opening his mouth. He looked funny tasting and deciphering every thing he chewed.

"Well?" 

"It is delicious. How did we never think of this before?" He referred to his timeline. 

"Well, maybe you'll go back to do this and that's why it exists in my timeline." I joked, even though it didn't sound that crazy, it actually made sense. 

After eating I brought the drinks. Since we lost Makgeolli, I brought a can of coke and two little glasses to share. 

"What's that?" He pointed at the red can. 

"You'll see" 

I opened it and poured half on mine and half on his. His face was a poem. 

"Why is it black?!" 

"It's just the color. Don't worry! Just try it" I gave him the glass. "Just drink it slow-"

Without thinking it too much, and probably very thirsty, he drank a big one. He wrinkled his face hilariously, covering his nose followed by some coughing. I couldn't help to burst into laugh. 

"Aggggghh what's with the bubbly sensation???" 

"It's the essence of coke!"

"It's so weird! Why would you drink this?" 

"You just had too much for a first try. Try it again, a little less this time. Taste it properly!" 

He drank a little more, tasting it really well. His face slowly changed; he seemed to like it better now. 

"It's weird, but I like it." He said with a serious face. I kept laughing out loud of his reaction. 

"It highlights the spiciness of kimchi" 

"Yup."  "Want some water instead?" 

"No, it's fine, I'll have this" 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"So... Who was that?" He asked. 

"Who?" 

"Back there, the tall guy." 

"Oh, My boss" 

"Your boss? Isn't he young?"

"Well, you're young too, aren't you?" 

"I'm 28" 

"Yeah, me too, and I think he's around that age too; And you're a king" 

"It's because my dad passed suddenly, but if not, I wouldn't be king yet."

"Oh, I'm...sorry for your loss" 

"It's okay, death is something natural." 

How could he say that so easily? I remained silent, and he noticed. 

"Anyway, your boss?"

"Mhm" 

"So let me understand; you gave me a speech on how you don't allow people treating you less and this guy yelled at you and you allowed it?"  

Well, he had a point. 

"It's a little different... He's my boss"

"So?" 

"I need my job because I need the money to live here and buy stuff." 

"Is that the only job in the city?" 

"It's the only good company for what I studied." 

"And so, you're going to let him mistreat you just because the company is good?" 

"It's complicated. It wouldn't be like that, but I made a mistake a some time ago" 

"Mistake?" 

"I had to deliver something to him one day, almost night time, and I got into his office without permission so I kind of caught him..."  Just the thought of it made me feel weird.

"Caught him...?" 

"Having sex" 

"So?" Chan shrugged. 

"What do you mean "so"?"

"Yeah, what's the big deal? Whenever I'm having sex with someone, servants see us" 

"My god! That's so creepy and uncomfortable!" 

"Why?" 

"Wh- because! It's supposed to be a very intimate moment between people. There shouldn't be anyone else watching." 

"It's not like they do in on purpose, but if they accidentally hear or walk around, they just walk away. It's nothing to be ashamed of. " 

"I don't like that idea. It should be private." 

"So what, do you do it locked in a room?" 

"Well, yeah... mostly." 

"Well... So you saw him and then what?" 

"He saw me too. So I ran for my life and waited to be fired, but instead, got a lot more of tasks to do." 

"Why?" 

"Payback I guess." 

"Just because you accidentally saw him? Tch. That's not a reason to behave like he did." 

"I actually saw him again, yesterday, just before I saw you. Who by the way was almost doing the same." 

"Believe me, you startled me because you didn't look like my people, not because you were there." He laughed. 

"Anyway, that's why he's like that. I've ran into his private life three times now." 

"He doesn't own the street; everyone can walk there. He's just a pretty face who thinks he's untouchable. You shouldn't allow him to intimidate you." 

"But-" 

"And if he makes it uncomfortable for you, you should not work for him. Look for something else then, and be happy at it." 

Well, look at that, he taught me a lesson. Everything he said, he was right. 

"Thank you for helping me today" I said, after a short silence. 

"Don't thank me, it's fine" 

I guess he isn't that bad after all. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After food, I told Chan to help me bring the plates back to the kitchen. He sat down like the king he is, waiting for me to do everything, but hell nah.

After cleaning everything up, I arranged the couch for him to sleep. Yes, I did it for him, but only because he doesn't know how to do that. I'll make sure he learns to do it by himself after today.

Pillows and two blankets. I removed the big cushions so he had more space. 

"So... you'll sleep here. The bathroom is at the end of the hall, if you need it. There's an extra toothbrush for you and some other things.  

"Thank you" He bowed. 

"You don't have to be that formal to me, it's fine. I'll go to sleep now, so um... good night" 

"Thank you for the food, also. Good night" 

I turned around and left to my room. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Before going to sleep, I wrote a small detailed list for him. I couldn't take him with me to work, so the best idea was to tell him what to do during the day. 

"Chan. I'll be at work until 5 pm, so here's some things you'd better know. 

If you're hungry, open the big white thing labeled "Fridge" in the kitchen. There's some Kimchi rice from yesterday. Place it inside the silver box labeled "Microwave" and tap the blue button with the number 2. 

Don't be scared, it won't explode. 

There is more coke inside the "fridge

I will send you some food for lunch at 1 pm. Check outside the door at that hour. There is a small clock on the table we ate yesterday. 

Use the bathroom to take a shower. Get inside the glass doors and check the knobs. Green is for hot and blue is for cold water.

I have no idea if you use shampoo or something but you can use mine. It's for your hair, just in case. 

Please don't burn down my house. 

DaEun
.
.
.
.
I woke up really early and quietly took a shower. Got back to my room, changed and did my hair. I slowly walked out to the living room to check on Chan. 

He was sleeping shirtless, just one blanket and one pillow. He looked stunning, actually.

Before leaving, I labeled everything I said on the note and quietly left for work. 

I decided I'd go buy some clothes for him to use during the week on my way back home, as well as new groceries. I bought breakfast and took it to work, since I didn't want to wake him up. 

This is surely going to be a crazy week. 

"Good morning people" I greeted some teammates on the lobby, on my way to the 5th floor. They all looked at me weirdly, but waved back. 

I opened the door of our floor and made my way to my desk; sat down and started eating while I turned on my computer and arranged some papers. 

"Good morning" One of the girls said, and I replied with the same without even looking at her. 

"DaEun, to my office" A male voice spoke, making me turn my head immediately and burning my tongue with unconsciously sipped coffee. 

It was Mr. Hwang, and he didn't look happy at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.1K 3.5K 65
"If the world turns back on you, I would turn too and yell at them saying thank you for leaving because they don't deserve you" "You should just go w...
129K 4.6K 72
✰-,✎*ೃ༄ ▎ 𝗜 𝗛𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗔𝗗𝗠𝗜𝗧 . They met years ago, when Stray Kids was just starting their band and when she was starting her college year...
10.4K 472 13
It started off as a crush... It broke her heart when he didn't return her feelings but that was her wake-up call yet she was glad that they could sti...
134K 4.6K 35
•Away from everything he's known, he meets someone different, someone who, unaware of who he really is, listens to him and tries her best to make him...