The Undead

By SunrisexCamren

After waking up from her 3-year coma, she comes to find out that the world that she knew is gone, it's an apo... More

Prologue
The Empire
Bitten
Mysterious Abilities
The Pure Blood
Zombie Training
Kicking It Off
Welcome To The Elites
Lost Blood
Infiltrating
Fight To Survive
Escaping The Brawl
Survivors
A Win And A Loss
Out In The Undead World
Escaping The Horde
Dinah's Crew's Journey
Gerald's Journey
Camila's Crew's Journey
Lauren's Crew's Journey
Recuperation
A Long Adventure
The Markings
All Together
To Rest
Finding Sanctuary
Alexandria
Dinner With The Governor
Pairing Off
Tasks
Old Mentor
Only Remain From The Past
Supply Run
Apocalyptic Future Parents
The Honorable
The White House
A Future Family Joyful Day
Grab And Go
The Potential Cure
The Fate Nearing
All Out War
Going After The Big Man
No More Left To Fight
Epilogue

Held Captive

174 11 0
By SunrisexCamren

3 days later...

The military car stops in front of the White House as the soldiers get out.

The soldiers that have blue sleeves that are guarding the front entrance walk over and they salute the arriving soldiers.

"Glad to see you guys came back not tattered from your journey," The leader blue-sleeved soldier says.

"Thank you, help us with the girls, soldiers," The leader of the group says.

"Girls?" The leader blue-sleeved soldier furrows his eyebrows in question.

"Do not question me and help," The leader of the group says.

"Yes, sir," The leader blue-sleeved soldier salutes the high-ranked soldier.

After the soldiers carefully take out an unconscious Lauren and Camila, who we're sedated through the journey every time they came close to waking up and the blue-sleeved soldiers replaced by the second group, take the two unconscious girls inside.

At the look of this, soldiers curiously watch as the five blue-sleeved soldiers, the high-ranked soldier, and his men, walk over to an interrogation room, as the high-ranked soldier opens the door.

"Lay the special girl on the bed. The other one, chain her up over there," The high-ranked soldier orders.

The soldiers obey as they do what they were ordered to do.

Once they are done, there's a knock on the open door and at the sight of him, all soldiers stand up straight and salute.

"Mr. President, sir!" They all say.

"Soldiers," The President nods once.

The high-ranked soldier motions to the other soldiers and they take the message, lining up against the walls, leaving the President to be able to see the two girls that are still unconscious.

"Why are there two?" The President looks at the high-ranked soldier.

"The one on the hospital bed is the special one. The chained-up one has gone against your orders. We brought her in for treachery," The high-ranked soldier says.

"Is she the ex-military?" The President asks.

"Yes. Lauren Michelle Jauregui Morgado," The high-ranked soldier says.

"We will let them wake up and then we come back," The President says.

He looks at all of the soldiers and then walks away, escorted by a private security detail as the soldiers follow his order, leaving the interrogation room, the high-ranked soldier closing the door behind him.

1 hour later...

Lauren's POV

I stir as I feel my arms are hung up over my head as I also feel cold metal around my wrists. I look up as I squint my eyes at the blinding light.

I blink my eyes multiple times until they get adjusted and when they do, I look around the room to see that it's like an interrogation room, kinda like the one James held me in but it's in better condition.

I see that the room is just empty but when I look to my left I see Camila on a hospital bed unconscious.

"Camila!" I said.

I strain against whatever is around my wrists and I look up to see that it's heavy steel handcuffs, chained to a metal pole wedged into the wall.

I hear groaning and I look over to see that Camila starts to stir and her eyes slowly open.

"Camila... Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Yeah. But can you... Can you keep it down?" She mumbles.

"I'm sorry," I apologize.

"Where... Where are we?" She asks.

"Looks like some type of interrogation room," I said.

Camila slowly sits up and now I realize that she's not restrained herself.

"Camila... Come over here," I said.

She gets off the hospital bed and when she gains her balance, she walks over to me.

"Hey," I whisper.

"Hi," She says.

"Do you have a bobby pin by any chance?" I ask.

"No," Camila shakes her head.

"Hey, look at me. Remember what I told you when we were getting to know each other more?" I said.

Camila furrows her eyebrows in concentration until she smiles. "You always keep a knife inside your boot," She says.

"Good. Take it out. Hurry," I said.

Camila bends down and reaches into my boot, pulling out a pocket knife as she flips the blade up.

"Have you ever picked a lock?" I ask.

"No," Camila shakes her head.

"Just jiggle the pointy end of the knife in the lock until you hear a click," I said.

Camila nods and starts doing that as we stay deathly silent, waiting to hear a click.

"I saw this coming," I speak softly.

"What?" Camila asks.

"We knew that this would have happened," I said.

Camila sighs as she stops her actions and runs her hands down to rest them on my abdomen as she places her forehead against my chest. "I know," She says.

"I told you I wouldn't have let this happen but I... I failed you," I said.

"No, you didn't fail me. You took a damn bullet for me and you gave protected me the entire time. You did everything but fail me," Camila says.

Before we can say anything else, the door swings open and soldiers file in, lining up against the walls.

Seconds later a well-dressed man steps in with security detail behind him.

I stare at him, knowing that he is the Honorable One, the President of the United States himself.

Camila discretely hides the pocket knife in my pocket as she turns to face the man.

"Ex-military Lauren Michelle Jauregui Morgado and you must be Miss Camila Cabello," The President speaks, glancing at us both.

"Mr. President, sir-"

"Save it, Miss Jauregui! My soldier told you that it was a direct order from me to bring Miss Cabello here and you went against it. That is called treachery especially given that you were still part of the military during the outbreak but decided not to stay with your fellow brothers and sisters," The President says.

"Mr. President-"

"You know what we do to traitors!" The President raises his voice. He turns to the high-ranked soldier and motions to Camila. "Sedate her, take her into the medical room," The President orders.

The high-ranked soldier walks over to Camila, pulling out a needle.

The brunette fights against him but the soldier is stronger and he holds her down, sedating her.

"Camila!" I scream.

The high-ranked soldier motions to two soldiers who move and pick an unconscious Camila in their arms, carrying her out of the room.

"Camila!" I cry.

"And what about Miss Jauregui, sir?" The high-ranked soldier asks.

"We will deal with her after we are done with Miss Cabello," The President says.

"No, wait. Listen to me. What are you going to do to her? Please, she's my wife," I beg.

The President looks at me and walks slowly over to me.

"Sir," One of the private security detail guys says.

He reaches out to him but the President holds a hand up, making the private security detail guy back away.

"Do you know what she is?" The President asks me.

"She's my fucking wife. Of course, I know," I hiss.

"Then you know that her immunity can help the country," The President says.

"You're creating a cure?" I ask.

"We will be having our doctors examine her first," The President says. He turns to the high-ranked soldier. "Stay guarded outside, I will send another high-ranked soldier to join you," The President says.

"Yes, sir," The high-ranked soldier says.

The President glances back at me before leaving the room, followed by his security detail and the rest of the soldiers.

The high-ranked soldier looks at me before walking over to the door and closing it.

I sigh as I hang my head feeling completely helpless but then a fire of determination sparks in me.

"I'm gonna get out of here and I swear to God I will kill every single one of you!" I raise my voice. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 54.9K 44
A small girl catches my attention one day during lunch and I can't seemed to get her off my mind. My new friends and others advise me to stay away fr...
9.5K 700 35
Everyone has skeletons in their closets
62.6K 1.9K 20
A cheerleader and a nerd
20.4K 809 20
After a full recovery, her old life feels brand new Sequel to Memory Loss