𝙸 π™Ώπš›πš˜πš–πš’πšœπšŽ (Free De La...

By Clinch-the-win

"I didn't know you liked lemons. Despite you smelling like them." "I smell like lemons?" Ally Deelo. The boy... More

~Table Of Contents~
~Prologue~
~Deelo Dojos~
~Trials~
~The 'Friendly Match' Tryouts~
~Nightly Adventures~
~And Yet Another Nightly Adventure~
~Tease~
~Sunbat United Vs BC Sol~
~100 Sprints~
~Good First Impressions~
~Spying?~
~First Game Of The European Leagues~
~Stupid Schoolgirl~
~Tight Team~
~Muay Thai~
~Yup, Spying~
~Silas? Ok Then~
~Ugh, The Snake Thing~
~Red Eye Huh~
~I Hate Masks~
~A Form Of Flattery~
~Traps, Traps~
~Dry Ice Jokes~
~White Eye Huh~
~Battle Royale~
~How's The Team~
~Another Pep Talk For The Emotionally Unstable~
~Space Ninja Boss~
~Does This Make Me 3rd Best~
~Unexpected Caller~
~Season 2: Let The Games Begin!~
~Boy With A Braid~
~Free's POV~
~Carnivals Are Supposed To Be Fun~
~Market Date?~
*Christmas Special*
~Stiff Hands, Brain Dead~
~Super Special Secret Strike~
~The Finals~
~BRB q:~
~Home Free!~
~Season 3: The God Blader's Cup!~
~Mysterious Shakadera~
~Lost Luinor VS Athena X!~
~Drain Spear Slash!~
~Steaming Jealousy & Boulders~

~I Lo...Miss You~

920 24 24
By Clinch-the-win

Dealing with an enraged Shasa and a pack of hyperactive kids is definitely not something on my bucket list. At least I can say I did it though. And it was one hell of a job too.

After explaining to Shasa how Free confessed to me she refused to help me drag the kids back to the hotel. Claiming it was my punishment for keeping her in the dark for so long. And a punishment it was.

I'm pretty sure I lost Kit on the way only for him to sneak his way back into the pack with an additional bag of candy. Could've been drugs. I'm not sure though.

I'm just glad the head count matched up when we got to the hotel lobby. Never again though.

Finally, after disrupting every single resident in that hotel and apologising to the staff multiple times, they passed out in the living room.

"Honestly, you call yourself responsible and good with kids and then you do this."

"Totally not my fault." I replied to my partner. "I wasn't the one who fed them sweets."

"And yet you let it happen. Talk about digging your own grave."

I crashed onto one of the very plush couches in our room and stroked my hand through Honey's hair.

She unconsciously nuzzled my hand in her dreams and I couldn't help the smile that stretched out my face.

Outside, the view was beautiful. Twinkling lights decorated tall, dark buildings that blend into the night sky.

I could barely see any stars but the moon shone brightly.

Are we looking at the same moon? Is it even night time in the US?

"He's all you think about, isn't he?" Athena teased. I shut my eyes, feeling heat on my cheeks.

"Excuse you, I do not!"

"You so do, you can barely stop yourself from thinking about him even while hanging out with some other dude."

"No I wasn't! How would you even know that?!"

"I'm literally in your thoughts.You can't hide things from me." I chuckled sheepishly at the realisation.

"If you obsess over him this much maybe you should call him again." She commented offhandedly.

The hand that was raking through Honey's hair stopped. Call him? Should I? We actually haven't talked since the last time he called me.

And even then the call was cut short. Maybe I should. What if he's busy right now? He'd probably think I'm a nuisance for calling while he's occupied.

Actually, even if he was just lying around somewhere he'd be annoyed at the interruption. What if I wake him up?! Oh, if I woke him up with a call I'd never forgive myself!

"Just shut up and call him already! Your blabbering is intrusive!"

I sighed and stood from the couch, quietly so as to not shift the monsters in rest. Kris and the others apparently had a talk earlier which had everyone feeling worse than they already were. 

So, everyone went to bed early. I slid open the glass door leading to the balcony and let my shoes hit the cement. 

The chilly air cooled my flushed cheeks. The breeze seemed to carry the scent of the forest. How ironic. I reached into the pockets of my hoodie and pulled out my phone.

My finger rested on the home button. Prolonging the inevitable. Although our room was quite high I could still hear the bustle of the streets below.

The festival went on even in the night after all. Wouldn't it be funny if I went back to the market and got some food or something.

"Stop it." My partner scolded me. "You're procrastinating. Just do it!"

I sighed and quickly found his contact.

"Fine."

~~~

ring

.

.

.

ring

.

.

.

ring

.

.

.

Oh I knew it. He's busy, or asleep, or he just doesn't want to pick up.

I held my phone to my ear with my right hand and my left was clutching my elbow. I nervously tapped against the glass of the railing with my heel as my back leaned on the metal bars.

I should end the call right now. I scoffed aloud.

"Maybe this wasn't a good id-"

"Hello?"

My back immediately straightened as I grabbed the phone with both hands, afraid it would plummet off the fairly large balcony.

Oh, the effect this boy has on me. Even from just his voice my heart reacted in such a way that I was sure it had left my chest.

My palms were starting to get sweaty. It's fine! I've talked to him before. Why should it be any different?

"Hey there Free. Miss me?" That was so lame. He chuckled a bit.

"Definitely, I was wondering when you were going to call." Ah see, nothing to worry about. He was expecting the call.

"Pathetic."

"Shut it."

"Sorry to keep you waiting. How have you been going over there?" I heard shuffling from the other line before a content sigh. "And, where are you?" I added.

"Rooftop. Things are fine I guess. It isn't really hard anyway. My battles."

"Mm, well we have a battle with SB Rios soon."

"I know." He answered a little too quickly.

"Oh?" I replied. "Have you been keeping up with our battles?" A hint of a smirk playing on my lips.

I let myself rest on the railings again as the familiarity of our conversations eased my needless worries.

"Heh, whatever keeps me hooked, I watch it." His chuckle was nice to hear after so long.

"How flattering." I laughed.

A comfortable silence hung in the air as I stared at the buildings around me. They were beautiful at night.

Down by the busy streets I saw the outline of some furry creature step out of an alleyway jump up onto a low windowsill and was petted by an elderly lady.

It could've been a cat. Could've been a possum. Either way, watching the scene calmed me somehow.

It was so simple and pure for such a lively city. Kind of like the forest in BC Sol. A quiet and simple spot in the middle of a famous and lively bey club. No wonder Free liked it so much there.

"I," My fingers tapped my elbow. "I want to see you again soon."

My voice was soft. I had definitely let my sadness show in that one sentence. How amateur. But I couldn't help it.

I enjoyed the nights we'd spend together. Sometimes we'd talk, battle, train, or even just lie down. It was as if the world would stop when we hung out. A simple and pure getaway from our busy, competitive lives.

I missed it.

I missed him.

Seeing him would always brighten up my day. I acknowledged how I used to look around during training time with the team and hope he's there.

Even if he was leaning against the wall doing nothing. That fact that he was around would make me feel better.

He didn't respond for a while. I hope I didn't sound too cringy. My chest panged. Why am I nervous? He finally let out a sigh.

"Win your match and I'll meet you at the finals." His answer was blunt and the message was clear.

Be good enough to see me again.

And I would've been offended if not for the fondness I detected in his tone.

"Aw, you miss me too don't you?" I teased. The bubble inside me popped and the tension was gone. "Don't worry, we'll see each other soon! There's no way BC Sol is losing this!" He scoffed.

"Mhm, let's hope not. How's Valt?" My eyes widened slightly.

It's not often that he's curious like this. How sweet.

He must really have high hopes for Valt. Though I'd never say this out loud lest he ended the call out of denial.

"He's doing well. We train together quite often. But, he did lose a match today against SB Rios." Free hummed the same time the breeze picked up ever so slightly.

"SB Rios?"

"Yeah, it's a long story."

"All ears." I explained the events of today and recalled the battle with as much detail as I could.

It was embarrassing admitting my loss but it was easy to remember the battle. Forgetting it would be like a mockery towards the determination my partner and I held for our victory tomorrow.

"I see, so you haven't mastered your 'Owl Crash' move yet?"

"Nope, I made it when I first went up against you." He let out a little grunt of surprise as I heard a bit of shuffling.

"You mean you made that move on the spot and managed to burst Fafnir with it?" His voice held a mild tone of astonishment. That's another wall down.

"Sure did, it was an 'in the moment' kind of thing. You know?" He sighed.

"Your bey's namesake is supposed to be the goddess of battle strategy. But you're quite reckless aren't you?" I blushed a little and cleared my throat.

"Hey! That was a strategy! 'Go with the flow' kind of thing. It's quite common for heroes on the battlefield!" I stood up a little straighter as he mocked my ability to strategize.

I didn't realise it but my body expressed itself as I talked. My hands moved a little more and my feet shuffled.

He let out a melodious laugh. I sighed in content as I let my body relax at the sound.

"How cute, it's like music." I muttered.

"What was that?" He said with an almost playful tone. I said that out loud?

"The sky. The sky is pretty."

"Mhm." We both laughed. 

~~~

To be honest, as excited as I was for the battle tomorrow I was also nervous.

I was going to voice out my worries to Free in hopes that he'd offer me some encouragement, as naive as it sounds.

But turns out, I didn't need to.

As the night went on and we continued to talk about mindless things my worries got smaller and smaller until they finally vanished.

Even just speaking with him was able to put my mind to rest. And finally, at around 2 in the morning, I let out the first yawn.

"Oh shoot, Kris is going to kill me for staying up so late with a battle tomorrow." I spoke with a hazy tone

The gentle breeze quickly turned into a chilly blow as I got more tired. The quietness of the night was inviting, lulling me to sleep.

"You should sleep then, we'll see each other soon anyway." He let out one of his familiar yawns as well.

"Goodnight then, Free."

I started making my way back into the hotel room, sliding the door open yet again and kicking off my shoes. My socks hit the soft carpet as I noticed the children still snoring. They were dotted all around the many couches. Each having their own amusing sleep positions.

"Goodnight, Ally. I lo..."

He trailed off, almost hesitantly.

"Hm?" I asked confusedly. Halting my movements to listen to what he wants to say.

"I miss you. Night."

The familiar beep of an ended call was all that I heard after his abrupt message. As the realisation set in, my face slowly grew into a smile.

"You know," My partner spoke for the first time since I called him. "He started with an L before he hesitated." I chuckled.

"Seriously, he's too cute." The red on my face was evident as I continued to prepare for bed.

"He seems confident that you'll see each other in finals. We'd better win."

"Totally, maybe then he won't hesitate next time." We both laughed knowingly.

I went to bed happy that night. With my cheeks hot and my heart beating so fast it probably ascended.

~~~

The balcony kinda looks like that pic but at night.

Sorry it's short but I'm working on a surprise (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 831 26
(Y/n), loved nothing more than to sit beside her window listening to the sound of nature around her. Her whole life she spent in a fantasy world made...
28.7K 580 27
(Y/N), A girl from Spain, went back to her Home in Japan to meet his childhood bestfriend and eventually making new friends along the way. P.S. This...
3.3K 97 16
BEHOLD! BEYBLADE LEMONS! Yeh, js a smutty book for all us horny die hard fans. I do take requests and I hope u like it! :)