𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 [𝑽𝒐...

By MaryasMortuary4Vamps

Yᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ʟʏɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ... ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇ... More

Cast
Prologue
•01•
•02•
•03•
•04•
•05•
•06•
•07•
•08•
•09•
•10•
•11•
•12•
~New story!~
•13: Part 2•
•14•
•15•
•16•
•17•
•18•
•19•
•20•
•21•
•22•
•23•
•24•
•25•
•26•
•27•
•28•
•29•
•30•
•31•
•32•
•33•
•34•
•35•
•36•
•37•

•13: Part 1•

14K 400 23
By MaryasMortuary4Vamps

Jane's small glove covered fist knocked on the dark hickory wooden door to the queen's room. Seconds turned into minutes as she waited-impatiently she knocked again. Still no answer. Tolerance running out she let herself in, surprised by the unilluminated abyss that greeted her.

Suspicious, she stepped into the shadows on light feet, unable to see anyone in the pitch black even with her enhanced eyesight. The only light to be seen was faint, coming from the dimly lit bathroom. "My Queen?" Her voice echoed as she made herself known, purposefully louder than necessary so she didn't frighten her-humans were fragile creatures.

It was silent for a few short seconds, but it was enough to be somewhat worrying. Preparing to call out again she was halted when the light beamed to life.

What she saw left her speechless. Nora stood in the doorway to the bathroom, an absolute vision in the dress the kings had picked. Fox like eyes were accentuated by smoky black shadow, her inner corners lined with a glimmering silver. Shining umber locks were styled in deep wavy curls, pulled back into an elegant low bun so they framed her dainty face. The blush colored dress hugged her slender figure and made her eyes pop, it was tight on the bodice but the modest neckline left some things to the imagination. Just barely visible under the long skirt of her dress were a pair of silver strappy stilettos that she surprisingly walked well in.

Approaching Jane, her pastel pink nails picked at the skin of her fingers-Jane surmised to herself that it must have been a nervous habit.

Bashfully she lifted her lips that were covered in a glossy deep rose lipstick in a semblance of a smile, finding it hard to meet the petite guards awe-stricken ruby eyes. "Well...how do I look?" Jane remained stunned for a moment longer before she smiled reassuringly.

"You look wonderful, my Queen." That was a huge relief to hear. She'd always been insecure about her looks but after her recent weight gain she was even more so, especially now with how tight the dress was-it was like a second skin.

It was difficult to remind herself that it was a good thing, that she shouldn't be so concerned about the way she looked, but who could really say that they were honestly and truly 100% content and loved themselves? Anyone who did was lying, at least that was her opinion.

Happy with Jane's approval she walked over to her bedside table, picking up the small navy velvet box she'd found inside the dress's packaging.

"Your Masters are certainly very generous, no ones ever gone to so much effort for me before. I'll admit I'm rather surprised at their thoughtfulness." As sad as it sounded, it was true. No one had ever taken such a romantic interest in her before, the only interest she'd ever gotten had been...no. she wouldn't think about that, not now.

"Contrary to what people choose to believe, they aren't monsters. They're just doing a job that other people don't have the stomach for. They'd go to the ends of the Earth for you if you asked. Would someone who was a soulless monster be so devoted?"

Nora smirked at the heated way Jane defended her Masters. So, she did care for someone then. She knew it was all an act-she'd bring down Jane's protective wall eventually.

Still smirking she quirked her head to look at her over her shoulder. "No. I don't suppose they would. You must know Jane, I never for a second considered them soulless-neither do I think the same about any of you."

Turning away from her she missed Jane's miniscule grin, the stoic girl wiping it away before it could be seen. It was becoming increasingly impossible to hide her growing respect for the woman, she'd even go as far as to say she was beginning to like her.

Erasing the unwanted thoughts from her mind she became intrigued, floating closer as her queen opened the box. Lay inside were a pair of iridescent pearl earrings surrounded by pure silver. She nodded in appreciation to herself-they really weren't holding back, those looked expensive.

Finally ready Nora swivelled around to face Jane, heart beating fast like a hummingbird's wings. 'Okay, I have got to pull myself together! Its not like I'm having dinner with the fucking queen of England. No. Just some very old vampire kings. This should be a riot.'

"Alright." She sighed heavily to rid herself of some of her nerves. Persistently and irritatingly they refused to be moved."I'm ready, let's get this over with before I change my mind and barricade myself in here." Jane inclined her head respectfully and turned, sweeping out of the room without a second thought, her cloak billowing behind her. She only paused so Nora could catch up and did nothing to hide her vexation with the slow human woman.

Refusing to acknowledge Jane's once again sour mood, Nora looked to her left and was happy to see Demitri stationed outside the door, both greeting each other with happy grins. It was safe to say he was her favourite member of her guard. The debonair vampire was so kind and had been the one to make her feel the most comfortable when she had been afraid.

He also wasn't scared to joke around with her, something she appreciated immensely. It was weird how everyone here seemed to fear her. She was human and they were all impossibly strong, blood thirsty vampires-yet every time she spoke to a member of the guard, they would cower like they were in the presence of the devil himself.

Obviously it was because of her blossoming relationship with the kings but still, it was no less funny to see such high and mighty creatures knocked down a few pegs.

He looked her up and down appreciatively and bowed with a playful smirk, unfazed when she shoved him, eyebrows pinched together in feigned exasperation . "My Queen. Aren't you a sight to behold."

She rolled her eyes, walking side by side with him so they could talk better. "How many times do I need to tell you? When it's just us, please call me Nora. The same goes for you Jane." He hummed as if he was considering it, brow cocked cheekily. A loud laugh reverberated through the halls when she pushed him again at his teasing, doing nothing to actually move him.

Jane tried not to show her interest in their conversation or her shock at the queen's kindness. She shouldn't really be surprised at the woman's behaviour, Demitri had made it a point to tell the rest of the guard how kind and funny their queen was, so they wouldn't be afraid to approach her or get to know her.

She'd scoffed at the time but after their conversation earlier she was beginning to see his point-she'd never tell him that. He had a tendency to gloat and lord things over her when she had made similar mistakes in the past.

The walk through the torch lit hallway was long but pleasant, filled with the idle chit chat between the two growing friends and the clicking of her heels on the freezing stone floor. Jane was silent but Nora expected nothing else from the girl. She only wished as time went on that she could help her to open up, it wasn't healthy to live with a heart full of malice. It would destroy her eventually.

Apparently she'd been so lost in her own thoughts that she noticed too late when they came upon the throne room doors. She stopped short, the pale and grinning ghoulish face of Felix doing nothing to calm her racing heart. 'Fucking jerk.'

Santiago was next to him and was substantially kinder, bending his muscled body in half-bow and nodding his head in greeting. "My Queen."

It was happening. This was fine, she was fine. It didn't at all feel like she was sinking into the floor. Taking a deep breath in she felt like her lungs were too small, chest heaving with the force of her laboured breathing. 'Oh that's great, a panic attack. You've got to be fucking joking.' Dizziness hit her full force, Felix no longer wore his almost manic grin as she stumbled to hold onto the wall.

Something just about lifted her from the dark haze of all consuming hysteria-a cold hand was placed on her arm, though it was apprehensive she still jumped like she'd been electrocuted. Following it, the kind face of Demitri hovered close to her own, taught with worry.

She lifted her hand to signal she needed a moment and after some time and some exercised breathing she felt her rigid muscles slacken; her heart no longer pounded incessantly like the heavy beating of rain on a window and she struggled, gasping for air like she'd just been drowning. Mind clearing from her anxiety she felt the need to laugh at herself-so she did.

Watching her the four guards passed bemused looks between themselves, Felix even mouthing a silent 'what the fuck?' Their attention was brought back to their queen who had clearly become unhinged from worry, her now almost silent laughing trailing off as she struggled to get a grip on herself.

Noticing their stares she was tempted to laugh again but held off, she didn't want people thinking she was actually mental. Waving them off with one last deranged chuckle she smiled halfheartedly. "I'm sorry, I just realised how ridiculous I'm being."

They looked even more confused now, clearly waiting for her to elaborate. Sniffing and wiping the tears of laughter from her inner corners carefully she decided to oblige. "I've been worrying myself sick over this for the last hour, I guess anxiety will do that to you. Do I look good enough? Am I going to make a fool of myself? What if I'm not good enough for them or I'm too boring? Stupid shit like that."

Pausing so she could lean her back against the wall, she crossed her arms to protect herself from the chill that had travelled in from somewhere. "Then I realised, what am I worrying about? If I fuck this up, thats on me. If that happens then maybe this whole thing wasn't supposed to be. But, I won't know unless I actually go in there and do it. Whatever outcome happens, at least I can say that I tried. That's good enough, right?"

The four cloaked figures were silent for a moment, no one really knowing what to say. Demitri came to stand in front of her, his long shadow shrouding her and bringing her some odd sort of solace. "Personally, I think you're worrying over nothing. You might not see it, Nora, but you're strong and capable of more than you believe. You're funny, kind, opinionated and most of all brave. I think you could do anything you put your mind to, so why not start here. Be strong, and show fate that she made the right decision in this pairing."

Damn, he could talk anyone down from a ledge if he felt like it. Charming bastard.

He was right of course, supposedly they were all made for eachother. What was there to be so concerned about. She could probably walk in wearing a trash bag and they'd think she was the most magnificent being to walk the Earth. Resolved to at least get over herself and try, she smirked playfully at him, pushing herself off the wall.

"You know, you should be a motivational speaker or something. Nearly made me cry." She pouted and wiped a fake tear from her eye dramatically. Entertained, he shook his head with a fond little smile, glad that whatever had just occurred was over.

Pulling a small compact mirror from her bust she fixed any imperfections in her makeup, unperturbed by their bewildered gazes. Turning to look at them she grinned and winked cheekily. "Always be prepared, kiddos." Before they could respond she fixed herself up, ironing out invisible wrinkles and fixing her hair. She was keen to forget about what had just happened, carpe diem and all that crap.

Rolling her shoulders she stood straight, handing the mirror to Jane and extending her elbow to Demitri. "Come on then handsome, let's do this."

As the guards formed a protective circle around her and they reached the imposing doors, she knew one thing for certain. She needed a fucking drink.

A/N Sorry for the long wait guys! Next chapter will have the kings in it so if you're getting a bit restless don't worry. Now, I wanted to talk about Nora's anxiety. It's very much based on my own and what mine feels like and to be honest I'm pretty muh anxious most of the time, so I wanted a character that some people feel they could relate to in a way. I know if it was me in that situation I wouldn't just be cool with it, I'd be freaking out. So, now thats out of the way please look forward to the next chapter and please feel free to vote, comment and give me a follow! Ciao 😉

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423K 10.7K 25
Sophia Rose Swan get tangled in her cousins screw up when she decides to take off to Volterra Italy to save her overly emotional ex-boyfriend. She ge...
57.3K 1.6K 24
{B O O K O N E} "I use to believe that no matter what hard, cold floor I'd hit that somewhere in my life it would get better. That I would say I we...
77.2K 1.7K 18
Rowen is the elder more methodical and calculating half sister of Isabella swan. While Bella was whisked away to live with her mom Reneé. Rowen staye...
80.8K 1.9K 15
If people were asked to describe Dylan Swan. They would say outgoing, adventurous, sassy and hard-working unlike her sister who tries to get attentio...