Captivating The Uncrowned Pri...

By CamillaEldridge

I was about to move out from the bed, when I realize I was all naked! I grabbed the thin white bedding and wr... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty one
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Epilogue
Special Chapter One
Special Chapter Two
Special Chapter Three
Christmas' Special Chapter

Chapter Fifteen

16K 562 52
By CamillaEldridge

This is the UNEDITED VERSION. Radish has the edited one and it's on Chapter Seventeen ;)

XOXO!

Chapter Fifteen

I stayed home all day. Drying my tears up and comforting myself. The last thing I needed to do was to call Tim, my best friend.

We've been friends for years but never been more than that. My grandfather used to be their family doctor, making our families close with one another.

Hugging the pillow in the middle of the bed, my phone suddenly rang, and it was Tim who called.

I cleared my throat before answering, not wanting him to worry about me.

"I'n getting married!" Tim excitedly beam on the phone.

I smiled, "Finally! You better not hurt her again." I said, knowing he knew what I am saying.

Once, he cheated on her, because of peer pressure. "How did you do it?"

He chuckled, "It was a fail proposal. She caught me talking to the wedding planner. She thought it was another affair so right then and there she broke up with me. I panicked, and told her the truth and proposed right there, the ring had always been in my pocket. I am glad it was always in my pocket"

Never did Teressa, his fiance, doubted on Tim and I's relationship. She is a very loving woman and really really kind hearted woman.

I smiled bitterly, I am envy of him, of any marrying man and woman, because that luck in marriage is one thing I guess I hadn't possessed.

"I'm so happy for you." I manage to say. "I'll be attending the wedding no matter what" I said.

"Of course you will. You will be the maid of honor since I have no single sisters anymore."

"Yes." I answered.

There had been a silence between us and I initiated the end of the talk, "Goodbye now Tim. I have things to do" I lied.

"Yeah. Goodbye Monique. I know what happened." He said, causing me to froze.

"I know Vince, he's a good man. Look at the brighter side, you didn't want all paparazzi going after you do you? I saw Katherine experience that." So...he also knew Duchess Katherine?

"Maybe there's something going on between you, or maybe not. But...there is no man who needs an ob-gyne as a personal doctor do they?" He chuckled.

"Maybe he wants you away from the crazy paparazzi, causing him to say things he didn't mean."

"Thank you Tim, you always comfort me."

"I love you baby girl, maybe not in a romantic way, but I will always love you as my little sister."

----

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven days.

He did not went to see me, nor call me, nor even send me a message.

Has being linked with me that bad? Had I done anything wrong? I cannot keep on asking myself.

I go through the hospital everyday, hoping to get a flower or even a leaf from him.

Actually, a note saying he's still alive will do.

But none has come.

I arrived at my office early and opened the television first, for seven days he had been a "hot news" since he was the "Bachelor Prince" who is at the "Marrying age"

Sadness filled me again, why did I easily fell in love with him?

Yes. I do love him already.

And I am not willing to tell him about that yet.

The pain was doubled by the fact that I was "Duchess Katherine's look-a-like". It was almost telling me that I am the "rebound girl"

And I do not want to be that.

My parents has always said I deserve the best.

And if he does not make me feel that I am the best then maybe I needed to try and find another.

For one last time I wanted to talk to him. I need a closure.

Then, after mending my heart  maybe I will find the man for me.

Of course, I hasn't forgotten David, he is the man I had ever wished for.

A responsible, down to earth, sweet and loyal man.

No. I'm not thinking about the one night stand he had...

Because one mistake can never define the whole man.

I send Vince a message, asking him if we can meet up somewhere private...

But he did not answered.

Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve. Thirteen. Fourteen days.

He still did not talk to me.

I wanted a closure for that short chapter of my life, but I guess not every thing has to end.

Mark has been consistently sending me messages, asking me out, since that day Vince appeared on the television.

I apologized for Vince's "misbehavior" and he was more than understanding.

Two weeks wasn't enough to move on, I know.

But Mark is a friend, and a friendly date with him won't hurt.

I settled over a black leather pants and a simple white sleeveless shirt.

And here I am again, at the Roosevelt Hotel.

I wanted to argue with Mark about it, but I stopped myself.

Walking down from my car, he greeted me with a warm smile. "You look good Monique" he complimented, I am thankful to wear heels, Mark is a tall man.

"Thank you for accepting my offer" he said.

"Don't mention it." I smiled. "We have too much to talk about all night" I excitedly said.

We settled at the same dining area, but this time we are not alone.

The feeling was not surreal,not fairy tale like.

It was a simple dinner by two people who wanted to catch up.

Who knows? It might be Mark who will be the real man for me.

I know I am jumping into conclusions, but being at the same profession and sharing the same likes will be a smooth road towards anywhere we are off to.

What will a doctor and a businessman talk at night when they are old and tired of the "worldly things"?

That I do not know.

Mark picked something from his pocket, revealing a velvet red rectangle box. "I bought this when I went to South Africa" he said. "It is a charm for decisions and acceptance"

Mark knew I love those lucky charms, and that I believe in them, once in college, before David and I were a couple, he went to Asia, then he asked me what do I want, and I told him I want a lucky charm.

He bought me a dream catcher, and a cute bracelet that was made of stones.

The smile on my eyes grew wild as he put the lucky charm on my hand. Decisions and Acceptance.

"Thank you Mark."

We talked and talked whole evening. He told me stories about the countries he'd been to.

We dance through the night and continued to talk. He told me the sad things he had witnessed in Africa.

The sexually transmitted disease, particularly, AIDS and HIV in Lesotho broke my heart. The fact that the ratio of physicians to the citizens is five is to one hundred thousand.

And that 50% of women, and a certain percentage of tiny little child do possess HIV or AIDS too.

I wiped my tears, telling him that I am willing to help the country.

As of the moment, there is no established cure for HIV or AIDS, but I can solicit for medicines to help them boost their immune system.

Mark hugged me, pulling myself to him to comfort me. Chuckling he said, "I should have not told you the story. You are breaking down"

The last thing he told me was a two month old baby girl was abused by an unknown man, believing that when he had an intercourse with a woman without HIV he will be cured.

"He could have seen a doctor instead of doing that to the innocent girl" I sobbed.

Mark chuckled again and run his hand through my back.

Then I few moments later, I felt Mark being pushed away from me, lying on the ground, hearing someone shouting angrily. "Did I not told you to stop seeing my girl?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 10.3K 63
"Get out," I said in a firm voice, but it shook a bit at the end. The muscles in his jaw tensed when I said that. Instead of getting out, he closed t...
340 33 24
I woke up in a daze, unsure of why my body felt so stiff, so sore. I winced as I threw my legs over the side of the bed, and again as I stood up, pai...
57.7K 3.6K 56
Villain Of My Story! "STRIP!" As soon as he barged inside of the room, he said that to me. I turned around to look at him. There he was; standing w...
3.1K 77 36
Hey guys this is just a little sample of the story there are more characters I'm just showing you one point of view and I hope that you read my book...