You give me a headache

By Azure_the_Hedgehog

Sonic and his friends encounter a new danger, one unlike any other, one that they have never encountered befo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 5

2.1K 48 20
By Azure_the_Hedgehog

Sonic Pov

After I said how my foster parents died, I couldn't help but let a few tears roll down my muzzle, falling on my gloved hands and soaking through them. My sisters hugged me tightly and were telling me that everything was fine. I looked again at that torturous clock, something about it brought comfort now, the fact that it was still ticking and showed that it was going to be lunch brought sanity to my mind. After I calmed myself down, I lifted one of my hands towards my face and wiped away the tears that wanted to come out. I sat there for a while with my hand over my eyes until I shook my head and chuckled lightly.

Sonic: "I'm pathetic, look at me, I'm crying in front of you. I'm the hero of Mobius, I shouldn't cry."

Laurel looked at me with shock and Aurora narrowed her eyes at me. The latter grabbed me by my shoulders and looked at me with angry purple eyes.

Aurora: "Sonic the Hedgehog. Just because you are the hero of Mobius doesn't mean you can't cry, you went through so much and what you just told us was just a small fraction of it all. I'm surprised you held it in for so long. You keep bottling up your emotions, trying to make everyone happy, trying to make it seem as if everything was fine, but in the end... you're the one getting hurt! We know you, sometimes you just have to empty that bottle and cry, and that's ok, that just makes you mobian... it proves that you care."

She was out of breath in the end. I looked at her with wide eyes, I think she was also surprised by what she said as she started blinking fast and covered her mouth quickly. Laurel nodded slowly and with a quiet voice she said.

Laurel: "She's right"

I turned to look at her and she looked up at me since I was a bit taller.

Laurel: "You care so much about others, you don't want to tell anyone about what you went through because you don't want them to worry, but you kept this inside for so long...it...might help if you talked about it. You don't have to, but we are here to listen."

I looked at my lap quickly and closed my eyes, pinning my ears to my head. I trusted them, I trusted them with my life, but I didn't want them to worry.

In his mind

Super: Tell them

Sonic: You're back?

Dark: Of course we're back, we've been gone for a few hours and this is what happens.

Dark Spine: For Chaos sake, just tell them.

Excalibur: I think that thou story should be told.

Sonic: Gee, I will

Real world

I decided to tell them how I met...her. I looked in front of me and sighed. I leaned back and started.

Flashback

Pain, sadness, anger...all of these emotions were coursing through the small hedgehog's body. He didn't talk to anyone, didn't smile, and would eat barely anything. A month has passed since their death, he would only go into the Freedom Fighters base and train or go on a mission to help the resistance with the defeat of the human he despised the most. He stopped talking to his friends, acted cold towards them and when people asked what was wrong he would either stay quiet or lash out at them to shut up. He was just 6 years old, but he learned how to shoot with multiple guns and learned different types of martial arts, which he didn't use much since he mostly used his incredible speed. Every time there would be someone explaining a plan to destroy one of the dictator's factories, the small kid would lean against a wall with his arms crossed and listen quietly, not looking at anyone and not wishing to talk to anyone.

One day, he was outside sitting on green grassy ground in front of his uncle's house. He and Uncle Chuck used to live in a small house in the forest before they moved to a secret bunker in the core of the city later on.

The blue hedgehog was sitting by an oak tree, leaning against the brown tree trunk. He was looking in front of him at nothing in particular and he seemed to have blocked all sound around him, not noticing a small figure approaching him. He was having flashbacks of what happened just mere weeks ago, he would clench and unclench his fists in frustration and anger. Sonic then felt someone's presence nearby and focused on the direction he sensed it. In front of him stood a brown chipmunk with blue eyes. She wore a blue jacket and black shorts and a t-shirt, she also had blue shoes with a white buckle on top of them. She had a big smile plastered on her face. Sonic looked at her and frowned. The little girl outstretched one of her hands and introduced herself. "Hi, my name is Sally Acorn, what's yours?" The now identified girl waited patiently for the blue hedgehog to say something, but he just humphed and looked at her with a serious face, not wanting to talk to anyone. After a few seconds, the blue hedgehog gave up and sighed.

Sonic: "My name is Sonic the Hedgehog"

He said that sharply and shortly. Sally looked at him with wonder and came closer to the sitting hedgehog.

Sally: "You look sad, when was the last time you smiled?"

She took Sonic by surprise by that question for a few seconds, but he brushed it off since he heard that question countless times. He glared at her and crossed his arms.

Sonic: "None of your business"

The brown chipmunk's smile dropped and she pouted. She left after a few seconds of her pouting and Sonic let out a sigh, thankful that she left.

Suddenly Sally flung in front of his face upside down, hanging from a tree branch. Sonic staggered backward in surprise and looked at the small girl surprised.

Sonic: "What the-"

The chipmunk laughed and dropped her hands down. Sonic looked at her in irritation and wondered why she was so persistent to talk to him. He pulled one knee up and rested his hand on it.

Sonic: "Why are you upside down"

Sally: "Because your mouth is downwards in a sad frown when I'm standing upwards so I'm upside down to see you smile."

Sonic couldn't help to smile lightly and chuckle. This made the chipmunk smile widely and she pulled herself up and climbed down the tree, sitting next to Sonic. The blue hedgehog looked at her still with a smile, he didn't know why she made him smile, he just felt comfortable around her.

Sally: "So why did you look so sad"

The blue blur was hesitant to say anything, he sighed and looked in front of him with a troubled face.

Sonic: "I...was just thinking about...something"

Sally nodded slowly and looked in front of her as well. Sonic then looked back at her and smiled.

Sonic: "So, are you from Acorn then, what are you even doing in Robotropolis?"

Sally looked at him, happy she made him talk and smile. She nodded and said.

Sally: "Yeah, I'm from Acorn. My daddy is a friend of your uncle who wanted to see him again and I wanted to tag along, so that's why I'm here."

Sonic: "How long have you been in Robotropolis?"

Sally: "We came here just now, but I was never here before. I never saw the city either"

The blue hedgehog got up quickly and offered his hand to Sally to help her get up. She took his hand and got up as well. He smirked at her and with a newfound attitude he said.

Sonic: "So why don't I give you a quick tour."

Sally: "But...we're in the middle of the forest, it would take forever to get there and the adults wouldn't let us go either way."

The blue hedgehog grinned and lifted one of his fingers under his nose.

Sonic: "There's a reason why my name is Sonic"

He lifted her bridal style and ran through the forest at high speed. Sally squealed in surprise and clutched onto Sonic. After a few seconds, she looked up at Sonic and saw him smiling brightly. He hasn't gone on a run for a long time and this made him forget about everything that happened. The pain, anger, sorrow was replaced by happiness. She relaxed and yelled out in joy because of the adrenaline. The speedster looked down at her and smiled, he didn't feel like this in a long time.

Back at the house of Uncle Chuck.

Uncle Chuck and Maximillian Acorn, the father of Sally, were talking about how the war was going in Mobotropolis and around the mainland. They suddenly felt a gust of wind and saw a glimpse of a blue blur. Max looked at the spot where the kids were before and his eyes widened when he didn't see them.

Max: "Charles! Where are the children?!"

He started panicking, worried about his daughter being kidnapped by a robot or something. Uncle Chuck smiled widely and chuckled.

Uncle Chuck: "I haven't seen him run in so long. I think Sally made him turn back to himself"

The worried father looked at him in surprise and realized that that blue blur was Sonic and his daughter.

Max: "That was Sonic? But...how? And where are they going?"

Uncle Chuck smiled at him and shrugged his shoulders.

Uncle Chuck: "Sonny could run that fast since he was a small hoglet, nobody knows how. As to where they're heading to...I'm not sure. They could be exploring the forest."

Max's face turned white and Uncle Chuck tried to reassure him that everything was ok and that no SWAT-bots came to that part of the forest.

Back to the two children

A blue blur could be seen zooming through streets as the blur stopped on a rooftop, revealing a blue hedgehog carrying a shaken brown chipmunk. Sonic placed her on the roof and he sat down on the edge of it. Sally tried to find her bearings and fixed her hair up, looking around curiously. The city was grey and black, a weird stench and pollution were present in the air and the princess scrunched up her nose in disgust. Sonic looked back at her and chuckled.

Sonic: "My uncle used to tell me that this used to be a beautiful city once...without pollution, without having to live in fear, without...Robotnik"

Sally walked up to the edge and sat down as well, letting her legs sway around on the edge of the roof. She looked at Sonic first and then she looked down at the grey streets, imagining them being full of mobians and happy faces.

Sally: "I can imagine that. I wish none of this happened"

It was quiet, only the wind was howling in their ears until they heard a faint cry for help. They looked at each other quickly and Sonic got up swiftly. His ears twitched, trying to pinpoint the area the voice was coming from. He looked down and in an alleyway, he saw a black mobian fox with a black t-shirt and grey pants trying to grab a small purple mobian wolf wearing a green sweater and blue shorts. The small wolf was struggling to get away from the other's grasp and his cries for help were muffled due to the man covering his muzzle. Sonic frowned and looked quickly at the brown chipmunk that looked at him with wide eyes once she saw what happened.

Sonic: "Stay here! Whatever happens. don't. come. down"

He instructed, not letting Sally argue back. He leaped down into the alley doing a flip in the air and landed soundlessly on the hard ground and hid behind a trash can. He started to move slowly towards the two other mobians, trying to not get spotted. Out of nowhere a brown bear wearing a grey vest and a scar over his right cheek walked up to the fox and patted his shoulder saying "Good job Ren" to which the fox responded with "Thanks Stan, this one should do nicely in the bosses army" They both laughed and looked at the purple wolf with a twisted smirk on their faces. They tied up the purple wolf with a brown rope and threw him on the floor. The wolf had tears streaming down his face and he had his ears pinned to his head.

Sonic found a big black cloth which he put over his muzzle to cover up his identity and walked out of his hiding spot. The small wolf stopped struggling and looked at the new mobian with hope in his eyes. The bear and fox looked in the direction their 'prey' was looking at and they narrowed their eyes.

Ren: "And who the heck are you?"

Sonic walked up to them with a weird look in his eyes and he growled, which send chills down the other's spine. The two older mobians looked at each other.

Stan: "He's just a kid, I'll take care of him"

The bear charged at Sonic, trying to punch him and tie him up with a rope as well. Sonic dodged to the right and took the bear's paw, twisting it unnaturally. The bear tried to get away from him and tried to kick the masked hedgehog. The hedgehog jumped up and curled up into a spiny ball landing on the older one's chest still holding the bear's paw. Burring his sharp quills into the bear's skin and hurting his paw at the same time. The bear roared out in pain and tried to punch the blue one again. Sonic jumped up and took a metal rod laying on the floor and hit the bear in the head with as much force as he could. The bear slumped down on the floor unconscious. The fox looked at Sonic with wide eyes and started to slowly back away when the blue hedgehog started walking towards him. He ran away and left the purple wolf behind. The wolf looked at Sonic with fear in his eyes silently saying. "P-please...please...d-don't h-hurt me" Sonic knelt down and untied the rope. He pulled the cloth down revealing his face to the trembling wolf.

Sonic: "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you, look, I'm your age."

This calmed down the wolf and he looked out at the main street, muttering a quick thank you. Sonic narrowed his eyes at him and looked at the main street as well.

Sonic: "Don't worry, he won't come back. Where are your parents?"

Suddenly a wolf couple with worried faces came running into the alley and hugged the purple wolf, presumingly the wolf's parents. The wolf was shocked, but then relieved and hugged them back. The male stood up and with teary eyes looked at Sonic.

"Thank you, thank you so much. We have been looking for our son for hours and then we saw a member of the Falcon gang running out of here, so we got worried"

Sonic: "Those two were members of the Falcon gang?"

Sonic asked surprised. The Falcon gang was a group of mobians who would kidnap children and raise them to serve them and add them to their army. They would then go out into the streets and steal things, they were like thieves... who were in an organization. Sonic frowned and put one of his hands on his chin, thinking. The female wolf got up holding her son and said "How do you know about the Falcon gang and how did you fight them off, you're just...a kid?" Sonic looked up at her and chuckled.

Sonic: "Let's just say...I trained... for situations like these. That's why I managed to fight them off. Sorry, but I have to go now, have a nice day and stay safe."

With that, he dashed out of there leaving the small family stunned by his speed. Meanwhile, Sally was watching everything from the rooftop and was very surprised. Sonic then appeared next to her and with a smile he said.

Sonic: "We should go, I'm sure Uncle Chuck and your dad will start to worry."

Sally pouted, crossed her arms, and looked at the blue hedgehog with an 'Explain' face. Sonic looked at her and sighed.

Sonic: "You heard what I said to those mobians. I am a Freedom Fighter."

Sally: "But your only 6! How did they let you even fight against robots?"

Sonic: "Uncle Chuck was the one that founded the Freedom Fighters and since I live with him, he let me train. As for me going out on the field, I am fast, as you know, meaning I have an advantage while battling SWAT-bots or... other mobians"

He said that in a hurry and muttered the last part, Sally could barely hear it. Sonic then picked up the brown chipmunk again and ran back home. While running back they passed some crumbling buildings and some SWAT-bots. Sally was looking around with horror at what she saw, she was glad that Acorn wasn't occupied by Robotnik because she saw countless mobians sitting on the streets miserable and crying. In two minutes they were out of the city and entered the dying forest. They passed countless trees that had their bark falling off and the grass was dry. When they got in front of the house, an older blue hedgehog and a male brown chipmunk were waiting patiently for their kids to come back. Maximillian sighed in relief and Chuck elbowed him in the side giving him an 'I told you so' look as Max glared at him.

Uncle Chuck: "I told you Sonic would keep her safe"

Maximillian: "Yes, I can see"

The blue blur let go of Sally and smiled brightly at his uncle.

Sonic: "Hey Unc"

Sally: "Hello Sir Charles, hey dad!"

Maximillian: "Bean, where have you been?"

Sonic snickered at the nickname and looked at Sally with a smirk. She glared at him and pouted, Sonic rolled his eyes at her.

Sally: "Sonic showed me around Robotropolis."

Maximillian: "That was dangerous, you should have asked me to go with you"

Sally: "I was safe with Sonic"

Sonic balanced on his heels and started humming a toon he heard when he was a baby, he didn't know how he knew that toon, but it always calmed him down. Sonics stomach then growled, pleading for him to feed it. He blushed a bit and looked at his uncle with an awkward smile. He laughed awkwardly as well and put one of his hands behind his head.

Sonic: "hehe, I guess it's lunchtime"

Everyone laughed and they went inside to eat. That was when Sonic first met Sally, someone that made him smile when times were bad... someone who made him believe in himself again.

End of Flashback

I looked at my sisters and they were smiling ear to ear.

Sonic: "What?"

Aurora: "That was violent yet cute at the same time"

Sonic: "Oh shut up"

Laurel: "Do you have any other stories with Sally?"

I hesitated and looked to the side avoiding eye contact.

Sonic: "There are, but I'd rather not talk about it."

I got up and went into the kitchen to get some water since my throat was dry from talking so long. I then looked at the clock and saw that it was 2 o'clock, I got out some spaghetti and a pot. I filled it with water and put it on the stove, adding the spaghetti into the water when it was boiling. I went to the door that led to the living room and yelled at my sisters.

Sonic: "You gals ok with spaghetti for lunch?"

A chorus of yesses could be heard from the living room and Aurora said something as well.

Aurora: "Hey Nic, after we eat we need to go back home. We have school tomorrow and we didn't finish our homework"

I hummed and told them that it was ok. We ate for 30 minutes and put the dishes in the dishwasher. We looked out the window and saw that it was still raining and the weather was windy. My sisters looked at me with pleading eyes and bit their bottom lips.

Laurel and Aurora: "Niiiiic? Can you chaos control us home?"

I sighed and walked up to them, I put one hand on Laurel's shoulder and the other on Aurora's shoulder. Since I was a demi-god I could chaos control without a chaos emerald. My sisters still didn't know how to chaos control so I did it for them. I focused my energy and imagined the place where I wanted to be. We appeared at my twin sister's house and I let go of their shoulders.

Laurel: "We should do this more often"

I chuckled and walked up to a window nearby looking outside. It was still pouring and windy, which made me frown a bit.

Sonic: "Yeah, we should. Well, I'll chaos control back. See you gals later."

They waved at me and I teleported back home. My phone buzzed and I saw a text message from Tails.

In the phone

Tails: Hey, since it's so windy outside and it's still raining, I'll stay at my friend's house for the night again. His mom told me that it was dangerous to go outside in this weather.

Sonic: She's right, it is dangerous now. I hope you have fun at your friend's house!

Tails: Ok. Oh, I have a question?

Sonic: Ask away little buddy

Tails: Do we still have chocolate at home? xd

Sonic: Lol, yeah.

Real world

I flopped down on my sofa and started thinking.

In his mind

Super: Do you feel better now that you talked a bit about you're past

Sonic: Yeah, I guess

Fleetway: Dude, let's go outside and wreck some trees

Super: What!?

Fleetway: I'm bored!

Dark: Stop your whining, nobody cares

Fleetway: I guess I'll just wake up Hyper

Sonic: No! You know that when you wake him up he goes berserk!

...

Sonic: Fleet? Fleet? Oh no... someone, stop him!

Hyper: WHO THE HELL WOKE ME UP!!! I WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE!!!

Werehog: Oh great, look at what you did Fleetway

Hyper: IT WAS FLEETWAY!? I WILL F*CKING KILL YOU! YOU ARE JUST A RAISIN IN A CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE!

Real world

Fleetway and Hyper started fighting and Sonic groaned, rubbing his temples in frustration.

Sonic: "Here we go again"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 737 33
After countless humiliations, the doctor finally crossed the line. Facing a near defeat upon the rebirth of BioLizard, the Blue Blur encountered an a...
1.5K 28 15
Sypnosis: Long ago, in a far away land of Mobius, there were a group of kingdoms that are each ruled by a king and queen, and are united by an allian...
4.9K 464 29
❝ I stayed away from you because I didn't want to hurt you!! You will never understand how it feels to be left out, forgotten and misused...❞ π•―π–Žπ–˜οΏ½...
15K 426 65
"As the blue hedgehog reached the vortex, the world went white." <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> After years of investigation, Egg...