BRUTAL

Av rahja_

Everything I love gets destroyed. First, my biological family, then my adoptive parents. (Or at least I thoug... Mer

Characters
prologue
1. Valentina
2. Fredrico
3. Valentina
4. Valentina/ Fredrico
5. Valentina
6. Fredrico
7. Valentina
8. Fredrico
9. Valentina
10. Fredrico
11. Valentina
12. Valentina
13. Fredrico/ Valentina
14. Fredrico
15. Valentina/ Fredrico
16. Valentina
17. Fredrico
18. Valenina
19. Fredrico
20. Valentina
21. Valentina
22. Fredrico
23. Valentina
24. Fredrico
25. Valentina
26. Valentina
27. Fredrico
28. Valentina
29. Fredrico
30. Valentina
31. Valentina
32. Fredrico
34. Fredrico
35. Valentina / Fredrico
36. Valentina
37. Fredrico
38. Valentina
39. Valentina / Fredrico
40. Valentina
41. Valentina
42. Fredrico
43. Valentina
44. Valentina
45. Fredrico
46. Valentina / Fredrico
47. Valentina
48. Fredrico
49. Valentina
50. Valentina
51. Fredrico / Valentina
52. Valentina / Fredrico
53. Fredrico
54. Valentina / Fredrico
55. Valentina
56. Valentina
57. Fredrico / Valentina
58. Fredrico / Valentina
59. Valentina / Fredrico
60. Valentina
61. Valentina / Fredrico
62. Valentina / Fredrico
63. Valentina / Fredrico
64. Fredrico / Valentina
65. Valentina / Fredrico
66. Valentina / Fredrico
67. Valentina / Fredrico
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue

33. Valentina

5.3K 138 128
Av rahja_

I was sitting at the bar watching Jamila, Aaya, Rory and Troy from afar when I feel a very familiar presence beside me.

"Thought you'd be running after your little girlfriend," I say and finish my drink.

"You knew her last name," Fredrico said.

I shrug, "I saw her with her father, made the connection."

I tap on the bar, "excuse me, can I get another scotch please?" The bartender nods and I smile at him. "Thank you."

He leaned up against the bar. I move when his arm touches mine. "I didn't know-"

"Whatever," I cut him off. "I don't really care."

"You're bothered by it," he stated.

"I'm not," I tell him.

He hummed, "'Your little girlfriend' sounds a little bothered to me."

From the corner of my eye I watch him lean in. I still haven't looked at him yet because his entire face would just piss me off.

"You're jealous."

That statement baffled me. I scoff, "If you think i'm jealous of little miss daddy's girl, you've got another thing coming."

The bartender puts down my drink and I put up a finger. I reach for my clutch to tip him, but Fredrico held out a one hundred dollar bill. "Get me a scotch please," he said.

The bartender nodded and took the bill.

I sigh, "I could've tipped him myself."

"I know. You never forget to remind me you make more than me."

I turn to him, "why would I be jealous of her?" I ask. "What is there to be jealous of? I'm a billionaire, I have a family, and I have you. So if anything she should be jealous."

He smirked, "You have me hmm?"

I roll my eyes, "Don't flatter yourself. I meant I have you as a fake boyfriend. Emphasize on the fake part. We'll never be in real relationship."

"Your dick must of had magic or some shit in it if she's that sprung on you," I tell him.

His smirk widened, "everyone is sprung after they get a piece of this."

I look him up and down, "Maybe you gave away too many pieces of that. Your dick barely left me wanting for more. That quickie we had, didn't do anything."

He moved closer. I turn around and put my back against the bar and put my elbows on the counter. He caged me in with his arms and leaned down.

"That quickie we had, was only a taste for what I can do to you," he whispered.

I scoff and smirk softly, "Is that right?"

He hummed, "I have a proposition."

I arch a brow, "well don't keep me waiting pretty princess. Tell me." He glared at me for the nickname.

I roll my eyes, "Rico tell me."

"Since we're both forced into this relationship. Let's both get something out of it."

"Sex," I stated more than a question.

He nodded. "Think you can have sex with me for the duration of getting Leroy with out falling in love with me?" He asks.

I scoff, "If you think i'll ever fall in love with you, you're crazy. If anything you'll be falling in love with me. It's pretty hard not to." I gesture to myself, "I mean just look at me. Men drop to their knees when they even think i'll give them a sliver of attention."

He shrugged, "i'm not most men."

"You're not," I tell him. "You're way more annoying and I would have a great time strangling you. I would be jumping with joy if I even got the opportunity to," I tell him.

I lean in and whisper, "Plus not every man is a murderer and runs the Italian mafia."

He hummed and leaned in. Our lips almost touching. "And not every woman has a dark past she refuses to share and runs the American mafia."

I shrug, "Maybe I just like to be mysterious."

"If were doing this I make the rules," I whisper in Italian.

He hummed, "I knew you would say that. What are the rules?"

I shrug, "I don't know."

"I don't even know if I want to agree to this. You and Marissa pissed me off," I tell him.

"What the hell did I do to piss you off?" He asks.

Someone loudly cleared their throat. Rico and I both turn. "The pda is fucking disgusting," Aaya said and gagged.

(A/N: If you don't know what pda is it's public displays of affection.)

I push on Rico's chest and he backs away. I turn around and face forward. "How's the party Aaya?" I ask.

"Troy just threw up from eating too much chocolate from the chocolate fountain. He's fine now. Mama made him sit down and eat a real meal instead of just junk food. Um I almost punched an old man in the face for telling me that I would make a great wife and it was a shame that I was gay because I would be perfect for him."

"Who said that?" I ask.

She looks over the railing to downstairs and points to the man. I turn to Rico, "Oh would you look at that. Marissa's dad is also a fucking dick."

"His daughter can burn in hell. I heard nobody wants to marry his daughter because she got chlamydia," Aaya said.

I grimace, "yikes."

I look down and notice Rory and Troy dancing, but no Jamila. "Hey did you speak to Jamila before she came up here?" I ask.

"Uh about fifteen minutes ago she said she was going to the bathroom," Aaya answered.

"I'll go check on her. Watch my clutch for me yeah?" She nods her head. I kiss her temple, "i'll be back."

"When are we leaving? My feet hurt," Aaya whined.

"In a little," I tell her and walk off.

I go downstairs and walk quickly towards the bathroom. When I turn the corner to the restrooms I bump into Jamila.

She put her hand on my chest, "Goodness Val. laqad 'akhfatni." (You scared me.)

"Sorry. laqad qalaqtu. qalat aya 'iinaha lam tarak mundh fatratin. jit liltahaquqi." (I got worried. Aaya said she didn't see you in a while. I came to check.)

She smiled, "Mija," she put her hand on my cheek. "I'm fine. I was just trying to get my zipper up in the back of my dress. Siempre eres tan paranoico." (You're always so paranoid.)

"I worry for your safety," I tell her and put my hand on her back.

"How's Troy?" I ask as we start to walk back.

"He's doing okay. Before I went to the bathroom he looked a little dizzy, but he said he always gets dizzy after he over eats."

"How's that sweet baby of yours hmm?" She asks.

"I checked on her twenty minutes ago. She fell asleep right after I talked to her." I get out my phone and show her the picture Nika sent me of her sleeping.

Jamila awed at her. "She's such a beautiful happy baby." She smiles at me, "she's just like you."

I hum, "Was she?"

Jamila nods. "The only time you cried was when Alfonso held you."

I chuckle, "I must've knew he wasn't my father," I joked.

Jamila's smile dims. I immediately feel like a dick. I clear my throat, "Sorry," I mumble.

"It's fine Val. Have you found anything on him?" She asks.

"Not yet. I'll let you know when I do," I tell her.

"Hey Valentina!"

We both stop walking and I turn and look over my shoulder. Diego smiled at me.

"Uh you go ahead Jamila. I'll meet you in a little," I tell her. She nods and walks off.

Diego caught up with me. "Hey Val!"

Diego is a model. I modeled with him a few times in the past. When I was freshly twenty one and he was twenty three we got to travel together for fashion week in Milan. One night we got drunk and slept together. We ended up fucking for the duration of our stay. I avoided him afterwards.

I know, it was a dick move. But I didn't want anything else other than sex. But he did. So I just have been avoiding him for the past two years.

I fake smile, "Diego! It's so nice to see you."

I was a bit surprised when he leaned in for a hug. He gives me a long, touchy hug. "How have you been?" He asks.

"I've been doing well," I say and take a step back. "How are you?"

"That's good! I'm great. I was wondering if-"

"Amore, there you are," I turned at Rico's voice. He put his arm around my waist and kissed my lips.
"I was wondering where you went." I could feel the jealousy oozing off of him.

He looked Diego up and down, "who's this?"

"Diego, Fredrico. Fredrico, Diego," I introduced them. "He's a friend from way back. We were in Milan for fashion week a couple years ago."

"Nice to meet you," Diego said and put out his hand.

Fredrico looked at it, but didn't shake it.

Talk about awkward...

"Aaya wants to talk to you. She says it's urgent," He told me.

I turn to Diego, "Sorry, I have to go. It was nice seeing you," I tell him.

"Of course. I'm coming to L.A. next week. Maybe we can go out for brunch and catch up," Diego offered with a smile.

"Uh text me on instagram and i'll get back to you when i'm available," I tell him.

"She won't be available. She's busy," Fredrico told him before pulling me away. I manage to wave at him before turning forward.

"What the hell was that?" I press Rico.

He shrugged, "Nothing."

"She won't be available, she's busy," I mocked his voice. "Don't tell me you're jealous."

"Jealous? Have you seen me?" He asks.

I look him up and down, "Have you seen Diego?"

"His eyes and eyebrows are to die for. His body, great hair too. Not to mention he used to read me stories in Spanish," I tease.

Diego was good looking, but not as good as Rico. Rico looked like Aphrodite spent her good time making him.

I would never tell him that though; I don't want his ego to get bigger than it already is.

The look on Rico's face made me laugh. "I'm kidding. Don't be so jealous Mi Princesa I would never date Diego."

He rolls his eyes. "Will you ever stop calling me a princess?"

"When you stop having an attitude and rolling your eyes I will," I reply with a smile. "It's fair since you call me Rapunzel."

We split up. I go and get Jamila, Troy, and Rory. He goes upstairs to find the rest so we can leave.

I walk over and see Rory and Troy hunched over while they laughed, obviously disturbing other guest. Jamila tried to get them to be quiet, but Troy fell out his chair, making them laugh harder.

"Were they drinking?" I ask.

Jamila shrugged, "I left them alone for fifteen minutes. Can you get drunk that fast?"

I help Troy into his seat and make both of them stop laughing. "How many drinks have you guys had?" I ask.

Rory shrugged, "this nice lady gave us an entire bottle of wine and told us it was for our donations. It tasted so good. Do you think we can get another bottle?"

"Bottle," Troy repeated. "Bot-Ole," he giggled. "Does that sound weird?"

Rory giggled and put her forehead on his cheek. "You're so funny. Why didn't we hang out sooner?"

Rory sat back up, tilted her head, then frowned. "I don't know. But let's be friends now."

"Only if you watch Bad Girls Club," he said and put up his pinky.

"Of course I do!" Rory yelled with a giggle. They pinky promise, kiss their hands. "Yay! Besties!" Troy yelled.

"We're leaving. Come on," I tell them and help Rory up. She stumbles and bit and clings onto my arm.

"Hey Val?"

"Yes Rory?" I ask.

Troy hugged Jamila. "I like you," he told her. "You're like a second mother to me. You deserve a parenting award."

He wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "I don't think it's your fault your sons turned out the way they did. You can't teach people kindness if they don't listen. Amir has potential. Maybe if he wasn't so scared of-"

"Troy stop it," I tell him.

He salutes, "yes ma'am!"

I sigh. "Val?"

"Yes Rory?"

"Can I ask you for a favor?"

"Depends on what it is," I tell her.

"Tell Rico we're not going back until six in the morning. We're throwing a surprise birthday party for him. Our family over in Italy wants to come over, they said they want to celebrate his birthday."

I furrow my brows, "why would they have a birthday party for him at twenty-eight? Why not just when he turns thirty?" I ask.

She shrugged, "I don't know. But will you do it?"

"Sure Rory," I tell her.

She pressed her index finger onto my lips, "shh," she shushed me. "It's a surprise. Don't tell him," she giggled.

I take her finger off my lips. "That's the whole point of a surprise," I tell her.

I help Rory upstairs while she talks my ear off about climate change and what's better for the environment.

When we get upstairs I pry Rory's hands off me and place them on Derek. "Oh hey brother!" She joyfully exclaimed and hugged him.

"How drunk is she?" Simone asks.

"Troy and her downed an entire twenty-thousand dollar bottle of wine." I explain.

Troy hugged Naveen, "I love you dude."

Naveen awkwardly patted his back. "Like I really love you dude. And you're so hot. If I was gay-"

I loudly clear my throat, "that really isn't needed Troy."

Troy shrugged, "just telling the truth."

"The limo is here. Let's get out of this hell hole. My feet are fucking aching," Blair said.

"I can carry you Blair," Troy offered. "But I charge five dollars each step."

Aaya laughed and patted him on the back. "You need to sleep this off."

Someone pulled on my wrist. "Hey Cleo! I didn't even see you there."

I immediately turn around to find Gabriella accompanied by the Rodríguez men.

Ugh this bitch is like a fucking cockroach.

"What the fuck did you just call me?" I ask her.

She smiled, "Oh i'm sorry, uh, what's your name... Give me a minute. It's on the tips of my tongue... Oh! Valentina!" She snaps her finger. "That's right."

"How are you girl? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!"

"What the fuck do you want?" I ask.

Rico came to my side and put his hand on the small of my back. Aaya grabbed my hand and stood just slightly behind me.

"Is there a problem?" Rico asked.

Alfonso stepped forward, "Just saying hello." He put his arm around Gabriella's waist and kissed her.

I nearly throw up in my mouth. Alfonso is thirty years older than her. There's no way in the fucking world they're actually dating.

"Hey Aaya," Amir said with a polite wave. Aaya moved closer to me and tightened her hold on my hand.

"Val, Rico, congrats on the relationship," he said with a smile.

Their was something off about him.

While Alfonso and Gabriella made out I closely look at him. He was jumpy with every slight movement one of them made, he had heavy makeup underneath his eyes and on his neck, and he looked like he'd been crying.

Then I finally caught it. He scratched the back of his head, then discreetly as possible he signed the word help.

"Did you see what I just seen," I whisper to Rico.

He nodded. "There's nothing we can do. He chose to be over there, so let him be over there."

I turn around, "I'm not sitting here waiting for them to stop making out. I'm sure they can confront me another time," I grumble.

I put my hand on Aaya's back and we start to walk outside. "Are you alright?" I ask Aaya.

She slowly nods, "I just don't understand how they turned out to be so... fucking evil."

"Don't think about it. It'll give you a headache," I tell her.

We meet the others outside and get into the limo. "What did Gabriella want?" Blair asks.

I shrug. "Alfonso and her are dating. They just made out in front of us while his sons stood there like lap dogs."

"Dating?" Liliana asks. "She's younger than Rory, that's a little girl," she said, obviously disgusted.

Jamila cringed, "Where's her father?"

"Once his kids turned eighteen he stopped caring. As long as they don't do anything illegal he's fine," Sabrina explained.

Leo scoffed, "he shouldn't be a parent."

•TIME SKIP•

We get back to where everyone else are staying at. I walk in on Nika sleeping on the couch while Ivy pulled on her hair.

I shake my head and turn on the light. Ivy screams excitedly when she sees me. Nika jerked awake. She looked around and put her head down with a groan.

"Your daughter tired me out. She crawls way too fast."

I pick Ivy up and smother her in kisses. She giggles, "Mama! Mama!"

"Did you miss me?" I coo and tickle her. She laughs and kicks her feet.

Nika stood up with a yawn and grabbed her bag. "I'll be on my way."

"Thank you for watching her," I say and give Nika a hug.

"Of course sugar plum! Just remind me to take a nap the next time I do." She says bye to everyone and Troy walks her out.

I go to the kitchen and sit Ivy down on the counter and I get out fruit from the refrigerator and we both snack on it.

"Listen I have to tell you something really important," Blair whispered.

Naveen, Blair, and Sabrina make a closed circle around me. "Okay," I drawled.

(A/N: This part is in all different languages because they're trying to be secretive. But i'll just write it in english and put what language they're using so it'll be easier for all of us lol.)

"Blair found your biological father," Sabrina said.

"His name is Jamie Gallo. He has a son that's twenty-nine, his name is Raylan Gallo. He has a step-daughter. Took over custody of her when her mothered died when she was twelve. He currently lives in the Dominican Republic. He's from Texas. He was adopted by a Spanish family, hence the Spanish last name. His birth parents were black panther activists. When his father went to jail, his mother couldn't support herself and a new born so they put him up for adoption. It was a closed adoption, both of his parents died in the early two thousands from an overdose."

Blair hands me a piece of paper and the picture. "That's his address, phone number, his kids, late wife. The basic background in case I talked too fast."

I look at the photo of him and Jamila.

Sabrina pats my back, "We know you're curious to see who he is. Maybe reach out."

I shrug, "Maybe later. There's too many things going on. Speaking of things," I look around. "Gabriella called me Cleo," I whisper in greek.

"She knows?" Naveen asks in Portuguese.

"She's dating Alfonso. He probably told her. But I need to figure out where or how he got this information."

"What was on that flash drive you got from the flower shop?" Blair asked in Arabic.

"My father suspects that the Spanish Mafia was behind all of it. My kidnapping, the prostitution, everything. I haven't even got through all of the videos on it yet."

"Alfonso knew you weren't his kid," Naveen whispered. "So he got you kidnapped by the Germans, then they leave you in Spain-"

"Where all of his family reside," we all collectively whisper.

"Then you escape, so they send out people to get you. But Alfonso didn't want to kill you because he most likely wanted to see you suffer for being another man's child. So he sent you into prostitution. Then he lost control by your parents coming in and saving you. Narcissists hate losing control-"

"What language is that?"

We abruptly break apart the circle. Aaya stared at us with curiosity. "So are all of you like human translators?"

"Basically," we all answered.

She sighed, "i'm too dumb for that." She grabs a can of Ginger-Ale from the fridge. "I'll leave y'all to it. By the way, Ivy made a mess with that fruit bowl. Especially with the blackberries."

"Shit," I curse and turn around.

Ivy had managed to eat most of the bowl. What she didn't eat was smeared on her face, clothes, and the counter.

She smiles then giggles when I sigh.

•TIME SKIP•

We got back to the penthouse and I stared at the information for a moment. "Should I tell Jamila?" I whisper to myself.

I weigh out the pros and cons. "I'll tell her if I think it's safe to reach out," I whisper to myself and put it away in my drawer.

I take a shower, do my night routine, and finish packing. I put on underwear and a oversized shirt and get in the bed with Rico.

I set my alarms for when to wake up and rub my eyes and sigh.

"Did he really read you stories?"

I furrow my brows and turn to Rico. "What?"

"Did he read you stories?" He asks again.

A laugh escaped my lips when I realize what he's talking about. "You can't be serious. You're still stuck on Diego? I was just teasing you."

He hummed, "every man knows the way to a woman's heart is poetry anyways."

I roll my eyes and put my phone on the nightstand.

"What do you want for your birthday?" I change the subject. He smirked and ran his fingertips up my leg.

I rolled my eyes and turned over. "Go to sleep. We have an early flight to catch."

"You didn't even let me tell you what I wanted."

"I already know," I tell him and shut the lamp off.

I was prepared for him to say something, but he just turned over and shut his lamp off.

I sigh and close my eyes.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

1.1M 21.3K 74
[COMPLETED] Book 1 in the Del Rosso series ____________________________________________ "I have three words for you Ace Del Rosso. I hate you." __...
11.2K 855 40
WARNING: MATURE CONTENT!!! ★Be careful who you trust. Because, even your bestfriend can also become your greatest enemy★ Don't come close to me !" I...
336K 5.3K 54
[Not Edited] He's ruthless every man wants to be him or the fear him, every women wants to fuck him. He has the largest mafia he could kill anyone i...
4.7M 138K 43
Warning: THIS BOOK IS FOR MATURE READERS ONLY (18+). CONTAINS MATURE SCENES, VIOLENCE, AND LOTS OF CURSING. (A sequel to The Infamous Rafael Vali...