What Makes You Beautiful? | h...

De n1ghtchanges

At the age of 18, the one thing Charli Rose doesn't want to worry about is her parents death; but unfortunate... Mai multe

prologue
one: beginnings & pep rallys
two: a house party & harry
three: band practice
four: battle of the bands
five: hangovers at nando's
six: girls night out (pt. one)
seven: girls night out (pt. two)
eight: freakouts & car rides
nine: first gig & bitches
ten: harry styles & zayn malik
11: pranks & punches
12: charlotte & a crazy girl
13: stalker problems
14: chase & celebrations
15: morning after & texts
16: sleepovers & spice girls
17: dinner & heathrow
18: pickups & introductions
19: homecoming
20: georgia meets the guys
21: blast from the past
22: you lot are the worst
23: backyard talks
24: are you chicken?
25: together, we are trouble
26: niall's basement
27: date night*
28: maggie time
29: what the f
30: phone conversations
31: the devil himself
32: encounter with the devils mistress
33: two pieces
34: what do you have in mind?
35: stonehenge
36: when disaster strikes
37: breakdown
38: girl talk
39: alone time
40: blurred
41: walking in
42: are you done yet?
43: i really like you
44: i need a change
45: change is good
46: almost caught
47: drunk
48: best friends
49: thorpe park
50: lets try this again?
51: you're crazy*
52: road trip
53: crying on the beach
54: did he just?
55: the truth hurts
56: what happened?
57: serenade in a tent
58: surprise text
59: moving in
60: you'll pay for that
61: no, i'm harry*
62: bad luck*
63: dinner & a movie*
epilogue
bonus: the wedding
bonus: the reception
bonus: flowers and garters*
bonus: the honeymoon
bonus: first ultrasound
bonus: announcements
bonus: new addition

64: i'm here

145 4 0
De n1ghtchanges

*Charli POV*

I let out a whimper, my eyes were heavy as I try to open them. The bright room makes them snap back shut, in an attempt to block out the harsh glow of the fluorescent lights.

"She's awake!" a woman's voice speaks a little too loudly.

"Yeah," I breathe out. I attempt to push myself into a sitting position but with weak arms I simply fall back down on the bed.

"Charli, please don't try to speak. I'll go grab the nurse," a male voice speaks in a hushed tone.

"What?" I wince, rubbing my temples in an attempt to south the pain shooting through my head.

"Honey, I'm so glad you're awake," the woman speaks again. Is that Gram?

"Where?" is the only thing I can get out. My throat feels like it's closed up completely as I cough a few times.

"We're in the hospital, honey. You were in an accident," Gram speaks again. "Honey, please don't speak."

"Nurse, in here," the man is back. Gramps. My head lolls to the side, and I will myself to open my eyes. The bright room still semi-blinding me, when three silhouettes start to appear.

"Dear, I've got some water here, I'd like you to have a drink," a third voice spoke. The nurse I'm assuming? There was a small poking at my lips, where a straw was placed in between them. I took a small sip, letting the water do its job.

"Honey, do you know your name?" The nurse asks.

"Ch-arli," I splutter out, coughing once again. "Water."

The straw was placed between my lips once more, and I took a larger sip, letting it sit in my mouth before swallowing and taking another sip.

"Charli," I state clearer this time, taking the cup from the nurse. "Rose."

"Good. What about your birthday?"

"May 24. I'm 18."

"That's right, but honey you're not 18," Gram says.

"Yes I am," my eyes focus in on the nurse, whose expression was full of confusion and concern.

"Honey, what are you talking about?"

I looked towards the voice, seeing my Gram standing beside the bed. "Gram," I sigh lazily.

"Hi, darling," she steps forward and picks up my hand, squeezing it gently. I give her a smile and she immediately frowns. "Honey, do you know what the date is?"

I slowly shake my head no as I wrack my brain for a date. . Brooke's birthday celebration was on Tuesday, and we went to the movies Wednesday, so today is Thursday, "August 21, 2014."

"2014?" she queries.

"Yes, 2014. I'm 18," I take another sip from the cup and watch her.

"No, honey. You're almost 16."

"What are you talking about? I'm 18," I say in a worried tone, my eyes darting around the room, looking for the mess of curls. "Where's Harry?"

"He's in the waiting room with your sister," I look up to see Gramps standing behind Gram, a worried look on his face as well.

"Can you get him please?" I ask, watching him slowly nod and exit the room.

I'm silent for a few minutes before Gram speaks up. "Nurse, what's going on with her?" she queries with a scared look on her features.

"It seems that she's suffering from an acute comatose state."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I question. "I mean, I don't know what you're talking about, can you explain?"

"Most patients in a state of comatose, enter into an unconscious state, not allowing them to enter an REM cycle," the nurse starts, taking a step towards the hospital bed I'm in. "Charlotte's theory that it's a different date leads me believe that she only entered an acute state of this comatose. Where she was having vivid, almost lifelike dreams. She seems to be unable to comprehend between these dreams and reality."

"Okay, but if it's not 2014, what's the date?"

"It's March 8, 2012 honey."

"But that's when... No. No!" I trail off, thinking back to when my parents passed away. "Mum and dad..."

All of the memories flashback to me, and in a split second I'm having troubles breathing. My heart is beating so rapidly that it feels like it's going to pound out of my chest at the memories of the day when I found out they passed. Tears well in my eyes, and I grab the pillow at my side and try fighting back sobs into it.

"They're in the room down the hall. When you start to feel better, we can have someone can bring down to visit them," the nurse speaks, making my eyes widen.

"But they're dead," I bit my lip, letting a tear slide down my cheeks. "I can't... they can't..."

"They survived the crash. They're quite banged up, but they'll be just fine," she smiled.

My eyes shut as the tears started flowing down my cheeks like a river. My parents are still alive? "They didn't die in the crash? I remember burying them. I didn't go to school at all in the rest of the month or in April."

"Well, I'm sorry to break it to you, but you'll be out of school for a couple of weeks at the most. You were out for a decent amount of time, but you look like you'll do just fine," she states, flipping a sheet of paper over and reading the back of it. "Now, it was a pretty nasty car wreck you were in. But all of your X-rays and tests came back good and other than a few bumps and bruises, you should be good to go in a couple weeks. Now, unfortunately your parents will be off work for a while, so you and your sister will have to help out a lot."

"You'll all be moving into our house," Gram speaks quietly. "Once everything settles down and you can come home, I'll need you and your sister to help as much as possible."

There was a knock at the door, and my head shoots up. In the doorway was the familiar curly haired boy, who was noticeably younger. His hair was shorter and curlier, looking like he's been tugging at it every way possible. His lack of tattoos saddened me, but a few were still a few on his wrist and and some poking out of his sleeve.

Maybe the nurse was right. If what she was telling me is actually true, and it's actually 2012 right now, I'm not with Harry.  I've also never been with Zayn, which is what I've always wanted.

The thought of it makes me start crying even more than I already was. The pillow is still clutched tightly in my hands, and I see Gram stepping backwards. I wave my hand, motioning for him to come closer. He cautiously takes a step closer, worry clouding his features.

"Harry," I breathed out, watching his smile pop up. He runs over and wraps his arms tightly around me.

"Charli."

"We'll give you two some time," the nurse smiled at me, leading Gram and Gramps out of the room.

I sit wrapped in Harry's arms for what seems like hours. He let out a shaky breath and pulled back, looking down at me. "I thought you were dead," he chokes back a sob, taking my hands in his. "I was so scared."

I can't even imagine what he must be going through. I don't know what I'd do with myself if Harry was in my position. I'm sure that I'd be devastated, and I probably wouldn't be able to handle myself if it did. "I'm okay. I'm here, Harry," I take a breath and close my eyes, burying my face in his chest.

It's silent between us, but comfortable. I bit my lower lip, needing to know if I'm actually crazy, or what, "Harry, can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"What year is it?"

He cocks his head to the side, and furrows his brows, "It's 2012, why?" Just like I figured would happen, he said the year I hoped it wouldn't be.

"I just-I had a dream I guess, while I was out. But it seemed so real," I ramble, watching his thumbs stroke across my knuckles gently. "My parents died in this crash, and then I started dating Zayn, but he was a dick. And then cheated on me. We started dating, and I just wish that I could go back to that. But I don't, because my parents wouldn't be alive. It just sucks because there's things I want from both of those things. Like my parents and everything, but mostly I just want you, and-"

I was silenced by Harry pressing his lips against mine. I instantly reacted by kissing him back. My hands found their way to the nape of his neck, holding him with one while the other ran through the back of his hair. I felt more tears escaping my eyes, but I couldn't help but smile.

I pull back and look him in the eye, before desperately clinging onto his shirt.

"Charli..." he breathes. His eyes are flicking back and forth between mine with concern.

"Harry, I love you. I'm probably the stupidest person in the world, but I love you. I can't let you go," I sob and bury my face into his chest. His arms protectively made their way around me, one gently rubbing my back, while the other was brushing through my hair. "I need you Harry. So much."

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here," he coos, holding me in his arms. He's starts rocking me in a calming motion, to where my eyes start to droops slightly.

"I'm serious, Harry. I can't be without you."

"I'm not going anywhere. Okay? I love you more than you can probably imagine, but it's true. I have since the first time I met you."

"Good," I sigh. "Because I love you too."

I shifted over on the bed so he could lay down beside me. I curl up against him, taking back my familiar position I grew to love in my apparent dream.

Harry asked me what went through my head during the time I was in a coma, so I explained everything I could remember.

Starting with my parents dying, causing Georgia to fly across the world. I told him about Zayn, and how I let my relationship with him ruin what we had. I ended up crying part way into the story, which led to him calming me down, and me stealing another kiss from him.

I skipped forward to the day we saw him in the diner, explaining the guys had a band, and Harry was asked to fill in. How we got closer over the few weeks, before he came with me to the airport to pick Georgia back up.

I then moved on to how we were at one of the bands gigs and I walked in on Zayn cheating on me. It still hurts me to this day, and a few tears escaped, only to be brushed away almost instantly by Harry's thumbs.

I told him that he comforted me when I needed someone to be there, just like with my parents. I then explained how I started developing feelings and just how it spiralled from there.

In between the story, he would lean down and kiss me, just like how he did in my dream state.

These kisses were real, and I can't even describe the feeling I get from them. The dream kisses were incredible, and these ones were so much more. They still made my stomach flutter, but it was more intense this time. It felt like millions of butterflies were trying to escape from inside me.

Harry wanted to know more about us and our relationship, so I told him about how he planned a cute camping trip with the group of us, and how I came across the truth that my entire relationship with Zayn was based on a lie, and how I wished I could change the past.

"Can I just point something out to you?" he asked slowly, watching me nod. "You can change the past, Charli. I can guarantee you, that you've never dated that guy; and from what you've told me, I won't let you."

"Harry, I don't want to date him. I want to date you. I want to be able to wake up every morning with a smile on my face, knowing it's from you. I love you, and that's that."

"Okay," he nodded, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "Then we'll do that. We can do all of that. I'm not going anywhere, I told you that already. You don't have to worry."

I nodded and tilted my head up to kiss him when there was a knock on the door. "Come in!"

"Charli, I'm so glad you're okay!" Georgia's voice rang loudly through the small room. She sprinted towards the bed, stopping when she reached the foot. She walked around to the side that Harry wasn't on, and I let go of Harry's hand and reached out for hers. "I though you guys were gone. I really did."

"We're all going to be fine," I smile weakly.

"You wouldn't be in here if I didn't get drunk and need a drive. I was selfish," she sighed, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. "I'll never let myself live it down. For almost killing you. For almost killing our parents. Charli, it was the stupidest thing I've ever done."

"Georgie, you don't have to feel bad. Accidents happen," I shrug, patting the gap on the bed to urge her to sit. "I'm okay."

"I could never live with myself if anything happened to any of you."

"When I was out, I had a dream mum and dad passed away. And to deal with it, you moved across the world. You couldn't handle the stress and you just up and left me," I shrugged. "But it hurt more that you just decided to leave than deal with your problems."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I forgave you when you came back. You need to know that I'll forgive you for everything. There's only one thing you could do that would never warrant forgiveness, but I can almost guarantee you that there's no chance in that ever happening. So, don't worry about it. It's just a minor hiccup. I'll be better than new in a couple weeks."

"You're sure?" Georgia asks, looking at me with worried eyes.

"Positive. I'm actually better than I was before anything happened. So, I guess I'll thank you for that," I turned and looked at Harry, biting my bottom lip slightly before smiling widely. "I had an a nightmare. It was horrible, and I think I needed that to happen so my life didn't turn in the wrong direction. Georgia, thank you-"

"No, don't thank me."

"It's fine. I'm good."

"Everyone is happy about that. Your friends are all in the waiting room."

"Can you go get them? I want to see them," I ask, sitting up straighter in the bed. Harry adjusted with me, and held onto me tightly.

"You're only allowed two visitors at a time."

"I almost died," I groaned loudly, rolling my eyes. "The least they could let me do is see my friends. All of them."

"Louis figured you say that. Which is why we all convinced the nurse to allow it," she said with a smirk. "Come on in guys!"

Four heads poked around the corner, making my smile grow. A chorus of "Charli!" was heard, and I didn't even try to hide my laughter.

Everyone piled in the room, standing in either side of the bed.

"How are you, Charli?" Liam was the first to speak.

"I'm great now," I grinned, looking at the solemn faces of the group in front of me.

---

Harry refused to leave my side at all, except for my bathroom breaks. I had to admit, I was over the moon when he told me that he felt the same way I did. He had even convinced the nurses to allow him to stay in my rooms past visiting hours, which I definitely wasn't going to object to.

It was the next day, and I awoke curled up against Harry's chest. Harry was trailing his fingers along my side, humming softly to himself.

"What's that song?" I query.

"Hmm?"

"The one you're humming. What is it?" I ask quietly.

"Oh, it's nothing. I just get bored and make up tunes in my head," he rasps, deep and gravelly.

"In my dream, you wrote tons of songs about me," I whisper, looking up to meet his starr. He smiled and pressed his lips against mine, allowing us to just be there together. "I love you."

"I'll never get over you saying that. I've been dreaming of it since the day we met. It means so much to me that you love me too, Charli."

"Of course I do, Hazzy."

He laughed before continuing to trace patterns on my arm. A knock made me look up at the door, "Charli?" The nurses head popped through the crack, and I waved her in.

"It seems your boyfriend is happy you're okay," she smiled, and strolled over to the end of the bed. She picked up my chart from the end of it, flipping through a couple of pages.

"He is," I pulled my bottom lip in between my teeth and looked up at Harry. His eyes were widened, and he looked taken aback. "What?" I whispered.

"She just called me your boyfriend."

"So?"

"You're okay with that?" he questioned.

"More than okay. I'm ecstatic about it. I don't even care if you don't want to be my boyfriend, because I'm not going to give you an option," I giggle, watching him nod quickly. "I love you boyfriend."

"I love you girlfriend," he tilts his head down and presses his lips against my forehead, making me hum quietly. "We're cheesy."

"Eh, I don't actually care. I'd rather be cheesy with you than not be able to be with you."

"So, it looks like you're doing really well, Charli. Your levels are on the right track, you don't seem to be having any problems adjusting with anything. I'd say you'll be free to go soon," she speaks, placing the clipboard back at the foot of the bed. "I'd like to keep you at least one more night, but you should be good for release tomorrow."

"That's amazing," I grinned, squeezing Harry's hand gently.

"Now, I just checked up on your parents, and everything looks really good with them. Your father has a mild case of whiplash, and his neck and shoulder is badly bruised from the seatbelt, but he's luck he was wearing it. He does have a meniscus tear, which unfortunately does take some time to heal. The other vehicle hit the drivers side of your car, and your father unfortunately hit his head on the window of the car due to the impact. He's got several stitches on the right side of his face as well."

"How bad are my mums injuries?" I ask, not wanting to know the answer.

"Your mother has a few cracked ribs, and her shoulder needed to be put back in place. They pair definitely need some time to heal, but they're both very positive and strong people, not complaining about anything. Well, only one small complaint. They wanted to let you know that they'd like to see you."

"Yes, of course!" I cried out. It's been years- apparently only two days since I've seen them, and I miss them so much. "Can I go now?"

"Definitely. Harry here was already down there yesterday, so he can show you the way," she smiled and walked to the closet. She pulled out a pink robe, my pink robe from home and walked over, handing it to me. "Your sister brought you this. Thought you may want it."

I nodded and sat up quickly, making my head spin. Harry quickly jumped up and ran around to the other side of the bed, helping me bring my feet over the edge of the bed. He grabbed the pair of slippers from the floor and put them on my feet, before helping me stand.

I pull the robe on, and stand still in Harry's arms for a few minutes. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm going to see my parents in just a few minutes. Even though it's only been a couple days, in my head they've been dead for a couple years now. I just can't get over the fact that I thought I was living without them.

Within a few minutes we were standing outside my parents room, and I nervously clung onto Harry's arm. "I can't do this, Harry. I've been living the past few years thinking my parents were dead."

"Charli, baby it was just a dream. Your parents are alive and well. Slightly banged up, but they're alive. They've been asking for you since yesterday. They want to see you," he confesses, pulling me into his chest and rubbing my back.

"It's hard, Harry," I sob into his shirt, fisting the fabric in my hands.

"I know, love. But you have to keep it in mind that it wasn't real life; this is," he says before placing a kiss on the tip of my nose. "Now, you can come in behind me, because I need you to see your parents."

I nodded and watched him knock on the wooden door. "Come in!" my dads voice spoke, and I cowered into Harry's chest. I started bawling like a baby, unable to contain my emotions.

"Baby, I'm right here. We're going to do this together, okay? I'm right here. I love you," he pulled me back and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Now, let's get going. Because there's two people inside here who want to see their daughter."

I nodded as he slowly opened the door. He led me inside the room, where I came face to face with parents for the first time for me in years. They were curled up with each other just as Harry and I had been just moments before.

Tears pooled in my eyes as I sprinted towards the single bed they were lying in, standing at the foot. "Charli," they both called my name.

I jumped on the bed and wrapped both arms around them. "I missed you so much. I thought you were dead!" I cried, sobbing into my moms chest. "I had a dream- you both- and Georgia..."

"It's okay. The nurse informed us," dad spoke quietly. "We're here. We're going to be here forever darling. I promise you."

"Good," I sobbed louder.

A cough was heard and I turned to see Harry smirking at the foot of the bed. I sighed in content, knowing for the first time in a long time, that everything that I've ever dreamed of was right in front of me, and from the looks of it, isn't going to change.

-----------------------------

Authors Note:

sobs forever. 😭

I'll be posting the epilogue right after this, so please make sure to check it out!

As always... please comment and vote! ❤️

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

7.3K 79 46
A girl named Laura, aged 19,fell in love with Harry Styles. They were together for nearly a year until one day, Harry decided to go on X Factor and h...
666K 13K 33
Harry Styles and Brooke Evans were dating for two years and were crazy in love with each other. Brooke was a music final year student in London while...
5.7K 73 88
Y/n Y/l/n, a 21 year old, successful singer, disappeared for two years without anyone knowing the reason. She had to keep it a secret, she wanted it...
7.3K 59 30
Ashley a freshman at UNI had just fully recovered from her abusive and emotionally draining relationship of two years with a monster of an ex, Brent...