Being Bad For Good Sake

By The_Author_S

This is my obsessive life, and the most important thing is that I have never allowed myself to cry. Despite m... More

Obsessive Life
Daily Routine
MDC Anniversary
MDC Anniversary Part 2
MDC Anniversary Part 3(Lila Busted)
Tiring Weekends (unwanted visit)
Mysteries!!!
Enrollment in Gotham Academy
Unexpected Twist
Have to Go
Flight To Gotham
First Time Meeting
First day in Academy(1)
First Day in Academy (2)
Are You?
Timothy Drake
Face Reveal
Failed attempts to befriend her
Am I falling in love?
I Pretend to not care.
I Don't Need Your Pity
It doesn't matter who apologizes first... The apology is the one that matters.
The Dance I never expected...
The Rumor...
Recognizing Presence in the Absence.
Would You be My Girlfriend?
The Betrayal

What happened?

850 20 1
By The_Author_S

After the family meeting, Joseph approached me with a sense of urgency, insisting on a conversation that couldn't wait. Reluctantly, I followed him to the living room on the ground floor, bracing myself for what seemed like an impending time-consuming ordeal. I had a multitude of tasks waiting for me, and I was dead serious about not wasting a single moment.

"What's so urgent that it can't wait, Joseph?" I asked him, making it clear that unless it was truly important, there would be consequences for disrupting my schedule. I had no patience for trivial matters.

"Ma'am, it's about your bedroom," Joseph replied, his concern evident in his voice. However, irritation crept over me. Oh, God, this was going to take up half an hour of my precious time. But I knew that if I brushed it off, I would wake up to forces, guards stationed outside my bedroom, and Tikki and Plagg installing lasers or some other security measures around the house. I couldn't allow that to happen.

"So, you want to know why my bedroom is in such a mess and why I was covered in blood," I stated rather than asking, already aware of what he wanted to discuss. I waited for his confirmation with a nod before continuing.

"Well, you're familiar with the underworld group known as 'The Dark Dimension.' They're the second most powerful group, right after mine. One of their members discovered that I am Nocivo, the leader of Scarface and that I'm operating undercover. While it's partially true that I am Nocivo and have a secret, no one sent me to spy on them. It was my own decision to help innocent people and release my frustration by taking down criminals and adversaries. Now, here's what happened: he managed to break into my house, using some unknown method, and sneaked into my room through the air vents. And then, a fierce battle ensued..."

Flashback to Marinette's room before she yells ~

"May I know who you are and why did you sneak into my room?" I maintained a calm demeanor, choosing to gather information before taking any action. Many people I knew, or those who knew me, had a tendency to sneak around, so clarification was necessary.

"Well, well, well. Don't you think I should be the one asking the questions? After all, you're a traitor and undercover. And now I'm certain of it. All I need is proof to present to the Boss, and then you'll either be kicked out or dead. After that, I'll be due for a promotion," he sneered, standing in front of me, his tone and body language dripping with hatred. He wasn't here for a conversation; he wanted to take me down. If he wanted a fight, then I would gladly oblige.

"Alright then, if you want to kill me, go ahead. I'm alone, defenseless, unarmed, with no one by my side. It's just you and me, a man against a girl. Let the fight begin," I challenged him, allowing my confidence to shine through. His ego got the better of him, and he lunged at me, attempting to punch me in the face. But being me, I effortlessly blocked his attack with a single hand. Swiftly, I flipped him over my shoulder, causing him to crash onto the coffee table, shattering it into pieces that scattered both on him and me.

During the chaos, he retrieved his gun from his jacket and aimed it at me. I was positioned near the bed and using a pillow as a shield was far from ideal, but it would have to suffice. I unleashed a relentless flurry of punches on his face, not relenting even when he deployed smoke balls, clouding my vision. Despite the limited visibility in the confined space, I felt the shards of glass beneath me as he pinned me to the floor. Suddenly, a hard punch landed in my gut, fueling my anger. I was determined to show him what I was truly capable of. With a forceful kick to his back, his grip weakened, giving me the opportunity I needed. I quickly rose to my feet and struck him with such ferocity that he collapsed, unconscious.

As a profound silence settled in, I felt a warm sensation at my back—a trickle of blood. Glancing down at the man who had provoked me, I saw him lying on the floor, nearly lifeless, blood oozing from his nose and mouth. I bound him to a chair and administered a sedative to ensure he would remain unconscious for at least five hours. Then, I concealed him in a hidden compartment/room beneath my bed—a secret space that used to be my previous work area.

After disposing of his gun and any incriminating evidence, I surveyed the aftermath in my room. It was utter chaos, but thankfully, my safe and important documents remained untouched and intact. Unfortunately, my new design for Jagged Stone was destroyed, and it would take time to recreate it. I berated myself aloud, the frustration evident in my voice.

At that moment, you, being your usual stubborn self, entered my room and observed the scene. Furthermore, we had an uninvited guest. And now, you're up to speed with everything that transpired," I concluded matter-of-factly.

"Alright, so that's the reason behind your outburst. But what about that man... Did he regain consciousness?" He asked, seeking clarification. In response, I shook my head from side to side, indicating that he had not.

Surprising him with my next statement, I said, "Yes, you may!" His astonishment was palpable as he blurted out his question aloud, wondering how I knew what he was thinking.

"Ma'am, what do you mean by giving me permission?" he inquired.

"For preparing the torture room, obviously. You were thinking the same thing, right?" I asked, wanting to ensure there were no misunderstandings.

"Yes, ma'am, that's exactly what I was thinking. But how did you know?" he asked, still taken aback.

"Because you're not the only one with skills. I, too, can read minds," I replied, leaving no room for further questions. With that, I walked away and returned to my room, leaving him to contemplate my abilities.

Flashback to what happened In the Family meeting ~

Now it was time for the dreaded family meeting, and to be honest, I didn't particularly enjoy them. Whenever my turn came, it seemed to take hours to get through. Previously, we hadn't held these meetings because Tikki and Plagg had placed spies on me and stationed numerous guards around me. It was an incredibly awkward situation, but I managed to outsmart them, leaving them fearful of approaching me. But I digress. I joined the meeting, and Tikki and Plagg greeted me.

"Hey, sweetie! Good evening," Tikki chimed in. "Hey, bugaboo, what's up?" Plagg added with his usual playful tone.

"Seriously, Plagg? You're grown up now and married, yet you still act like a flirty teenager," I retorted, my words flowing without a second thought.

"Oh, bugaboo, chill! I'm not that old. If we stand together, we could pass as a couple. Isn't that right, sugar cube?" Plagg remarked, glancing at Tikki.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing with you, but yes, if you two stand together, you look like a perfect couple. And Plagg, well, he's always been Plagg. Maybe it's his nature, or maybe he just wants to get you into some trouble," Tikki replied, bursting into laughter along with Plagg. They were clearly trying to tease me.

"Don't laugh, Plagg. It could also be that I'm more mature than girls my age. You can't blame it on me; it's just the way I've been since birth. My life and my circumstances have made me different from other girls my age," I stated, defending myself. The room fell into a momentary silence as everyone processed my words, and then they started showing sympathy.

"So, Marinette, I wanted to tell you that there are some people who will be joining us. Before you argue, they are related to you, so bear with it," Tikki spoke, using my name, indicating that this was a serious matter. I didn't inquire further and simply nodded my head, accepting the news.

And after a minute, I noticed the arrival of Mr. and Mrs. Stark, along with Mr. and Mrs. Cheng. I understood why the Chengs were present, but the presence of the Starks puzzled me. It meant they were somehow connected to my childhood or past, the parts of my life that remained shrouded in mystery.

"Greetings to Mr. Plagg and Mrs. Tikki," Mr. Stark addressed them.

"Greetings to you too," Tikki and Plagg replied in unison.

"Good evening, everyone," Mr. Cheng greeted the room.

"Miss, it's not good to ignore someone's greetings," Mr. Stark pointed out. I felt a surge of anger. Who was he to tell me what to do? He was becoming a headache.

"Well, Mr. Stark, I don't speak unless it's necessary, and greetings don't hold much importance for me. So you better understand that, because I won't be repeating myself," I retorted, expressing my frustration. It seemed like I was reiterating this statement for the second time.

"But, Miss, this is our first meeting, and you said it as if it were the second or third time," Mr. Stark responded. I was about to reply, but Tikki intervened.

"Alright, enough. I'm inviting Jagged, and then we can begin," Tikki interjected, putting an end to the escalating tension. After a minute, Jagged entered the room.

"Morning Flame!" he greeted me with my nickname, a term of endearment. I simply nodded in acknowledgment, ready to proceed with the meeting.

"So, I am Tony Stark. Well, I don't need an introduction, but still. When I found out that Pepper, my wife, was pregnant, I was overjoyed. However, I couldn't share the news with anyone. After she gave birth to you, Marinette, I felt like the happiest person in the world. Your tiny little hands made me feel alive, so we named you Marinette Stark. Only a few people knew about your existence, like the doctors, Happy, and those involved in the operation."

"But two days after your birth, some assassins discovered that Stark Enterprises had an heir. Pepper and I were very worried about you, and as our only child, you were everything to us. They attacked us on the same day. To ensure your safety, I gave you to the Chengs. I knew Mr. Cheng when I was in China for some business. I felt that he was someone I could trust, and since he is a baker and owns a bakery, I believed that no one would suspect an innocent baker's adorable daughter. So, I entrusted you to Dupain Cheng to take care of you. I thought you would be happy with Dupain and Sabine Cheng, so I left it at that."

As he spoke, I noticed Tony Stark setting aside his ego and attitude and wearing a genuine smile. I acknowledged his words, but it seemed like he expected a different response.

"Miss, do you have anything to ask or say? If you do, feel free to do so," he inquired, anticipating a different reaction.

I recalled a rule, one that I had established for our family meetings. "Mr. Stark, this is a family meeting, and here I have certain rules. One of them is not to freak out, cry, scream, yell, talk, or ask questions until the matter is complete. Regarding this situation, I have only heard half of the story so far, so I kindly request that you wait and listen to others before jumping to conclusions."

"Hello, I am Dupain Cheng, and I will continue where Mr. Stark left off. First of all, I had no idea that the person who gave me his daughter was the owner of Stark Enterprises at that time. When he entrusted you to me, we were overjoyed. You coming into our home felt like a heavenly gift, as if our prayers had been answered. Even though you weren't our biological child, we treated you as our own. Your beauty and everything about you was extraordinary. And when you first called me 'Dad,' it was incredibly heartwarming."

"Ten days after Mr. Stark placed you in my care, I legally named you as the heir to all my property and designated you as the next in line for the throne of Shenghai. You see, my wife and I have been living undercover as bakers to evade the assassins. As my closest and only daughter figure, I have given everything to you. Officially, when you turn 19, you will assume the role of heir to the throne. When the assassins learned that England finally had an heir after so many years, they attempted to kill you. They almost discovered my true identity and whereabouts, but my soldiers intercepted them and took that secret to their graves."

"To safeguard your life, I placed you with a kind and young couple whom I didn't personally know. I believed that a random couple would be safer because the assassins wouldn't be able to trace them back to me. If they were to interrogate me, I would have no knowledge about the couple. Likewise, since they had no connection to me. As Mr. Stark mentioned earlier, I also firmly believe that what I have done is right, or at the very least, not wrong. I did it all for you and your safety."

As Dupain spoke, he displayed a smile during the positive moments and a visible unease when discussing the assassins. Once again, I simply nodded in acknowledgment, knowing that it was now Plagg's turn to share his part of the story

If you're eager to hear Plagg's story and discover Marinette's conclusion, stay tuned to the Author of Miraculous Stories. Don't worry, I won't keep you waiting for too long. I understand that this chapter has been quite lengthy, but it's also filled with intriguing revelations. As the mysteries slowly unravel, the story becomes even more captivating. By the way, the song mentioned earlier is sung by NETTE, and the accompanying picture showcases Marinette's outfit for the family meeting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 1.4K 37
It's the beginning of my senior year and all I want is to get through the last year of high school, unscathed and under the radar. Of course, that is...
79.2K 2.9K 22
Marinette moves to Gotham when Bunnix warns that Lila will ruin her life if she stays in Paris, giving Hawk Moth the chance manipulate Marinette's em...
128K 5.5K 26
Colette: My boyfriend Zac thinks I accidentally crushed on him with a steaming cup of coffee which lead to our many chance encounters that made him r...
1M 26.1K 50
Disclaimer- I don't own the characters they belong to Zagg and DC Daminette: School Trip Those who know of him, think of Damian Wayne as the cold and...