The Billionaire's Nanny

By xley___sweetpsycho

New updates every weekday by 9 am Thanks for 3k reads❤❤ "I don't care," Lucas snapped back, "get her out of... More

Prologue
Interview
Asshole
No Thanks
Baron's Visit
Rethink
Apology
First day
The twins
Who is Sarah?
The planetarium
First day
The Ex-wife
The subway
Not a monster
First Gift
The park
Trashy Massage
Celine's visit
Making dinner
The visit
His family
A good day
Our first kiss
The Balcony
The bed
His Girlfriend
The mystery person
One week in
The park
Razorcut
The job
Office romance
The sexy Nerd
Mia
Sister's tease
His secret
The mall stalker
Truth revealed
Closet
Family dinner
The break up
Bess
Not her
Ill
I love you
Hospitalized
Blue Monster
Real
Reconcilation
Make up
The kids
BFF's boyfriend
The surprise
Sister's return
Ex-wife?
Gone (Lucas POV)
Tears
Dangerous ex-wife
Threats
Forgiven
A trip
Family
The plan
Confront
The lost baby
Vacation
Mile high club
New Haven
Elmo
His Friends
Railed
Crabs and Mommies
Baecation
The love island
Beautiful scars
Jerk
Love on a boulder
Trouble in Paradise
The birthday baby
Pregnant
The test
The hospital
Tough choice
I choose you too
The proposal
An old nemesis
The basement
Friends lift each other
Miscommunicated
The Basement II
Curious cat
Home
Death trap
Finally over
Wedding Bells
A merry Christmas
Epilogue

Pinata

22.6K 979 15
By xley___sweetpsycho

It was our last day here, and one full of activities. The day before had been an endless cycle of trying to recall the last time I had taken the pill, realizing I was too far lost to keep track, refreshing my period tracker app the hundredth time, throwing up everything that had made it past my throat only to crave more food, or would I rather say candy.

At some point, I had felt the kick of cramps in my lower abdomen and after rushing to the bathroom and sitting on the toilet seat for minutes, there was nothing, not even a drop of blood. Add that to the frustrating mix of horniness, thankfully Lucas could match my uncanny wave of desires.

I was relieved to know that we would be out of here first thing in the morning after Zoey's birthday. I just had to make it one more day. I had gone to bed the previous night, convincing myself that this was something else, a bug, the flu, or maybe an ulcer. I just had to sleep it off and I would be fine by morning. At least that was what I told Lucas when he showed his concern.

Thankfully, he was up and busy before I woke up this morning, so he could not see how much worse I felt now. And as the day moved further, it definitely did not get better.

The supposed small family dinner had quickly extended to a full-on kids' fest. Trying to keep my mind busy, I offered my help to oversee the kitchen, and well I hate to say it, but it was a choice I was almost regretting. Who knew Italian spices could be so nauseating. That along with the commotion and buzz filtering through the two-story mansion—adults chattering, kids screaming, balloons popping one after the other, kitchenware clattering, the mad rush of footsteps running here and there, a phone clearly with no owner since it was on the fifth ring now. I was on the brink of losing my mind.

The head chef gave me an apologetic look as she glanced my way again. Even she could tell that I would much rather not be in here right now. Don't get me wrong, I loved Zoey and I really wanted to be part of her third birthday, or at least help to make sure it was a huge success. I mean have you seen that kid, she is a real bundle of joy, but right now, I just was not feeling it.

A sweet and honey-like smell—one very different from the various spicy aromas filling the air and making me want to retch my guts out—wafted up to my nose and I swiveled my head just to see some part of what looked like a tray of pastries before it was placed carefully into the fridge.

"What's that?" I asked, biting back the sudden urge for something sweet again.

Slow down girl, we ate a whole pack of candies yesterday.

The young chef regarded me with a puzzled smile, "Cannoli, Signora," he said in a slight accent. "They're Italian pastries, for the birthday girl."

"That's nice," I nodded, holding myself back from asking for a taste test. The sudden craving was weird, seeing as I had turned down all their offers for one all afternoon mostly out of fear that I would be puking my guts out if I had even a bite of anything. Also, I was not exactly the biggest fan of sweets. "so what are we doing next?"

"We are mostly done here," the head chef answered, wiping her hands on a towel in the pocket of her apron. "you should take a break Signora, you don't look so good."

Forcing a laugh, I waved my hand, "I'm fine. Just a little overwhelmed by the day's activities."

She smiled with understanding, "My point exactly. I know something that can help." she reached into the fridge and brought me a can of ginger ale. "get some fresh air outside too."

With a little hesitancy, I took the drink from her. "Are you sure you'll be fine?"

She chuckled, "this is my job Signora, all day every day. We'll be fine."

I gave a grateful smile and thanked her before heading out of the kitchen. Maybe it was the sour taste of the drink, or the sudden air slapping my skin but I felt like a knot was suddenly untied in my chest as I stepped out to the back lawn. Suddenly the sound of the kids screaming happily was not so irritating.

Mia and Lilian had done a terrific job with the princess-themed decoration, but there was still something off about it. Zoey, Abby, and Aiden were in an exciting chase with Zoey trudging a pinata stick with her. Robin was busy directing some men I assumed were from the lighting company on how to set up the string lights, while Mia and Lilian were at each end of the long dinner table setting a table cloth over.

Mia waved a hand, beckoning me over. "So, thoughts," she asked gesturing around as I joined them.

"You guys killed it," I said trying and failing to sound excited.

"See I told you it's not a disaster," Mia said sarcastically to Lilian who did not look like she was in her best mood either.

"Yet," she bit back, tucking her side of the table cloth in.

"It's a little too pink, but I guess that's why it's a three-year-old's party after all." I chipped in, with a toothed smile.

"Did you drink bitch potion?" Mia whipped around to face me and for a second I thought I had seriously upset her.

"Yeah," Lilian snapped, pointing to my drink, "is that what's in the bottle?"

"It's just ginger ale actually." I held it up," and if you would have let me finish, you would have heard me say, regardless, it's perfect and I think Zoey is lucky to have such a creative mom." I gave Mia a side-eye before adding, "and Aunt."

Lilian sighed, giving me an apologetic look, "I'm sorry, I think I'm the one with the bitch potion."

"That's fine." I leaned closer to Mia as Lilian started setting out the flatwares on the table. "What's with her?"

"She's acting all hormonal again," Mia shrugged.

"Call me hormonal one more time and I'll shove this fork down your throat," Lilan held a silver fork close, her smile more sinister than sweet.

Mia gave me a 'see what I mean look,' before raising her hand in apology, "what I meant was, she just wants the party to go perfect. She's kind of a perfectionist when it comes to organizing and Zoey."

"Well, that makes some sense,"

"Yeah. I'll go check on the kids"

"Why they were just here..." I whipped around, hoping to find them running around, but didn't. "Yeah, I think you should."

"Stay here and make sure she doesn't actually shove that fork down anyone's throat," she nodded towards Lilian.

"Wait, did she really mean that?!"

"You sure have never met preggie Lils before, have you," she chuckled, "you're sweet, I'm sure she won't murder you."

"Of course."

With a little hesitation, I strutted closer, joining Liloan at the table. "Hey,"

"Hey,"' she said, without looking at me.

"You seem pretty upset Lils," I said carefully, taking a towel and a plate.

"Just nervous," she shrugged.

"Are you sure that's just is, or is..." I paused weighing my words. "you know what Mia said...about hormones."

To my surprise, she just chuckled, "I'm not pregnant Chris. I know I'm usually like this when I am, but this time it's something different."

"You're sure?" I pressed further, mostly out of my own curiosity. Maybe, just maybe, whatever was wrong with Lilian was the same thing wrong with me.

"Trust me, I had a test done," she sighed, before adding, "I am simply having a case of over-anxious birthday planning mom."

"Oh. Of course,"' I forced a smile. Definitely not what's going on with me. "So, uh...you got a test done?"

"Hmm-hmm. At first, I was going crazy with worry," she leaned in to whisper, "which would probably explain my outburst with Lucas the other day, but, I got a test done the next day, and viola, not pregnant."

Crazy with worry. I would know a lot about that.

"Why are you so hung up anyway?" she asked, before turning to me with a gasp, "don't tell me you're..."

"I'm not pregnant," I jumped in before she could complete the words and draw more attention than I needed at the moment. "Just curious."

"Hmm-hmm," she smiled, shaking her head in an 'I don't believe you' way. "Well just in case you need to fuel your curiosity, I don't have any extra tests, but I can recommend the most effective."

"Jesus I am not pregnant Lilian," I chuckled.

"Who's pregnant?" Mia said from behind, startling me.

"'Definitely not me."

Thankfully, she just shrugged it off. "Um Lils, I need the pack of candy for the pinata, the kids want us to set it up now."

"Oh shit, I forgot to get some. I thought they came in it?"

"Apparently not, good thing I got some extra, I'll go get them."

Hopefully, she was not talking about the same candy I had finished in my crazed craving yesterday. "Are you talking about the ones in the fridge?"

"Yeah."

Shit. "Well, you see the thing is, I kinda had them."

"That's okay," Lilian said, "you can give her the rest of them."

"I meant I had all of them,"

It took a moment for them to react, and while Mia looked like she would be rolling with laughter any moment, Lilan well, she was..."I'm going to kill you!"

"I know, I'm sorry. I had no idea they were for Zoey."

"That's not the point, what kind of human eats 100 candies in one day?" Mia said through laughter.

"I was in a mood okay," I said, a little more defensively than I intended, "Just give me a few minutes and I'll go get some,"

"Lucas won't let you go out," Lilian said, now on the brink of tears. She really was hormonal today, "my baby is going to have a birthday without candies."

"No, she's not, I'm just going to rush over and I'll get some,"

In quick steps, I walked away from them to find Lucas. At least he would understand if I explained the situation and Lilan's mood to him. I could not be so sure of that though as I finally found him in his study, or would I rather say I heard him yelling before I actually saw him.

With the door open slightly, I inched closer in careful steps, not wanting to alert him of my presence. He sat in his highback chair, slightly turned away from the door. He was dressed more casually today in a pair of black jeans and a white button-down but still managed to be the sexiest man on the planet for me. Then again, even if he was wearing a potato sack, I would still find him irresistibly sexy.

My heart wrenched as he raked his fingers through his hair, clearly pissed at whoever was on the receiving end of the phone.

"We do not fucking have until tomorrow, my family is coming back to Diego tomorrow and I want this sorted out before then!"

I did not need to hear anymore to know exactly what this was about. And I wanted more than anything for something to just take his distress away. And then it hit me. Lucas's words in the bathroom. "...that would be my anchor in the middle of this storm we're facing now."

Maybe I did have the keys to bringing a smile on Lucas's face again. I just had to make sure I was right first. The only worse than not doing anything to help was giving him hope only to have it crumbled in the end. I had seen the disappointment in his eyes when I told him I was not pregnant in the bathroom and I never wanted to see it again.

Besides, how bad could one ten-minute trip to the store be? Just get in, get the test and get right out—Zoey's candy too. Carefully, I backed away from the door, ready to do the one thing I promised my best friend I would not do, and if this went badly Lucas would be furious with me. Yet, it was absolutely worth the risk.

"What the fuck do you mean by that?!" he roared as I walked away. I had not seen Lucas this upset in a while.

I had to make this quick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 14.3K 63
(Steamy, Strong Language, Sexual Content) 18+ (COMPLETED) Jaxon Reynolds is what every girl thinks they want. What they don't know is that he is stru...
63.6K 1.8K 88
"If you so much as lay a single finger on Jess," Lucas warned in a breathless dry voice. "I'll break every fucking bone in your body and then." He la...
2.3M 17.3K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
216K 3.3K 40
MATURE CONTENT, +18 ONLY When Andy starts a complex and steamy love affair with her new boss, she discovers there's more to his arrogant facade than...