The Girl Beyond her Place In...

Oleh Wonderless__a

"Um sir there appears to be a random girl on the premises..." "Just give her an autograph picture and shoo he... Lebih Banyak

The awakening
Meeting the Team
Crazy Talk
Settling In
Building Trust
Starbucks and Lazy Day's at the Tower
Worth a Try for The Fools
Midnight Mission
These are just the Beginning
One Year Anniversary
One of Stark's Bad Ideas
Movie Night Gone Wrong
The Training Begins
Cherry's Sundaes
Stark's Birthday Bash full of sadness
Sunday at the Beach
The Assassin and the Time Machine
The Science Bros and Awkward Times
Day of the Avengers
A Red, White, and Blue type of Party
An Unexpected Morning
Motorcycles, Training, and Feelings
Roaring Twenties
The Mighty Thor's Return
Slumber Party Madness
Mission Mishaps
Meeting with Pepper Potts
Family Portrait with the Team
Picnic at the Park
Haunted House
Everybody Likes Birthdays...right?
Christmas Shopping with the Assassin Duo
Christmas Workshop
Christmas with the Avengers
Stark's New Years Bash
The Start of a New Day
The First Mission
Agent Carter
Fury and the Ghost of a Man
Keeping Our Cool
The Help of a New Friend
The Dead Keep Living...
We keep Fighting
The Celebration of an Old Life
It's a Date
The Start Of The Prank Wars
One of Those Days
The Golden Four
New Hero in Manhattan
Back to the Tower
Fainting Spells and Mondays
The God of Mischief's Return
Everyone Needs a Friend
Coming around

Spending a day with the Archer

492 20 2
Oleh Wonderless__a

6:05 a.m. 16 January 2014

"We're here, sweetheart."

I peel open my eyes to see we were in fact at the tower, in the garage to he precise. I let out a small groan as the super-soldier helps me off the bike- I was sitting in front of him as I was a sleepy zombie and he didnt want me to fall off- after getting off himself.

The reason we are here so early is because Steve and Nat have a mission at seven. At first, I was just going to stay at the apartment but when Clint found out, he offered Steve to just drop me off at the tower for the day as he was staying for a couple days.

Not to mention that Thor had left back to Asgard last week, just the day after New Years. So it was just him and Nat staying in the tower now.

So now here I am with Steve heading up to the common room still sleepy as I had been woken up more earlier than I like.

"Bird brain better actually be here or the next time I see him, I'll break all his arrows." I grumble as I flop onto the sofa.

"Geeze, is that the thanks I get for keeping you company?" I hear from above me.

I look up from the sofa to see the archer hop over onto the other side, resting his whole body on the leather furniture.

"Yeah, yeah. You just better not disappear on me like you do everytime you are here. I know where your nest is." I grumble groggily.

I turn and lay myself onto the super soldier's lap, who was sitting in the middle of the couch. I feel the man start to run his hands through my hair, causing me to relax more and slowly fall back to sleep. I drown out the noise of the television playing and the two men chatting lowly to each other. I let out a hum in content as I allow myself to relax in my spot, yet it unfortunately doesn't last long as I feel him slowly lift my head up and place it back down on the sofa.

"You leaving?" I grumble out, peeling my eyes open as much as I could.

"Yep, sorry sweetheart. I got to go now." The super soldier smiles softly at me.

"Okie. Be safe please." I whisper as I close my eyes again.

"I will," I hear the man chuckling.

I thought he had left by now but then I feel his lips softly come in contact with the side of my head as he whispers. "Till the end of the line doll."

"End of line." I hum, a small smile on my lips as I allow sleep to continue to wash over me.

•••

I groan as I open my eyes, the first thing I see is the large flat screen T.V that's hanging on the wall, the two wall-sized windows on either side of it bringing in a heavy array of sun light that surprisingly doesn't hit me directly. At least, that didn't bother me.

I look up at the other end of the couch to see my archer companion still in the same position as last time, his focus solely on the movie that's playing on the screen.

"What movie is this?" I question, finally willing myself to sit up.

Aww someone put a blanket on me, so soft and comfy. I couldn't help but think as I look down at the charcoal gray blanket as I wait for Clint to respond.

"American Pie." Clint smiles over at me. "Also good morning." He sing songs.

"Morning. What time is it?" I yawn out the last of my sentence, the tiredness leaving my body.

"It is nine-fourty." He remarks, looking down at his watch.

"Nice." I nod smiling before I stand up, stretching around before heading down to the elevator. "I'll be back bird man!"

"Alright!"

I tell the AI to take me down to my floor so I can just have a look around. I also feel cold as I unfortunately didn't grab a jacket along the way out as I was basically a zombie just slipping on my mineral blue lined crocs (after sliding on a pair of black tights) and that was it. I mean, now that I think of it, I'm kind of surprised that Steve didn't mention anything about it as he always comments on things like that like a worried boyfriend... or mother hen.

I walk into my room, sliding open my closet to see that I do in fact have a hoodie here for me to use. Once I have pulled out the navy blue material and slip it over my (Steve') over sized Tshirt. I realize that it is in fact Steve's hoodie and not mine. I mean, I have been stealing some of his clothes more often lately so he's not that surprised anymore at this point. I happily slide it on and head back out of my floor and back up the common room.

Nice, it still smells like him...

I peak my head out to see that Barton was still on the couch but this time he was the one sleeping. I shrug my shoulders and head into the kitchen to find something to eat, digging through the cabinets until I find a blue box of Strawberry flavor Pop tarts hidden in the far end of of the middle shelf. I smile to myself knowing that Thor put these here on purpose as no one really likes looking in this shelf since all there is sitting in it are canned stuff. I don't bother pulling the box out as I know if Clint sees it, he'll just eat the whole thing so I just pull a pack out and leave it be for now.

I quickly snatch a small jar of milk (for some reason Stark deemed it necessary to just by glass jars of milk like they have of Starbucks coffee instead of a whole jug of it) just as the poptarts pop up from the toaster. I then happily skip back over to the livingroom, lightly smacking the archer on the forehead just for the heck of it, causing him to let out a startled yelp and awaken.

"I'm going to go to the cinema floor just in case you wake back up and need me." I inform the man as I walk away to let him get back to his sleep.

I hear him grumble out between an 'okay' and 'that's fine' but don't bother staying as I knew he was just asleep again. I munch on the first Pop tart as I step out of the metal box, greated with the picture palace filled with tons of drinks, sweets, and an array of different flavored popcorn. I greet the AI that resides in the building.

"Hey 'J', do you think you can start Tangled for me please!"

"Of course miss. Do you need anything else?"

"Well, if it's not too much to ask... can you also start a medium sized popcorn for me? Please?" I inform the AI as I start making myself a drink.

"Of course miss.... with extra butter I assume?"

"Oh, you know it bud."

I smile as I knew he understood me (heck, he understood the assignment). I turn and quickly grab everything I wanted and make my way to one of the leather chairs in the middle row as the intro when Flynn Ryder starts narrating starts playing.

•••

11:50 a.m. 16 January 2014, Avengers Tower

"Go. Get out of here!" The man pushes me forward hurriedly. "Run! Keep running till you are as far away as possible."

"No!" The tears threatening to spill as I shake my head at the man's proposition. "Not without you!"

The man's eyes sadden as he stares into my chocolate brown one's. I can see the struggle within them, the fight he is having with himself from my denial.

"Please." I cry out, pushing the bundle in my arms tighter to my chest at the sound of yelling and thunders of footsteps get closer. "This isn't our fight anymore. Let's just leave. Together."

The man's sapphire eyes brake way of the dam they were holding, causing my own to fall as well. I stare greedily at his face, trying to memorize every detail as if it will be the last time I see it.

"Please." I bed once more. "We stick together. You promised." I pause, jostling my arms now at the sound of the small cry erupting through the night. "'Till the end of the line."

The man's sad gaze shifts down to the small bundle in my arms, the hard gaze setting in at my phrase. I am quick to pull him into me, the feeling of his soft, chapped, lips moving against mine greedily is all I needed to know for my answer.

Pulling away I stare up into the eyes of the man I know I will always love. A sad smile on my lips as I take in his form once more.

"I will always love you Steven Rogers. Till the end of the line."

"And I, you Andrea Rogers. Till the end of the line."

I open my eyes as I pull my forehead away from his.

"You better make it out of this alive and make it back to us, Steve. I'm serious." I whisper to the man before giving him one last peck on the lips before I pull away.

The man nods with a small smile and stern expression before bending lower to leave a small kiss on top of the small head that is still laid on my chest. I look up at the man with a smile before turning and walking away.

I stop short once I am at a distance, turning to see the man pulling up his shield one last time as he runs straight into the enemies line.

"Shh... its alright Theo.. daddy will be alright. We will all be." I whisper to the bundle of joy as I make on my way to the vehicle ahead of me with a certain blonde sticking her head out of the window. Waving her hand for me to hurry over.

"Andrea!" I stop in my steps confused as her voice didn't match.

"Hey kid, wake up!"

I realize that her 'voice', actually belonged to Clint.

Did he just say 'wake up?' I frown.

"Andrea!"

I shoot up, the flashes of popcorn flying around me as I look up to see the archer standing over me. A worried expression lingering in his eyes as I greet the man.

"Oh, hey... sorry I didn't even realize I fell back asleep." I sheepishly respond, brushing the pieces of kernel out of my lap.

"It's alright. I figured you were still tired when I asked J.A.R.V.I.S to call you up for lunch." The man shrugs with a small smile.

"Ooh, what's for lunch?" I let out a yawn as I stand up for a quick stretch.

I try not to let my dream get to me as I push it down for now as I listen to the archer who was explaining what he had in mind for lunch snf even dinner (as it was his day today). I just nod my head nonchalantly as my thoughts keep going back to the dream.

What could it mean? I mean, is this a sign that something really bad will happen later on in the future?... Do Steve and I really get to that stage in life? I mean with the whole thing of future Steve visiting gave me an idea but I don't know what exactly happens for us... and the baby. My goodness, do we-

"Helloo? Earth to Andrea?"

I snap my gaze up to the archer who is now waving a hand in front of my face with a face full of concern.

"Oh, sorry about that I just..." I trail off, wondering what to say. "I was just thinking-"

"Was it about your dream?" The archer whispers.

"What-" I look up at him in confusion at how he knows.

"You were whimpering out for Steve." He explains softly, sitting in the seat beside me. "I wasn't sure what to do, if I should just wake you, or I should just go call Steve-"

"No, no." I shake my head quickly. "Please don't call him, he needs to focus on his mission and not worry about me. I'm fine, these are normal at those point."

"Sorry kid, seems like J.A.R.V.I.S already beat me to it." Clint shoots me a half smile as he raises his phone to show that Nat had messaged asking if I was alright.

"Oh, great. " I sigh, putting my head into my hand. I just stand up and head over to the elevator.

"Wait, what do you mean 'these are normal at this point.'" The question with curiosity as he follows behind.

I open my mouth to explain as we stepped out to the common room when J.A.R.V.I.S' voice breaks through the ceiling.

"Miss Delgado, Mr. Rogers is calling. Would you like to-"

"Nope." I shake my head with a hint of annoyance spreading through me. "Ignore it for now please J.A.R.V.I.S."

"If you insist miss."

"Why did you ignore it? Isn't that just going to worry him even more?" Clint comments behind me as we set up for lunch.

"He's got to understand that I can be a big girl and can't always rely on him after every vision/nightmare, or whatever crap that was I just had." I huff, placing in the large pizza for the two of us.

"Well, I don't think this is the best way. I mean, you know how he gets, we all know how he gets so maybe you should just call him back." Clint sighs.

I turn to comment when J.A.R.V.I.S cuts in again.

"Miss-"

"I told you to call me Andrea like a bazillion times J."

"I-Andrea, Mr. Rogers is insisting that you answer or call him back."

I swear the AI just sighed, shit he's probably tired of our stubbornness and I don't blame him.

"Nope!" I pop the 'p' as I shuffle about the kitchen, getting out the utilities. "Tell him he can wait till he gets back from the mission if he wants to talk to me."

I can hear Clint scoff then see him from the corner of my eye shaking his head at my stubbornness. I just ignore the man as I check on the pizza.

I hear the AI start to say something when he is cut off by another familiar voice.

"Andrea, please. Why are you ignoring my calls?"

I groan, resting a hand to my face. "Aren't you supposed to be on a mission right now?" I question, instantly brushing off his question.

"Well, yes but-"

"Okay, so we can talk when you get back, as simple as that Steve." I shrug like it was no big deal.

I hear the super-soldier sigh on the other end but nonetheless he doesn't press on the matter and says he will talk to me after they are done with the mission and gives a quick 'goodbye' before the line went dead. I know he's upset now with how our conversation went but I just brushes it off as I make eye contact with the archer who just stands the beside me with a raised brow and small smirk on his lips.

I just roll my eyes at his expression, walking around to the fridge to pull out the pitcher of sweet tea that Nat had made a couple days ago. I completely ignore the older man who's watching with amusement as I pass him to place the glass down in the center of the large table. I hear the timer go off, signaling that the pizza is ready but am immediately get told from Barton that he got it. I pull out the pizza stand from one of the cabinets, placing it down by the tea right as the pizza was set down.

"Alright, let's dig in."

I roll my eyes at the sandy blonde-haired man's comment but nonetheless happily take two slices before filling my cup up.

"To getting our best friends mad." I grin, raising my cup out to Clint.

He let's out a laugh, shaking his head but brings his cup up to meet mine with a 'clink'.

"Well, lucky for you. Yours doesn't beat you up each time you get in an argument."

"No but he is sure stubbornness as hell."

•••

"Shit."

I look up from my crossword puzzle, it being the same one I found those seven months ago, seeing the man peering down at his phone from his spot on his own bean bag.

"What?... What happened?" I question, looking back down to focus back on the small book.

We had eventually ended up in his nest after lunch for the rest of the day. At first, we had played a few rounds of tik-tak-toe until the bird-man was getting fed up with loosing more than he was winning so we had switched to doing our own thing.

It was actually nice just sitting here in the comfort of the nest and the low hum of the music playing through the small radio that Clint has sitting on a green bean bag on our right hand side.

"I just lost again to Nat in scrabble." He sighs, followed with a shake of his head.

I pause in my movement, looking up in confusion at the sentence that just left his mouth.

"Isn't she on the mission with Steve?" I question, ignoring the scrabble part.

"She is..." He shrugs nonchalantly.

"Okay..." I trail, wondering if he was going to explain more.

"She said they are just waiting for the STRIKE team to get what they need before heading back."

I nod in response before speaking. "Ah, got it... sounds like an easy mission then."

I get an 'Mhmm', from the man and with that it went back to the nice quiet space with only the soft music playing. I snuggled deeper into my spot happily as I flip the page over to start working on the next word search, this time with a different color high-lighter.

"Want one?"

I look up to see Barton holding up a water bottle from where he was hovering over the silver mini fridge in the corner beside him. I nod with a smile, standing to meet him halfway to take the drink from his hand and giving a small thanks in return.

I sit down, taking a much needed sip from the beverage before getting back on my little activity. I was just on my third page when Clint's phone goes off causing us to look up at each other before he scrambles to pick it up. I snicker at his panicked state as he answers the call, looking a bit panicked still as he talks hushed into the phone. I raise a brow at his behavior when he makes eye contact with my brown one's, curios on who it was. He doesn't say anything to my expression at first until the call ends just briefly after.

"That was Nat." He starts as he shoves his phone back into his pocket. "She just called to explain that they are done with their mission and are heading back now... that Steve didn't appear to be in the best mood."

I sigh at his last comment, knowing exactly why the super-soldier was upset. I mean, I'm sure all three of us knew why he was upset as Clint was here when Steve called and well I'm sure Nat was there to see his mood change after our short call.

"Yeah, I'm not surprised... looks like I should enjoy this peace and quiet before I have to deal with a cranky super-soldier."

I get a small chuckle from the man as he picks up a tennis ball and starts tossing it up in the air. I set the small book down as I decided to take a break for my hand and brain.

"So how long do you think-"

"Miss Delgado and Mr. Barton... I would like to inform you that Miss Romanoff and Mr. Rogers have just returned." J.A.R.V.I.S cuts in.

"Why does he mention you first?"

I ignore the comment from the man beside me as I clean up my side before heading out of the enclosed space, glad that it was large enough to allow me to stand in and that I don't develope claustrophobia. I crawl through one of the spaces that was connected and start heading to the the other side that I know will lead me to the common room. I look behind for a moment to see that Clint went the other way leaving me to shrug and just continue.

I pause in my movement as soon as I make it to the vent that peers down over the spacious room that I was aiming for. I instantly spot a head of red hair facing away from me, it looked like she was talking to someone before she starts shuffling back, indicating she was going to walk away. I took this as my chance to stealthily jump down from the vent, slowly lowering myself before hiding behind the wall beside. I prepare myself to either be successful or to get my ass kicked... mostly to get my ass kicked.

I wait patiently hunched down as I hear the voice of the assassin until it dials down as she starts walking over towards my direction. Just as I hear her step through the hallway, I roll out from my hiding spot as I grab a hold of Nat's ankle, turning myself to face her back and kicking at the back of the knees causing them to buckle underneath at the sudden pressure. I am quick to roll onto of her back, pulling her right wrist back and pinning it to her back and I put pressure on her other arm to prevent her from getting out from the hold as I keep my body weight evenly distributed on her waist to also keep her locked down on the floor.

I grin as green orbs peer over from the corner of her eyes as her face is laying against the floor.

"Gotcha." I tease.

I get a laugh from the Russian as I pull myself off the older woman, pulling her up along with me.

"Good job kid, you finally got me." She grins.

I let her pull me into a hug, enjoying the embrace of the woman I have started to see in a sisterly/motherly way. It's been a while since we have been able to just talk so I was glad we were able to have that moment to talk about what we have been up to since we last hung out.

"Uh oh, looks like someone should get going." Nat smirks as she looks over my shoulder.

I turn around to see Steve sashaying over with a serious expression set on his soft features. I let out a huff before turning back to Nat, giving her a sarcastic smile as she is already heading down the hall, throwing me a small wave as a signal of goodbye. I take a moment to myself to prepare for what's to come before turning back around to come face-to-face with a stern looking super-soldier.

I peer up at the man with a small smirk. "Hi Steven, how was the mission?"

I don't get a response verbally, instead I get a set of sapphire eyes glaring down at me as he allows his hands to rest on either side of his hips.

"Let's go. We'll talk at home."

I watch as he turns stalking off towards the elevator, the smirk on my face grows a bit bigger at his response. I knew messing with him while he is already upset but I just couldn't help it as I enjoy pissing him off at times.

Well, this should be interesting.

I catch sight of the archer, giving him a quick wave and signed a 'thank you' for keeping me company today and to tell his wife I said hi.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

15.8K 402 16
BOOK 1 Y/N is a 23 year old super genius, she graduated University at 18 and has been obsessed on recreating wanda's mind reading powers. She was com...
112K 3.9K 188
*** I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to read my book, I can not believe it has over 50k views! I appreciate you all so much 💙 Spenc...
93.4K 1.8K 153
• Maya Stark • Daughter of Tony Stark • Avenger • Fighter • Badass • Sarcastic Asshole • ___________________________________________ 'I may have a p...
273K 10K 47
AGE OF GLORY Book One · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · "Pietro," Wanda whispers to him in Sokovian, "Pietro, come back. Dear brother, I need you." His vitals come b...