Keeping Our Cool

1:32 p.m. 12 February 2014

Man am I glad I was able to change from that outfit, don't get me wrong I love that suit.

I think Stark did an amazing job on it (especially the sword!), but I did miss being in comfy clothes even if I was just in my missions clothes for about thirty minutes.

I step out of the bathroom, rushing over and stuffing my suit in my bag, glad that it was some sort of enhanced bag that Stark had gifted me for my birthday last year. It was honestly the same one I take about everywhere with me, I can fit so much crap in here, it's not even funny.

I look over at the super soldier who walks up to me, carrying his suit and handing it over with a tight smile. I just smile reassuring back at him as I pile in the suit with mine and the few extra clothes I packed along with it. I rush over to the kitchen and snag a few water bottle and granola bars, any little snacks for us to nibble on for our journey through the day.

"Alright, I think it's best if we leave now as I have no doubt they are looking for us already." Steve quips up by the front door as he snags up his shield.

"Yep, sounds good. I'm all set to go," I smile up at him as I hoist the bag behind my back, surprised with how light it feels with all the stuff inside.

"Do you need me to get that?"

"No, I got-" I pause at the realization that I was forgetting something. "Wait! My journal and laptop!"

I rush over to my room and snatch up the book, the encased technology- making sure my charge was inside the case as well, and even snatching up my phone and its charger.

"Sorry, I have some information on here that I can't allow them to have." I explain to the super soldier as we quickly walk out of the apartment and to the motorcycle.

We get back to the hospital to retrieve the flash drive from the vending machine but as we stand in front of it we see that it's gone.

I look up to see Steves face morph from confusion to annoyance as Natasha then appears behind him chewing some gum, in anger Steve pushes her into a room with me trailing behind with a sigh leaving my lips at the argument to unfold.

"Where is it?" He growls.

I feel my cheeks heat up at his action. I mean, I admit that was a bit hot... like damn.

"Safe." Nat's voice nonchalant, she swiftly directs her attention to me that causes a smirk to creep on her lips as she notices my shift of behavior.

"Do better!"

"Where did you get it?" The red head winks over at me, but turns her attention back on the super soldier.

"Why would I tell you?"

"I had it." I cut in.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?" Nat snaps her head to me, her face serious now.

"What's on it?" Steve asks as I stay quiet, knowing exactly what's on it.

Technically I can just tell them but to be fair, I did forget most of it, and we need to go on this mission or things won't work out the way they need to.

"I don't know." Romanoff responds calmly.

"Stop lying!" Steve grows angrier.

I step up this time, calmly grabbing onto his arm and pulling him back a little to give Nat her space.

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers."

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?"

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you."