It's a Date

5:10 a.m. 21 March 2014, Casa de Rogers and Delgado

I wake to the sound of a soft knocking on my door before I hear it open slowly. I sit up confused on who the heck could be knocking on my door at five in the morning. I don't bother grabbing the gun that's taped underneath my bed frame as I know if it was a bad guy, they wouldn't be knocking, they would just break in.

I stare at the person with a slight frown, rubbing my eyes a bit to get rid of the blurriness.

"Is everything okay?" I whisper before a yawn escapes my lips.

I carefully get up, moving the comforter over and crawling over to the foot of the bed as I try to stay awake.

"I'm sorry for waking you up, sweetheart."

"'S fine." I lazily wave him off with a tired smile. "You alright?"

I watch as he steps away from the door frame, stopping a few feet in front of me as he opens his mouth to speak before he closes it then repeats the process. Seeming at a struggle with himself at finding the right words.

I raise a brow at his behavior as I know he usually is more confident on the outside.

"Be ready around three o'clock, please..."

"Oh, is there something going on at the tow-"

"We are going out. On a date."

I stare perplexed for a moment at his sudden boldness, now it was my turn who's struggling with the right words to say.

"Oh..." Is all I can seem to get out.

"Oh?..." Steve repeats with a raised brow.

"I...I mean, I can't wait." I stumble out, my cheeks flushing as I stare at the man before me.

A boyish smile breaks out on his lips before he suddenly leans forward and leaves a lingering kiss on my cheek.

"Can't wait either, baby doll." He winks, and just like that, he turns and walks back to his room.

Leaving me standing there in a slight daze at what just happened before I snap out of it, closing my door, and plopping back on my bed to go back to sleep. With a stupid grin on my lips as I fall back into a deep sleep.

•••

"Good morning there, sleeping beauty."

I perk up at the feminine voice, wrestling with my sheets as I rush over to the figure standing beside my doorway.

"Nattie!" I squeal, wrapping my arms tightly around her waist. This gets an immediate chuckle from the assassin as she tightens the hug, swaying us a bit before pulling back.

"Man, did I missed you and your hugs, маленькая звезда."

"I missed you tooo." I grin as I pull her back into one more hug before pulling away and pulling her down to sit beside me on the foot of the bed.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were still undercover?"

"You honestly think I'm gonna stay away long, especially when a certain someone is going on her first date with a certain super-soldier?" She grins, raising a brow as she leans back to rest on her elbow.

"How did you know?" I ask a bit perplexed.

"Please, I know everything." She teases.

"Nat." I chuckle.

"Alright." She huffs. "A certain someone may have called me in a bit of panic after asking you on a date at five in the morning."

"I honestly thought I had dreamt that." I chuckle causing the redhead to shake her head with a smirk.