The Broken Souls (Beyond the...

Av shiprasaini1

Adhiti is simple girl and lives in Saharanpur, a small town in Utter predesh. She had a crush on her neighbor... Mer

Basic information
Prologue
1. My handsome Neighbor
2. When I saw him first time
3. He came to my house
4. The first day of school
5. The Guest
6. Crossing the road
7. The friend
8. My beautiful neighbor
9. Cleaning his room
10. Locked in a room
11. Droping her home
12. Saying the apologies-I
13. Saying apologies-ll
14. Temple
15. Farewell party- 1
16. Farewell Party-2
17. Sharing his thoughts
18. My brother
19. My family
20. Siddhath-Preeti
21. Misunderstandings
22. Diwali
23. The slap of my beautiful sins
24. Aftermath
25. The last letter
26. The broken mug
27. The broken bridge-1
28. The broken bridge 2
29. Hallucinations
30. The latter-The earing
31. The seminar
32. The tissue paper
33. The Signature
34. First day at his office
35. Friends
36. The mud sandwich
37. The childhood friend
38. The rain
39. Under the candle light
40. The tie
41. The savior
42. The war
43. Missing him
44. The shining star
45. The painful love confession
46. His house
47. Raghav's house
48. My sleeping neighbour
50. The softness of his lips
51. The family dinner
52. The Birthday
53. The painful goodbye
54. His old friend
55. Her first letter
56. The Phone call
57. The old neighbourhood
58. Taking a step ahead
59. The unwanted kiss
60. The heavy rain
61. Furious Dhruv
62. His fiancee
63. Sacrifices
64. Blessings
65. The untold emotions
66. My brother
67. Bestfriends
68. Moving on
69. The painful periods
70. Under the shower
71. Bhabhi
72. The Psychiatrist
73. Dinner under the moon
74. lecture on sex
75. In the pool
76. Delhi...
77. Saharanpur
78. The Old School
79. The forgotten day
80. The girl's sleepover
81. The naughty husband
82. Riots
83. My safe heaven
84. Ignoring me
85. Betrayal of the family
86. Untold emotions
87. The Love we feel
88. The unlock door
89. Father's scolding
90. Romance in office
91. Night is not enough
92. The 6000 stroy.
93. The misery of her life
94. The deal
95. The beautiful night turns into nightmare
96. The last goodbye
97. The middle child
98. Missing her
99. His memories
100. The days without him
101. The harsh reality of my life
102. The end of the story
103. My own house
104. My so called parents
105. Date night
106. The engagement
107. The wedding preparations
108. Family reunion
109. The window
110. The wedding
111. The wedding night
112. Moving to our peradise
113. Intruder
114. Fights
115. Mussoorie
116. Vadh

49. Meeting his family

7.6K 700 166
Av shiprasaini1

Aditi's point of view

I frown in my sleep and turn to other side when sun rays was disturbing me. Today kitchen floor look more comfortable and soft like I am lying on bed. I have the best sleep last night and after so long I have my cuddling pillow with me. I like cuddles while sleeping but in past years I don't have pillow to put under my head then forget about the cuddling pillow but last night it feels like I have my cuddle pillow with me again.

I wish I could have such sleep more often.

I open my eyes when I didn't sleep again but when I open my eyes I saw a different ceiling. I confused but then I sit up immediately when I found myself in different surroundings, not surroundings but I am in different room and lying on someone's bed.

Anxiety crawling inside me. I feels my heart beats getting fast. Sweat started forming on my forehead and I feel short of breath. I didn't remember anything from yesterday. I don't know how I get here. Last I remember was sleeping in office on my desk after that I don't remember a thing.

"Good morning.." I looked in front of me and there was Dhruv was standing, folding his arms wearing his t-shirt and blue jeans looking all handsome with his messy hair.

I sighed in relief when I realised, I am in Dhruv's room. My heart starts beat again faster but not because of fear but because of my handsome neighbour who was flashing his charming smile towards me.

He put a breakfast tray in front of me and set on the bad on the other side of the tray exactly in front of me.

I looked at the breakfast, there was a cup of coffee, a slice of bread slice and smile was made with red jam and there was a note beside which has a sorry written on it.

I looked at him and he was looking at me with hope. There was a guilt in his eyes and he was regretting what he said to me.

"Aditi, I am sorry. I don't deserve your forgiveness but still I want to apologise what I said to you the other day. You are the best thing happen to me in these past years and I don't want to loose you." He looked guilty. His eyes are saying truth and I am not made of hard stone. I could not get angry on him for long time especially when he is apologizing and looking so damn cute.

I could not help but a smile formed on my lips. I took the bread slice and eat it while smiling but looking down so he could not see my smile.

He put his hand under my chin and lifted lit making me look at him.

"Does this smile means, you forgive me?" He asked and I nodded my head as yes shyly.

A huge grin came onto his face and to my shock he took me in a tight hug. Because of his weight I fell on the bed and he fell above me. I got shock because of our position. He hugged me before but this is the first time I am lying under him, maybe second time but that time I was angry on him.

I giggled when he suddenly turn me around I was lying now on him. Our laugh echoes in whole room.

"Dhruv...." Again I giggled when he turn us over on the bed, now I am lying under him. I don't know what got into him but he looks in a good mood today.

He broke the hug and tuck the loose strand behind my ear which makes my cheeks red and eyelids bend down in shyness, smile did not leave my face. His left elbow was beside my head holding his weight while he was caressing my cheeks lovingly with his another hand.

"You look beautiful when you smile." I lifted my eyebrows when he whispered while tucking a loose strand behind my ear which makes my cheeks turn into red.

"I like when your cheeks turn red because of me not because of sun." He caressed my cheeks lovingly while looking at me intendedly. I was little shock to know that he knows the reason of my red cheeks is him not sun but I choose to keep quiet.

"I am glad I found you. Thankyou for forgiving me my beautiful neighbour." He leaned down and I closed my eyes when he kissed me on my forehead, feeling him through the kiss.

"Why did you name me your beautiful neighbour?" I asked.

"Because you are. The most beautiful girl in the world." Tears welled up in my eyes hearing this from him.

"This girl is not perfect." I said with my heavy, emotional voice.

"I am not perfect too." He whispered back. His eyes were glistening with emotions.

"What if this girl has the tainted soul?" I asked him and tears brimmed out from my eyes.

"Then I will hold this tainted soul in my arms and never let it go until she forget all her pain because this tainted soul have the most beautiful heart." He wiped my tears and I hugged him.

He again turned us so he could hug me tightly, now I was lying on him and he is under me holding me tightly. I hugged him tightly forgetting all my pain for sometime do could be with him with my whole heart. I don't know what future hold for us but I want to live this moment with him. I broke the hug but still lying over him because he was still holding me. Some of hair strands come on my face and again he tuck them behind my ear.

"Car will be here by 9:00. You shower, I'll order something for breakfast for both of us." He said while caressing my cheeks.

"Don't order. You shower first till I make breakfast for both of us." I said while getting out from his hold earning a frustrated groan from him. I sit straight on the bed and step down from the bed with breakfast tray.

"Okay..." He also step down from the bed and then went to washroom after kissing me on my cheeks.

******

A whole week passed and before I could know it's already Sunday. My so called family still not return from their trip and I don't know where they went. This is not the first time they go on a trip without telling me, they did this before. Even I know they sometimes went to meet My family, Atul bhiya and my parents. I don't know how they are and where they live I just know that Atul bhiya married last year and my bua ji's family went to attend his wedding.

I never insisted my bua ji to bring me with them because I hate my family. I know all these because Ahana keep talking about things about Atul bhiya's wedding to make me jealous but truly I didn't feel anything. I was dead to them already 8 years ago. I used to feel hurt initially but slowly I got to used to it and accept the reality of my life.

These past week was very busy for me and Dhruv. As my internship already left for few weeks so Dhruv giving me so much work so I could get as much as knowledge I want. Being a Distinct Magistrate he was also busy that we barely get time to speak. Though Raghav gave his visits to me and Dhruv and sometime drop me to my house. Today us Sunday so I was t working on Dhruv gift and studying for my next scholarship exam since morning.

My uncle never leave a single scholarship form which were announced by the government or any institute so he could get all the money which I earned with all my had work and sleepless nights. The wheat flour, which my aunt leave for me was already finished last week, if it's not Dhruv I may die with hunger. No matter how busy he was he never forget to taking care of my small things.

It's evening, I finished all my house chores and was working on Dhruv's birthday gift when door bell rang. I hurriedly out the gift in my rack in kitchen and then went to open the door.

I was shock of seeing Dhruv on the other side of the door. He smiles at me and gestured me to open the iron door. I hurriedly went to open the door.

"Dhruv...What are you doing here?" I pulled him inside the house and looked here and there to see if someone saw him here standing at the door. I sighed in relief when I found no one and closed the door.

"Thankyou very much for the sweet welcome." Sarcasm was dripping from his voice when he gave me the tight smile showing me that he is not happy of my question

"Are you planning to kill me? What if someone saw you outside?" I asked while holding his hand and drag him inside the house.

"No one was there. I already checked." He said. I leave his hand and he settled himself on the couch. I folded my both arms on my chest and looked at him sternly, I saw him fisted his right hand and gulping down his saliva. His adam apple moves and for a second I found myself in this sexy man sitting in front of me. But I have no time for this.

"Why do you come here?" I asked. Because mostly he came at night and that to be jumping the backyard wall.

"I came here to take you with me." He said with smile.

"Where...?" I asked in confusion.

"You will know."

*****

Dhruv stopped the car in front of a house. It wasn't a big house but it wasn't small either. Dhruv honked and a guard run to the main gate and open it for us. Dhruv derived inside the driveway and then stopped the car when we reached the main entrance of the house.

"Where are we? Whose house is this?" I asked while looking outside the window to the house and then turned to look at him.

"Mine..." He said while unbuckling his seat belt but I was sit there being numb after hearing his words. A fear crawled inside my chest and the Diwali night started playing in my mind.

That night ruin everything. My relations with his family. That night I lost my best friend. I still remember Divya's last words to me. She didn't want to see me ever in her life. Dhruv fainted just because of me. My family raised their fingers on his character just because of me. It's all because of me his family had to leave Saharanpur forever.

"Aditi, You okay?" I came out from my thoughts and looked at Dhruv who was looking at me confusingly.

"I can't...." I finally looked at him. His expressions changed from confused to concern. He took my right hand from my lap, hold my hand and put it on his lap.

"I know what you are thinking and what you are worried for but it's been eight years, things changed. I am sure everyone will be happy to see you, especially Divya. She hasn't seen her best friend from eight years I am sure she was missing you in these years." He assured me but there is a feeling inside me that everything would happen opposite what he is saying. He doesn't know what Divya said to me before leaving the Saharanpur. He doesn't know why Divya stopped talking to me.

"Trust me everything will be going to fine." He leaned and tuck a loose strand behind my ear and I looked at him where I saw a assurance that he would not let anything happen to me.

I nodded my head as yes. He smiles and kissed at the back of my hand. He stepped out from car, walked around it and before I could reach the doors lock he opened the door for me and stood there forwarding his hand for me to hold it. I hold his hand and got out from car. We both walked through the main door of house and as we entered inside the house a large hall of sitting area welcomed us. This house might not be mansion, bungalow or villa but this house is bugger than average house and don't ask me about the interior, it was beautiful and warm. It gives the feeling of home.

"You have the beautiful house." I said while looking around, adoring the beauty if the house and then him.

"It's not mine. It's Nikhil's house. He built it. He lives here with rest of our family." He has a smile on his face but it wasn't reaching in his eyes.

It was like he was hiding something. He also knows how to hide your pain behind your smile. Sometimes I thought I wasn't alone who was suffering and fighting against with my demons, Dhruv also fighting with his demons from years. He always talked about my pain but what about his. He nothing said about his pain. When I asked him one day he did tell me that he will tell me everything one day and I will wait patiently for that day when he share his pain with me

I looked at our hand they are still joining. Before I used to get nervous of talking to him and he always ignore me like I didn't matter but now we both are standing in his house, holding each other's hands maybe not as a couple but it is enough for me that he is with me.

"Reyansh.." A two year old toddler was running in the hall run to us, and a woman in her late twenties, which I guess was his mother was running behind him. I immediately leave Dhruv's hand earning a confusing look from him. He was about to hold my hand again when...

"Chachu..." The toddler run towards us, screaming Dhruv's as chachu and his mother followed him from behind. Dhruv leaned down and lifted him in his arms.

"How are you buddy?" Dhruv asked him and he giggled.

"Chachi.." Toddler pointed towards me and looked at Dhruv.

Dhruv and I both left shock. Our gaze met and we both found ourselves lost in each other. Yes, there was a time when I want to marry Dhruv but now I don't want to marry him because I don't want him to marry that girl who is weak and abandoned by her family. Moreover I don't deserve him. I want Dhruv to marry the girl who is strong and she is something in her life. I don't match his standards but I know one thing, no one gonna love him like I do to him.

"Reayansh...She is not your chachi." Our gaze broke when his mother came and took the baby from Dhruv's hands.

"I am sorry, he called every girl chachi who came." She apologized to me but she doesn't have to because she doesn't know how good it sounds, hearing chachi from the toddler.

"It's okay." I whispered and gave her small smile.

"Bhabhi this Aditi, my friend. Aditi this is Nikita bhabhi, Nikhil's bhiya wife." Dhruv introduced both of us. I joint my both hands as namestay and greeted her she also gestured while accepting my greetings.

"Please come inside I'll inform everyone about your arrival." Nikita bhabhi invited us inside.

"Tripathi...." A squealed was heard by the familiar voice and Divya run to me with a wide smile on her face.

My lips also curled into a wide smile seeing Divya running towards me. I know I hate my surname but I can endure it for my best friend. Dhruv also have a soft smile on his face while Nikita bhabhi has a confusing expressions. I spread my both arms waiting for her to take me in a hug, she also spread her arms to hug me but before she could hug me, she stopped suddenly and a huge smile was wiped off from her face in a second like it was never on her face.

"I am sorry I remember something I have to go." She said curtly and turn to leave but Dhruv stopped her.

"Atleast meet Aditi first. I am sure your work can wait. You both are best friends." Dhruv said.

She turned and looked at me with same hate she did when I talked to her last time. She looked at Dhruv and "We were bhiya. Things changed now and I don't have a extra time to waste. I have a project to complete."

After saying this she leaves. Tears welled up in my eyes seeing her hate towards me. I know what my family said to her, I don't deserve her friendship but I don't know at the some corner of my heart I was hopping that she may forget the past and accept me as her best friend.

"Ignore her she might be on her periods. She will be fine in few minutes." Dhruv assured me but I know the reality.

I gave him a small smile and controls my tears, falling them from my eyes. We both entered inside the hall and Dhruv asked me to sit on the couch beside him while Nikita bhabhi went upstairs to call everyone with Reayansh and asked servant to gave us water.

After sometime Gautam Uncle and Anuradha aunty joined us. They both look same but looks older than I saw them last time.

First I greeted Anuradha aunty but she ignored me and sit on the couch. She looks cold not just towards me but Dhruv too. After that I greeted Gautam uncle who took me in a warm hug.

"Oh! dear it's been so long I saw you last time. You were so young but now you turned into a beautiful woman." He put a fatherly hand on my head and I feel the love, a daughter expected from her father which I never know how it feels.

"Yeah...and she became thin too." Nikhil bhiya said while joining us and took me in a hug. We sattled on couch and Dhruv sit beside me. Anuradha aunty noticed it and eyed the closeness between us. I understand her point and make my distance from Dhruv which was busy scrolling his phone.

"We don't know that you also live in Lucknow. How's Bhawana and Mahesh ji. What is Atul doing? I am sure he must doing a great in his career as he was a bright future. " Gautam uncle asked and I flet the heaviness in my heart. I looked at Dhruv who was already looking at me with concern because in this hall he is the only one who knows that I am abandoned by my family and I don't know what they are doing right now.

"They all are good papa." He answered for me and helped to escape from this question.

"Oh! You already met them. I would love to meet them. We should invite them for Dinner." Gautam uncle said with excitement. Gautam uncle is also like Dhruv, no matter how bad someone did to him but he always being humble and kind to everyone.

"Gautam ji before inviting someone to dinner I think you should discuss with me." I got the point what Anuradha aunty wants to say.

She is not liking my presence here. Dhrv, Nikhil Bhiya and I, we all three can sense the tension in the air. Dhruv was looking at me while Nikhil bhiya was looking both of us.

"I get it Anuradha but I can not let leave Aditi without having dinner." Gautam uncle said.

"No uncle I am fine." I refused.

"No Aditi you came to our house first time. Stay till dinner." Nikhil bhiya insisted.

"Please have dinner with this old man." Gautam uncle also insisted.

"Please stay..." I looked at my right when Dhruv whispered in my ear and our eyes again locked with each other.

".....for me." He completed the sentence after taking a small pause. He looked at me with hope and different kind of emotions. I can do anything when his eyes filled with emotions because his emotions are almost naked when he looked at me like this.

"okay...." I said looking at him with love.

"That's great." Gautam uncle said with excitement bringing out me and Dhruv from our world.

"Do whatever you all want to do. I don't care. Dhruv, Nikhil come to my room I want to talk to you." After saying this Anuradha aunty got up and walked towards her room. Nikhil bhiya also got up and followed her from behind. Gautam uncle got the call from his old friend so he got busy talking to his friends and went out from the house. Nikita bhabhi also leave and went to kitchen to prepare for dinner.

"I have to go. But if you need anything come tell anyone to take you to Mummy's room, I'll be there." He said with same concern and caressed my cheek lovingly.

"It's okay. I'll be fine. I think I am going to help bhabhi in kitchen. " I assure him.

"Okay, walk straight and then took right. You'll find the kitchen at the end. I'll join you in a minute." He leaned and gave me a forehead kiss. He got up and then leave to aunt's room. I did not take my eyes off from him till he get vanished from my eyesight.

******

I came to the kitchen, Nikita bhabhi was preparing food with the help of maid. She has the dusky skin, long hair and looking so beautiful in Saree.

"May I help you bhabhi?" She turned to me when I asked. She smiled and shake her head as no.

"It's almost done." She said while stirring the curry with spatula. After stirring for sometime she covered the cooker with lid and took, cucumber, Tomato for salad.

"Let me do this at least." I insisted, She smiled and forward the knife towards me. I took knife from her and started cutting vegetables for salad.

"So you know my in-laws? You seems old friend of Dhruv." Nikita bhabhi asked me. I nodded my head still looking down, cutting the salad. Because I was not his friend, he never noticed me in our childhood. I used to friend with Divya who now could not stand my presence in the same room. it hurts how people change and it hurts more when you know you were the reason behind everything.

"We were neighbours in Saharanpur." I said without looking at her.

"Sometimes I get so busy in work that I don't give a proper attention to Reayansh. I love my work but I love my son too, so I decided to take a little break from work. By the way what are you doing in academics?" She asked me.

"I am doing bachelor of Arts. I am in last year of my graduation." I answered.

"That's great, what do you want become in future. Are you going to apply for the government jobs or you have other plans." She asked.

I don't have any answer of her question. Only one thing in my mind since I started my college. I am going to run away from that hell very far that no one could find me not even my shadow, if I would survive till then.

"I don't know..." I said more to myself absent mindly.

"Pardon...." Nikita bhabhi bring me back to the reality.

"I mean, I don't decide anything till now." I cleared to her and she smiled.

"It's okay but you should decide soon as it's your last year of college." She said.

"I will..."

"It's strange, Dhruv never makes friends, especially girls. You are the first girl he bring home." I looked at bhabhi when I get the new information.

"He must wanted me to meet uncle Aunty." I said and again continue to cut salad.

"Hmm..maybe you are right. Otherwise Dhruv and girls they both don't fit in one sentence. The who will be his wife, must work hard to get his attention." She laughed and I feel something pin to my heart maybe jealousy but I could not ignore the fact that he has to marry one day with some other girl. I gave her sad smile and continue my work.

"He is always like this." I whispered to myself.

"Thanks to you at least he came here otherwise what happened last month, Nikhil and I both think that he will never come here." I looked at Nikita bhabhi when she said that.

"Why..?" I asked.

"He had a huge fight with Nikhil. Even Mom slaps him in front of everyone." Bhabhi said.

"Why he had a fight with Nikhil bhiya?" I asked her.

"Because Nikhil and mom fixed his eng....."

"Bhabhi...." Before Nikita bhabhi complete her sentence she was interrupted. We both turn to th kitchen door and my eyelids automatically bent down when I saw Dhruv was standing at the door leaning to the doorjamb folding his both hands on his chest.

"Yes, devar ji..." Nikita bhabhi tease him.

"Can I take Aditi for sometime? I want to show her something." He said while standing straight and put his both hands inside his jeans pocket.

"Yes, of course. She is your friend, show her whatever you want. I just go and check Reayansh." She switched off the gas and then walked out from the kitchen. I still stood there bending my eyelids down.

"May I....?" I lifted my eyelids, looked at him and then his forwarding hand towards me. I put my hand on his and he hold it immediately. He smiles which brings red blush to my cheeks.

We both came out from the kitchen and walked towards the stairs.

"What do you want me show?" I asked in curiosity.

"My room." He said with smile. I lifted my both eyebrows and asked with teasing smile, "Do I have to clean it also?"

He chuckled and shake his head as no.

"No...."

......................................................................

I hope you like the chapter.

Today I don't have much to say.

I don't want to promise anything about the updates because I always write chapter when I got time. I know my commitments towards my readers, I am at this position all because of you so next time I will try to update early but I can not promise anything.

Please do votes and long comments. I will try to reply all of your question.

I'll see you guys in next update.

Thank you....

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

159K 7.3K 34
He was sitting on bed in front of me in white shirwani. The look of utter adoration and devotion was completely visible in his ocean blue eyes. So mu...
1M 42.7K 43
"What did you say?", he asked with quite surprise and amusement in his tone. "I love you aadi",i said feebly and weakly. "WHAT!!!",this time he nearl...
15.4K 782 33
"...Don't show that you cared about my happiness, when you actually didn't. I doubt if you ever truly did care." I whispered the last part menacingly...
234K 10.8K 67
Two people came together and became one. They started their life with some Promises, which make their life a beautiful journey. They are two differen...