The Smirking Jerk (Blake's PO...

By DarknessAndLight

"I'm in love with you." How many times would I have to think about this, how many times, before she could hea... More

The Smirking Jerk
The Smirking Jerk (2)
The Smirking Jerk (3)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Blake VS Kendall
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Little Bitch (Smirking Jerk Book 2)

Chapter 68

28K 1.7K 2.5K
By DarknessAndLight

Chapter 68

This was a moment. We were having a moment right now.

Lexi's hand was on my chest, and I could feel her gaze on me and somehow, I had this wandering thought that if I opened my eyes and told her I loved her she wouldn't push me off the bunk bed.

A few days ago, I had thought something was obviously wrong between us, and now I almost hopeful about being honest with her about my feelings.

This girl really did a number on my rationality.

"Would you two shut up? I'm trying to sleep here," one of Lexi's roommates asked loudly sounding quite annoyed.

I muffled my laugh, while Lexi pressed a hand to her mouth to stop herself from laughing out loud.

The hand on my chest didn't move.

Was I obsessing over the hand on my chest? Yes, yes, I absolutely was.

WHO WOULDN'T?

Lexi Grayson was kinda acting like she liked me, and what would be the point in acting like this for her, if it wasn't because it was maybe slightly true? She was so close and she was so pretty and this was really torture, but in the best kind of way.

"I'm sleeping now," I mouthed to her to not get scowled again.

She smiled back. My heart was beating too fast.

My whole body felt warm.

Lexi just nodded beside me, the smile still on her lips but turned her head away from me, staring at the ceiling.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, because that was what I actually needed to do right now. If I wanted to be coherent. This was really not the time for me to ruin my chances with Lexi because I'd say something idiotic while being sleep deprived.

Still, I couldn't sleep. Because even if her presence was often soothing it was also always intoxicating. And we were so close. So so close.

I dozed off a little. I was half dreaming, replaying the conversation we just had now, but not enough to say I actually slept.

I was still hyperaware that the love of my life was lying right next to me in the tiny bunk bed.

After a little while, her room started to get crowded again. I heard Stacey's distinctive voice and hid under Lexi's blanket, making her shake with silent laughter.

People were making comments. There was a boy in Lexi's bed.

Oh, the horror.

"We should probably get out of bed," Lexi whispered beside me.

My eyes were still closed.

I could let my imagination run wild for half a second. For half a second, Lexi was my girlfriend and this was just standard procedure. I'd sleep in all the time with her in my bed. And my Pumpkin would be the one waking me up every morning.

The half second passed.

"Noooooo," I whined, and grabbed Lexi's blanket, hiding my head under it again.

"Stop acting like a child, we should go eat something," she chuckled, trying to pull the blanket off of me.

"I'd be a lot more cooperative with a kiss," I replied, puckering my lips towards her teasingly.

She leaned in closer, and then whispered, "pushing you off this bunk in five, four, three..."

I laughed at her countdown, and reluctantly crawled out of Lexi's bed.

She followed me out, and then dragged me with her to get something to eat and coffee.

As always, Lexi's little bitch was just following her orders.

Once we got downstairs, Lexi pointed out that Alex had made enough eggs to feed everyone, so she made us toasts too, to go along with that.

"I can make toasts," I tried to defend myself.

"I've been warned. I don't trust you. I can put you in charge of coffee though. I don't think you can make that much of a mess while making it," she said, taking my hand and dragging me once again, this time to the coffee machine.

I smiled, following her around, but when came the time to actually make the coffee, I just leaned my arms on the counter and rested my head on it, just wanting to listen to Lexi's voice.

"Blaaaake," Lexi whined, shaking my shoulder.

"Yes, say my name," I mumbled against my arms.

Lexi shoved me a little with her elbow. "Little bitch, I'm trying to show you what to do here."

"Yes, talk dirty to me," I replied automatically.

"You're hopeless," she replied, her voice amused, making me chuckled too.

Lexi gave up trying to show me anything, which meant she would have to keep on taking care of me for the duration of this trip, which meant Lexi would have to spent time with me.

I grinned alone at that thought.

Finally, when she was done, she dragged me to the tables and we sat down to eat with some of the guys.

"So where were you yesterday?" Alex suddenly asked her.

I was kind of glad Alexander was asking her this because I hadn't. I was curious too, since I hadn't seen her yesterday evening, but wanted to give her her space too. She didn't owe me some kind of report about what she was doing and who she was hanging out with.

But also, I was pretty sure she'd been sulking, so this was slightly amusing to me.

She thought something had happened between me and Emily or me and Daphnee.

That was absolutely hilarious. In what world...?

I guessed Lexi saw my amused smirk because she kicked my leg under the table.

"I was skinning a dead deer," she mumbled and shoved eggs in her mouth.

I kicked her leg back, just because I enjoyed antagonizing my Pumpkin a little too much.

She glared at me after kind of choking on her food, and I hid my laugh behind my cup of coffee.

"Anyway, what are you guys up to, today?" Lexi said, since the guys were still looking at her, apparently waiting for an answer.

And since our friends were as easily distracted as she was, that got everyone into heated arguments.

Lexi gave a satisfied little grin at their reaction and started to eat again.

I just leaned my cheek on my hand and ate too, just staring at Lexi shamelessly.

No one was saying anything.

And I liked my Pumpkin in the morning, with her unruly hair and hoodie. She looked homey.

I wanted to grab her hand and keep it in mine. I wanted to run a hand through her hair, tucking a strand behind her ear.

I wanted to lean my head against her shoulder and just rest there, breathing her scent in.

I wanted to wrap and arm around her shoulders and tuck her against my side.

I wanted too many things when it came to Lexi Grayson.

Instead I just got a slap behind the head for being a smartass.

Maybe I enjoyed her manhandling a little too much because it had been the only contact I had with her to begin with.

She used to almost only ever touch me to hurt me.

Something else to talk about with Dr Boseman.

Most of the guys left at that point since Daphnee had offered sexual favors for food.

With her it was never really clear if she was serious or not. I'd have to tell on her to Josh.

I doubted he would mind though. He'd probably encourage it.

God, these two would really be chaotic together.

And now Lexi suddenly wanted to know why I wasn't running after food like the other guys.

Had she completely ignored everything I'd been telling her lately? Did she have short term memory loss?

"I don't like sharing," I just told her, before Daphnee left to hunt for food on her own now that all the guys were running around like headless chickens.

"You share your food with me sometimes," Lexi replied.

Oh to be my sweet and unobservant Pumpkin. Did she really think I had interest in any other girl but her?

It was so obvious to everyone else. Why wasn't it to her? "You're the exception that proves the rule," I replied.

Lexi just rolled her eyes at me. "I bet twenty bucks you don't even understand what that means."

I laughed. She wasn't completely wrong. "Not fully, no," because yeah, that math thing didn't really make sense. How could something that didn't follow the rule prove the rule. Like if I was allergic to shellfish but ate shrimps and didn't die, how would this prove I was actually allergic? This made no sense to me.

I poke Lexi in the ribs softly. "Stop being a smartass," I told her while she was looking at me with a small smirk.

She grabbed my hand before I could take it away and dragged me closer to her, trying to grab my head in a deadlock. "Oh? I'm being a smartass now?" she said, while I just laughed, not really fighting her off. Anything to have her arms around me really.

Cameron was a party pooper though. "Seriously, will you two just get it on somewhere else than in my face?"

I'd love nothing more than that Cameron. NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.

Lexi let go of me and said, "want to talk about what's really bothering you Cameron? Mister Sensibility."

He glared at her. "It's not because you're a girl that I'm going to restrain myself from kicking your butt, you are aware of that right?"

"Blake will beat you up for me!"

I nodded automatically, being a good little bitch.

Cameron snorted. "I could take him down."

In his dreams. For Lexi? He would be going down. "I doubt it," I told him, laughing.

"I have an evil twin that will help me," Cameron added like that could make a difference.

"What am I supposed to help you with?" Trevor said, suddenly appearing.

"Beat up Blake to go kick Lexi's butt," his brother explained.

Trevor automatically laughed, not on board. "You on your own Doctor Evil."

"Oh yeah?" Cameron asked, getting all worked up as he got up.

"Yup!" Trevor grinned back which was enough for them to start brawling.

Lexi laughed at them, and went back to her food. "So anyway, what are we doing?" she asked Alex.

"Well it's still raining a bit so the whole Peter and Justin wanted to go on the lake with the canoes, is moot and I'd rather do something else," he replied.

"Like what? Watch the fire take in our camp?" I asked with a snort, finishing off my eggs.

I could bet my left kidney that what Alex wanted to do was find a spot with good cell reception so he could text his secret girlfriend.

I wasn't about to encourage that.

"Got a better idea?" Alex replied, leaning back in his chair, like he was trying to make himself seem important.

Seriously, what had Lexi seen in him?

"Oh yes, how about we just all stand by a window and look out mournfully at the rain falling as we wait for our sailor boyfriends to come back to us and make honest women out of us?" I replied, thinking about a very Brontë kind of scene reenactment. "Seriously when has raining ever been a problem?" I added.

"Since his cell phone doesn't like getting wet," Lexi replied, snorting behind her cup of coffee.

Oh. She knew? Wait? Did she know, know? Was she just guessing or had Alex been honest with her?

"Alex, you're a wuss," I just told Lexi's ex and then looking at the twins still fighting, "Tweedledee and Tweedledum, you game to go outside?"

They stopped and Trevor said with a shrug, "Sure, let's go walk in the trails... we could find insects to put in Clark's bed."

"Sounds good to me, apart from the insect bit. Don't want to drag any inside the camp," I replied, and took one last gulp of coffee and got up. "Alright who's coming?"

Lexi rolled her eyes at me. "Innuendo," she mumbled.

I smirked. I hadn't done it on purpose, but I was glad my Pumpkin was picking up on them as easily as I was now. "Always."

"Well, I'll... accompany you guys," Lexi replied very carefully making me laugh.

Honestly, I deserved a medal for not wrapping her in my arms.

How adorable.

My naughty little Pumpkin. 

__________________

Happy Monday my little Pumpkins!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. The most fun writing them is adding the parts that weren't there in th original story. I changed a couple of things to, small details that were slightly problematic. Hopefully you enjoyed the chapter. :D

I only work one day this week! ONE DAY! I work on Tuesday and I'm off otherwise. You don't see it , but I'm happy dancing right now. HAPPY DANCING. I'll be going back home for the Holidays, but I should have time to write while I'm there. And rest. Like potentially sleep for 24 hours. 

In other news I'll try to do a livestream soon. We've joked in other lives, about me doing the livestream tipsy while ready the smutty Adventures chapter. I could potentially do that. XD We'll see.

Anyway, back to writing! Have a nice week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
1.9K 85 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
10.9K 344 13
"WHAT DID YOU TELL HIM! WHATS THE ONE THING YOU COULDNT TELL ME ALL THESE YEARS OF BEING BESTFRIENDS LILY!" He shouted and I couldn't help but blurt...
717 68 28
"You may feel disgusted by me, Lillian. But remember. I'm your fucking fiancé. Not him". The minute he said those words , the whole world tuned out...