Bucky Barnes X Y/n: I hate yo...

By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

Her hands were scarred of murder, her eyes, dull and glassy as she loses her luster and her soul longing for... More

Author's Note
Avengers Compound Visuals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
κ§ΰΌΊπ“—π‘œπ“‚π‘’ π’±π’Ύπ“ˆπ“Šπ’Άπ“π“ˆΰΌ»κ§‚

Chapter 17

1.2K 22 21
By Y3llow_8utt3rfly

After two weeks of getting everything done and giving Vivian a proper send off, I had to sit in the meeting room with a lawyer that Vivian had hired to which, in the events of her death, the lawyer would take off the final steps and I had to sit there, listening, and trying to keep myself together.

'Y/n, do you understand', Coulson says as I sigh and then nod, I just wanted to get this thing over and done with, I honestly cannot be bothered, I just wanted to get some stuff off of my mind and this constant reminder isn't doing it for me, 'are we done now', I asked.

'Yes', the lawyer simply answered whilst pushing his brief case close and I stand up to leave, 'you only have a week to clear out her room Agent Y/n, or else the nurses will take over and pack it all up', he says as I stare back at him, 'touch anything, and I burn everything down', I said.

'We'll handle it Henry', Coulson quickly adds and shakes his hand.

When he left, I heard Coulson sigh, 'Y/n, there's something called being nice', he says.

'It was a warning', I stated and grabbed my jacket, 'am I allowed to leave now', I asked and when he nods and I'm ready to take that as my queue to leave, I heard a familiar voice and looked at him shocked, 'Agent Coulson, I'm really sorry I'm late', Spencer says, running in whilst he took in heavy breaths, '...I needed to give a mission report', he adds and when Coulson doesn't respond, I do, 'what the hell is going on', I ask, I already had a pretty good idea, but I still wanted to hear it, 'Y/n, this is Agent twenty seven', Coulson says, 'Spencer Jackson', he adds and now I'm even more angry, 'are you fucking kidding me', I said, 'so while you left me alone, you thought it'd be a great idea to send an agent to do what exactly, spy on me', I almost yell at the both of them.

'It wasn't like that', Coulson says and I'm scoffing, 'the hell it wasn't', I begin when he interrupts, 'it wasn't, he was there for your protection, to keep an eye on you to...', he begins but I'm interrupting this time, 'to give you the mission report on how well I fucking behaved', I said, and I could feel my nails dig into my palms, I was so fucking mad, the lies, the deceit, I thought he was just someone I chose to hate because I didn't want to allow him to wedge himself inside my heart and break down the walls, but now they're as hard as ever, and I won't allow anyone to do that to me now.

'There was no mission report', Spencer tells me and this time I look at him, 'don't talk to me, you've lost the right to', I said and then I'm storming out and slamming the door behind me.

*Coulson POV*

'I'll talk to her', I tell him and he shakes his head, 'No, it's my mess, and I'll talk to her', he tells me, 'let me know what the lawyer talked about later, I'll go catch up with her', he adds and I nod, she's mad right now, but I know Spencer is one of the people who can make her see reason, and calm her down, it was one of the reasons why Fury made him the one to be the top choice to connect with Y/n best, and they did, so I hope they can patch up their relationship, she needs more friends then anything else, so I can only hope he gets through to her.

'Do you know where she'll be heading', I ask him and he smiles, 'I know all her hiding spots, it won't be difficult', he says and then I nod and watch him walk out.

*End of POV*
________

'Go away', I sigh and warn him, it shouldn't be a surprise that he knows all my hiding spots, he always did know how to find me when I was upset or angry, so I should've really found somewhere better to get the privacy I wanted, 'I'm sorry, I should've told you', he says and then takes a seat beside me, where there's enough space between us, 'At first I couldn't', he began, 'I was supposed to build a relationship, get to see how you really acted when you weren't with any one who knew you and we'd believed a lie', he says.

'Then I met you, in the bookstore first, that was the accidental part because I wasn't supposed to see you until later and I had moved into the apartment next door to you', he says and I sigh to myself, I don't want to hear it, I wanted him to be different, someone I could go to when this whole shit show ended and I could start new, but that was never going to happen now, not with him anyway.

'I saw you talking to that little boy, he was excited to get his fire truck book but when I saw that you over heard his mom saying she couldn't afford it, you went out of your way and got it for him', he says and I try my best not to smile at the small memory, it really wasn't anything big, he was excited and when his mother couldn't afford it, I just casually brought it and slipped into her bag with the receipt when they weren't looking.

It's only when they we're at the end of the street that I saw the boys reaction, and it was the best that I had ever seen, the mother was in tears and it showed me that some good could come from it.

'You we're the rarest case I ever came across, you had compassion, and kindness in you that I'd never seen anyone from Hydra have before, and it intrigued me', he continues, 'you intrigued me and I fell in l...', he begins but I stop him, 'don't', I said and look at him.

'Don't finish it', I said and he gives me a sad smile and small nod, 'it'll get to complicated then', I add.

'I know', he says, because he more then anyone should know, agents like us, don't fall in love, not if you want to have a weakness that you want your enemies to exploit, in which I have many, 'I'm sorry', we're both saying in sync, me for crushing his feelings, him, I think because of not telling me he was an agent.

'I should've told you earlier', he states and I nod, 'yeah, you should have', I said, 'But I have my own secrets so I understand', I said, because I do, it's only the secrets that weigh our lives down anyway, so I should understand more than anything why he had to keep it from me.

'Do you still hate me', he asks.

'I'll always hate you', I said, and listen to his chuckle, 'more then you do right now', he rephrases and I shrug my shoulders, 'your a little less unbearable', I said, 'Like when I see your face I don't want to snuff you out with a pillow when your sleeping', I add and he laughs and nudges me with his shoulders, 'that's the way I like it', he teased and I roll my eyes, 'Vivian would have scolded you by now', he states and I'm reminded why I was sad in the first place, '...rolling your eyes was never her favourite', he says.

'Well at least its only you who can enjoy it now', I say and award him a rare smile which catches him off guard, 'wow, I'm honoured I got a smile', he jokes and I laugh to myself and shake my head, 'don't make me kick you off this cliff', I warned and he grins, 'and she's back', he says and then we fall into a comfortable silence whilst we both stare at each other.

'Maybe another lifetime', he muttered and I nod, 'maybe', I said and watch him smile, 'give me a call anytime you'd like, it's the same number', he states.

'Where will you be heading now', I ask, out of curiosity, 'Belgium', he answers, 'I have a new mission', he says and I catch myself nod, 'maybe when this is all over, I can join you', I said and he smiles and nods, 'I wouldn't be opposed to it', he says and then begins to stand up, 'how about one last doughnut', he says and holds a hand out to me, so I take it and allow him to help me up, 'my treat', he adds when our hands part and I walk beside him.

________

I was half way done packing when the team showed up and I look at them in equal parts of confusion and shock, honestly, after Vivian died, and the way I've been acting, I thought they were done with me and I totally understood because even I knew I was being a total bitch.

'We wanted to help', Vision being the first to break the silence and I gave them a silent nod, I didn't trust myself to speak so I just quietly kept to myself and made sure I didn't say anything stupid this time.

I'm trying to be more considerate, to be more patient but I think I need some time to learn that.

I accidentally collided my hand with someone else and when I looked up, it was Bucky, 'sorry', I muttered and went back to my side, 'it's fine', I hear him say.

________

I came in and handed a case off to Tony, 'the vibranium you asked for', I said as he took it and opened it, '...you need to melt it down, 5,475 degrees to be extract, it'll be exactly the heat of a forge but double the amount', I explained.

'Thanks, don't know how you know that, but thank you', he says as I nod and head out again.

The sound of buzzing lifted in the air and when I took it out and saw Fitz name, I picked up and held it to my ear, 'hi', I greeted.

'I was beginning to think you never charged your phone again', he implied as I shook my head, 'No, it's charged, I've just been busy', I said with a sigh, 'I know, you wanna meet for drinks', he says as I nod, 'yeah, text me an address and I'll be down', I instructed and after his reply I hung up.

________

For some reason, Steve and Bucky caught up with me, but I didn't mind the company, 'where are we going', Steve asked as I look over at him, 'meeting a friend', I said as he nods, and I see a text that he'd already arrived and brought drinks, so I texted back and told him to get more for Steve and Bucky and by the time we we're there, we each had our drinks.

'So...', he began as I look up at him, 'you said you got good at chess, wanna play', he says as I laugh to myself, 'I said I was learning, never said anything about being good yet', I said as he chuckled whilst the duo did too.

'Noted', he says as I take a sip of my drink, 'we're you in the neighbourhood or just got done with a mission', I asked and with a shrug of his shoulders he responds, 'a little of both', he says as I nod and take another sip.

'So, Vivian, who was she', he asked as I pear up at him and run my finger on the edge of the glass, '...why didn't you mention her', he questioned.

'It wasn't important', I shrugged and took another sip, I never told anyone of Vivian, Coulson only knew about her because the day he came to get me, she introduced and kept him occupied when I was out getting her mail and letters, so they got to know each other from there and I think from then on, he trusted me, or sometime after that, I don't know.

'Seems important', he added as I stare back at him and sigh, 'I'm not here to go down memory lane Fitz, I just don't want to talk about it', I said as he nods and quickly changes the topic onto something else.

'Here', he says, whilst sliding a paper sheet over to me and I take it, 'what is it', I asked.

'Open it', he replies whilst I begin to unfold the four flab's and see a drawing of me, I'm presuming, holding a little girls hand with a heart on the middle of us and I almost smile, knowing who it was from.

'Alya wanted me to give it to you', he says as I get out of my train of thought and look at him again, 'I like it, tell her I said thank you', I said as he chuckled whilst the duo did too.

'I find it an insult that she drew something and didn't give it to me first', he says as I look up from it, 'that's because she like me better then you', I said as he scoffed, 'yeah, you wish', he says as I laughed under my breath whilst his phone went off and took it out of his jacket pocket, 'looks like Coulson wants me back', he says.

'Another mission', I asked as he nods and puts it away, 'something like that', he says as I take the last sip of my drink, 'oh, did you hear from Collin recently', he says and this time I stop and look up at him.

'Did something happen', I asked as he shakes his head and I breathe again, and my pulse steadies to a steady rhythm.

Collin was a kid I rescued on my first mission with Coulson and the gang, he was special, unique and we formed a bond, after that I kept in touch but haven't done that since I got here, 'He just wondered off, his mom got worried and called us, but we found him in the end', he explained as I became relieved, he's already been through enough, I didn't want something else happening to him too, 'I'll go see him, I'm free right now anyway', I said whilst he nods a little, 'yeah, I think he'd like to see you there, besides, last time he asked about you anyway', he says.

________

I walked passed the white picket fence, across the lawn and up the steps to the house as I gave it a little knock and waited for someone to open it.

Just when I was about to give it another knock, it opened whilst I saw the same women as last time, petite, tall, blond, and ivory skin as a smile spread across her face, 'Y/n, I didn't know you we're coming by today', she says as I nod.

'Hmm, I thought I'd drop by, I haven't reached out in a while, so I thought I'd come by and check in', I said as she nods, opens the door wider and moves to the side, 'come in', she says as we did and closed the door behind us, 'Collin, you have a visitor', she called through the living room whilst we follow her in, 'He's been asking when you'd drop by', she says.

'Yeah, I moved teams so I never got a chance to come by, but a friend told me he'd wondered off and a kid in his condition shouldn't be doing that', I said as she nods, 'yeah, I think he likes giving me heart attacks', she says as I laughed under my breath again whilst hearing the duo behind me chuckle.

'Mom, did you say something', I heard his voice whilst he came in, clicking his tongue, 'yeah, I said, you have a visitor', she repeats as he walks over and I smiled a little, 'Hi Collin', I said as a smile spread across his face, 'Y/n', he says as I nod and stood infront of him, 'yeah, I thought I'd visit', I said whilst one of his hands came over to me, suddenly, and I stepped back a little as his hand stopped, 'sorry, I keep forgetting', he says as I look at his hand and allow my face to touch the tips of his fingers, 'It's fine', I said as he smiled.

'So, you moved to a new team huh', he says as I nod, 'Hmm, Coulson finally got rid of me', I said as he laughed whilst they did too, and he moved his hand back again.

'You want to tell me where you wondered off to then', I said.

'There was a new exhibition in the museum, the kids at school said they got to go in the rocket, and I wanted to go visit', he explained as I smiled a little, 'well, you don't go anywhere without your mom, a kid like you shouldn't be wondering off', I said as he nods.

'Okay, I'll make sure I tell her next time', he says as I smiled a little, 'so, did you get to go then', I asked as he happily nodded, 'it was so cool, the assistant there described everything to a T and it was amazing', he explained as I smiled again, if only he could see the world and be able to experience everything like we do, the thought ran across my mind.

'Anyway, are you staying', he asked as I shook my head, 'No, I just wanted to check in, so we'll probably get back soon', I said as his brows furrowed together, 'we', he questioned as I nod whilst moving away a little, 'Collin, this Steve and Bucky, Steve, Bucky, this is Collin', I introduced as he clicks his tongue again and walks over whilst they take a step to him, 'It's nice to meet you Collin', Steve says, putting out his hand whilst Collin's reaches up and touches his face, 'are you Captain America', he asked as they chuckled and nods, 'I am', he replied whilst Collin moved his hand away, 'cool', he says as they laughed again whilst Bucky let him touch his face, 'and I'm guessing your Sargent Barnes, Captain America's best friend', he says whilst they continued to laugh and he nods, 'I'm Bucky', he introduced whilst his hands move back again and nods, 'So, now that you met Steve and Bucky, which ones your favourite super hero', his mom asked as he smiled.

'Still Y/n', he says as they snickered again and I shook my head, 'I'm not a hero Collin, I've told you that and you really need to stop calling me that', I said whilst he smiled at me, 'and I choose to ignore you', he said as I became frustrated, fourteen year olds are annoying, the though ran across my mind.

________

After we said our goodbye, we headed back to the compound as I trailed off, 'I like him', she says as I nod, 'me too', I said as I sighed under my breath, I was doing so good, but now the voices are back again.

'How do you know him', Steve questioned as I look over at him, 'I saved him when I first did my mission with Coulson', I explained as he smiled whilst Bucky did too, 'how long has he been blind', Bucky questioned.

'All his life', I replied as he nods whilst Steve does to and I hear a ping again, what do people want from us now, the other part of me said as I looked at the screen whilst my hands froze still, Fuck.

'Arthur passed away', I said as they both stop and look at me, 'what', they questioned as I look back at them and stop in my track, 'Arthur's son texted, he said he just passed away', I said and then looked back at my phone, 'are you okay', Steve says as I nod, 'Hmm', I mumbled.

This wasn't good, from Vivian to Arthur, it was like the universe was trying to fuck me over and teach me a lesson.

________

We head back into the compound as I felt my knees wobble a little but maintained myself and headed up, 'did something happen', I heard Pietro's voice say as I walk up the steps, 'A friend just died', Steve voice chimes in and just like everything else, I zone out, we liked him, he was nice to us, she says as I nod, I know he was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 16.5K 33
'You are just a reminder of everything you did to me! I hate you!' He wanted to put everything in the past and heal, but she still hated him. Bucky B...
76K 2.1K 50
As a HYDRA experiment you can't seem to feel anything anymore until you meet the tall dark haired man he's sour at first but sweet comes eventually t...
41.9K 847 128
Michelle lost her entire family in a fire as a little girl. She then grew up in various homes for orphans. All her life she longs for the family that...
41.3K 1.2K 25
"Natasha, stop running." Bucky caught her wrist and forced her to look up at him. Her eyes were wild and frantic. "I can't." She pulled away. "Why no...