The Heart Specialist (A Medic...

shru_du tarafından

Forrest Arthur Lyte, or as he calls himself the heart specialist, had known whereabouts of everyone's heart... Daha Fazla

Prologue
1!
2!
3!
4!
5!
6!
7!
8!
9!
10!
11!
12!
13!
14!
15!
16!
17!
18!
19!
20!
21!
22!
23!
24!
25!
26!
27!
28!
29!
30!
31!
32!
33!
34!
35!
36!
37!
38!
39!
41!
42!
43!
Epilogue

40!

315 18 0
shru_du tarafından

Reva found the side of the bed empty tomorrow is the trial and Forrest was losing it. She decided to find him. She found him asleep on the armchair he installed in the nursery for her saying it was extra soft so it would be comfortable. He always cared for everyone around him. But now, he needs more and more help. She still needed to visit the girl's house the address being fake and the nurse being missing who had given her the address in the first place proves her theory right.

She placed a kiss on top of his head covering him. "I love you so much, my heart specialist." She said softly. The babies started to cry and he woke up. "Why are you up? I was taking care of them. I think they need to see me remember me. I don't know how long I would be gone. I don't know how old they will be when I return. The thing is impossible for me to get away from. I know, I have known it for a while now. And I don't think anything can ever be right again." She took his hand and placed it on her heart. "Yes, it will be. You need to believe in me. You need to believe in us."

She picked up her son and he picked her daughter up. "She is going to be a daddy's girl. See how she stopped crying?" Reva asked. "Yes, she is my little angel." He whispered as he saw her daughter smile. Then she saw the medical journal on the table. "Bedtime theory?" She asked making him smile. "Nothing else can put your daughter to sleep other than this." Reva smiled. "Come on let me feed them, I need your help." She said pulling him towards their room.

Christopher was waiting on Eros. He told no one about this meeting. Something very suspicious was going on. And the attack on them proved that. It was something uncalled for. "Hello Woodland, you calling me here must be something bad that happened to you that night. You haven't told your boss too that you are planning this secret meeting behind her back." He got irritated. "What is it with you, Ramon? You have learned to mock people in crisis or that is an inborn trait to harass people who ask for your help?"

He leaned back looking at Christopher. "No, it comes naturally when I see you Woodland." He told Christopher. "Seriously, where is the missus? She should have been here seeing Missus Forrest is taking care of that child who is throwing tantrums." That irritated him more. "Forrest is upset tomorrow is the trial and Reva had to be there with him. Now, are you coming with me or not? This can be very important in these trials." Eros sighed. "Sure mate, I would hate to see those two break apart. But answer me first why haven't you told her?"

"Pia doesn't know about the accident that happened. She doesn't know about the attack and I do not want to stress her. She had gone through some very bad things in her life. The last thing I want is for her to go through something like this again. She is already stressed about Forrest." Eros got up and paid the bill. "Very well then. Let's go and see this girl you are talking about maybe we can find out something that we don't know about" Christopher finally walked out to find the mystery that was bothering him.

He called his brother about the medical records. "Valentino, do you have any news?" He asked. "I have something. I think Miss Seth still needs to go through some more things before going through it all. And I think I will help her achieve it." I sighed. He likes her, why cannot he tell her directly. I mean what bad can happen? She will reject him at most? But somehow, he will understand what he needs to pursue her. But he isn't willing to try like always. Christopher is tired of his attitude now.

"Why have you taken us out of the back entrance and that too through the kitchen?" Christopher asked. "Because someone was following me. I like them to know, I am cleverer and have been in that business longer. So, here is our transport. We are not driving in that fancy car, neither are you. We will go in that not-so-unique car. And we will reach our destination." It was clever Christopher had to admit that. "So, what is the plan?" He asked him. "We will see when we get there." He drove the car towards its destination and as suspected no one had followed him. But out of the corner of his eyes, Christopher spotted someone as they drove away in front of the diner they were into. The blond-haired woman.

"Why does this car smells like an old lady?" Christopher asked as they neared the address. "Because it belonged to my grandmama. The only person in this world who had loved and cared for me." He told Christopher. "But how would you know that? How could you know anything when you always wanted to backstab me, Woodland, to become one and the best known around the world." Christopher shook his head. "I never thought of it, you will not understand even if I tried and tell you why I did what I did."

He begins to say something to Christopher when he noticed some men around the house. "This is not right, you see those men? They are hired to watch the house that comes and goes inside. I think Reva is right. This girl has something no one wishes for us to find out. But I am Eros freaking De La Cruz. They didn't count me in. And that is where it all went very wrong for them. Because now, I am going to utilize my expertise and bring them down." Eros said looking at them and typing away in his phone.

"We cannot do anything now can't we?" Christopher asked looking at him. "Not now, but I will before the court is in session, I will know what is inside that house and why they all are trying to keep it that way. I promise you that much." Eros slowly drove away knowing they cannot do anything now. So, he will be taking care of it alone.

He left Christopher to his brother and left to find the answers of his own. Christopher walked towards Disha and Valentino. He was thinking about what they had found which can turn this all around ultimately. Valentino saw his brother was deep in thought. So, he walked up to him. He knew how much Forrest matter to his brother and seeing him in this position wasn't something he ever wanted.

"Christopher" He called softly and he looked at his brother standing next to him. Christopher looked at him. "what have you found out?" He asked Valentino. "Something very interesting and something that will very much prove it was all a scam from the beginning." He liked those changes. He knew Forrest was a good man. He cannot hurt anyone intentionally. He followed Valentino towards the office. And he saw Disha was working on something. "Disha" Christopher called. She looked at him. "Chris, I haven't seen you there." Then he thought how right Pia was. She needs someone not too uptight in her life.

"You have something for me?" I asked. "Yes, I do actually, and thanks to Eros..." Valentino cleared his throat. Christopher chuckled. His brother likes this girl but he doesn't know if Valentino has it in him to take it and make it work. "Yes, so what does he find out that is a piece of crucial evidence. We do not have much time and I would like to give my friend a fighting chance." Valentino chuckled. "If we win, you are going to come to the club with us, with Pia in toe." Disha shook her head.

"We are still trying to take him out to have that. I don't think I want to celebrate just yet. Ange is going to get the best of the best trying to subdue the man. And she is in for this fight with her all. She wants to prove that Forrest did something and she is very confident about all this. Confident that whatever she will present will prove that Forrest is guilty. And here you are planning a party. How can you do that Valentino?" Disha asked. Christopher knows she does points most of which are very worrisome points. "I understand but we got to have faith," Christopher told her softly.

"So, we traced the account which she was being paid for and guess where it was from?" Valentino asked. "Why don't you enlighten me then?" Christopher asked. "The transaction traced to Paris. And the account was in the name of Mr. and Mrs. Lyte." Christopher looked at them surprised. 

"Are you sure? I mean it is Forrest's mother and father who want him to have this? Go through all this for what?" Christopher asked. "They wanted to control him. Forrest came out of that family wanting to make something of himself. Now, he had and they lost control over him. What do you think people like them would do? Think what mom had tried to do with you?"

Christopher had no words when he sums it up like that, even Valentino sounds wise about these things. "But why pay for her treatments? Ange was supposed to be in some unknown hospital after that accident. How did they know where she was. And why did she lie to Forrest about being paid by an account set up by her parents? Could it be that they introduced her to his life so that they gain back some control?" Disha told him. "I don't know. Standing here hearing what you are saying gives me chills."

Christopher sounded upset. How can any parent do that to a point where the person wants to commit suicide? Do they even care? Do they know what their actions have been costing him? He sighed looking at both of them. "I am not having a good feeling about this. I think they were counting on Reva to be in his life. Not even Ange thought that he can ever get over her. But he did and no one is happy about it. They see Reva as a threat to whatever they are trying to accomplish." He told them.

"I think we should call Eros and have his contact put protection around..." "I had covered that," Valentino said surprising them all. "You did it how?" Disha asked. "Not only Eros have contact. I have friends in high places. Now they are protected we can work out how we are going to pull Forrest out of this trap." And they all agreed to that. They knew it was their number one priority. So, they started to salvage anything that they can for the case to be favored for Forrest.

Forrest's eyes opened and he saw his wife next to him. She was holding him tightly. He slowly stroked her hair thinking how efficiently time had disappeared from their life. It is Friday already and he till now has no idea how to defend his family, his business, and himself from all the allegations that had been brought to him. Reva too got up and found him in distress. She was very concerned about how she was going to get his name cleared. But more than that she was afraid of how she was going to keep her anxiety away.

"What happened?" Reva asked. Forrest shook his head not saying a word. Forrest placed his head on her lap. "My head is hurting." He complained. "It is alright Forrest." She slowly ran her hand through his hair. He held her waist. She can feel his anxiousness. "My love, my heart specialist, how can someone not understand your heart. How can someone accuse you of something so nasty" I whispered. 

"I don't want to go there and see them accuse me and your relationship. I love you and they will question you and they will question what we share." Reva smiled. "Yes, they will Forrest, that is their work but what is our work? To show them how our relationship is over everything. They can try and question it but they can never break it." She told him as he turned around to look at her.

"Can we stay here like this? I don't know when I will ever get to do this again." She leaned down and placed a kiss on his forehead. "Do you believe in me?" She asked him. "More than anything, love. I believe in you." Forrest told her. "Do you believe in us?" Reva asked again. "Yes, I do believe in us. Then there's nothing that can take away all these things from us." Reva whispered placing her lips against his skin kissing him softly letting him ease away from his anxiety.

 "Don't worry Art, bad things don't happen to good people like us. And even if they do happen, they pass away making everything good again." Reva told him. "If you think it like that, I am not going to question your beliefs." He said and she gave him a reassuring smile. "Now, let's get you ready for this alright Art?" He nodded and got up.

Reva brushed out the crease from his shirt. "There looks perfect, isn't it?" She asked. He touched her cheek. "I hope it is ok Reva, I do not wish to tarnish your good name with mine. I cannot drag you down with me." He looked at his children and placed a kiss on their forehead. Disha and Valentino had volunteered to look after them for a while. He picked them up and cradled them one by one in his arms just to remember what it felt like. 

"Daddy is going to win, right?" He asked and they giggled. "You look confident much more than I. I hope I do not disappoint you both and your mother." Then he put them back down and walked towards the door. He has to remain positive for his wife and family. He offered one last prayer before walking out of the door. 

Word Count: 2408 Words

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3.2M 60.6K 84
HEA ✔ no OWD/cheating 7 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 7 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 7 𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙯𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧...
1.6M 68.7K 70
[COMPLETED] W A R N I N G: • EXPLICIT SCENES AND STRONG LANGUAGE • MENTION OF DEATH AND SELF HARM • DON'T GO IN IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING CLIC...
90.4K 4.3K 46
Pia Ray, have only one goal in her life to become the most successful neurosurgeon there is. Other than her friends, she have no one else to rely on...
267 0 25
Doctors swear to save lives every day, and that's exactly what Thomas wants to do. Dreaming of running his own hospital, saving lives and being the b...