It's Our Secret

By sydsofia13

Juliette and Keira Walsh love being twins. Since childhood, the two girls have been inseparable and together... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Big Steps
Chapter 2 - First Training
Chapter 3 - Who's Most Likely To?
Chapter 4 - Season's Start
Chapter 5 - Everton
Chapter 6 - Space
Chapter 8 - 3:52am
Chapter 9 - Ettie Vs Keira
Chapter 10 - Reuniting
Chapter 11 - Exclusives
Chapter 12 - History
Chapter 13 - Blues
Chapter 14 - Surprises
Chapter 15 - Backstory
Chapter 16 - Make-Do Christmas
Chapter 17 - Moving
Chapter 18 - Ribbons
Chapter 19 - Final Day
Chapter 20 - Roster
Chapter 21 - Sisters
Chapter 22 - Telepathy
Chapter 23 - Keira
Chapter 24 - Mad
Chapter 25 - Heart
Chapter 26 - Groups
Chapter 27 - Substitutions
Chapter 28 - All Too Well
Chapter 29 - Returning
Chapter 30 - Collapsing
Chapter 31 - Time
Chapter 32 - The Truth
Chapter 33 - Bonds
Chapter 34 - Lies
Chapter 35 - She's Back
Chapter 36 - Messages
Chapter 37 - Barcelona
Chapter 38 - Reconciliation
Chapter 39 - Hayley
Chapter 40 - Connections
Chapter 41 - Leah
Chapter 42 - Anger
Chapter 43 - Euros
Chapter 44 - Brisbane
Chapter 45 - Smart Choices
Chapter 46 - Bumps
Chapter 47 - A Year
Chapter 48 - Defensive
Chapter 49 - Tillies Vs Lionesses
Chapter 50 - The Party
Chapter 51 - Ettie and Leah
Chapter 52 - More History
Chapter 53 - Bradie Van Dyk
Chapter 54 - Speaking Out
Chapter 55 - Champions League Final
Chapter 56 - Australia
Chapter 57 - Black Truths
Chapter 58 - White Lies
Chapter 59 - Expiry
Chapter 60 - Soulmates
Chapter 61 - Endings
Chapter 62 - Leah and Hayley
Epilogue
Author's Note
An Update
Ettie's Letters - To Lucy
Ettie's Letters - To Georgia
Ettie's Letters - To Indi
Ettie's Letters - To Hayley
Ettie's Letters - To Leah
The Last Part

Chapter 7 - Indi

9.5K 160 13
By sydsofia13

As I trained that day, all I could think of was Leah. Of what she was going through with Jordan. I felt this undeniable connection with her, and I didn't know what it was. Did she feel it too?

"You want to come tonight?" Sam asked me, as I sat with her after training. We were untying our shoes, and chatting as per usual.

"Come to what?" I asked her.

"I am meeting up with some of the Arsenal girls tonight."

"Oh, like who?"

"Caitlin, Lia, India and Jill. Aussie girls and co," Sam added on.

"Wouldn't that be kinda weird? I'd be sixth wheeling."

"Bring Leah," Sam said, "didn't she stay with you last night?" Earlier, I gave Sam a brief run down about what happened last night. Nothing about Leah's personal life, but only that she stayed with me.

"Yeah, I'll text her."

Ettie: do you want to come out with me and sam tonight. I think some of your arsenal team mates will be there too.

Leah: yeah they were just telling me about it and asking if i should invite you

Ettie: perfect! Wanna go?

Leah: sounds like a plan

"She said yes," I said to Sam, "Where's it going to be?"

"I think we're just going to my apartment and I got the drinks."

"Good job!" I said to her, laughing.

"Just be there around six," Sam then said.

"Sounds good."

As I got home, I waited for Leah to arrive. My training started earlier than hers and thus it finished earlier, whereas hers started later and finished later. She walked through the doors around an hour after I arrived home, and she looked frazzled.

"You okay?" I asked her from the couch.

"Yeah, it just was rough."

"Why?"

"She wanted to talk, but I just didn't. I just need my own space, you know?"

"Yeah I understand. Well, tonight will be a good way to take your mind off it all," I said to her.

"Yes it will!" She laughed back, and smiled at me.

We soon got ready, and we were off to Sam's.

"I'm going to be meeting so many people," I said to Leah, as we were in the car.

"Really?" She asked me.

"Yeah, I mean, I met Caitlin when I was with Hayley, but I have never properly met Jill Roord, besides when I played against her, or Lia Walti, and this will be the first time I lay my eyes on India Harrison."

"Well, Indi is a gem, so you'll love her. She and Jill have this undisclosed thing. I think they quite like each other."

"Oh, a little romance brewing?"

"Yeah, I mean, they haven't confirmed anything, but they got very close, very quick."

"That's cute."

We then arrived at Sam's apartment and went up to her place. We knocked on the door, and India Harrison opened it.

"Hey guys!" She said kindly, as she opened the door and reached out to Leah giving her a hug. "You must be Ettie! It's so great to be finally meeting one of the Walsh sisters properly!" She embraced me in a sweet hug, and then ushered us both in. She was very different to how I imagined her. She was lovely, kind, young and very pretty. "Sam!" India called out, "Leah and Ettie are here!"

"It's great to meet you, India."

"Please, call me Indi!"

"Indi, your voice is so loud!" Jill Roord said, as she came up behind Indi, and gave her a hug. I'd assume, from this interaction alone, that they would be together, but I didn't say anything.

"Hey, I'm Jill," Jill said to me.

"Ettie," I replied back.

Soon later, Caitlin and Lia knocked on the door.

"Hey Ettie!" Caitlin said to me, "long time, no see."

"Long time indeed." I stood up from the couch, where I was sitting next to Leah, and embraced Caitlin in a hug. I hadn't seen Caitlin properly since my break up with Hayley. I have obviously seen her at games, but we hadn't conversed or talked.

"Got the drinks!" Sam said, coming out of the kitchen. She brought out some beers and glasses of champagne. I was so ready to devour the drinks, and let loose for the night. Sam and I had the day off from training the following day, but I wasn't sure about the Arsenal girls.

"So," Indi said to me, as we sat beside each other on the couch, as Leah talked with Caitlin and Lia who were beside her, "why did you decide to move to Chelsea?"

"Oh I just think I wanted a change," I replied back, honestly, "what about you? Do you miss Houston?"

"Definitely, Houston's a great city, but I just really wanted to play over here. So many amazing players and I wanted to try something new. Get out of my comfort zone, you know."

"Yeah, completely understand."

"What's it like," Indi asked me, "playing with your sister?" She was so entranced with what I was saying, that I did have to remember that she had only just turned 20. She was so young.

"It's really cool. You have this telepathic connection with your sibling, and you just know what each other is going to do. It's really cool."

"I was always so jealous of Kristie and Sam Mewis. Playing with your sibling would be the dream. If only!"

"Do you have any siblings?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I have a brother, but he is quite young. He's just turned 15. And he hates soccer, most of my family does, to be honest."

"How can you hate football?" I asked, laughing.

"Tell me about it. We're kind of an AFL and netball family."

"Is your family still in Australia?"

"Yeah, they live in Sydney."

"Was it hard, living by yourself so young in Houston?" She nodded at this, but then explained.

"Yeah it was hard, but I had Kristie and Rachel, and they were really good to me."

"Yeah Rachel is amazing. I don't know Kristie that well, but I did meet her a few times."

"Oh really? Why?"

"I'm really good friends with Rachel and Millie Bright, and so when Rach and Kristie were together, I met her."

"Oh, so you know?" Indi said, lowering her voice, referencing the break up. I nodded.

"Yeah Rachel told me a few weeks ago."

"What are you two talking about," Jill said, as she sat on the ground next to the couch, resting her arm on Indi's lap.

"Just telling Ettie my whole life story," Indi joked back.

"I wouldn't mind that story too," Jill said, sarcastically back. I felt there was more to that comment, but I didn't push.

"So, when did you guys meet?" I asked them.

"Literally a month ago when I joined Arsenal," Indi said, honestly, "and now, she's stuck with me."

"Lucky me," Jill laughed back.

"Aw, you love me." I still didn't know if this meant they were together or not, but again, I didn't ask. It wasn't my place.

"You dated Hayley, right?" Indi asked me, as we were getting through our third beers.

"Yeah, I did." I looked away, not really wanting to talk about it.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up anything sensitive."

"No, no, don't worry. It's okay," I said to Indi, smiling.

"Everyone has demons in their past," she said, taking another sip of her beer, "and they're yours to share or not." I saw her playing with her sleeves, and rubbing her arms, sensing there was more to her than met the eye. I gulped the rest of my beer, and turned my attention to Leah, sparking up a new conversation.

The night went smoothly, and it was fun meeting new people. As Leah and I were about to go, I said goodbye to all the girls.

"Here," Indi said, getting up from the couch, "I'll give you my number." She asked for my phone and plugged her details in.

"Awesome. I'll text you," I said to her, smiling. Indi was such a sweet person, and I loved talking with her, but I could tell she had a lot of secrets. A lot of things that she buried. But who doesn't? I know I do.

As I had drunk far too much, I made Leah drive home. I went on my phone, and searched up the instagram user "Indiharrison".

@Indiharrison: followers - 758k. Following - 376

Recent: photo of Indi, from behind, with the number 13 written on her back, as she was about to step onto the field before the game.

indiharrison: loved my debut #COYG #13

Jillroord: so cute indi!!

samanthakerr20: proud of you windy

caitlinfoord: you're a star

I hit the follow button, and she soon followed me back. I smiled at this, and realised I had made a new friend. It was easier than I thought. Easier than I imagined. India Harrison was my friend.

Note:

- so this story is parallel to Only Friends so it is running in line with it (if that makes sense.)

- currently, id say that this is set in the same time period as chapter 4 and 5 in Only Friends

- to understand the story fully, id suggest reading Only Friends, if you haven't already. especially in the context of understanding Indi Harrison in the story :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.4K 140
Eleanore Queen is the upcoming rising star for both her club and national team. Recruted by the Arsenal Academy at an age of 12, she made her debut f...
110K 2.8K 42
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
271K 3.7K 24
Ella bronze, yeah that's right, i'm Lucy bronze's younger sister. I'm 19 years old, i just turned 19 actually. I am a forward who plays for wsl side...
138K 3.2K 149
Olivia Andrea Isla Bronze A girl with abusive foster parents and a hard life, but when the lionesses come to her school for a camp....will she find a...