𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀...

By kourourou

⚠︎ 𝙷𝙸𝙰𝚃𝚄𝚂 𝑀𝑜𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑛 𝐴𝑈: When Killua Zoldyck happens to catch a girl hiding on one of the boy bathr... More

Prologue
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31

Chapter 30

1.2K 51 40
By kourourou

10:00 AM

2 hours before the succession ceremony

Throughout the night, the thought of Atlas and Killua's condition occupied your mind, making you feel extremely anxious that you couldn't sit still. Killua came up with a plan last night, and that you and Gon will be accompanied outside the premises with the assistance of Canary and the others. 

Basically, Killua wanted you to leave the area as soon as possible to ensure your safety. He also reassured you that you will escape the manor with your brother safely.

Although you weren’t slightly confident with the plan he came up with, you had no choice but to execute the plan he elucidated. 

However, you figured he didn't present the entirety of the plan and in the end, you assumed that perhaps the plan flows depending upon the later occurrence. 

The door swung open moments later. 'Isn't it too early for Canary to arrive?' you wondered in suspicion. Alerting, you immediately stood up from the mattress you were sitting on. 

The moment you glimpsed at the door, your breath hitched. It was not Canary standing before you but Killua's mother, her youngest child and a couple of butlers. 

"Restrain her." she ordered sternly, and in a swift, her assistants started to approach you. 

Kikyo’s servants grabbed both of your wrists and held on tight. You wince at how painful the feeling is as you tried to resist but to no avail. 

You gave up eventually, and said nothing during the scene. Glancing over to the smug woman, the cold and pissed-off look was the least Kikyo expected to see. 

"Get rid of that look otherwise I won't hesitate to mark a permanent scar on you." Kikyo threatened, her words were heavily laced with venom. The woman's exasperation took over her after receiving the stern expression from you. 

The excruciating pain from the recently-sewed wound makes you wince in pain when Kikyo grabbed a clump of your hair, tugging you aggressively as she dragged you outside the premises. Your eyes brimmed with tears whilst you resist and endure the pain. 

All the attention of the employees' within the area diverted towards the scene. Seems that all of them are not willing to help you in fear of facing the consequences. 

***

"Mr. Zebro! I can't be sitting here waiting. My friends are in grave danger!" Gon yelled out of his frustration, walking back and forth several times. He's obviously anxious and couldn't stay still.   

For the nth time, Zebro shook his head in disagreement. Him, and Seaquant are conflicted regarding the situation. They had been warned by Kikyo herself- that neglecting and failing one's responsibility may lead to a severe punishment.   

"I'm sorry Mr. Gon. We really want to, but it's too risky." Zebro sighed, earning a defeated sigh from the ravenette teen. 

Gon's shoulders dropped in defeat, and sat on the cushioned chair. Troubled gaze dropped down on the exquisite wooden flooring. He then suddenly heard a familiar voice and grunting outside, indicating that the owner of the voice was in pain and struggling. 

Kikyo had enough, and with a hostile stare she shoved you violently to the ground, causing you to fall on your knees. 

As soon as Gon heard the commotion. He frantically rushed outside in a panic, followed by Sequant and Zebro. Genuine worry is evident on their faces. 

"How dare you display such insolence before me!" Kikyo fumed, repeatedly thrusting the end of her fan aggressively against your forehead. Too forceful, to the point the exquisite pattern engraved on the object grazed your skin. 

You let out a grimace caused by the painful feeling from the sharp metal piercing you. 

"Begone, otherwise you won't be able to leave our territory alive." the woman threatened once more, venom lacing every word that rolled out of her mouth. 

"My Kil doesn't need a nuisance, and a  pathetic being like…" Kiyoko paused, observing you. An insulting smile plastering on the mysterious woman's pale face. 

"...you." she ended her sentence with a villainous chuckle.   

Gon approached you in a hurry, worried. He tried to assist you up yet you insisted. Sternly, you shoot a fiery gaze towards the woman. 

Kikyo glared back then turned around, "Come along, Kalluto." She called her child. 

"Yes, mother." Kalluto responded. 

Kiyoko turned on her heels, not looking back or whatsoever. She's now taking her leave along with her youngest child, when you finally stood up on your feet. 

"You don't deserve to be called a mother. Your own children don't see you as one." you stated, boldly.  

The people near you were taken aback by your words. Kikyo snapped because she strongly disapproved of what she heard. The woman stormed towards you, her one arm raised up.  

Slap

The sound of a sharp slap silenced the area momentarily. You hear nothing except the ringing you hear in your ear, and your cheek feels as though it is burning. With such delicate-looking hands, it felt heavy when the impact made contact with your skin. 

The impact of the slap felt more like a punch. 

“(Your name)!” Gon screamed. He immediately pulled you behind him, shielding you from the woman. 

Although it was painful, the stern on your visage remained as you sharply turned your head towards the woman. Eyes showing neither evidence of fear or resentment. 

Kikyo took a deep breath and took a few moments to contain herself. "I won't bother you any longer. Be grateful your brother will atone for what you did." she said huskily.

You froze. Your eyes somewhat enlarged at the feeling of genuine shock upon hearing her statement. Satisfied of what she had done, "C'mon Kalluto." Kikyo called once more, turning on her heels and sauntering away. 

The woman's child didn't respond, and then silently followed Kikyo. She seemed hesitant as she took a quick glance towards your direction, then left. 

"(Your name), I'm very sorry." Gon said apologetically, he blamed himself for not doing what he was told to do even though he knew he could have done something.  

Gon successfully assisted you up, Seaquant exited the quarters in a frantic and he brought a clean cloth with him. 

"Let's head in and get you treated." Zebro notified you in a hurry. 

"Not yet." you mutter, trying to maintain your composure through clenching your fists in a tight manner. 

Gon was about to talk everything out. It's far more dangerous to head back to that place. He felt your genuine determination.  

The male gently placed a hand on your shoulder, his squeeze of reassurance has helped you calm down at least. 

"Let's go." Gon smiled proudly, despite having a twinge of worry, he wanted to save his friends. "Before we ran out of time." he reminded you. 

In return, you smiled back, then gave him a nod.  

***

Killua has sat himself on his assigned seat which contrasts everyone's. The heir's place consists of: a luxurious wooden table, engraved with ancient alphabet reading, recommence; a velvet cushion traditionally woven with a rare beasts fur, and was preserved for decades. These are used from the past successions of their bloodline.

The family is present in the area where the ceremony will be taking place, and the members wore their own traditional clothing for the occasion. 

Killua wore a gray traditional Japanese male clothing, it's sleeves reaching his wrist. It is made with exclusive, rare fabrics that can be only found in private auctions. This certain item was purchased by Kikyo and Silva from the previous auction - the bid reaching 27.4k¥

Despite the over the top price, for him it felt uncomfortable and couldn't wait to get rid of it soon.  

Killua waited. Some of the family members' presence is testing his patience. The male's calm facade conceals his apprehension about your state. 

'Did she get out safely with Gon?' he asked himself repeatedly. He lifted his gaze, only to meet Alluka's reassuring ones on her table. 

Alluka was disheartened to witness her brother do the unimaginable. Both of them never wanted this, and it's unfathomable yet upsetting for her that she and Killua may not experience freedom ever again. 

Killua felt dispirited at the sight of her. Once everything is over, he's planning on apologizing to her although he's aware that she may not possibly forgive him, and have to regain her trust again.

 'Please wait for big brother, Alluka. I'll make sure we'll get out of here.' 

Then a few moments later, the clock finally hits twelve. "Let's commence." 

"Requested by Master Silva himself, prior to the commencement of the very succession. We hereby announce Atlas to be demoted from his now former position." 

This is what Killua least expected. He found this unfathomable, and his stern eyes landed on Silva's. 

His father seemed unfazed, although Killua knew Silva is pleased of what is occuring.

"This is absurd!" 

Killua was throwing daggers at Silva, in which the old man exchanged with his effortless intimidating gaze. 

"There is no such thing as absurd as long as I have the title." Silva angrily retorted. 

Killua heaved a small sigh, and resigned from the uprising tension. He sat there quietly, his one hand suspiciously fishing something out of his sleeve. 

Silva resumed his speech, "To elucidate the matter behind his sudden demotion, an outsider invaded our territory, and attempted to cease this one-of-a-kind occasion."

"Atlas, has approached me, for he voluntarily atone for the said intruders misdemeanor." Silva added. 

Killua tensed up at what he had heard. Behind his unbothered facade, he's in utter disbelief. 'Atlas, you stupid fck.' he cursed mentally. How can he be selfless at times like this?

Killua stealthily and successfully replaced the item, and casually slid the original inkpad beneath the cushion he's sitting on. 

Silva sat down after finishing his words, then it was the host's turn to speak. 

Just before the guy could even get the chance to converse about what Atlas is about to face. Killua aggressively pounded the exquisite table with his fist, creating a loud bang that was too loud, to the point it silenced the room and created a very odd tension. 

Killua seemed infuriated, and demanded, "This is a turnover ceremony, not a trial. I am here to receive my title as the successor of the bloodline." 

Instead of retorting back,  Kikyo seemed proud of what her son had turned out to be. Silva on the other hand, seemed displeased at first, yet agreed anyway. 

"Proceed." Silva signaled the host. 

Meanwhile, you and Gon are almost close to the area you were told where the turnover event is taking place. The mentioned area is located somewhere secluded and private, so the ceremony may run smoothly without interventions or distractions. 

Halls empty, the routes were perplexing   yet the both of you never let your guard down. Complete silence wandered through the halls, as though the slightest error you can make could jeopardize your one and only attempt.

Then all of sudden, "(Your name), you gotta run." Gon warned in a hush tone. You are alerted, looking back at him only to see him having eye contact with the tall fair man behind - Killua's eldest brother. 

Somehow, you tensed up just by Illumi's presence and gaze alone. You desperately want to move but to no avail.  

"RUN, I SAID." Gon reiterated, snapping you back to your senses. 

You didn't speak, and did what you're told. You ran away as your adrenaline coursed through you, your eyes were closed shut in fear of falling. 

...

Most of the time it was only the host talking, reading the contents of the contract he's holding, which includes the authority and some possessions that will be passed down to the successor. 

After elucidating the contents of the paper, the host placed it gently on Killua's desk and instructed him to imprint his thumb indicating his agreement to the contract.  

Atlas elevates his gaze on the male before them. He was surprised when he saw Killua lightly rolled his sleeve, and about to press his thumb on the inkpad.

Zeno, Silva and Kikyo were the ones who mostly looked forward to this occurrence, and they felt accomplished to finally have the successor accept the title. 

Atlas on the other hand is utterly appalled, he gave himself in thinking that that would buy you, Killua and the others adequate time to escape.

Unfortunately , it seems like Killua already accepted his defeat. 

...

"KILLUA NO!" 

Out of the blue, there was an abrupt yelling coming from outside of the room right after someone burst in through the door. 

Incredulous gazes instantly landed on you. Atlas, especially Killua, who's in genuine shock and concern. Killua expected you to be already outside the territory however, there you stood before him. A streak of blood stained on your forehead, your disheveled clothes in which has alarmed him. 

Descending your gaze, you felt your heart stop the moment you glimpsed upon his inked thumb pressed against the paper. No words left your lips, nor tears escaped your eyes. You show no reaction, though the unpredicted betrayal hits you hard. 

"You insolent being!" Kikyo furiously screeched at you, as she was about to freak out, however Killua instinctively ran towards you.

Exactly before the other butlers came bursting into apprehend you, Killua tugged you towards him, wrapping his one arm around you while his other hand held the already-signed contract.

"Kil!" Kikyo is in utter shock upon seeing the scene before her, "Just what do you think you're doing?!" she yelled once more.

Killua gave the servants a threatening gaze, and sternly,  "Keep your distance." he demanded. 

"Hand her to me." 

Silva finally spoke, contradicting what Killua had just said. He stood from his seat with the unwavering intimidating tension present in the room. 

The butlers weren’t sure of which order they would have to follow. They all exchanged glances, not entirely sure what move they would execute next. 

Killua is not amused by this. Unbothered by his father's potential reaction, he shifted his ice-cold gaze towards his old man.

"I already signed the contract as you wish, now you dare defy my orders?" 

Silva stood there without a response. Silence embraced the room as they all seemed stunned by Killua's words. They seem to have forgotten already that he already signed the contract. "The confirmation of the settlement is only evident in this paper. If you wish to have this contract to be preserved, do as I say." Killua added.

Everyone waited, as their attention drifted towards Killua only. They’re patiently waiting for what he is about to say. 

"Atlas' supposed penalty will be nullified, and his history will be permanently removed from the family business. Furthermore, I do expect him to take his leave with (Your name) and Gon with no harm, otherwise bid your farewell to our agreement - by that I mean this paper I'm holding." Killua proclaimed, receiving disapproval looks from his family members, mainly his parents in return. 

It took a while before someone broke the ice. Instead of retorting against his son's orders, Silva said, "Very well." Though it is against his will, he already attained what he wanted, and that is Killua signing the contract.  

"Silva!" Kikyo warned, but her husband already took his leave with the old man - Zeno, following him. 

Kikyo is obviously  infuriated by this because the awaited occasion didn’t turn out to be what she wanted to happen. She sternly gives you a glare, then storms off with Kalluto catching up to her. Milluki on the other hand, threw daggers at his younger brother and left as well.

Killua heaved a deep sigh of relief, and fixed his gaze on you with a smile, however it didn't last long when he saw your disheartened state while trying to break free from his embrace. 

The silverette's shoulders dropped, when you didn't acknowledge him at all. He looked over at you as you feebly approached Atlas. Right after Atlas successfully got up, he got tackled by your abrupt hug. 

Gon hurriedly proceeded into the room. Only to see a few familiar faces remaining in the room. “Killua! (Your name)!” he called happily. He received a weak smile from his best friend, which somewhat bothers him. He glimpsed over where Killua was looking and he saw you and your brother. 

Atlas gaze softens at the soft sound of your whimpers. Seems like you can no longer control your emotions. Atlas hesitated at first, for he will be hugging his little sister after a long time. He raised both his arms, and gently wrapped you. Atlas now felt the warmth of an embrace after a long time.  This nostalgic sensation he’s feeling made him go on the verge of tears. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry (Your name)." Atlas, murmured, his shaky voice indicates he's been trying to hold back his tears. 

After the sentimental reunion, Killua suggested for all of you to leave sooner before anything dangerous happens again.   

The both of you didn’t converse at all, even though Killua desperately wants to.  He couldn't even ask you what had happened to you. 

Killua truly felt sorry, and he loves you dearly... And he wishes he could tell you that once more. 

End of chapter 30 

Hello, how's life going? Really hope you're taking care of yourself. 

Wow, I can't believe I forgot about publishing this. This chapter was supposed to be longer but I decided to put the rest in the next chapter. As usual, there is no proper proofreading done because it's already 2AM and I need sleep. We all do. 

For those who are still reading this book, I am genuinely thankful for your support and the positive comments you all have given me.

I love you all, thank you for reading this chapter. ❤

Remember to love yourself.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.8K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
133K 3.6K 74
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...