Game of Thrones || The Sword...

By RickyAdams9

UNDER MAJOR EDITING AT THE CURRENT TIME* Ser Arthur Dayne of Starfall was the greatest knight the Seven Kingd... More

Cast
Dawn
Stories
"The Man Who Passes the Sentence Should Swing the Sword"
The Runts of the Litter
The King's Arrival
The Kingslayer
A Dothraki Wedding and Honeymoon
Words of War
Wishful for a Good Fight or Death
Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things
Wolves, Lions and Excuses
A Golden Crown and Bloodied Hands
Betrayal of the Obvious Traitor
The Cry for War
Planning
The Green Fork
The Whispering Woods
The Quiet Wolf put to Rest
The King in the North
The Bleeding Star
"You hold the reigns"
A Dayne at War
On The Move
To Finally See Her Grace
To Conquer a Mountain
Talk of Victory and Life
The Prideful Little Lion
The Second Battle of the Ruby Ford
The Black Lion Roars
A Dayne, A Lion, and Second Sons
Work That Leads to Nothing
Cornered
The Plan
Jenny of Oldstones
"Make It Yours"
Battle of the Flood Bowl
A Brother and Sister Reunited
Staines That Do Not Wash
A Frey and a Trout
Distractions
A Red Wedding
A Sign in the Stars
"You want it darker"
Cider and Dead Kings
The Red Mountains
Starfall
Blood of my Blood
Deadly Secrets
Dragon Troubles
Darkstar
The Dayne Slayer
Breakthrough
The Sword of the Morning
East
Angry Snakes
The Art of Compromise
Dragon Dreams
Stone Men of Old Valyria
"Slavery-free" City of Yunkai
A Different Kind of Cat
A Dance With a Dayne and a Dragon
Horselords
The Champion of the Braided Bloodrider
Past Events and Unspoken Emotions
Reborn Through Fire and Blood
Bloodriders for Her Majesty
A Forgotten Will
Love Under the Stars
A New Dawn
A City on the Rise
A Brave New World
Dragonstone
The King in the North Arises Once More
The Mantle of Responsibility
"What You Would Do If You Lost"
"Never Let Go"
The Bait
The Battle of Shipbreaker Bay
The Queen of the Torrentine
Siege
Old Vendettas
The Song of the North
No Mercy
Lost Enough
A Brother and Sister Reunited II
A New War
The Mormont Returns
Secrets and Banter
A Promise
Fall
"The Monsters Are Real"
Warm Again
What They Have
Set Dates
What They Need
Deal Broker
A Knight, A Warrior, and A Lover At Heart
The North Remebers
Slow Dancing
The Lords and Ladies of the North
The Key
Prophecies
Oathkeeper
Ghosts of Winters Past
The Wary She-Wolf
Dragon Riders
An Ever-shifting Future
Burying a Hatchet
An Understanding
A Way Through
The Bridge of Skulls
Shattered Hope
Not Invincible
"It Only Gets Worse Before It Gets Better"
An Old Face from an Old Life
Visions of the Flames
Hard Truths
Bloodletting
The Long Night
The Long Night II
The Long Night III

Riling the Lion

2.9K 162 9
By RickyAdams9

~~Adwin Lannister~~

In the Small Council chambers in the Red Keep, Tywin sits with his brother and his son, Cersei, Tyrion, Grand Maester Pycelle, Joffrey, and Varys.

They all stare silently at the massive box on the table. All is silent as they all just look at it, knowing what is in it.

"Should we open it?"

Tyrion asks and Tywin just nods to Adwin, who groans. He opens the crate, immediately putting his hand over his nose because of the stench. Cersei looks like she's about to throw up.

Tyrion basically gets onto the table and pears into the box, seeing the body of the once alive Gregor Clegane. His body lays in the box whilst his head is gone.

"There's a note."

Adwin states, pulling the piece of parchment that is nailed onto the dead Clegane's chest. Opening it and reading past the blood staines, he begins to read.

"Tywin Lannister,

You probably think this is not a major victory for our cause but you clearly don't know about motivation. If we can conqueror a mountain, the lion's are not far from being conquered themselves.

I send my regards,

Lady Evelyn Dayne"

Everyone just stares in silence as Adwin and Archwin's face grows redder than an apple and angrier than a prodded bull.

"That stupid bitch!"

Archwin shouts first followed by the heavy and angry breathing of King Joffrey.

"Evelyn Dayne thinks she can just fucking waltz around the Riverlands slaughtering our men?! I'll put a stop to this."

Archwin stands from his seat, earning a scowl from Tywin.

"If you do that, boy, you will not be coming back."

Tywin warns and Archwin shakes his head.

"No. Why would I want to come back to this stinking shit pile of a city?"

Adwin stands next to his son, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"You will be given 5,000 men of your choosing to fight beside you."

The two lions grin like madmen while everyone else just looks at them knowingly. They're the idiots of the Lannister Lion's but also the most prideful.

Archwin looks at everyone with a grin.

"I will succeed where others have failed. Evelyn Dayne will die by my sword."

~~Robb Stark~~

"Robb Stark,

I send you my best but I also send to you good news. The Mountain is dead by my hand and his body was sent back to King's Landing.

It's finally looking like we're winning out here, brother. Hopefully soon we will join together once again.

Your sister always,

Evelyn Dayne"

Everyone around the table looks at Robb with a smile. Robb sets the raven letter on the table, looking across at his uncle Edmure Tully.

"It appears not all was lost at that mill. It seems I have now a dead mountain and a mill."

The Blackfish chuckles while Edmure looks a bit discouraged from the belittling from his own nephew.

Robb Stark stands from his seat, glancing at his mother and wife with a soft smile. Moving over to the large open window, he breathes in the soft cool air with content. He's proud of her. He was right to trust in her leading skills.

If Evelyn Dayne can conquer a mountain, then he has no doubts about what the future will hold for them.

He smiles.

~~Evelyn Dayne~~

"So how many men do we have left after the fight?"

"Right now we have a little less than how many we started with."

Lord Offa states and I sigh in annoyance.

"How many?"

I ask in frustration and he sighs.

"We've lost some 700 men since you have taken command."

I sigh, rubbing my eyes in tiredness and frustration.

"If there's any silver lining in this is that had anyone else taken command, there'd be double the men in the ground."

Lady Mormont speaks up and Evelyn smiles. But her words only draw a few quiet scoffs as the other officers leave the tent.

"Not the nicest of gentlemen, are they?"

"It appears that they are not very gentle men."

I remark sarcastically while tossing my sword onto the table, the maps covering it getting slightly splattered with mud and blood. I still haven't washed.

"You look as tired as a bear coming out of hibernation."

She remarks to me and I snicker.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

She smiles before touching my shoulder.

"The men appreciate everything that you do for them. But they see that you're straining yourself for them, pushing yourself beyond what your capable of."

"You doubt my capability?"

I ask and she shakes her head.

"I have no doubts. Watching you defeat the Kingslayer was proof enough for me. But you can't very well protect them if you drop from exhaustion."

The older woman smiles at me softly.

"Wash up, dear. The water surrounding the Isle is decent."

"Will do."

I smile and she nods, taking her leave. I grab an extra set of clothes and quickly leave our camp, walking alone in the darkness a little ways south to the Isle of Faces. It's convenient it's so close to Harrenhal.

I remember all of the stories about the Old Gods of the Forest and how the Weirwood tree's are a way that chanel their power through. And to think how there's an entire forest of those trees out there.

Getting to the semi-sandy beach, I throw m stuff on the sand. I drop some of my leather armor pieces and then my clothes, kicking off my boots.

I step into the cool water, feeling so much tension leave my muscles as I submerge myself under the cold water. Had I not been held back by my lungs I would stay underwater forever. It's peaceful and quiet.

But I know the quiet will not last forever. The lion has been riled. They'll want blood.

After washing off, I get out of the water, throwing on some of my more loose fitting and clean clothes and laying in the sand, looking up at the stars.

"Evelyn?"

~~~~~
A/N

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I actually quite liked that one and I hope you all do too.

Thank you all so much for reading and I hope you have your continued support. It is very well appreciated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.1K 51
🚧UNDER HEAVY EDITING🚧 Riva Targaryen is Rhagar Targaryen's twin sister. Viserys always envied his older sister and looked down at her just the way...
11.1K 547 53
In the wake of the flames forbear, the House of the Dragon stakes it rightful claim and hereditary with Fire and Blood against House Pendragon. Upon...
19K 1.1K 21
Daeron Dayne is the son of Ser Arthur Dayne and Shaena Targaryen, now Arthur was the only son of his father and mother who wished for him to become L...
13.3K 595 25
The sweet butterfly of House Targaryen narrowly escaped with her life as the rebellion came to an end. Hidden in the sand, she emerged a dragon with...