The Heart Specialist (A Medic...

By shru_du

Forrest Arthur Lyte, or as he calls himself the heart specialist, had known whereabouts of everyone's heart... More

Prologue
1!
2!
3!
4!
5!
6!
7!
8!
9!
10!
11!
12!
13!
14!
15!
16!
17!
18!
19!
20!
21!
22!
23!
24!
25!
26!
27!
28!
29!
30!
31!
32!
33!
34!
35!
36!
37!
38!
40!
41!
42!
43!
Epilogue

39!

292 20 0
By shru_du

Christopher followed her silently into the heart research center. He didn't question her. He knew something was up. Reva was on to something. She took the same path once before. The night someone had locked Forrest inside the storeroom where he would die of suffocation. That was the plan but she spoiled that for someone. Now she needs to know who that someone is. And maybe she knows how to.

She stopped in front of the children's ward. And fortunately, the same nurse was on duty as that night. " Doctor Reva? Do you need something mam?" She asked Reva. "Yes, a little information would be very useful right now." The woman looked at her questioningly. "I need to talk to the girl. The one with Insomnia, you said she cannot sleep at night. I need to know what had happened to her?" She asked. "She was discharged a few days ago." Christopher looked at the nurse. "Do you have CCTV installed here?" He asked.

"Unfortunately, the one on this floor stopped working. We had called technicians but they told us the data was corrupted before anything could be retrieved." Reva met with another dead end. But if her hunch was right about this...

 "The address, I need that girl's address for follow-ups," Christopher added quickly. He had known time was the crucial element in all this. "Sure Sir, if you please follow me." Something was very suspicious about this nurse. Or rather very convenient how the footage got corrupted all of a sudden.

Christopher followed the nurse. Reva decided to search for that herself. So she walked towards the office and told the staff to get the files out of the patients during that time period. She can feel that this conspiracy had spread its wings far too wide. And that she needed to do something fast. She got the file and hid it in her coat. Then she met Christopher on the outside. "Did you get it?" Reva asked Christopher. He showed her a paper. "Let's go and see."

Christopher drove towards the address. "This is it" Reva held his hand. "Chris, something doesn't feel right about it. You know none of our work had been easy. This seems to me like it is too easy. And as it is, I am sure it is a trap." Reva told him. "Only one way to find out is if we go and see for ourselves, Reva," Christopher told her. "I don't know Chris, how safe it is and..." "Come on Reva dear where is your sense of adventure?" That put a smile on her face. "After you" She walked out after Christopher who knocked at the door.

"Miss Clarington?" The woman nodded. "I am here to talk about your daughter Claire." The woman looked at him with confusion. "You might be mistaken sir, I only have a son Louis. I never had a daughter. There must be some mistake." Reva looked at Christopher who already had concluded that Reva's assumption was right. Just then few men pushed past the lady and were carrying weapons. Reva leaned closer to Christopher hoping that she had never ever to be this right about anything.

"Miss Reva Mathur, if you come with us, there will be no harm done to your companion." "Reva no, don't even think about it. If you do so I will never be able to forgive myself and I cannot face my friend who loves you more than anything." Reva knew he was right but she cannot let anything bad happen to Christopher. Pia might not be able to survive the shock. Can she be responsible for this all? Can she forgive herself? "I will go with them. Chris, I cannot see you get hurt or worse."

She made her way towards the men. Christopher walked towards the car and pulled out the gun he always keeps on him. "Hey, fellows aren't you forgetting something?" Christopher asked. "What do you mean?" Christopher got inside the car and drove his car towards them. Then he pulled Reva inside who got free in the moment of their shock. 

"Are you crazy Chris?" Reva asked once they were on the road. "You can call me crazy, that is the least I can do to protect my family, Reva. You are my sister, and I am not letting anyone harm you or my brother. You got me?" Reva nodded. "What have you got?" He asked just as his phone rang.

"Not now Ramon," He said looking at the road and unwanted traffic that was trying to block their way. "You sound spooked Woodland, did something happen? Someone other than me threatened you?" He almost hit a divider. 

"Not in the mood of joke Ramon, we are being chased, and not in a good way." The gunshot went off. Eros looked at his phone and then at Mia who was going through the transactions made for Miss Angie. "Something wrong?" Mia asked him. "Not exactly. He is just getting shot at." Mia looked at him horrified. "And you are telling me nothing is wrong? What is wrong with you?" Eros shrugged.

"Please take the next left and follow my instructions if you want to survive," Eros told them in a very calm voice. Christopher was very baffled. "How do you know my location?" He asked. "Oh, I might have installed a tracker in your car to monitor your activity sneakily." 

"Ramon you..." Eros chuckled "Before you mutter more profanities let me remind you that little piece of metal is about to save your life. So, before you say any other words, why don't you let me guide you to safety so your missus doesn't go crazy about your whereabouts." Christopher let him guide them towards what he assumed was a safe place.

"Come up through the elevator. I think your legs are working?" "I hate him" "Can hear you very clearly, And I do not specifically love you Woodland," Christopher said nothing afterward till he reached his place. " You have improved your choices in homes I see." Christopher mocked him. " Yes, it was your wife's first choice after all." Christopher was about to hit him when Reva stopped Christopher.

 "He is not worth it Chris, let it go." Eros smiled. "So you do not only listen to your female but your best friend's female as well. That was shockingly...." "Alright enough, Mr. De La Cruz, please do not do anything that will make my friend hit you and she can hit very hard." Mia tried to control the situation and once again Eros felt that same longingness in her voice.

"You two shouldn't go out like this on your own. I thought you will stay with Pia and with the Kids. If something happened to any one of you, they both would have been devastated." Mia scolded them. Christopher and Reva looked down guiltily. "We are very sorry Mia. But I know something. There was this girl and she told me that she saw someone always following Forrest at the night. We thought maybe we could know who that person was. Turns out she was discharged and the home address was..." "Fake" Christopher completed the sentence.

"Luckily for you, we have located the file from her records we had hacked into the database of that hospital and isolated the transactions. That was before the time she was admitted to the heart research center. I think me and Miss D'silva make a quite good team together here." Ramon said looking happy at this triumph. "Good, Can you trace the source of the transaction?" Christopher asked. " Woodland there isn't anything in this world that I cannot do." Reva shook her head. "There are many things in this world that you cannot do Mr. De La Cruz."

"Like name one Doll" "You can flirt but when it comes to opening your heart, letting someone in, you cannot. You cannot love anyone." Reva told him. Everyone turned silent hearing her words. "Spare me then, I rather stay like this flirt with a different girl every day than to get worried like you two are doing now. I am happy with my single life where I do not have to care about anyone." Eros said looking at Reva. "He will understand one day Reva," Christopher whispered so that only she can hear it.

Her phone rang breaking her slumber. "Hello," She answered. "You have to go looking for answers and meddle in my business girl. Last time you were lucky. Next time you might not have Christopher Royce Woodland protecting you. It was a warning do not go looking for the things you aren't supposed to." The line went dead and she was looking at her phone spooked. 

Reva was afraid. The thing that someone was deliberately trying to sabotage her and Forrest's relationship. Or that someone was trying to trap them in a case that makes no sense to her. Now this cryptic phone call. All of it had indicated what she had always suspected. It was a foul play.

Her phone rang again and this time she almost dropped it. "Little Birdie, where are you? Why are you not next to me?" She heard the frightened voice of Forrest. "Did you see a nightmare?" Reva asked softly. "Come back please Reva. I hardly get any time left before my ultimate demise. I do not wish to lose any more moments with you and my children. If I go to prison, I don't know how long it will be for or if I get out of that place alive..." 

"Art, now don't say those words. I don't know what the nightmare was about but I assure you that it isn't going to come true." He stayed silent for a moment. "Please come back Little Birdie, I am so lonely, so alone. I just want to lie down and hold you next to me please. Text me the address I will come to you." She sighed. "Alright, I am coming to you alright?" I whispered.

Reva can feel his distress very much. "I will be there alright? I will be there Art." Someone was hearing her conversations. She looked up and saw Eros was looking at her. "Trouble in paradise?" He asked her. "Why are you up Your Highness, if your life is so stress-free and happy?" Reva asked. "I was working. Not everyone has a higher purpose in life as you do." She laughed at that. "You can lie very well, but do us a favor and do not lie to yourself. You will be doing injustice to yourself." She stood up and walked away.

"Wait you shouldn't go alone like this. I will drop you home." He told Reva. "Now you care?" He shrugged in response opening the door to his car. Reva decided not to argue any more than she already did. And she let him drive her to Christopher's house. The journey was silent mostly till they reach their designated place. "You are the actual heart specialist Reva Mathur," Eros said opening the car door. "Why do you say so?" She asked. He only smiled at the response.

She walked inside to see Pia was trying to console Forrest. He was sitting next to her looking distressed. "Art" Reva called and Forrest looked up. He stood up and walked towards her engulfing her in a hug. "Do not leave me ever like that again. You know I hate being alone this way?" He asked her. "I am so sorry Art. This was necessary for me to do. I am sorry, I will not leave you alone ever again, ok?" She told him. "Can we go home now? I do not have much time left to be with you and I do not know if I wish to spend any more away from you." Reva made him sit down.

"Why are you being so negative this way Forrest? I assure you that you and I are going to be together and you and I are going to get through this." He wanted to believe her. But She still doesn't know what was going to happen to him or her for this. He was worried about her and her heart. He was worried about his children. Pia was distressed seeing him like this. He didn't wish anything bad to happen to her brother. Forrest always made her feel belonged feel welcome to this place. But she wasn't sure if now they can prove his innocence.

"Take him to his room, stay here with us for now. I want to discuss something with Pia and others. Reva, stay with him alright?" Christopher told her. And she saw others coming inside. She noticed Disha, Valentino, and Eros in the bunch. Mia was already inside. "Hey, let's go in. Do you want that? Let's go see our children." She told him softly.

 Forrest nodded wanting nothing but to spend some more time with Reva and the kids. He followed Reva inside. She took him to the children and he picked them up one after another asking for forgiveness. It was his fault if he wasn't naïve to let her into his life, Reva would have been happy. But he truly thought she had loved him. She wanted the best for him.

"I will ask what she wants from me. I will give her my property. If that is what she is after. I will give her my everything Reva, little birdie. I will give her every single penny I have in my name. At least then she will leave us alone. Wouldn't she?" He asked her. "I am afraid it is more than that Forrest." Reva thought. "Come on let them sleep. Ok?" She pulled him towards the bed and then made him sit down.

 "Can I sleep in your lap? Will you make me sleep?" He asked Reva. "Sure here" She settled down and he placed his head on her lap. She slowly stroked his hair wondering how she can pull it off. All she had is hope that something concrete would resurface to make him get out of this elaborate trap. She can only hope and pray.  

Word Count: 2374 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 16.7K 30
Arabella never thought she would find herself in a dark alley with a billionaire, let alone end up tangled in his web of lies. When the billionaire o...
3.5K 445 14
Dr, Siddharth Oberoi, 36 year old general surgeon the one who is most respected yet feared in the medical realm but has secrets of his own ,unknown t...
616 47 24
"And in his eyes, she was the prettiest girl he ever saw" So, there's always a rule about one-sided love, so let me tell you, it's like you're pourin...
2K 164 28
To everyone who thinks they have the best frictional boyfriend.. You guys didn't met rafael yet..! Male lead: This is a story of a dr who is also the...